test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone else only login to pray and refresh tradeskill actions?

madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I log in once a day to pray for a coin on each of my characters and refresh some long duration tradeskill actions. I realized today that I haven't actually done a dungeon in well over a month and even then that was the disappointing Gauntlgrym experience.

I think it boils down to the end-game dungeons not being fun enough to do for actual entertainment and no longer being able to measurably benefit from the rewards they offer.
Post edited by madqhue on

Comments

• Options
    jagelejagele Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, for the time being that's what I'm doing. Personal health reasons, yanno. Has nothing to do with game-play, though.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do this when I am busy with other things or just don't feel like playing. It's fine with me. When I play it is mostly foundry stuff -- I've never been a fan of traditional progression endgame stuff in MMOs.
  • Options
    ledmonsonledmonson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do the same as OP.
    I don't like the "here, have some more adds" mechanic of most boss fights in Neverwinter and because the Zen store is so expensive, I found Rift to give me more bang for my buck.
    I want to like this game more than all of the other games I play because of the D&D logo, but I'm having a hard time liking it as it is.
    Meanwhile, I just look at the forums everyday and log in only when its convenient to see if any guildies need my 60 GF for a dungeon run.
  • Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sort of, my rog char i have not played since 20 I log him in and just pray and refresh trades, he is level 34 now:) and I have not done anything esle. My GWF i log in and do same if no time to really play, but i have done the odd dungeon and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    I log in once a day to pray for a coin on each of my characters and refresh some long duration tradeskill actions. I realized today that I haven't actually done a dungeon in well over a month and even then that was the disappointing Gauntlgrym experience.

I think it boils down to the end-game dungeons not being fun enough to do for actual entertainment and no longer being able to measurably benefit from the rewards they offer.

yes and I haven't got any of mine to 60. IT's just so... boring.

Can't go exploring, the class possibilites are limited, no interest in Pvp, dungeons- meh, foundry missions- found a few fun ones and then I look around at all the grey people and leave.
    So sometimes I log on and do payers and professions, then i go back to Champions and have fun.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well, since gateway never bothers showing more than the same 3-4 profession options to my character no matter what I do, and logging in shows all of them...
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is exactly what I do. I log in before work and refresh tasks, and then after work I refresh them one more time. Hard to believe that I even do it anymore actually. At least I am banking a lot of AD being at 20 Leadership on the character.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep. Sadly, yes. If I have time to kill, I either stand around hoping enough guildies will come in and want to do something, give up on that when it doesn't happen, look at some things on AH that I can't buy because I don't feel like doing pugs in the badly designed dungeons. Then I log out, go play with my dogs, whatever. Then log in and do Profs/Prayer before bed. Same every day. I think about hopping over to Champions, but my SuperGroup sort of dissolved when most of us jumped over here, and now most of us don't feel like playing either one. Treading water for now. Would maybe never log in, except I keep hoping the guild activity will pick back up. Hate to give up on it.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    jeppiebjeppieb Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do the same thing mostly. Just keep doing professions, because the game might get better in the future.
  • Options
    ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same, mostly log in to pray and do professions... dungeons unless its DD is not worth it and that only comes up every 6 hours or so; I would have to be lucky for it to be going on when i log in. If I do manage to get in a DD its usallya pug and they cant do the final bosses any how; seams to boil down to you need the gear from the dungeon you are trying to complete before you complete it.. doesn't make much sense but there it is. PVP only has 2 real levels not including the horse races from GG; and the groups in those are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot with bots and all. Dont really care about the AD mill of an expansion on test so that doesnt look like it will change much for me.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ayup.

/10char
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sort of. I play daily, but I will log on every morning before work to just do those things, then I'll play when I get home for a bit, log out, then log in before bed to refresh everything.
  • Options
    tfreretfrere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I get tired of standing around begging for dungeon runs, I do that for about an hour and then go elsewhere. At lvl 60 the que for dungeons is useless.
  • Options
    riggsvilleriggsville Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    basically it is what i do to "play" the game
    when there is the DD going on or "presents" like this last weekend - presents didn't drop doing the normal missions - skirmishes dropped a few until i leveled and was moved to a new skirmish where no presents dropped
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was doing this until the Tymora event and that's pulled me back, started my 4th toon an all is good;)
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Same. Not for dungeon. At least, if i could do it. Maybe i can log at wrong time, but i can't find a party to go dungeon. Or i can find but always the same. Random queue is too long. I like pvp, but i've done too much. Also, we need a queue based on GS or victory rate. Too many newbie (i don't want to be mean, but it's better for all to play without too much gap). Too many leavers, because when they see there's a newbie they prefer to log out. Also, i' t2 with 2 character and i found too easy to farm.
    Basically, i have nothing interesting to do.
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    I used to do it, but have stopped with that aswell. A few days ago it just got clear to me. Why bother with coins and crafting when it pretty much gives you nothing in the end?

