test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Again, we need an Inventory Tab for Mounts!

Comments

• mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd be all for Mount tab, Fashion clothing tab, and more Active companion slots (5 is not enough for someone like me). Alternatively, if not more active companion slots, do not make companions gear unequip when made Inactive, because having to carry all that companion gear and put it back on every time I switch companions in and out is a big PITA.

Everything else - including all the enchants/runestones - so far I think should take up regular backpack space, simply because there should be at least some decision making about what one can hold onto "forever."
  • janntjannt Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No lie, it was a little irritating to get used to it in WoW when then did that. But the freed up bag space was great. And since I have a few hundred mounts on wow it made my life a lot easier.

One of the best additions they made. Would love to see it here as well.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've said it before - adding an easy-to-use mount inventory tab would make it more appealing to have multiple mounts... I'm not going to bother if it eats up an inventory slot or I have to keep going to the Zen store to reclaim it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm really hoping they implement this soon. I want some mounts!
  • hawneehawnee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2013
    I'D like a mount tab and a costume tab. Both items use bank slots and id buy more of both if they had a storage tab for them so you dont need to use bank slots for extra mounts or costumes. Something like the idle slots companions have.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hawnee wrote: »
    I'D like a mount tab and a costume tab. Both items use bank slots and id buy more of both if they had a storage tab for them so you dont need to use bank slots for extra mounts or costumes. Something like the idle slots companions have.

Agree - especially for cosmetic items as they provide zero game use but are great for the RP effect and brightens up the game, especially with every character looking pretty much the same.
    Mount tab also great idea.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    agree, kind of unhandy having to equip the mount each time
    edited September 2013
    Devs? Any chance of getting this?
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's because the festival reward mount would take up space that i pretty much had decided those favors of sune were going to go unspent. If we had a mount tab, that wouldn't even be a consideration for me. i'd have alread gotten the boar mount. (Prize pig mount is too silly...)
    edited September 2013
    It's because the festival reward mount would take up space that i pretty much had decided those favors of sune were going to go unspent. If we had a mount tab, that wouldn't even be a consideration for me. i'd have alread gotten the boar mount. (Prize pig mount is too silly...)

I love the armored boar mount! When you stand still and hit the space bar it bounces soooo Funny!
  • manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I actually like the idea. Mounts gotten through store, promo (stormraider or pale horse), and pack mounts can all be reclaimed - but what about upgraded mounts?

I have a stormraider I upgraded to 110% speed, I now have no real reason to get the pig mount (turned in all my favor for flowers) or really any other event mount or anything that isnt already 110%, and even then it's iffy that I'd bother. I won't be looking at upgrading another mount to 110% because hey, I already spent over 2mil on the one she's on now.

Without a mount tab, I will never spend zen/AD for that character to get another mount again. It is in cryptic's best interest to give people like me a tab for all the mounts. (Yes, if I have to pay for the tab I'll ignore it fully - because I'm not going to spend for the privilege to ride my pretties, and the privilege to upgrade them. NTY)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This would still be a cool idea. A separate tab of some sort for mounts would be great.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • magnumstarmagnumstar Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A better Idea yet would be to create a stable that acts like a bank for mounts. Just like the bank it would have spaces to store your mounts. I think a stable better fits the D&D theme.
  • vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Could easily share with the Companions TAB, Companions & Mounts.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, Yes Yes! And I think the Fashion Tab is in greater need by far, i have 4 mounts now and I love to swap them, so i have to have my Pig and Spider on hand all the time.

Now the fashion is my real need. Have the peasant clothes to start (i know you can trick these back but it seems 'wrong' to me), then the clothes from the Hero of the north, the fey pack, Summer event, catastophy , and i have dwarven mask from somewhere that I ended up tossing on several alts. Then consider all the enhancements and such you get from packs, like the stone from the fey pack. it is only cosmetic. i mean it does have a small effect, but nothing you would use by 7th lvl... I love my founders glow, but had to lose it to something that is level appropriate... and they just take my bank slots. I have additional greater bags of holding as well. I think i will end up swapping in Greater bags for the bags i received with my pack purchases (again, they missed the boat on this one - you earn a bag for buying a 200 pack, and it is sub standard and need to replace it, i get the fear of P2W, but seriously this hits the value of the purchase.

