test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If The New Changes Go Live

Comments

• jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just a note on the complaints about item duping, it makes absolutely no sense at all that anyone would be duping rank 4-5 enchants and not duping the rank 6-7 ones, or even more valuable items. You can loot the 4-5s from high-level nodes. Not so with the higher ones. Therefore, if you actually view the issue logically, it appears to be a botting exploit, not a duping exploit.

Not that I know either way, because I don't play anymore, but, if someone were duping high rank enchants, it would probably be a lot easier to spot, and fixed. That's the only reason I could think about. Keep it small, lose small.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    My GWF and CW generally do more DPS overall than a TR already, unless they're really making an effort ..due to my AoE DPS capabilities. However, I think you're being a little hysterical here, the testing on the preview shard indicates that the sky has not fallen, and TRs will represent the most optimal source of single target DPS.

The way you're conflating single target and AoE is as bad as the straw man PUGgers that you allude to, the roles occupy separate niches.

I didn't allude to anything. I didn't say pugs or guildies, either way. I say it's both. Most groups will rather take wizards and gwfs (moreso wizards), than rogues. Watch and see. And, like I said, when new striker classes come out, there will be no room for rogues, unless the group is just bad.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gutbot wrote: »
    I have to disagree. The people who don't pay are just as valuable as people who do.
    People who don't pay contribute by:
    1, Adding to player numbers so that paying players can have more people to play with.
    2, Advertising and luring friends into the game.

If google/facebook has taught us anything, It's we are all worth $$ just by existing.

And don't forget...

3.) Creating free content for them in the Foundry.

Without the free players there wouldn't be a Neverwinter.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't allude to anything. I didn't say pugs or guildies, either way. I say it's both. Most groups will rather take wizards and gwfs (moreso wizards), than rogues. Watch and see. And, like I said, when new striker classes come out, there will be no room for rogues, unless the group is just bad.

Yes will just wait and see.

also I'm guessing they are bring the rogues in line, and perhaps they do not want the new striker class to do the kind of damage rogues can do now.

Imagine a ranger doing 8k bleed dots. or unloading damage the rate a rogue does but at range? Would be rather silly stuff.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Drake Seal and PvP Gear changes will be fine if we get to see the salvager return. Both of those chages are overall good to prevent bots and generally to increase the demand on various gear in the auction house.

As for the rogue changes I am dancing for joy because those changes were desperately needed in PvP and I do mean desperately. Overall I don't think you'll notice huge issues in PvE based on what I read. The bulk of the changes will hurt perma-stealth builds but that build alone was pretty much a PvP only build and really wasn't that effective in PvE.
    I am not saying it won't effect PvE but I'm hesitant to think it will do any massive changes to mechanics.

Enchantments aren't being duped. That's a completely different matter which has to be addressed but it's not merely a bug fix.
    As for all of these other broken pieces of content, are you reporting them? I personally think this fixed many of the major issues which are truly bugs.

Its a big deal. A well made PVE rogue recovers AP fast, allowing the use of lurker's many times in a big boss fight. MANY times. Changing it from doing a ton of damage to doing effectively nothing leaves rogues with... only 1 daily that does anything at all. We still have bloodbath which makes us immune to damage for a very short time and does a tiny bit of damage. The rest are pretty bad... the nerfed into the ground lurker's, the useless whirlwind of blades, nerfed into the ground execution.... I suppose courage breaker is not too bad so far but its probably next on the list for ruining the class.

Balance is good, needed, and fine. But TR would LIKE to have daily skills that DO something, and we are now down to 2 that are mehish and alternatives that are horrible. This is, in a word, garbage. It is especially bad for TR that did not build for crit chance as a primary theme. We all have some crit chance but the difference in lurker's effective damage NOW is for a lower crit build vs a high crit build is going to be HUGE. As a lower crit chance rogue, it will be totally useless to me unless I go get all new gear.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't allude to anything. I didn't say pugs or guildies, either way. I say it's both. Most groups will rather take wizards and gwfs (moreso wizards), than rogues.

