test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does anyone else only login to pray and refresh tradeskill actions?

Comments

• prettyboysetaprettyboyseta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited July 2013
    yes, during weekdays because I have no time to queue for delves.
    weekends, no I get enjoy end-game content then. I only have one max level toon and I don't know why I don't want to go through the quests again to try out a new class. :/
    Wizard.jpg
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    if it still freezes a lot = log out
  • hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    Individuals who log in once a day to pray and refresh tradeskills are people who almost certainly found the game system interesting and have hope for the future (as opposed to those who never log in at all).

The front page of this site is trumpeting the number of players as evidence of how good the game is and recent developer team interviews with media show a disturbing quantity of self-congratulation.

I do not find the current content of the game to be even minimally enjoyable and am concerned that Cryptic will see me and others like me continuing to log in as validation for the existing game and tacit approval that they are doing a good job.

They are not.

Completely agree with these opinions. I don't even log in every day anymore on both of my accounts, and yet they got counted as active players. This kind of doublespeak and obfuscation is becoming way too commonplace in ANY business nowadays, and many people think that they can't do anything about it, so they just sit and let it happen. WRONG. We, the customers, DO have the power to change things. And we should exercise that power judiciously.

And before someone comes along to point out, "If you don't log in any more, why complain or post on the forums?"....I will say this. I come here to check if the issue that caused me to stop playing has been resolved. To this day, it has not. Once it is, I will patronize this game again, but until then I AM following my own advice given above.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    It's pretty much what I do. There's really no incentive anymore to play.
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    s4c63 wrote: »
    I stopped caring about your opinion when you said: "The latest game to come close to "old school" MMOs is GW2"

That is such an ignorant statement it doesnt even qualify for a response.

Take care.

And still you fail to mention anything that you consider an "old school" MMO.

Atleast GW2 has many similarities to DaoC, one of the better old school MMOs created. Sadly NW doesnt remind me of any MMO, but it reminds me alot of many dungeon crawler games. There is still a purpose to go back to lowbie zones in GW2 and still gain something from it. Crafting mats, achievments, daily quests, monthlies, jumping puzzles (more exploration), dungeons and so on. NW is just sit in town, wait for a dungeon or PvP queue to pop. That can be done in WoW too while having better mechanics, loot drops and PvP balance.

Is there an MMO since GW2 that has had a good "old school" feel to it? Key word is after GW2. There havent been many MMO releases the latest year worth remembering, atleast none done with nods to the old school MMOs.

I'm not sure what you see as old school in NW. It feels far less massive than older games, less massive than MMOs from the 90s even. It lacks proper PvP, it has zero exploration, every boss is the same, you cant get to the point where you go "oh yeah that boss with that ability". Or "hey did you find that cool cave out there with the cool <insert mob name here> in x zone". Exploration, wanderlust, epic PvE and PvP, thats old school gaming. Things that can actually be applied to GW2 but not really to NW, because there is nothing of that in NW.

So I'm still interested in what your idea of old school MMOs would be and what similarities you find to that in NW. Because honestly, to me, NW feels like a stepping stone into what might be the next gen MMO, but NW itself wont be that MMO.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ditto. Maybe get creamed in 4 PVP matches since they seem to queue quickly. Since the economy runs on AD I try to get what I can. Being maxed out on levels doesn't entice me to earn more XP, that'd be like working for free. I think the game leveled far to quickly and now people are left with little else to retain their attention.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • s4c63s4c63 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    Individuals who log in once a day to pray and refresh tradeskills are people who almost certainly found the game system interesting and have hope for the future (as opposed to those who never log in at all).

The front page of this site is trumpeting the number of players as evidence of how good the game is and recent developer team interviews with media show a disturbing quantity of self-congratulation.

I do not find the current content of the game to be even minimally enjoyable and am concerned that Cryptic will see me and others like me continuing to log in as validation for the existing game and tacit approval that they are doing a good job.

They are not.

mmmm....hmmmmm......I dont know....you could....I suppose......quit playing the game......
  • s4c63s4c63 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is still a purpose to go back to lowbie zones in GW2 and still gain something from it. Crafting mats, achievments, daily quests, monthlies, jumping puzzles (more exploration), dungeons and so on. Blah...blah...blah

Again, my friend, we can't have a credible discussion of MMO's when you are so far off base with your silly comparison of GW2. I just dont want to take the time to have, what I could see, as a lenghty conversation with you concerning a subject that you obviously know very little about.

