test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Lords of Light - A LGBT friendly guild {Social, PvE, Light RP, Events}

Comments

• Options
    ogulkogulk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How to apply your guild?
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ogulk wrote: »
    How to apply your guild?

http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com or you can look for us on the guild finder when you get in game. Happy adventuring! :)
  • Options
    talorektalorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited March 2013
    ogulk wrote: »
    How to apply your guild?

Ogulk,

The easiest way is to just goto our website and sign up there.

It's where we are getting to know one another until Neverwinter is released. Also it serves as a home base for information such as what server we will be on (if there are multiple selections), what our handle names are (so we can find each other when we log in for the 1st time), listings for upcoming events, and more. So it really is the best place to start...

Otherwise, look for a member in game. The Neverwinter engine has a good guild search feature that once you search for, and find a guild, it will tell you who all is online who can send you an invite. Any of our members will be able to send you an invite to the guild.

We look forward to meeting you either on the site, or this weekend!
    Talorek

The Lords of Light - A LGBT Friendly Guild {Social/PvE/Light RP/Events}

You can join or visit with us here.
  • Options
    bobdobbsbobdobbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ive been trying not to join a guild, no offense. But after last beta weekend, I really want to try out some 4 man content that isnt being pugged. Your guild seems to be the best fit for my type of gaming, and the social community that I choose to interact with. What server do you guys play on so I can join you?

(I just registered at the guild website)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Welcome to The Lords of Light and we're happy to have you join us. Right now I believe at least for beta there is still only one server. I don't think they have stated yet if there are going to be multiple servers or not at launch. I think depending on how many people log in for this weekends server crash party (I am looking forward to my pirate hat.. ARGH MATEY!) will determine that and how the one server handles the load... I wouldn't be surprised though if they end up with servers at least in Europe since there seems to be a huge following of this game from there.
    Talorek

• Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't help but be mad at the thread title.

Mostly that we live in a world where you have to specify that a guild -is- LGBT Friendly.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    I can't help but be mad at the thread title.

Mostly that we live in a world where you have to specify that a guild -is- LGBT Friendly.

-Rachel-

Hi Rachel. No reason to be mad. If you want to know more about us and what we stand for, please check our website. But let me see if I can answer you.

It depends on your view of the world really. The reason why we "advertise" as a LGBT friendly guild is #1, you want to group up with people who are of like mind because lets face it, you become friends with the people in your guilds. Just as there is a Christian gamers guild, or a Texas guild, or a east coast guild, or a spanish speaking guild, so on and so forth, you want to be with people who have a common interest or a common bond. We are not an exclusive group by any means. We have people from all walks of life and backgrounds, including people who are married and their spouses have joined us as well because they support the community and they know we like to have fun! So our advertising that we are LGBT is just a way for those who have a similiar background to find eachother...

#2, and it is unfortunate... We still live in a world of "don't ask, don't tell". All too often I hear from people who are in other guilds who talk about like something they say like "last night I went to see that movie with my boyfriend" over voice chat. Once that "cat's out of the bag" they are treated poorly by the guild and often times alienated. It's unfortunate that it still happens, and it isn't even all guilds, or all people in the guild, but sometimes, all it takes is 1 to give you a bad experience. So we advertise that we are LGBT friendly just so that people know that by joining us, they don't have to worry about what they say because we accept people for who they are.. from all walks of life, and all backgrounds. It doesn't matter who you are to us, as long as you're respectful to each other.

And on a side note, I would just like to say that thus far if we did not advertise us as a LGBT friendly guild, I would not have met all the current members that we have today. It has been a wonderful experience and it truly has been my pleasue to get to know each of them and I look forward to meeting any other new members who join us. This really is in all honesty, the best group of guildmates I have had in any game dating back to Star Wars Galaxies.
    Talorek

• Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    steampunky wrote: »

It's an important distinction for those just coming out or still very unsure of themselves, or live in areas where being openly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> can mean a great deal of grief.

While I agree that it's tragic that these conditions exist, they are real. There's a great deal of insecurity at times for those who are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, sadly, sometimes society creates that pressure, and the tag I think calms that insecurity for those who need it.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    9 hours till beta weekend 3.... See ya there!
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Are you all excited? 3 Hours till Beta Weekend 3 starts...
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Just like to extend a big welcome to all our new members... Look forward to seeing you in game and on our website.
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Another great Beta Weekend. We had a blast. Quite a few member are getting used to their roles while others completly shifted and went with another class... Oh the beauty of beta...

On Friday, we formed a number of parties and run some quests and dungeons.
    On Saturday we held our first guild event, got to know one another a little more, and ran through a members foundry quest. We also got our pirate hats!
    On Sunday we took it a little easier and explored a little more, did more dungeons, and just had a great time.

So if you're on the fence about a guild to join still, this is it. If you're wondering if we're going to be here after launch day, rest assured, The Lords of Light will be there. If you're looking for a really great group of people to quest with, who take their time through dungeons, and take the time to explain things, then look no further. The Lords of Light is all this and more.

Join us here while we wait for the next time we can all log into Neverwinter!
    Talorek

• Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey, hey... we're up to at least 25 members. Come on in, the water's fine. :p

http://www.thelordsoflight.enjin.com
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Actually I believe we have more than that Chad. That was just the users who signed up on the website. In game we had close to 50 members.
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    talorek wrote: »
    Actually I believe we have more than that Chad. That was just the users who signed up on the website. In game we had close to 50 members.

