Install Arc
Options

Timed Out Connecting to Game Server

1235»

Comments

• Options
    mwinkymwinky Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am using Verizon FIOS as well, impossible to even connect to the game.

When I loaded the patcher I just got a white box saying Loading, Please wait... then an IE popup that could not connect, and both windows say that the page is unable to display.

Tried uninstalling, but now I have the same issue when trying to load the patcher plus I can not bypass it now as the game was uninstalled.. I am literally just stuck at the patcher trying to connect.

I did the restart/flush dns/run as admin dance, nothing is working. So much for this game.
  • Options
    kosmtecwarriorkosmtecwarrior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mwinky wrote: »

When I loaded the patcher I just got a white box saying Loading, Please wait... then an IE popup that could not connect, and both windows say that the page is unable to display.

Tried uninstalling, but now I have the same issue when trying to load the patcher plus I can not bypass it now as the game was uninstalled.. I am literally just stuck at the patcher trying to connect.

I did the restart/flush dns/run as admin dance, nothing is working. So much for this game.

i was able to get passed that part by unplugging my modem for hour .. and mind you i had already had my IP changed earlier this afternoon. the launcher downloaded and i was able to download the full patch again. Afterwards i tried logging in, that didnt work: got the fatal error crash.. so i changed my proxy restarted the launcher attempted that.. again got the fatal error crash
    Tried running it in safemode with the proxy set and again fatal error crash. Have been on the forums furiously trying to find a solution to the problem

the error reads as follows "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The Connection was idle for too long" then the "Crypticerroropps!" pops up and asks me what i was doing at the time

i may have a found the solution to this last error .. seems after you reinstall and get this far .. make sure you authorize the program through your firewall
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=137737
    this thread gave me the heads up .. downloading another patch atm though not far enough to tell if its going to work

no go.. all failed with the same error as posted above .. i'm at a lose as what to do .. seems everythings out of my hands atm
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If the solution to the problem is unplugging my modem for X number of hours, I'd rather just not play.
  • Options
    kosmtecwarriorkosmtecwarrior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the solution to the problem is unplugging my modem for X number of hours, I'd rather just not play.

i also went into my cmd and used the ipconfig/release then ipconfig/renew just to refresh my ip on the home network as priority
    what im trying to accomplish is the localization of the issue then proceed to resolve it

but from the above thread i edited into my last post this isn't the first time these problems have come up as far as these error's

the up side is they might have an idea whats causing it and be able to help us easier once the actual issue is located
  • Options
    lowqfahlowqfah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10
    edited August 2013

Dear Cryptic,

What the hell is wrong with you guys? I mean seriously I have played a dozen MMOs and it is CO, STO, and NWN that have these issues. I hate to tell you, but the problem is you. You website that launches the authentication is borked and has been since 8PM EST last night. I quit. I am done, you will never see another cent of my money. Congrats. I have stuck with you for 3 years, but 30 hours of down time because of what?

Useless. Pathetic. The issue is not, me, it is not my computer, it is not my router. If you have a service that has an issue with FIOS, then the problem is you. FIOS cannot be wrong because half the **** country is on FIOS. Get a clue and fix your game.
  • Options
    hypax1hypax1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having the same issues as OP, but now cannot launch game at all. Getting unable to connect to patch server message. Tried reinstalling from the PWE site but no luck. Dead in the water as the saying goes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lowqfah wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic,

What the hell is wrong with you guys? I mean seriously I have played a dozen MMOs and it is CO, STO, and NWN that have these issues. I hate to tell you, but the problem is you. You website that launches the authentication is borked and has been since 8PM EST last night. I quit. I am done, you will never see another cent of my money. Congrats. I have stuck with you for 3 years, but 30 hours of down time because of what?

Useless. Pathetic. The issue is not, me, it is not my computer, it is not my router. If you have a service that has an issue with FIOS, then the problem is you. FIOS cannot be wrong because half the **** country is on FIOS. Get a clue and fix your game.

I agree with this sentiment. I didn't change anything on my end, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to give this company my money. At least some sort of acknowledgement that there is a problem and they are fixing it maybe? Nope, just ignore your paying customers. :(
  • Options
    aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So it WASN'T me or my computer that has problems. Yesterday I could connect to the game but i couldn't connect to the gateway. Strangely enough i got on my phone, turned on the 3gs service and wifi off and i was able to connect to to gateway. I switched the connection back to wifi and it was a dead response. The only thing left to do is to reset my router (meaning turn it off for x number of hours and back on later, glad those hours were my sleeping hours).
    But here i am stuck unable to play. Gateway works but game the laucher won't load, nor will the connection be established through the game client in the log in screen. I am also unlucky to be unable to log in on the day that i'm getting my 7th celestial coin, there goes a whole week's attempt at getting a coalescent ward.

I just can't believe this is a FIOS issue too because I'm another user who has FIOS. Does Neverwinter hate FIOS or something?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So it WASN'T me or my computer that has problems. Yesterday I could connect to the game but i couldn't connect to the gateway. Strangely enough i got on my phone, turned on the 3gs service and wifi off and i was able to connect to to gateway. I switched the connection back to wifi and it was a dead response. The only thing left to do is to reset my router (meaning turn it off for x number of hours and back on later, glad those hours were my sleeping hours).
    But here i am stuck unable to play. Gateway works but game the laucher won't load, nor will the connection be established through the game client in the log in screen. I am also unlucky to be unable to log in on the day that i'm getting my 7th celestial coin, there goes a whole week's attempt at getting a coalescent ward.

