test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone else only login to pray and refresh tradeskill actions?

Comments

• Options
    flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand this. If you think that the endgame is so boring, why even bother praying or doing professions when all they do is get you stuff for doing the end game?
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand this. If you think that the endgame is so boring, why even bother praying or doing professions when all they do is get you stuff for doing the end game?

It's in the hopes that something will change, as it eventually will. Those who run this game have two choices. They can improve it, or they can watch it die. And one of those they will do. It just depends on what the goal was when they bought rights to the title, and to what extent that goal has changed. Does it really require explanation?

I'm betting it's going to be pretty awesome one day. But I will probably have that angel thingy companion from invoking by then, on all my chars. XD

(of course if the past is any indication that angel thingy companion will be totally obsolete by the time anyone has enough tokens to get it. haha)

Oh.. one more p.s.: Speaking just for me.. it's not that I find the endgame that boring. Just.. frustrating, bordering on futile. Just too much time is spent trying to make things happen that just never seem to pan out, and the reasons for that are easy to see, from any angle at all.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    Doing this since over 4 weeks now while waiting for new content.

I have 2x 60 CW, 2x 60 TR, 2x 60 GWF, 1x 60 GF, 1x 60 DC and another 43 DC and 30something GF. I have done CN and every dungeon several times with different classes, I have pvped plenty, I have every crafting prof at 20 and done GG a couple of times (which is not really my thing).

I'm out of content and I have zero left to do in the game except for fumbling around with the Foundry, which is a waste of time since fewer and fewer people play Foundry content because of the lack of rewards. I only do my prayer for ardent coins to get the angel sometime next year (the 360 coins requirement is a bad joke anyway, half of it would be enough already).

Just to give some numbers. The online community where I hang out the most started Neverwinter with 3 guilds and close to 1500 characters (probably some 4-500 unique accounts in the beginning). By now our channel is dead and even on the weekends there are less than 10 people around, because most players have blown through everything the game has to offer by now.

Game needs new classes, paragon paths and more endgame now.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I do this 2 or 3 times a day on four toonz, all lvl 60's , just pray and refresh my profs, been doing this for weeks tbh

I do log hoping to find guildies online and maybe finding some that want to actualy play, But in a guild of over 600+ members this as not happened for over a month, very rarly i may catch just 1 or 2 people on line, and thier only there to pray and do proffs then they log .

It is realy sad to see the comunity shrink so hard and so fast, pre 'live' launch and up until maybe 2 or 3 weeks after launch we always had 50+ people online at any time during the day, then it shrunk down to 30 to 40, but only when DD was on.
    This weekend even with the event on i only saw 2 guild members on over the whole 3 days, out of a 600 strong guild , I even checked the guild roster and loging dates and there had only been 4 people online at any time over the weekend, and 2 of those were my characters
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    I log in once a day

I wish.
    But I keep getting "Can"t connect to login server".
    As for no running dungeons, well I play a gwf, and gwfs don't run dungeons.

As for having fun, rubberbanding makes the game fun. You hit your Encounters and nothing happens, then once the fight is over you see all the animations coming together. Or you start the fight, you're thrown to the ground and then you see the mob raising its arm. Or the mob doing moonwalk, or gliding on the ground.

You can also have fun with your inventory bags, just by clicking the Sort button. There is a lot of fun in this game indeed, unless of course if you try to play it like a MMO.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's in the hopes that something will change, as it eventually will. Those who run this game have two choices. They can improve it, or they can watch it die. And one of those they will do.

in my opionion it will be the latter, the signs are there already even though the game is so young, Nothing is ever being fixed, every patch brings more and more broken things to light, or just plain breaks more things,

It as even got to the point were they dont fix any bugged or broken things in game, they just change the tool tips to better fit the item, and leave it broken, lol

Everything that is done that does actualy work always as a cost attached to the player, it is so obvious to see that there main priority and its been like this for a few weeks now, is just to sell more zen and zen shop items for more monetry income for them.

To me all that is keeping this game going at presant is the steady influx of new 'green' players who see people on nice mounts and with nice companions, the world looks exciting, they spend a little real cash get to 60 in no time then realize thats its not as rosy as it looked back at lvl 5 and most quit and move on, but this current steady stream of new playsrs is running out slowly but surerly.