But I will say this. It seems to me, by reading your post, that you are a fan of GW2. I tried it. It's not a bad game. I call it the MMO, without a soul. There's just something 'not right' about it. I got bored after 3 weeks. However, that doesn't mean you can't like it of course. If I'm you I'm heading to GW2 for my MMO fix. I certaintly wouldn't be in a forum, of a game I don't enjoy. In fact though I dont care for GW2, I have never posted a negative word about it on their forums. Why would I?

So, it begs the question, what is your motivation?
    Is forum trolling what you enjoy?
    Does the fact that many others find NW to be fun, somehow annoy you?
    Is it hard for you to comprehend why someone else would like NW, when you don't?
    Do you feel that you are the only customer of Cryptic and therefore they should bend to your complaints?
    Do you find it odd that they don't?
    Does trolling the forums of a game you don't enjoy, give you a measure of satisfaction?

What ever could be your motivation?

The game you enjoy is over there >>> GW2
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same here, only to log for prayings and crafter missions, and my main is only 46 lvl, it get too hard and more potion guzzling than it was needed.
    during 1-25 levels, those potions wasnt need that much, but after 40th level, i was shocked to see how much i had consumed.

so i went back on other game, but sadly, most guild members are just leaving in drives, i played eq2 raids, and now i hadnt done it since they released Scars of Cobalt Sea.
    NW isnt only game that is losing "guild' members, DCUO and few other online games had lost high rank officers, some not coming back to play any online games.
    there no motivation for groupings or put up with "LFG" tag, often being accused of noobie or be labeled as griefer, or blame for afk.

it isnt same when it was 10 years ago, most groupings at that time, and most were "close-knit" team and often not accepting any other members or random players, which it may drove away those who need group and those happen and some do give up.

now some players who i had met, they said they rather played solo play the games such as Skyrim/Elder Scrolls, Fallouts, Witchery series, or Total wars series than getting involved with groups.
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Fact is that even and old game like GW offered much more interesting things. More balance, pvp was a great experience, and you could do all pve zone and istances even when game was at its end. Here we have 3viable dungeon, dominion, and gg that is terrible...
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited July 2013
    I stopped even that. I use to log in once a day and do gateway... actually here is my progression and I am trying to be as honest as possible.

1. played like a madman after buying the 60.00 founders pack.
    2. Once I became 60 played even more.
    3. Once I realized GWF sucks played a little less.
    4. The inability to get into CN caused me to look for alternative games. No one wanted to take a GWF into CN.
    5. Logged in, marked when DD would be and logged out until an hour before DD. Did my pvp daily.
    6. Once I was able to make enough AD to buy all my ancient gear I stopped doing dungeons, but still logged on to chat and do GG.
    7. Once I realized GG sucked I stopped logging in and only did gateway and invoke, once a day.
    8. I missed invoking one day and got annoyed and stopped logging in. Still did gateway.
    9. Found an amusing game and now no longer do anything other than check forums when I am really bored.

I thought I could maintain interest as I waited for feywild (or whatever it is called) but the fact that it does not include a new class... I think I am done. I liked the game but it is the same thing with Defiance. Great game no end game.
    edited July 2013
    For me new class is not the problem. Action is funny, but there are few viable builds (new path needed, GW was full of viable builds). If you even want to try something new you always have to pay AD. Items are all BOE, so i found easier buy the t2 doing daily than running dungeon. After 2 character with t2 i could only try to get better ench and mount. Ok, it's important, but doesn't change my game a lot. Always same map, always same dungeon (because doing karrundax run is better than try a SP cavern). With GG we have a map of pve (meh) and a map of pvp It's always dominion, but with less skill coz people run in very large group. Here mounts make huge difference, if you have a slow mount is nonsense. Runned 3 times, each doing the crypt 4 or 5 times. Get bored, and bought almost all pvp t2 items (lack off hand, but actually i don't care).
    Was a funny games, but it's clear that it's not worthy money (luckily never spent here) and now it's not worth my time. Why it's not worthy? Because you can have a better game spending less than foundry pack. For example there's a game (guess what) that cost 39.90 €. No maintenance shutdown every 3 days, no respec cost (****) and so on. I mean, neverwinter is a nice game but can't stand near competitors.