CW are wanted more than any other class for Dungeons apart from DC anyway.

As for groups wanting GWF over TR - I will believe that when I see it. Even after these nerfs TRs will still be the best choice for taking down Dungeon bosses quickly, and as such the standard Dungeon Group is likely to be DC, CW, TR + 2 others.
  • dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Damage breaks stealth, can't stealth while in combat. Then give everyone abou 50% more HP so we aren't all so fragile. Easy fixes that make sense and fix the problem for good. Instead of the nickel and diming TR are feeling now.
  • vetcorevetcore Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To the TRs that will leave the game:Can i have your stuff?:P
    Seriously TRs are the gamebraking class pvp and pve PERIOD last night i went to cn with the hope of completing the dungeon NORMALLY but our rogue went in and SOLOED XIVROS i will not descrive how cause by now the majority of rogues know wtf im talking about so QQ and dont let the door hit u as u leave.
    PVP.....perma stealth perma dodge and one shots?
    I am happy with this nerf:D
    QQ
  • audioggaudiogg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A good perma-stealth was completely uncountable.
    Heck just yesterday I faced against a Permastealth who danced around throwing daggers at me while ins stealth and popped impossible to catch when he wasn't in stealth.

Last I checked "stealth" wasn't true stealth at all and you can see rogues from a mile away - just saying.

GWF
  • yaminabyaminab Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rogues go QQ, delete characters or reroll other class if you dont like it, QQ moar
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you played a TR because they were OVER POWERED (and have been since open beta), used a perma-stealth game mechanic that was obviously broken, 1-shot players from stealth, etc then reroll a different character such as the latest OP flavor of the month GWF. All the obviously broken, overpowered, etc classes will over time be nerfed as it is the nature of MMORPGs.

Either you can CHOOSE to chase the latest OP class bandwagon flavor of the month which will over time be nerfed or you can stick with the class you enjoy playing because of its group role, game mechanics, etc. If you enjoy playing the rogue class: group role, game mehcanics, etc then continue to play and create new TR characters.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    My solution: Level all classes to 60...play the 1 that is most OP for the current time being.
  • chrisg40kchrisg40k Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ability to one shot and sit at a point not seen while throwing daggers at your opponent is not just OP but ridiculous. I dont play a TR, but that needs to be nerfed and it doesnt take a genius to see that. For those complaining about the PVE aspect, you are part of a team for a reason, you will still do more dmg than a CW or GWF, so I would suggest sucking it up and doing the dungeon the old fashion way.
  • chrisg40kchrisg40k Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    izidius wrote: »
    My solution: Level all classes to 60...play the 1 that is most OP for the current time being.

good idea actually
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yes and sometimes, having less dps in a group is also a good way to make stuff dying quicker.

I'm thinking of making this my sig.
    Infact i should facebook it. Give the whole world a good laugh.

Right up there with "all your base are belong to us"
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I laugh at what you have written as I sit currently I have almost all classes at 60 with the exception of my cleric who is 50.

I also have a couple of free accts I am leveling a guardian and a GWF just for my friends to play so we can do the 5 man epic instances and stuff and have fun discovering the game with just friends.

I hope the turn off the easy leveling AFTER i get my two buddys level 60 guys to play with me.

To the man that talks about the old days of Dungeons and Dragons, I remember when there was NO DICE. You simply made squares of paper that you put in cups marked D4, D8, D12 etc.

That is way back in time :)
  • uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since my main and my only pvp toon is Cleric, I'm kind of happy with the perma stealth and dps nerf on rogues. Rogue is a no-brain class who could score with no skill. They also tend to be immune to all CC, they are even very often immune to Cleric's daily hammer of fate. And I have a 60 TR myself, this class is so broken and no-brain in PVP that I don't play it at all and stick to my DC. Rogues usually are the ones who tell you to learn to play if you complain after getting killed in 1 HIT. In this game, I have not seen any class being able to ONE SHOT someone, except rogues with LA+Vorpal+LB. Of course full tene GWF hit like a truck too, but they don't kill with one single hit. Even CW Ice Knife can't do that, except on very poor geared people.

