test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If The New Changes Go Live

krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I've been reading over the patch notes for the next update which is currently being tested on the test server.

Although some players might be excited about some of the changes, I actually think if these changes go live it will be another step towards the game dying.

First off, drake seal items no longer tradable? Really? The ONLY thing that made drake seal items have any value was that they could be traded. By the time you get enough seals to buy any of the items, you won't need the drake seal items because the chances of getting better equipment is much higher than the amount of seals that drop. The ONLY thing that gave them value was that you could collect them and buy items for either alts or to help up and coming guildmates with gear. This change alone will make drake seal items only worth gold but 1.5 gold?

The changes to the rogue will make the class MUCH less effective in PVE. So much so that the class brings nothing to offer for dps if lurkers assault is nerfed from dmg to crit severity. Who ****ing cares about crit severity? A 4 year old girl could come up with a better idea to fix rogues than these devs.

Nothing to address enchantments? Nothing to fix the broken savage enchantments? Nothing to fix duping of enchantments? There is a huge list of annoying bugs that have been around since closed beta that are not even being addressed? But they want to add more cash shop items and fix stuff that isn't broken?
Post edited by krumple01 on

Comments

• nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like war , Cryptic never changes.

4 games in same mistakes being made.
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I agree that rogues do not need another change, it would seriously make yours, and every other person who doesn't get its post a lot more readable if you all could get it through your thick skull that the people who work on the cash shop (which any free to play game needs) and those that produce new content, and the those that fix bugs are all completely different divisions of the company. They do not work together on any level. Because a few new cash shop items are released does not mean people quit working on fixing bugs. Also, if the cash shop was not being added to or did not exist, you would not be complaining about this game... because you would not be playing it, as it would not be here.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trevien29 wrote: »
    While I agree that rogues do not need another change, it would seriously make yours, and every other person who doesn't get its post a lot more readable if you all could get it through your thick skull that the people who work on the cash shop (which any free to play game needs) and those that produce new content, and the those that fix bugs are all completely different divisions of the company. They do not work together on any level. Because a few new cash shop items are released does not mean people quit working on fixing bugs. Also, if the cash shop was not being added to or did not exist, you would not be complaining about this game... because you would not be playing it, as it would not be here.

What on Earth are you ranting about? The OP mentions the cash shop in a tiny bit at the end. That was just a finishing jibe and not his or hers point.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some of the changes are actually just fine. For example making glory-bought items BoP will have a significant effect on PvP bots - I'm not saying they will disappear, but they should be less feasible than before. The new area sounds interesting, as do the new professions.

However, I agree with the OP that the changes to TRs might be too severe. Now, I don't do PvP, so I couldn't care less about whether they are overpowered in PvP matches. I play DC and GF in PvE - and one of my job in dungeons is to make sure the TRs stay alive to do their job - typically to take down the bosses. With this change, boss fights will be longer and more tedious than before - not necessarily more challenging...just longer, and quite frankly...more boring for everyone involved.

In my opinion, that is not the right way to keep the players motivated.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TR changes too severe
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    The Drake Seal and PvP Gear changes will be fine if we get to see the salvager return. Both of those chages are overall good to prevent bots and generally to increase the demand on various gear in the auction house.

As for the rogue changes I am dancing for joy because those changes were desperately needed in PvP and I do mean desperately. Overall I don't think you'll notice huge issues in PvE based on what I read. The bulk of the changes will hurt perma-stealth builds but that build alone was pretty much a PvP only build and really wasn't that effective in PvE.
    I am not saying it won't effect PvE but I'm hesitant to think it will do any massive changes to mechanics.

Enchantments aren't being duped. That's a completely different matter which has to be addressed but it's not merely a bug fix.
    As for all of these other broken pieces of content, are you reporting them? I personally think this fixed many of the major issues which are truly bugs.
  • tope1159tope1159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    The Drake Seal and PvP Gear changes will be fine if we get to see the salvager return. Both of those chages are overall good to prevent bots and generally to increase the demand on various gear in the auction house.

As for the rogue changes I am dancing for joy because those changes were desperately needed in PvP and I do mean desperately. Overall I don't think you'll notice huge issues in PvE based on what I read. The bulk of the changes will hurt perma-stealth builds but that build alone was pretty much a PvP only build and really wasn't that effective in PvE.
    I am not saying it won't effect PvE but I'm hesitant to think it will do any massive changes to mechanics.