This is the state of game now, point of view of a customer. Economy is broken, and i don't think they could arrange it now. I was so bored by the lack of variety that i decided to focus on another product until is passed enough time. Maybe after one year this game will be better. Good luck.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I can't even bother loading the patches at this point, virtual coins solely aren't worth it. Still lurking forums in case something worth logging in for comes, I'm kinda tempted to try my CW but they seem to lack some core fixes so meh. What would I do in the game anyway... The content is small and I cant even solo farm / grind wealth when I'm bored due to the "if bots use it, remove it" logic.
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Im sure there are a small % of those that do this. Why? I have no idea. Seriously if they are that bad at playing NW then maybe they should look at other less-challenging MMO's like WoW. I've been at end-game for awhile now, and I never get bored -- there is just too much to do for me to get bored.

If I did get bored to the point I was only logging to pray, then I would quit and find another MMO. I wouldn't come here and post my displeasure lol. Too many games to play to stay in one I don't like.

For now, NW is a refreshing change from the WoW and WoW-clone landscape that the MMO world has become. I enjoy the challenge, I enjoy the boss fights where the screen is over ran with adds. Reminds me of old-school MMO's. I wouldn't change a thing.

You my friend are 'flogging a dead horse' here.

"Im sure there are a small % of those that do this. Why? I have no idea"

You are posting on a thread were over 90% of the posters say the opposite to you, and they give there reasons, clearly.
    Why do you say people must be that 'bad' not one poster has said anything was remotly hard, in fact most say the opposite and most say its all too easy and more importantly boring, there is no distinct mechanics for each different boss, just no imagination at all.
    tbh most dungeons are just diferent scenary and thats all, kill a endless flow of adds stick a rogue on the boss, job done.

I for one and also many others on reading their posts come here in frustration in seeing such a awesome game at 'live' launch slowly but surely sink away, we come here hoping to maybe hear or find a glimmer of hope and a future for the game. We are here because we also do actually like the game, we just dont like what its is becoming

"I've been at end-game for awhile now, and I never get bored -- there is just too much to do for me to get bored."

I for one am lost as to why you are here, you obviously have so much to do in game and enjoy so much in the game, and the game is what it is all about. And again your posting on a thread were over 90% of the posters say the opposite of what you do.
    But yet in this game were you have so much to do and enjoy everything in the game, you obviously are finding even more fun or enjoyment from trolling the forums and make posts on threads were the majority disagree with you..

As for your WoW comment "less-challenging MMO's like WoW" lol, yes, were a heroic end game boss can take 100/ 200 pulls to kill, even by the top professional guilds in the world, lol, yes that comment realy makes sence
  • varkhus2013varkhus2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here, for probably about 3-4 weeks now. I have three characters: two 60's and a wizard at 53 (who has gained his last 12 or so levels strictly from invoking and Leadership tasks). I set them to 18-hour tasks whenever possible and I only check in once a day. The other thing I do each day is check on my one Foundry quest, which qualifies as a daily. I keep an eye on the average play time to make sure it's above 15 minutes.

I enjoyed the path to 60 just fine, and spent a few dollars in the Zen shop, but there's nothing I especially want to do anymore. I'll check in again when the new content is released.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do this when I am busy with other things or just don't feel like playing. It's fine with me. When I play it is mostly foundry stuff -- I've never been a fan of traditional progression endgame stuff in MMOs.