That being said, I'm glad with the TR nerf. But when will be the GF/GWF's turn ? Theses 2 classes with a good build and good enchants are FAR ABOVE the rogue. Amazing damage, great controls, immune to CC, and AMAZING DEFENSE, unlike the rogue. A GF can 2 shot people while they can't even counter-attack since they are kissing the ground. They are also very defensive because of that broken BLOCK. GWF are breaking pvp too. They can tank 1vs5 and still win. They can eat a crazy amount of damage, regen, control, and deal great damage. They are immune to CC as soon as they enter Unstoppable mode and then they become out of control. These 2 classes should have been adressed too in this patch, so the rogues don't feel as terrible as they feel now. They needed nerf, but those 2 classes too.

But now that rogue is nerfed due to PVP, they seriously need to work on their dungeon mechanics. Unlimited adds is really a poor mechanic. How the hell would you be able to handle so many adds without kiting/glitching em ? Have any dev tried to kill the golems in FH after they spawned ? Would take 3 hours. The difficulty in dungeons must be toned down, because classes are getting nerfed, or obviously will get nerfed sooner or later (hello conq GFs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    Since my main and my only pvp toon is Cleric, I'm kind of happy with the perma stealth and dps nerf on rogues. Rogue is a no-brain class who could score with no skill. They also tend to be immune to all CC, they are even very often immune to Cleric's daily hammer of fate. And I have a 60 TR myself, this class is so broken and no-brain in PVP that I don't play it at all and stick to my DC. Rogues usually are the ones who tell you to learn to play if you complain after getting killed in 1 HIT. In this game, I have not seen any class being able to ONE SHOT someone, except rogues with LA+Vorpal+LB. Of course full tene GWF hit like a truck too, but they don't kill with one single hit. Even CW Ice Knife can't do that, except on very poor geared people.

That being said, I'm glad with the TR nerf. But when will be the GF/GWF's turn ? Theses 2 classes with a good build and good enchants are FAR ABOVE the rogue. Amazing damage, great controls, immune to CC, and AMAZING DEFENSE, unlike the rogue. A GF can 2 shot people while they can't even counter-attack since they are kissing the ground. They are also very defensive because of that broken BLOCK. GWF are breaking pvp too. They can tank 1vs5 and still win. They can eat a crazy amount of damage, regen, control, and deal great damage. They are immune to CC as soon as they enter Unstoppable mode and then they become out of control. These 2 classes should have been adressed too in this patch, so the rogues don't feel as terrible as they feel now. They needed nerf, but those 2 classes too.

But now that rogue is nerfed due to PVP, they seriously need to work on their dungeon mechanics. Unlimited adds is really a poor mechanic. How the hell would you be able to handle so many adds without kiting/glitching em ? Have any dev tried to kill the golems in FH after they spawned ? Would take 3 hours. The difficulty in dungeons must be toned down, because classes are getting nerfed, or obviously will get nerfed sooner or later (hello conq GFs).

Shhhh gwf's are perfect the way they are, if anything we need a range attack that can stop runners(rogues) or more stamina so we can run farther then 2 feet:p
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I actually look forward to the patch/updates. I have a 60 TR, but in all honesty. - Lurkers assault outclasses every single skill currently, every TR uses it. (Most anyway.) I'll see where this leads, though I am not a heavy stealth reliant rogue - They should give people a free respec with these changes imo.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Shhhh gwf's are perfect the way they are, if anything we need a range attack that can stop runners(rogues) or more stamina so we can run farther then 2 feet:p

Are you trolling ?