There goal is not to fix anything but just grab as much cash as possible before the ship sinks
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    I log on but never to do either of those things. Pray when it's available and have no interest in tradeskills.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I know there are 100's if not 1000's of people who have quit for now or are just 'hanging' around waiting for the much hyped new content, Well maybe you should read the current feedback from the preview shard, all the new things, most with hugely overpriced costs attached and all the changes to class abilitys etc etc, most which will require class respec's. things are not looking to good for that at present either
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same for me as well. I'll log in once or twice a day to pray and set profession tasks.

As for why, as a solo player with two characters at 60 and one at 55 there's just no content that has desirable rewards. I happily run foundry missions over the weekend for Tymorian boxes so it's less of a matter of lack of content, though that is part of it as well.

I still like the game which is why I do this much as opposed to just not playing at all. I'm just waiting for development to catch up. The upcoming module will add more content and get me playing again and if they ever add meaningful rewards to suitable foundry missions I'll be sorted for a while.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yep i dont do anything except pray and profs whatelse is there to do.
  • Options
    w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pray on all 3 of my toons, some times I pvp or que a low lvl skirmish. If there are enough people online in my guild over the weekend I run a few dungeons and call it a night.

Games pretty dull and repetitive at the moment
  • Options
    ladykilliyaladykilliya Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here, just the 1 toon, level 60 GWF...log in a few times a day to sell my crafting stuff and set more crafts and pray...I don't even leave Protector's Enclave anymore...I just buy and sell on AH and get enchanted keys for nightmare lockboxes at 45k AD each or so...I love seeing how many times I can get the crappy runestone package or whatever it's called so I can sell the 2 companion runes I always get for about 100 AD so it's just a 44,900 AD bath on just about every key...:) I don't mind though, if I didn't get some kind of enjoyment out of it I wouldn't even do it and it doesn't take very long...Actually I just like crafting in games so if there wasn't any crafting in NWO I'd be long gone already...
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I did for a long while, occasionally running Foundry missions. Now that Foundry issues are wearing on me, it's increasingly hard to ignore how little I like most of this game.

Sigh.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My concern is that Cryptic/PWE will look at numbers of active characters as a function of time and think "We are doing a GREAT job, tons of people still play everyday!"
  • Options
    vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Frankly, fi/when i get to that point, I wouldn't even bother logging in to do that. If I find the game boring, or I become so frustrated with the state of the game that I no longer want to play, I will just move on. I'm not going to worry about crafting for a game that I am not enjoying playing.
  • Options
    eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2013
    I've done that for several weeks.. login in every morning, praying and starting craft on 4 characters... but I decided to stopped 10 days ago.
    I'll never have the 360 token for the Epic purple healer anyway... during the beta the price was not even half of what it is now.
    Doing T2 means doing all exploit or people kick you, DD are only every 6 hours etc.
    To me this game is dead whatever they may do.. it's all about making money in a worse possible way, everything is way too expensive (decent companion for minimum 20€ etc.).
    They postponed the new character once again... but gave us another companion to buy ofc...

I'm done with this game for now...
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was, until about two weeks ago. Then last night, I logged in all my toons, gave away all my enchants, shards, million ad, everything. It was a little hectic, but it was actually the most fun I've had in this game for about a month and a half.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gotta get my angel, lol. Seriously sometimes I only log in to make sure I can pray and earn that pesky angel, I do work on my tradeskills, but rarely check more than once a day except on my main. I play for maybe an hour, just because I hate to log in just to pray (I feel guilty).
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone else only login to pray and refresh tradeskill actions?

Lately, yeah.
    I log in once a day to pray for a coin on each of my characters and refresh some long duration tradeskill actions. I realized today that I haven't actually done a dungeon in well over a month and even then that was the disappointing Gauntlgrym experience.

I think it boils down to the end-game dungeons not being fun enough to do for actual entertainment and no longer being able to measurably benefit from the rewards they offer.