Same here. Even tho I find myself missing the old timer for invoking. Up until the change I had yet to miss a day and since the new timer change I have missed 2 so far.
    edited August 2013
    Since perfect world makes game to make money (as almost everyone in the world) it's their interest to listen to customers who complain. Reason is simple. You are happy with this, but they know there are a lot of game issues, and most are told by people in the forum. It was for class balance, and i hope it will be for this general game issues. The problem is that i don't think they could arrange this, at this point. And if they don't do that will remain only a small part of "always loving" fan.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Sometimes. As long they have you logging in once a day. Their job is complete. I'm only on, long enough to level my Guardian. I hardly use my other alt.
  • therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm doing the same thing, but I play multiple MMOs and don't want to burn myself out before Feywild comes out. Besides I have to admit that after hitting 60 and picking up a full group support set (Focal Mage) I was a bit disappointed with how Control Wizard played at the endgame. I'm planning on making a tank for my next playthrough, and honestly am hoping that we'll see a more offensive oriented DPS caster before too long, maybe Scourge Warlock. I don't mind CC characters and knew that was what the control wizard did, but in the end it's not my style of CC, I found playing an Enchanter early on in EQ and Controller/Dominators in City Of Heroes/Villains quite fun, they were flashy, and could lock down mobs while doing decent damage. In NWN I don't really lock anything down, set up pulls like in EQ, or anything else, it seems like I mostly try and keep AoEs and short stuns going while exploiting lifts (which don't last long) to heave monsters over ledges. It isn't even graphically all that impressive, I mean in the much older City of Heroes/Villains my CC characters could trap people in cages/rocks/etc... and you saw the entire thing, here I at best see some lame looking ray, and usually just a bunch of floaty numbers.

Neverwinter has some serious potential, but I don't think it's as good (or as fun) as Star Trek Online, especially from a fairly casual perspective. I also think it's overpriced (comparing again to STO, and this is coming from someone who hasn't been reluctant to spend money to support the games). The basic mechanics are okay, but some of the ideas inherent in it just don't work well, dedicated crowd controllers worked when you had a "holy quatranary" <SP> as opposed to "holy trinity" back around the time of EQ, with your CC characters being as important as the tank, healer, or DPS (and frankly you could argue for a dedicated puller being part of it as well), CC seemed to mostly die out due to PVP complaints due to people getting locked down constantly and unable to do anything, which is a valid concern, but at the same time has had horrible repercussions for PVE.

Well this is increasingly off topic, the point here being that I'm pretty much in the same place for the moment.
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited August 2013
    Again, my friend, we can't have a credible discussion of MMO's when you are so far off base with your silly comparison of GW2. I just dont want to take the time to have, what I could see, as a lenghty conversation with you concerning a subject that you obviously know very little about.

But I will say this. It seems to me, by reading your post, that you are a fan of GW2. I tried it. It's not a bad game. I call it the MMO, without a soul. There's just something 'not right' about it. I got bored after 3 weeks. However, that doesn't mean you can't like it of course. If I'm you I'm heading to GW2 for my MMO fix. I certaintly wouldn't be in a forum, of a game I don't enjoy. In fact though I dont care for GW2, I have never posted a negative word about it on their forums. Why would I?

So, it begs the question, what is your motivation?
    Is forum trolling what you enjoy?
    Does the fact that many others find NW to be fun, somehow annoy you?
    Is it hard for you to comprehend why someone else would like NW, when you don't?
    Do you feel that you are the only customer of Cryptic and therefore they should bend to your complaints?
    Do you find it odd that they don't?
    Does trolling the forums of a game you don't enjoy, give you a measure of satisfaction?

What ever could be your motivation?

The game you enjoy is over there >>> GW2

I'm just trying to figure out what part of NW you feel is old school, which you cant give an answer on. My only comparison with GW2 is that it's a fairly new MMO that brought back alot of feel from old game, like I said DaoC for instance. I could have said WaR too, but the game was/is illbalanced due to just having 2 factions, so RvR is nothing special, like it was in DaoC.

I never claimed GW2 to be a great game. It did things right that make it fit into an old school MMO mindset, with vast explorable zones, tight RvR and sadly the mandatory domination type BGs. Atleast teams are bigger in GW2 BGs, giving slackers and bots less of an impact on the match. Rewards are also cosmetic and account bound, so the point of bots is minimal, since you PvP to have fun.

I just said that GW2 is the first MMO in a while that had that old school mint feel to it when you first set foot in the world. But you keep dragging up WoW and comparing NW to it, those games are worlds apart, heck, even WoW is an old school game in my mind these days, since its still there, its active and old. I'm not playing it myself, I played it from classic up to cata, with a few breaks here and there in between. ToR got me to quit WoW for good, but ToR didnt last, so after ToR I played D3 for awhile (not an MMO) and then GW2 from release until NW came.

NW just doesnt have what I'm looking for in an MMO, not in its current state atleast. If it wasnt a F2P game my advice would be to do a Square Enix and hopefully salvage what they could and make a reboot. They have a good start with this game that SE didnt have with FFXIV, namely their engine and combat system, they work great. But besides that they struggle with the same thing FFXIV did, lack of content, extremely linear zones, heapload of bugs and exploits.