If not then I feel deeply sorry for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • huckafivehuckafive Banned Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Lurkers assault outclasses every single skill currently, every TR uses it. (Most anyway.)

well, that is cause the alternatives just plain suck
    bloodbath lets you move inpredictable and does little damage, youd do more damage if youd continue attack during the time
    courage breaker is useless cause there is no boss where it us useful
    shocking execution is useless in pve, even more so after the first nerf
    whirlwind of blades is an aoe which isnt useful either cause it just draws unneeded aggro from adds
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    I actually look forward to the patch/updates. I have a 60 TR, but in all honesty. - Lurkers assault outclasses every single skill currently, every TR uses it. (Most anyway.) I'll see where this leads, though I am not a heavy stealth reliant rogue - They should give people a free respec with these changes imo.

Hit that nail on the head. I agree about respect with any adjustments made.
    edited July 2013
    TR can dodge everytime -> next nerf.

well, and you wonder why there is so much hate?
    you spill misinformation and treat it as fact

want some facts?
    GWFs are unkillable
    GFs (the tanks, you know) can oneshot people
    CWs can hold you in the air forever
    DCs can outheal everything

now the funny thing: not everything of the above is a fact but since its written it has to be, right?

rogues can dodge excalty twice befor they need to wait a long time with their low stamina regneration befor they can dodge a third time
    GWFs can run faster then a rogue with his 30% movementspeed passive and that is without using sprint

THOSE are facts
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    I agree about the stamina, even the -15% drain feat doesn't help much. TR can dodge everytime -> next nerf.

The problem on these forums is, that the TR who come and cry on here are all really bad at this game and wanna try to keep their easy mode.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

If you fail as a rogue, you will have a hard time playing any other class, so rerolling is not a realistic option.

Peace.

Actually, TR has the same dodge as DC and 1 less dodge than the CW. CW also has the option for a shield buff, TRs have the option for CC immunity/reflect for 3 sec or 3 sec of pure immunity (if stealthed on use). CW also has utility in his shield, in the form of a KB that deals massive damage to everthing around them.

To get more out of their dodge, the TR must spec in the top tree for the talent that reduces dodge cost by x% or y% while stealthed. Gimping their dps much more.

There are more classes that are deadlier and harder to fight than the rogue, so why nerf rogues?

1. GWF, GF
    2. TR, CW
    3. DC

Solution, buff DC, TR and CW to be on level with GWF and GF in PvP, nerfing never makes people happy. If PvE gets too easy, buff the mobs! Oh noes, it's almost rocket surgery to think of that!
    edited July 2013
    Actually, TR has the same dodge as DC and 1 less dodge than the CW. CW also has the option for a shield buff, TRs have the option for CC immunity/reflect for 3 sec or 3 sec of pure immunity (if stealthed on use). CW also has utility in his shield, in the form of a KB that deals massive damage to everthing around them.

To get more out of their dodge, the TR must spec in the top tree for the talent that reduces dodge cost by x% or y% while stealthed. Gimping their dps much more.

There are more classes that are deadlier and harder to fight than the rogue, so why nerf rogues?

1. GWF, GF
    2. TR, CW
    3. DC

Solution, buff DC, TR and CW to be on level with GWF and GF in PvP, nerfing never makes people happy. If PvE gets too easy, buff the mobs! Oh noes, it's almost rocket surgery to think of that!

Imo, rogues aren't really deadly, it's their 100 stuns which leave u defenseless. Without stun/daze the only kills they would be able to get is from ks'n other players. Other people may have different situations but the only time I die from rogues is when I'm stunned or lashed from behind while fighting somebody else.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

edited July 2013
    Get your "facts" straight, your argument is nonsense.

at least you agree that your last post was nonsense too :)

thats a step in the right direction
    edited July 2013
    Imo, rogues aren't really deadly, it's their 100 stuns which leave u defenseless. Without stun/daze the only kills they would be able to get is from ks'n other players. Other people may have different situations but the only time I die from rogues is when I'm stunned or lashed from behind while fighting somebody else.

Say what now? Stuns? What? This is NW not WoW incase you missed something. They have 1 stun, that must be used from stealth and it barely has any duration. They have 3 daze, 1 which must be used from stealth, 1 AoE which is easy to avoid (dodge) and 1 other that is easy to avoid unless hes stealthed. They also occupy encounter spots that are better used on other things.