. . . . . . Not for me. Only reason for me is my health. I haven't had the time or well-being to play much lateley, so I've just been doing my prayer and crafting. Despite some of my concerns about the game, I still feel like this is the funnest MMO I have played since the dawn of Ultima Online, probably more-so. Also, I love the Forgotten Realms dearly, probably almost as much as Ed Greenwood himself.
  • Options
    revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But I am still making this game my main game, It has so much promise, with a huge number of classes already developed for P&P that can be translated over, and the Forgotten Realms setting which I have been playing/reading/gaming in since the 80's. The FR is my home, and as this game grows (if we give it a chance and work with the developers to build better end-game mechanics for bosses), it will be better than most on the market.
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    revmal wrote: »
    But I am still making this game my main game, It has so much promise, with a huge number of classes already developed for P&P that can be translated over, and the Forgotten Realms setting which I have been playing/reading/gaming in since the 80's. The FR is my home, and as this game grows (if we give it a chance and work with the developers to build better end-game mechanics for bosses), it will be better than most on the market.

Even if they improve boss fights it wont be worth it. It will still be about dungeons only and linear zones.

Just a fun thing to think about. How many NW zones can you fit into one GW2 zone? I honestly wonder if we couldnt cram them all up in Queensdale even. And thats my biggest issue with NW, zero exploration, that and the massive exploits in dungeons etc really makes the game a waste of time for me.

One can hope for better content, bigger zones, more to do, just exploring etc. But with cryptic and PWE at the helm, I doubt this ship is going in that direction.

I have to give it to them though, the combat system is sweet, the thing that got me hooked in the first place. But thats the only thing thats really worth mentioning. The companion system was ok, but has been done much better in other games (ToR)
  • Options
    drexl420drexl420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    revmal wrote: »

You know, I gotta hand it to ya. The sheer amount of delusion and wishful thinking in this post is truly impressive. Bravo.
  • Options
    azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    I just started doing this, got all 5 classes to 60. I just don't have fun running the dungeons with the skipping and throw all the adds we can boss mechanics. And Gyrm you can only play when they say you can. Just hoping the Feywild is more run.
  • Options
    s4c63s4c63 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I log in once a day to pray for a coin on each of my characters and refresh some long duration tradeskill actions. I realized today that I haven't actually done a dungeon in well over a month and even then that was the disappointing Gauntlgrym experience.

I think it boils down to the end-game dungeons not being fun enough to do for actual entertainment and no longer being able to measurably benefit from the rewards they offer.

Im sure there are a small % of those that do this. Why? I have no idea. Seriously if they are that bad at playing NW then maybe they should look at other less-challenging MMO's like WoW. I've been at end-game for awhile now, and I never get bored -- there is just too much to do for me to get bored.

If I did get bored to the point I was only logging to pray, then I would quit and find another MMO. I wouldn't come here and post my displeasure lol. Too many games to play to stay in one I don't like.

For now, NW is a refreshing change from the WoW and WoW-clone landscape that the MMO world has become. I enjoy the challenge, I enjoy the boss fights where the screen is over ran with adds. Reminds me of old-school MMO's. I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    s4c63 wrote: »
    Im sure there are a small % of those that do this. Why? I have no idea. Seriously if they are that bad at playing NW then maybe they should look at other less-challenging MMO's like WoW.

No one said "bad" there. They said "bored". (And just because you don't get bored by chain-grinding the same old dungeons over & over again, doesn't mean that other people have the same level of perseverance/stubbornness/whatever.)

The people who've stopped "playing" but are still logging in to punch the clock are likely 1. waiting for new content to happen (rather than just the same old stuff over & over like you seem to enjoy), or 2. want to quit but have been successfully sucked in by the Skinner-box aspects of the Daily coins/AD/crafting.

Me? I'd stopped bothering with quests/etc a month, month and a half ago. I was waiting for Feywild to give more stuff to do (since you couldn't get me to grind dungeons if you paid me. Didn't do it in WoW, not doing it here. /shrug). But since I was still planning to keep playing, logging in daily to get the coin rewards/level crafting/build up some AD, was a good idea.

Then the Lilend offer happened, I cashed out my AD for zen, and basically got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for it. That was enough of a wakeup call to get me to stop bothering with the daily logins. Still visit the forums once in awhile, as you can see. We'll see if I bother coming back when Feywild hits.
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    s4c63 wrote: »
    Im sure there are a small % of those that do this. Why? I have no idea. Seriously if they are that bad at playing NW then maybe they should look at other less-challenging MMO's like WoW. I've been at end-game for awhile now, and I never get bored -- there is just too much to do for me to get bored.