I just can't believe this is a FIOS issue too because I'm another user who has FIOS. Does Neverwinter hate FIOS or something?

It is a FIOS/Verizon issue, or at least every person so far having this issue is a FIOS subscriber.

As a note, my friend who also has FIOS says that pirate bay is no longer working for him either, I wonder if Verizon is draconianly blocking ports and NWO just happened to get caught up in it?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    It is a FIOS/Verizon issue, or at least every person so far having this issue is a FIOS subscriber.

As a note, my friend who also has FIOS says that pirate bay is no longer working for him either, I wonder if Verizon is draconianly blocking ports and NWO just happened to get caught up in it?

That is one such possible cause. I'm not privy to the details of this current situation or what exactly is causing conflicts with Verizon FIOS and Neverwinter but I have read reports of ISP's blocking players from playing certain games in Europe.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That is one such possible cause. I'm not privy to the details of this current situation or what exactly is causing conflicts with Verizon FIOS and Neverwinter but I have read reports of ISP's blocking players from playing certain games in Europe.

This friend also plays (played?) NWO and says that <Illegal Download Website> and NWO both stopped working at exactly the same time.
  • Options
    justicar1bjornjusticar1bjorn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yap <Illegal Download Website> is blocked for me as well... what the heck is verizon doing?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Curious. Very curious.

However let's keep discussion about such websites at arm's length otherwise things could get quite messy. ;)
  • Options
    wrathofgawdwrathofgawd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Many of us have been having the same issues with being Timed Out when zoning in or out and then DC'd from the game for the past few days. When are you guys going to acknowledge that there is an issue and maybe give us some updates as to whats going on with it?
    Pro Tip: Keeping us in the dark and completely ignoring the problem will not make it go away.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sadly issues which occur on the weekend take longer to contend with.

Expect more information on the situation soon. :)
  • Options
    mindfoxmindfox Member Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    same problem
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    same problem, anybody ever fix this?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    same problem,
  • Options
    morphykarumorphykaru Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok I tried a suggestion in another thread and it solved my problem.

I am one of the Verizon FIOS customers that lost the ability to login to Neverwinter Saturday afternoon. Many of us had the same or similar issue where after clicking "Play" on the launcher the screen would go black and the windows activity/cursor icon would sit on screen spinning. Eventually you get a fatal error that reads "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long"

I spent all night Saturday and all day Sunday working through the various possible solutions sent from Cryptic in response to my ticket as well as working through the suggested solutions in this and other threads.

Jut now I read a thread by someone who suggested setting up a vpn using one of the various vpn services out there. This effectively masks your IP and routes your connection around the verizon network. A couple services are suggested in the thread at this link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?433481-Can-t-log-in-Using-Verizon-Read-This!

I installed one called Hotspot Shield which is recommended by CNET and other trusted publications. The software installed quickly and smoothly and just worked. Bam! I am back in Neverwinter. It's just wrong that I lost a day and a half of my life trying to solve a problem caused by Verizon who I pay a huge monthly fee to for premium Internet services.

So there is no doubt Verizon and it's relationship with Cryptic and/or other ISP's is where the problem is. Verizon must be blocking or is seriously throttling back the traffic it allows through to Cryptic.
  • Options
    recks69recks69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I started using CyberGhost VPN and can now access the one character I couldn't before. I logged in, moved around, zoned and logged out. However, I still cannot enter the game with that character unless I'm using the VPN. I don't need it for the other three characters on my account. They log in just fine without it.

This is really weird.
  • Options
    hypax1hypax1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just logged in and have a 5631Mb patch downloading. Fingers crossed. I downloaded hotspot shield, but do not have it running at this time.

patch loaded and running fine at this time
  • Options
    justicar1bjornjusticar1bjorn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    now it seems as if the issue has been fixed on my end, actually logged on without the use of a VPN.
  • Options
    morphykarumorphykaru Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    now it seems as if the issue has been fixed on my end, actually logged on without the use of a VPN.

Yes, same here. Whatever the issue was it has been resolved and I don't need the VPN any more. I bet Cryptic contacted Verizon and worked it out. We'll probably never know exactly what happened.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It likely has nothing to do with Neverwinter or Cryptic, but with the backbone ISP that carries both Cryptic and Netflix. Verizon is in a dispute with them about peerage charges, so the ports from that ISP to Verizon are being allowed by Verizon to "degrade", or fill up, which means everyone's connection for retrieving data through Verizon from that backbone ISP is being screwed.
  • Options
    twerkulatorrtwerkulatorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just another quick update fellas, I used the proxy set to US to login and move my character to another area besides protector's. It has remedied the issue for now. I have no doubt this is somehow related to Verzion FIOS and Cryptic/PWE servers. The likely culprit is that Cogent Co that I see being mentioned often.
    Twerkulatorr (Rogue) & Twerk (Guard)
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
    Peter Puffer's Foundation @ Mindflayer
  • Options
    pearlybluepearlyblue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can't even get in to game cuz of "server not responding . . . " I guess it has to be fixed!
  • Options
    darkzangadarkzanga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cant get past the logger.