Only the first two are really worth it, but the first is mostly used as stealth is about to fall off, to refill it. If you wanna talk stuns you are talking about the wrong class. Stuns and prones come from GWF, GF and CW.

@Embracemysword: I dont think you have much of a clue. TRs have 2 dodges before having to wait on CD, if they pull of more than that they are specced in the top tree, atleast 15 point in if I remember right to get any form of refund/reduction on dodge. By doing so they are gimping their damage alot.

You answer to mine also brings no light, are you arguing that GWF and GF arent the two strongest PvP classes? Maybe you play one of those and get your hiney handed to you on a regular basis? I dont, I find both classes very strong when I play them, and I find them the easiest most careless classes to play. They are also the most annoying thing to face as a TR or CW.

I've stopped playing my DC in BGs, not due to rogues, but due to CWs and GFs. They either pull their Vader trick or give me an air tour of the BG while killing me. When I wanna stand in my circle, they just say no no no and place me outside it. Atleast vs a TR or GWF I can stand in my circle, vs a stealth TR it's even easier, because his ranged attack wont kill me while in circle, if he gets close I'll just divinity FMF him.
    edited July 2013
    Say what now? Stuns? What? This is NW not WoW incase you missed something. They have 1 stun, that must be used from stealth and it barely has any duration. They have 3 daze, 1 which must be used from stealth, 1 AoE which is easy to avoid (dodge) and 1 other that is easy to avoid unless hes stealthed. They also occupy encounter spots that are better used on other things.

Only the first two are really worth it, but the first is mostly used as stealth is about to fall off, to refill it. If you wanna talk stuns you are talking about the wrong class. Stuns and prones come from GWF, GF and CW.

@Embracemysword: I dont think you have much of a clue. TRs have 2 dodges before having to wait on CD, if they pull of more than that they are specced in the top tree, atleast 15 point in if I remember right to get any form of refund/reduction on dodge. By doing so they are gimping their damage alot.

You answer to mine also brings no light, are you arguing that GWF and GF arent the two strongest PvP classes? Maybe you play one of those and get your hiney handed to you on a regular basis? I dont, I find both classes very strong when I play them, and I find them the easiest most careless classes to play. They are also the most annoying thing to face as a TR or CW.

I've stopped playing my DC in BGs, not due to rogues, but due to CWs and GFs. They either pull their Vader trick or give me an air tour of the BG while killing me. When I wanna stand in my circle, they just say no no no and place me outside it. Atleast vs a TR or GWF I can stand in my circle, vs a stealth TR it's even easier, because his ranged attack wont kill me while in circle, if he gets close I'll just divinity FMF him.

omg don't even mention gf or gwf stuns, those are by far worse. When I'm on my cw, most gwf's can takedown from a distance (even during dodge) and gf's with their warp across the map charge then chain prone 2 hit attack that have you juggling until you dead. But atleast you can see them and have a chance to counter lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

edited July 2013
    Counter them how? Once you are stunned/prone you are stuck there, getting pummeled by a blunt item or chopped into pieces by a blade. When the rogue dazes you, you can still move. And you can see rogues too when they come, it's not hard.

And if you cant see the rogue, he isnt using his CCs, so then whats the problem? Hard to toss down a AS and heal back while he wastes his stealth/throwing knives?

The thing is, even if you can see the GWF or GF, damaging them when they close in on you will either only upset the or have them raise their shield. Then suddenly they are in your face, beating you to pulp and you cant fend them off. They just have enough life/defensive CDs to not care while you try and hurt them.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    I'm thinking of making this my sig.
    Infact i should facebook it. Give the whole world a good laugh.

Right up there with "all your base are belong to us"

Don't forget to add "ive no brain and think it's funny". Rogues have a lot of tanking: stealth and dodge. GWFs or CWs can indeed do a lot more damage, but taking an assassin can be a better option, just because this stealth tanking can be required to hit stuff more often. If you don't understand that, then, i suggest you get a brain.