Also, you still havent answered my question. What in NW do you find old school, what games are you feeling when playing NW?

The only link between WoW and NW are people that try their hardest to exploit as much as they can to gain as much as they can as fast as they possibly can. Setting milestones for how instances "should" be done or what spec is the best due to exploited mechanics. It's the degenerates of the MMO community, they dwell in many games, but mostly F2P games and the big names like WoW.

And if I complain, it's only because I want the best for myself and the rest of the gamers. But people like you s4c63 are on every forum, complaining about the complainer while wearing blindfolds. Gods forbid that anyone should speak up about your precious game. Right now the game is in a bad state, the reason why so many just do their invoc and crafting, if even that.

Sadly, since there is no sub fees, the company wont notice how many active players there really are, they see registered accounts and some people have multiple accounts.

The people I started NW with have all quite, some before me and some after me.
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I sometimes use the player management login so I can manage my character without entering the game https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ When I login, I sometimes follow a pattern, use portable altar, check the celestial coins, check the professions to generate new profession tasks, go to guild bank to drop off and pick up items. Check auctions to add new auctions, pick up items from postal courier.
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Ha! love the hey you're closeminded because you dont agree with me argument.

It is delicious irony.

Face it. More people like this game than dislike it. You may be a majority on a forum where only a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the playerbase is a part of, but in the real world playing the game you are vastly outnumbered.

If you are going to use the whole there are more of us than there are of you against people you really need to work your math a little better lol.
    edited August 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    Ha! love the hey you're closeminded because you dont agree with me argument.

It is delicious irony.

Face it. More people like this game than dislike it. You may be a majority on a forum where only a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the playerbase is a part of, but in the real world playing the game you are vastly outnumbered.

If you are going to use the whole there are more of us than there are of you against people you really need to work your math a little better lol.

The majority of people that play this game like this game?
    HOW? :D
    Honestly, i was one of them until i get bored. Because it doesn't matter how much you like this game, many people (more than ever happened in other mmo) start do leave because the lack of end game and ruined economy. More people prefer WOW. This makes wow a better game? No, but is better managed. GW2? Same. Even GW 1 was. The key word here is competition. Or this game start to be really competitive to other mmo, or simply accept the fact that the majority will became a minority.
    And since i have 2 lvl 60 t2 full i hope it will change. But if the staff will not listen and arrange that, without any grudge, i simply will left. None here is raging (except people who are offended because someone say that don't like this game).
    I liked it, i finished it, get bored, gg. Simply as killing the batman. But ehy, if you like to play with few classes, few build, always same pvp and pve maps, you'r welcome, this is perfect world for you.
    It's bad, because gameplay is one of the best ever and i love forgotten realms. I'd really like to see it improved. I'll just wait for the summer, let's see what they do.
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wylonus wrote: »
    same here, only to log for prayings and crafter missions, and my main is only 46 lvl, it get too hard and more potion guzzling than it was needed.
    during 1-25 levels, those potions wasnt need that much, but after 40th level, i was shocked to see how much i had consumed.

It does go up, but it acts as pretty much the only gold sink in the game. I agree that the difficulty abruptly spikes in terms of using pots around the mid-40s, but I didn't mind that since pots are cheap and being strategic about when to pot became a part of the gameplay flow. I guess if you see using a pot as a kind of fail state, then it would be annoying, and I think a lot of players have that mindset from other games where pots are a last resort thing, not something you need to consume regularly in the ordinary course of gaming through.
    now some players who i had met, they said they rather played solo play the games such as Skyrim/Elder Scrolls, Fallouts, Witcher series, or Total wars series than getting involved with groups.

I play those series as well. I love single player games for what they offer, but I also like online games for what they offer. I know there are a lot of players who prefer online games to the exclusion of SP games, but I find I have more fun, over the course of a span of years, by playing the games in each.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am a bit burnt out after having played Neverwinter an excessive amount during the gift event. Also Mechwarrior Online just released a new map, so I have been playing that mostly this week...
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Everyone likes different things.

I don't like endgame oriented MMOs like WoW.

