test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Again, we need an Inventory Tab for Mounts!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I want to buy some mounts but I am not going to waste my regular inventory slots on storing mounts.

I want to get the Armored Worg, and the Howler, and the White Tiger..
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    bigbadbieberbigbadbieber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you know you can only ride one mount at a time
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    you know you can only ride one mount at a time

I like switching mounts regularly. I have the Guardian pack armored horse, and the hero pack armored spider & I alternate them. But, I'd like to buy more mounts, but can't cus I need to save my inventory spots.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    any mount you purchase via the zen store is re-claimable through the zen store... so you can trash what you aren't currently riding and change up later if you so desire without having to keep all of your mounts in your current inventory. this does not apply to the nightmare mount or any mount purchased with gold... although i think the nightmare mount should be re-claimable through the promo vendor once you've won one.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    also, mounts acquired through a pack purchase are re-claimable through the promo vendor across the hall from sgt knox. again, you don't need to keep it in your current inventory if you're not using it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    although i think the nightmare mount should be re-claimable through the promo vendor once you've won one.

That would require code tracking if you equipped it or not, and making ones claimed through the vendor bound as opposed to dropped from the box unbound. Probably not impossible to implement (two separate items and the flags to set when to make it available from vendor), but definitely something that would take time and be subject to bugginess (potentially exploitable bugginess).

As for the Zen mounts, I swear I've read somewhere that they're claimable once per character. But I don't own a Zen mount to test it. Wouldn't be hard for someone who owns one and has a free character slot to run a disposable hero just long enough to access the store and check though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    As for the Zen mounts, I swear I've read somewhere that they're claimable once per character. But I don't own a Zen mount to test it. Wouldn't be hard for someone who owns one and has a free character slot to run a disposable hero just long enough to access the store and check though.

mounts purchased through the zen store can be claimed by all of your toons. and reclaimed if you trash it.

i own the howler.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So, if I buy several mounts, ill have to keep going back to the vendor to reclaim them? It would be easier to just have an Inventory Tab for mounts, so you don't have to trash/reclaim.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    if the difference between pressing I or Y is problematic, then i guess a tab would be helpful.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool idea! Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if the difference between pressing I or Y is problematic, then i guess a tab would be helpful.

This.
    No need to Travel anyplace duck.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Cool idea! Thanks!

Thanks! Please, please, PLEEASE pass this along to the developers! We NEED an Inventory Tab for Mounts!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Cool idea! Thanks!
    . . . . . . I agree! I love mounts and would love to have an easier way to switch between them instead of having to store certain ones in the bank and rarely use them due to bag space. I have full bag slots, so its not an issue of buying more bag slots.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . I agree! I love mounts and would love to have an easier way to switch between them instead of having to store certain ones in the bank and rarely use them due to bag space. I have full bag slots, so its not an issue of buying more bag slots.

I 100% agree! I posted this idea about 1 month ago, but it slipped by notice apparently. I'm just glad that people noticed the second request!!
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just remember there is a difference between want and need.

This game is based on a whole lot of want.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Just remember there is a difference between want and need.

This game is based on a whole lot of want.

Everyone would benefit from this; be it by need or want.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    *the mage rolls greed on mount inventory*
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I have 5g nags on my characters. How would I benefit?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    I have 5g nags on my characters. How would I benefit?

They won't take "regular" inventory slots.. You'd have a few more open inventory slots for items other than mounts.
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am not a mount collector myself but anything like this that saves bag space
    Is a great Idea for all....
    Personally I want to see Bounty Items removed from normal bags maybe
    add a quest Item tab for items collected related to quests.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not just Mounts and Bounty Items but Fashion needs a tab also......
    Gonna need room for the future Halloween Scarecrow and Christmas Goblin outfits :o
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    It's not just Mounts and Bounty Items but Fashion needs a tab also......
    Gonna need room for the future Halloween Scarecrow and Christmas Goblin outfits :o
    . . . . . Indeed, I think the desire for at-whim customization/appearance wasn't taken into as quite as much consideration as it should have been for the Realms. There's far too many road-blocks for people who are collectors, fashion lovers, and Role-players in general when dealing with inventory, storage, and wardrobes.

. . . . . This being the Forgotten Realms, it needs to have the very best magical and gnomish inventions that can offer to support us alt-fashion-rp addicts. Indeed. Gods I do miss the storage capabilities that the peoples had in the land of Britannia in conjunction with housing storage and decoration. It would be spectacular if the Realms could make some inventory system to be even better as well as have a wardrobe system that blows the socks off the folks in the middle of the earth. *the mage winks*
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    More space in bag = less zen store bags purchased.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    More space in bag = less zen store bags purchased.
    However... more bag space equal more purchasing of fluff as we will be able to store more of it!
    *the mage nods, agreeing with himself as usual*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They won't take "regular" inventory slots.. You'd have a few more open inventory slots for items other than mounts.

My mount doesn't take an inv slot, it's on 6. And if it did it would only be 1 slot not a few.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    My mount doesn't take an inv slot, it's on 6. And if it did it would only be 1 slot not a few.

Well, for those of us who want a wide variety of mounts - this would be great. If you only want to use 1 mount, that's fine. But, us Mount-a-holics need more room!! XD
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, for those of us who want a wide variety of mounts - this would be great. If you only want to use 1 mount, that's fine. But, us Mount-a-holics need more room!! XD
    . . . . Indeed, all my characters have a minimum of three mounts just starting out after the bridge. Of course, they cannot use them for a while afterwards, but still.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the easiest solution is to give mounts a handful slots of it's own in the companions tab (like how the crafting tab is split between resources and assets).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Absolutely, I think it's a great suggestion, I'm just replying to the person who claimed that everyone would benefit.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    Personally I want to see Bounty Items removed from normal bags maybe
    add a quest Item tab for items collected related to quests.

Test shard is trying bounty items in the currency tab. Drawbacks are that the space for currency items is really small, and they don't stack very high. I suspect this will be re-evaluated similarly to how more space for profession items was added in response to the Alchemy launch.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    While we're at it, how about an Inventory Tab for Enchants and Runestones?