And yes, I have 2 bags on each toon dedicated to Enchantments. I would like them to consider them for slots, but i see both sides of the argument. I spend more time in this game dealing with inventory than i have in any other game.

And the fact that banks slots are not account wide perplexes me. I bought 2 not paying attention (thought i forgot to claim it or did it the night before) and once i realized they were not account wide (or even a shared bank with slots) I stopped. If they were account wide, I would definitely bought more.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And the fact that banks slots are not account wide perplexes me.

I've read a 'rumor' that they won't do anything like add shared bank slots until they do the server merge thing. But of course, they said in a stream about a different topic a while back that its not feasible to merge them with the population at its current levels. Both were said a while ago, so things might have changed. If it was even true in the first place. :)
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    just buy some bags from zen shop or more bank space - problem solved
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bump and seconded or... x^y'd in this case, probably by how late I'm coming into this.

Are there other options out there? Yup. But this one is one I'd like the best.
    contents to be decided
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    want same for fashion clothes
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Idle Mounts tab right next to Idle Companions tab.

Easy enough.
    edited October 2013
    Now we got even more cool mounts.. I've got all 24 slot bags from the Zen Market, but I don't have room to store mounts in my inventory. I bought 3 bank storage upgrades, and I'm still short on space.

Please developers, I'm begging you, please make an Inventory Tab for Mounts..
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    want same for fashion clothes

^this. I don't actually use fashion, but if I had the money for them, one of the things that would put me off is that I need to have the space if I want to keep other ones.
    edited October 2013
    *Hopes beyond all hope, that developers implement Inventory Tab for Mounts*
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    Now we got even more cool mounts.. I've got all 24 slot bags from the Zen Market, but I don't have room to store mounts in my inventory. I bought 3 bank storage upgrades, and I'm still short on space.

Please developers, I'm begging you, please make an Inventory Tab for Mounts..

Lol what are you hoarding?? I bought one 24 slot bag and it was recently, I do have 5 characters though.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited October 2013
    Could do it like "Idle companion slots". Give us 5 or 6 to start with, then we could buy more slots with Zen we purchase.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Forget "Inventory Tab", call it: "The Stables"

Not my idea, stolen from someone else who suggested it as we have asked for it when the game went live. As I recall, one such thread had people asking for such as they had both Starter Packs (Spider/Horse), but I guess it was forgotten. :(

Would be cool though (if not give us more reason to buy more mounts).

REFERENCES:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?4853-Thoughts-on-Mounts/page3
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?23171-The-downside-of-mounts/page2
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?172111-An-Idea-Mount-Stables-Like-Companion-Slots/page2
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?320771-Interactive-Poll-The-Top-20-Fixes-You-d-Make-to-Neverwinter!/page30

Side note... This was asked for originally back in Alpha2, July 2012 when we were trying to get them to make Toon housing inside Protector's Enclave.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "The Closet" for fashion items would go well with "The Stables".

That kind of ease of use and quality for life improvement could only serve to increase the desirability of mounts and fashion items. Get cracking, Cryptic!
    edited October 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    "The Closet" for fashion items would go well with "The Stables".

That kind of ease of use and quality for life improvement could only serve to increase the desirability of mounts and fashion items. Get cracking, Cryptic!

WORD!!

/10char
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    we do need this. I have 2 bought mounts and 3 free event/reward mounts already. I like to COLLECT in most games and we do need some new tabes. How about this. I made this just now in 5 minutes to show more or less how it could look. You could fit the idle companions, mounts, and fashion into the 1 TAB called "Collectables" or maybe just add a NEw tab for Fashion and 1 for Mounts.
    9tuk.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com