I liked GW2 leveling, but when I got to cap and had my stat capped gear, it became very boring quickly.

Why not here? Foundry. True, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rewards, but I have my T2 gear now, and I don't play Foundry for rewards of daily quests, but for fun and discovery of new content. And also making my own. To me, that has always been the essence of any Neverwinter game -- user generated content. So it is my focus.

I realize that most MMO fans don't like that -- that's fine. I don't like what most MMO fans like when it comes to "endgame", either. Different people like different things.
  • revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The reason to post on games you have tried and didn't like is to share the reason you didn't like with developers, since this is the quickest way to send them messages, we know they read these, though they rarely post. As long as the reason is constructive, not merely insults and rants. It actually helps improve the game if done well. That is the same reason most games ask you why you are leaving when you unsub from them.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I stopped caring about your opinion when you said: "The latest game to come close to "old school" MMOs is GW2"

That is such an ignorant statement it doesnt even qualify for a response.

Take care.

Great argument there. You're wrong dude. Get over it.

Original, mainstream mmo's offered more dungeons, raids, housing, SANDBOX, subscriptions, and on and on. This game is completely linear, like a single player game, no exploration to be done, no sub-they weren't money grubbing games, more classes, more races, etc. From what I hear, GW2 at least has more exploration, classes, races, upcoming player housing, pvp that doesn't suck, should I go on?

It seems you are the one with the ignorant statement, without even trying to back up what you say. I haven't read further posts, but I don't need to, to know you are blind with loyalty to a bad game.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    I suppose it is pretty telling that .0005% of the total player base is a pretty telling statistic. /sarcasm

I was not being derogatory at all i was actually genuinely curious.

I mean if i stood up in the middle of a Burger King line and starting asking everyone else "Does anybody else hate eating at Burger King?" I would look pretty silly.

I just find it very interesting that so many people that dislike something go out of their way to continue to not support it in relation to games and forums and what not.

If you were confident in your actions or truly felt the way that you say you do then you would not be here at all.

Anything else is just a blatant attempt at being destructive in my opinion.

That is what puzzles me.

If i dont like the new Chevy Camaro i would not spend time on Chevy Camaro forums talking about how much i dont like them, i would just move on to something i do like.

To each their own of course and its your own time. Far be it for me to judge your actions no matter how silly and illogical they are. I am just curious on why people go out of their way to be destructive. What generates such harsh feelings out of thin air in regards to games whereas other subjects do not generate the same feelings.

Since you used a bad analogy, I will also.

What if people that fled Germany before and during world war 2 didn't complain against Hitler and nazism? Less people would know about what was going on, how bad it was, and what could be done to fix the problem.

For the other analogy, If I bought a Camaro, and it turned out that I didn't like it, I wouldn't go on the forums flaming unless the car was junk. If I had reason to call Chevrolet out about their bad product, I would go on the Camaro forums and tell everyone. Then, the company might start making better cars.

Now, not all of the people that quit are looking at these forums to be informative. Some just dislike the game, and would like everyone to know. They also have a good reason. This company (PW) is ruining a great ip. D&D isn't this. If I wanted this, I would go play Diablo or Dynasty warriors.

And don't call others illogical for no reason. That's just you trying to use a "big word". Silly? Really? Because you don't agree, and are satisfied with a single player game with an mmo tag?
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Bad is completely subjective.

Comparing a game that has been out for a month to a well established game that has been out for a year is pretty silly in my opinion no matter which side of things you are coming from.

More people like this game than dislike it.

I have said it tons of times the typical MMO fans that jump from game to game, zoom to max level, grab their BIS gear then flame out will not like this game.

This game is exceptional in regards to foundry, a 3d forgotten realm game, casual MMO.

Is there places to improve. Hell yeah there are plenty of places they can get better. I am not going to compare a game in its extreme infancy to games that have had multiple, multiple content releases.

No matter what the hardcore zoom through mad mad at the world MMO player is going to not like this game. They typically dont appreciate the content, the story, the journey... just the end game.

Ill let you in on a secret as well, they call complain about every single games end game. At the end of the day since they cant learn to apprciate the journey they never see the forest for the trees and are doomed to wander from game to game hating on each one.

Take it for what it is. If it doesnt suite you... well tell them why or leave. If it does....super! However dont just be derogatory angry little kids about it.