Yep, that's why I said "at least 25". Don't have access to the game right now to count members and didn't want to overestimate. ;)
  • Options
    shane8833shane8833 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Good group of people so far, can't wait for launch!
    Join at http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com/recruitment
    Officer of the Guild: The Lords of LIGHT
    LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Join Here- http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com/recruitment
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yep, that's why I said "at least 25". Don't have access to the game right now to count members and didn't want to overestimate. ;)

I wish we had access to the game right now *sigh*
    Talorek

• Options
    femmedesetoilesfemmedesetoiles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to say, it is super nice to *already* have friends in game to hang out with and nice folks around to answer questions. :)

Join us! :D
    The Lords (and Ladies!) of Light
    ~ A LGBT Friendly Guild ~
    Visit us
    here.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    While we wait for Neverwinter Open Beta, or release, we are getting to know one another on other games. Please check our event page and join us. We're hopping around different f2p games every Friday night and would love to meet new potential members.
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Tonights game of choice will be DDO. Please join us on the Khyber server if you're interested in grouping up with some fellow members while we wait to join the world of Neverwinter once more.
    Talorek

• Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited March 2013
    You guys look pretty awesome. It's a shame you seem to be so heavily US-based and I'm going to be playing on the EU server(s), otherwise I would gladly team up with you or even join. It's good to see an LGBT guild in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Erideita - We do have 3 or 4 EU members that I am aware of. Don't know if that will provide you with the level of gamesmanship you're looking for in a guild, but we'd be glad to have you. If you don't find anything else, please reconsider and join us. :)
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not to be intentionally offensive, but perhaps LGBT people would not need their own specific community online if they did not flaunt their sexuality. It tends to be the root of most issues outside of internet forums (IRL) as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    LGBT people don't flaunt their sexuality any more than straight people do. In social guilds, sometimes real life is discussed. Straight folks often talk about their significant others but when a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> person does the same, they are sometimes wrongly accused of flaunting their sexuality and shunned or harassed. Sadly, differential treatment and harassment are still a part of the world. Until such time as prejudice is marginalized, LGBT guilds will be a reality.

We have self-identified straight people in our guild and welcome all LGBT friendly people. :)
  • Options
    ogulkogulk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    talorek wrote: »
    Ogulk,

The easiest way is to just goto our website and sign up there.

It's where we are getting to know one another until Neverwinter is released. Also it serves as a home base for information such as what server we will be on (if there are multiple selections), what our handle names are (so we can find each other when we log in for the 1st time), listings for upcoming events, and more. So it really is the best place to start...

Otherwise, look for a member in game. The Neverwinter engine has a good guild search feature that once you search for, and find a guild, it will tell you who all is online who can send you an invite. Any of our members will be able to send you an invite to the guild.

We look forward to meeting you either on the site, or this weekend!

Just signed to the site, hope to join you in the game as soon as it released...
  • Options
    harleyhogharleyhog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Stopping by to say hello to my fellow GM members and extend a personal welcome to anyone who is looking for an online family to game with...I can't wait to join you all here in Neverwinter. Speaking from experience from when I was looking for a guild, these folks welcomed me with open arms and soon became my online family. I cannot imagine gaming without these fine folks, see you all soon! :D

HarleyHog
    Crusader of Guild Medieval
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    You guys look pretty awesome. It's a shame you seem to be so heavily US-based and I'm going to be playing on the EU server(s), otherwise I would gladly team up with you or even join. It's good to see an LGBT guild in Neverwinter.

Erideita, if it happens that there won't be EU servers then you are more than welcome to join with us. As mentioned, we have quite a number of EU members, with more joining all the time. I'd say we have about 8 or so from the EU now. Plus we have folks who play all hours, so you will always find someone on. So come on over, give us a try and get to know everyone while we wait. We look forward to meeting you.
    Talorek

• Options
    edited April 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    Not to be intentionally offensive, but perhaps LGBT people would not need their own specific community online if they did not flaunt their sexuality. It tends to be the root of most issues outside of internet forums (IRL) as well.

Someoneod, I don't want to get off topic from a recruitment thread into a discussion about the LGBT community, but this might surprise you. If you took the time to go through our forums, you will not find one post written about sexuality or anything sexual out of the couple hundred or so that are there. The Lords of Light primarily exists as a place for people, regardless of their background, to come together. It is a community that respects each other for their own ideas, beliefs and views, and believe me, you would be surprised by my background as well as my beliefs and views. But that's okay, that's who I am... And I might not agree with some of my guildmates, but I respect them and I respect their beliefs. And that is at the core of our guild. Us being a LGBT guild is no more flaunting than HCG, or a Spanish Guild, or a German Guild, or a Military Only Guild, or any other guild that forms by having a social connection. Would I feel comfortable in a German guild where everyone is speaking German? Probably not... But I wouldn't ask them to change because of who they are. If you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy to talk to you in PMs or on our guild website. Thank you for giving us another chance to explain a little more about The Lords of Light.

So, getting back on topic, if you're still guild shopping and looking for the right fit guild. The Lords of Light would be happy to have you!
    Talorek

• Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    someoneod wrote: »

Straight people flaunt their sexuality all the time. Sometimes way more extreme than the LGBT community. I am <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I HAVE NEVER needed my own community and I flaunt my sexuality as I so choose to. I don't think I have ever came across someone who ( was guilded with me- and I've been in some hardcore/big guilds) that had a problem with it, and if they did they didn't say anything, probably because I never said anything in response to how they spoke. A LBGT guild is just finding like minded people which in a sense is the reason for playing an online game. It makes the experience more enjoyable and helps avoid situations in which people might not feel comfortable.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Good day Lords and Ladies of the Light... This weeks Friday meetup adventure while we wait to play in the world of Neverwinter will take place on Lord of the Rings Online on the Landroval server... Please join us there as a level 1 character, ready to fight orcs and goblins at 6pm pst.
    Talorek