If I did get bored to the point I was only logging to pray, then I would quit and find another MMO. I wouldn't come here and post my displeasure lol. Too many games to play to stay in one I don't like.

For now, NW is a refreshing change from the WoW and WoW-clone landscape that the MMO world has become. I enjoy the challenge, I enjoy the boss fights where the screen is over ran with adds. Reminds me of old-school MMO's. I wouldn't change a thing.

What you are saying makes me think you havent played any "old school" MMOs. The latest game to come close to "old school" MMOs is GW2 and the upcoming FFXIV. NW is far from an "old school" MMO, much due to the reasons I've already stated. Its more a hack 'n slash in Diablo style than it is an MMO. The add swamping "mechanic" of this game is horrible yet you bash WoW and say it's an easy game. This game isnt hard and atleast WoW deals with boss adds in a balanced way that works. Plus it's not there on ALL bosses like it is here in NW.

There are two things to do in this game at max level that is end game, and thats PvP or Dungeons, thats not what I would call "too much to do". And there arent very many WoW clones about, if there are any at all even.

NW is too quick and too easy, especially for a game designed around PvE.

What exactly makes this game feel like an "old school" MMO and what MMOs are you thinking off when playing NW? I only think of a diablo game with more people in the hubs. Because this game lacks most things a real MMO does. The massive part of MMO gets lost quite early in this game.
  • Options
    okolo64okolo64 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup, I don't think I've done a foundry mission/dungeon/skirmish or anything other than pray + leadership whenever I remember to for months now. I think I was level 28 the last time I did anything in game, level 46 now. Pretty sad since I dropped a bit of cash on a founder pack.

None of the initial builds of the classes held much interest for me and was expecting, if not new classes then at least more builds of the current classes, to be available soon after open beta. Meh, still holding out the (weak) hope that the game fleshes out more in the (near) future with less of a cash grabbing vibe.
  • Options
    s4c63s4c63 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What you are saying makes me think you havent played any "old school" MMOs. The latest game to come close to "old school" MMOs is GW2 and the upcoming FFXIV. NW is far from an "old school" MMO, much due to the reasons I've already stated. Its more a hack 'n slash in Diablo style than it is an MMO. The add swamping "mechanic" of this game is horrible yet you bash WoW and say it's an easy game. This game isnt hard and atleast WoW deals with boss adds in a balanced way that works. Plus it's not there on ALL bosses like it is here in NW.

There are two things to do in this game at max level that is end game, and thats PvP or Dungeons, thats not what I would call "too much to do". And there arent very many WoW clones about, if there are any at all even.

NW is too quick and too easy, especially for a game designed around PvE.

What exactly makes this game feel like an "old school" MMO and what MMOs are you thinking off when playing NW? I only think of a diablo game with more people in the hubs. Because this game lacks most things a real MMO does. The massive part of MMO gets lost quite early in this game.

I stopped caring about your opinion when you said: "The latest game to come close to "old school" MMOs is GW2"

That is such an ignorant statement it doesnt even qualify for a response.

Take care.
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    The point of the thread is the question in the title. And as you can see there are quite a few people that actually do feel the same way as the OP.

What is the point of your response is the better question? If you can't relate then maybe you should keep enjoying whatever it is you are doing. I found nothing derogatory about the thread until you came along. Troll on I suppose...

I suppose it is pretty telling that .0005% of the total player base is a pretty telling statistic. /sarcasm

I was not being derogatory at all i was actually genuinely curious.

I mean if i stood up in the middle of a Burger King line and starting asking everyone else "Does anybody else hate eating at Burger King?" I would look pretty silly.

I just find it very interesting that so many people that dislike something go out of their way to continue to not support it in relation to games and forums and what not.

If you were confident in your actions or truly felt the way that you say you do then you would not be here at all.

Anything else is just a blatant attempt at being destructive in my opinion.

That is what puzzles me.

If i dont like the new Chevy Camaro i would not spend time on Chevy Camaro forums talking about how much i dont like them, i would just move on to something i do like.

To each their own of course and its your own time. Far be it for me to judge your actions no matter how silly and illogical they are. I am just curious on why people go out of their way to be destructive. What generates such harsh feelings out of thin air in regards to games whereas other subjects do not generate the same feelings.