test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Again, we need an Inventory Tab for Mounts!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can a Developer please confirm or deny if this will get on a "to-do" list?

*grovels*
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I think the easiest solution is to give mounts a handful slots of it's own in the companions tab (like how the crafting tab is split between resources and assets).

That is a good idea as well.
    Anything to save a few slots is nice in actual bags.
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    While we're at it, how about an Inventory Tab for Enchants and Runestones?

This one I tend to disagree with.
    Collecting in game stuff that is free and usable but
    improves our character stats is what our bags are supposed to be for.
    It is part of the decision process of what to keep and what not to keep.

Fashion Items Mounts anything store purchased should not go into our bags.
    It discourages spending and is counter intuitive.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    so you have two less slots in your bag,.....big whoop.

......thats what all these merchants you see just about everywhere are for.
    edited August 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    Fashion Items Mounts anything store purchased should not go into our bags.
    It discourages spending and is counter intuitive.

I've got the same thought for these.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If we get the Inventory Tab for Mounts, may I suggest that the available slots be at least 20? With a minimum of 20 mount slots, that would allow us to have a great amount of storage!
  • Options
    nethermonkeynethermonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13
    edited August 2013
    Agree with op my list of mounts is growing. I like to quick switch them out sometimes for the hell of it. Having to reclaim them is a pain. There should also be a fashion tab as well. I have so much of it even with the greater bags of holding i'm running out of space. Those darn kits take up a bag itself. The enchants take up 2!
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I never understood why they limited bounty items to stacks of 50 when everything else stacks to 99. And profession items stack to 999.

Would love a stack of 999 potions though, haha.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Can we get a Confirm or Deny on this soon please? I wanna get me some mounts, but I'm not wasting my regular inventory slots on them..
  • Options
    soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Cool idea! Thanks!

I hope you make it, because i have 2 epics already and i am planing to buy 2 new mount in the new expansion. And if i sawd correctly then the new event will give us 2 new mounts.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We sure could use more Companion slots also in the Companion Inventory Tab.. I'm running low on room there also.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    additional idle companions slots are available in the zen store as well as the active companion slots.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, additional (free) companion storage won't be happening. Both active and idle slots were just on sale too, during Call to Arms.

Incidentally, does anyone know if the achievement for collecting 25 companions is a character achievement or an account achievement? There are some like Foundry tipping and reviewing where they're calculated across the entire account.

If it's by a single character, then I don't think you can unlock that one without spending Zen, since iirc you have 16 idle slots and 3 active (which is lots for normal use, really).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Bump..

/10char
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    By offering a convenient and easy to use method of storing and switching between mounts, you encourage people to actually want multiple mounts. With the current system, I have no reason to want anything other than the single T3 I got...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I suspect at some point special zones will be created with extreme hazards that must be negotiated... by special mounts. Perhaps a large fire/lava zone which requires the use of fire immune mounts (theoretically the Nightmare or soemthing equivalent) to traverse. Just my two coppers on the subject.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Gonna need this soon - I really want some new mounts..
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love this idea! I would really like a separate tab for mounts, and a better system for storing outfits. (Actually, the whole cosmetic system needs work, in my opinion.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable number of Mount Slots for the Mount Inventory Tab should have. 20 slots would be a good start. How about some feedback on this dynamic ..
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    IMO about 12 would be a good starting point.
  • Options
    timtamsstimtamss Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They should give you a slot for each mount you buy!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agreed, there's no way i buy several mounts if i'm charged twice because it fills my tiny inventory space.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    As soon as we get the Inventory Tab for Mounts, I'm gonna buy:

1.) Howler Mount
    2.) Armored Worg Mount
    3.) Armored Bear Mount
    4.) Tiger Mount

Idea:
    Make a ridable Dragon Mount! Medium sized dragon, or bigger. Tier 3 of course. Flappy wings, wiggly tail, and all that good stuff!
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If we get a tab for mount..I want a tab for dyes and outfits! My bank is full and I had two alt banks D:

*rolls in dye*

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    If we get a tab for mount..I want a tab for dyes and outfits! My bank is full and I had two alt banks D:

*rolls in dye*

We sure could use a tab for Fashion Items as well.
  • Options
    squellssquells Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when u get 60 you really dont need more that the 3 bags you get from questing...ppl complain about the most dumbest things...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    squells wrote: »
    when u get 60 you really dont need more that the 3 bags you get from questing...ppl complain about the most dumbest things...

It's not a complaint, it's an idea for improving the game XD
  • Options
    xperfixperfi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    squells wrote: »

lol that's not true. I even bought one blue bag from my farmed ads and I could need even more free space.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People who like cosmetic items do require more storage space. It wouldn't be game-breaking to provide them places to stash their clothes and dye because these provide no gameplay advantage. It would encourage spending, since players could happily keep multiple fashion sets around without sacrificing their ability to pick up loot.

Likewise, collecting mounts doesn't provide any gameplay advantage since the player can only use one at a time. Zen store mounts can be reclaimed, but this is still less convenient than having a place for them in inventory, thus it would encourage spending. It would also address the issue of running out of room for per-character mounts. Just because I am happy with my one horse doesn't mean I'm going to knock people who enjoy changing out their ride on a whim.

People who play solo a lot and pick up items to sell need carrying space, so the quest bags might not actually be adequate. Also, if you're trying to make good late-game enchantments from your drops, you need a lot of room to keep them all, even if you try to store them efficiently. (And speaking from experience, your mail will get full if you try to use it for extensive storage.)

Levelling Alchemy requires space because of all the different potions, if you're trying to do it with minimal monetary investment.

People who only PvP barely need any space because there's little by way of loot. People who don't bother with greens drops or don't care about being fancy aren't going to have these concerns. But not everyone wants the same thing out of the game. These are features that could be implemented for the people who want them without spoiling anyone else's experience.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How do these characters carry all these extra people and animals in their backpacks!!!!

We need wagons and carts already!