360+ days for a companion, the only thing slightly worth getting. But what is the point with the companion when content is lacking? There isnt enough to do in the game, and no, foundries arent worth it as they are currenly with drops/rewards. Module one seems rather lackluster and it's released much too late with competition around the same date from another MMO that grants early access.

I highly doubt I'll bother with the module even, so I dont see the point with coins or crafting missions. There is a bigger chance I'll go back and enjoy GW2, since it has fresh stuff each 2 weeks.
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Do you really think that you may be the only person that does this?

Are you wanting to start a "Hey i dont really play a lot" club?

Are you looking for some sort of emotional support for your actions?

Whats the point of your thread? I am genuinely curious.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    me too !
    But I run a foundry or two a day also .
    try the ' tired of being a hero ' OMG ... that is exactly why I hate PUGS ! If only I could do that to real players :P
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I used to do it, but have stopped with that aswell. A few days ago it just got clear to me. Why bother with coins and crafting when it pretty much gives you nothing in the end?

360+ days for a companion, the only thing slightly worth getting. But what is the point with the companion when content is lacking? There isnt enough to do in the game, and no, foundries arent worth it as they are currenly with drops/rewards. Module one seems rather lackluster and it's released much too late with competition around the same date from another MMO that grants early access.

I highly doubt I'll bother with the module even, so I dont see the point with coins or crafting missions. There is a bigger chance I'll go back and enjoy GW2, since it has fresh stuff each 2 weeks.

Same here. With GW2 at least you pay the game and you have a game. Fortunatly i was smart enough to don't put a single money in this game. I hope (for them, and for the time i spent) that they will emprove.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fathomful wrote: »

The point of the thread is the question in the title. And as you can see there are quite a few people that actually do feel the same way as the OP.

What is the point of your response is the better question? If you can't relate then maybe you should keep enjoying whatever it is you are doing. I found nothing derogatory about the thread until you came along. Troll on I suppose...
  • Options
    rsheartsrshearts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    Yep. I log in once before I do other things, and then I log in again before I shut down for bed.

Until I need the hard drive space or something, I figure I may as well see if I can eventually get the year-cleric. Can't wait to see how ineffectual it is considering it takes nearly a year to acquire. /pessimist
  • Options
    jeppiebjeppieb Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fathomful wrote: »

Although I am not the OP, I think he wants to see how many people do this also and by that send out a message to Perfect World. In my opinion, 3 pages with "yups" in only a few hours is quite a bad sign for a game this young.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I don't log in period anymore. I just check the forums once a week or so for information about new classes.
  • Options
    raphlwesraphlwes Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I understand where you're coming from OP, I was at the point of quitting about three weeks ago. But I finally decided that I wanted to enjoy the game for myself and not wait on other guild mates or friends to logon.

So I looked online and in-game and found plenty of large active guilds. If the one I joined diminishes, I'll find another. Also, it seems that pug games are getting better as people learn how to do dungeons. So I'm really enjoying the content now as well as the professions and invoking.

Hope you find some enjoyment in the game, if not there's always other games out there. Good Luck!
  • Options
    deinokdeinok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, is what I do with my 5 Characters atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What about us folks who log in to invoke/professions AND play?

This is a one sided thread :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    What about us folks who log in to invoke/professions AND play?

This is a one sided thread :(

The name of the thread is "Does anyone else ONLY login to pray and refresh tradeskill actions." Thanks for coming out though.
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited July 2013
    pretty much, some times i try really hard to FORCE myself to do the dailie foundry, but 15-20mins X 4 is mega boring for lame non real beneficial quests, so i only do that about once a week now, and thats ONLY if i have something FUN and EXCITING distracting me either on tv or online radio, other wise it feels to much like a chore and i just log off and play the secret world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I was but then even got burned out doing that and eventually uninstalled the game to make room on my SSD's for games that don't nickel and dime me.

I still come back here every now and then praying that a miracle has somehow saved this game but only find humor and the same misery and problems as there were at launch...