Enchantments aren't being duped. That's a completely different matter which has to be addressed but it's not merely a bug fix.
    As for all of these other broken pieces of content, are you reporting them? I personally think this fixed many of the major issues which are truly bugs.

The nerf on Lurker's hurts PVE rogues too. :(
    I don't even know how an increase in Crit Severity will compensate for 60% damage. ._.'
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Well what a surprise you agreeing with them:rolleyes:.. how about they stop messing with the mechanics of the classes to appease the 10% of players who play PvP and actually listen to PvE majority, don't bork my class just because someone is getting his *** handed to him on a regular basis in PvP..

I play TR,GWF & DC and get a spanking from any class if im just not paying attention, that doesn't mean the other class is OP it just means im rubbish..

I stopped playing PvP not because im decidedly average at it but because it is the most boring PvP ever, why nerf classes when all you lot do is ride around in circles for 30mins anyways

This patch is just another almighty nail in this games coffin..
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

1) TR nerf makes them worst class in pvp. u can no longer start DF in stealth then jump on ur target and finish with lash etc etc etc.
    top gear gf\gwf vs same TR 80% of the time gf\gwf wins now, after the patch there will be no point even starting a fight against one since it's 100% fail.

2) full pve TRs have LA up every ~18 seconds, with this nerf TR got 60% dmg nerf 70% of the pve time. Now renegade vorpal crit CW will do more ST dmg then TR.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Labeling players as bad because they can't counter perma-stealth is simply being blissful and frankly overly defensive of a god awful build. A good perma-stealth was completely uncountable.
    Heck just yesterday I faced against a Permastealth who danced around throwing daggers at me while ins stealth and popped impossible to catch when he wasn't in stealth. I was on my level 50 Guardian Fighter so I didn't die to the rogue but I literally spent three minutes being unable to get more than a few points of damage on the rogue until an ally of his showed up.

I was the first to say I don't care about PvP but I actually enjoy this PvP quite a bit and as a Devoted Cleric the rogue nerf was needed a month ago. The build really only works well in PvP so as I said it will effect PvE but the only utter loss in viability from what I am seeing is in PvP.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am sick and tired of my classes (and PvE experience) being constantly chipped away due to the massive moans of a minority of players who feel that they should always win every fight in PvP.

The devs here have shown a complete lack of an ability to balance their classes properly and have fallen upon the easiest option which is to make something worse for appeasement. People are getting killed a lot by rogues but I highly doubit it is ALWAYS because the rogue is OP, otherwise we'd be seeing stats at the end of fights with rogues getting all of the kills, and not dying once. That is NOT happening - every other class in the game has beaten a rogue at some point.

All I can hope for now is that this nerf brings another class to the top of the PvP whiners list and the developers can bend over for them too and nerf whatever class that ends up being.

All the while, the players who have no interest in PVP will constantly see their PvE experience chipped away. At a time when this game needs MORE players, a change gets implemented that will not only upset rogues right now, but will set a precedence to upset other classes for months to come.

I had a DC and a TR - I no longer play any!
    Heck just yesterday I faced against a Permastealth who danced around throwing daggers at me while ins stealth and popped impossible to catch when he wasn't in stealth. I was on my level 50 Guardian Fighter so I didn't die to the rogue but I literally spent three minutes being unable to get more than a few points of damage on the rogue until an ally of his showed up.

So a rogue couldn't kill you with his 'OP' build, and you couldn't kill him. You spent three minutes trying to kill him, and he spent three minutes trying to kill you - doesn't that sound balanced?

Had the rogue killed you - you would have screamed OP, and had you killed the rogue, you wouldn't have complained.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The lurker's nerf has nothing to do with fixing perma-stealth PVP, it's a huge PVE nerf for no reason whatsoever. If you want to nerf perma-stealth then nerf the ability to remain in stealth 100% of the time. Every patch the dev's of this game demonstrate how completely incompetent they are. Last month you nerfed Rogue damage to 75% (in PVE, the bleed nerf). This patch cut's rogue PVE damage in half. GWFs will do more single target damage than us. CW's will easily out damage us ST now.

If this patch goes through just delete the TR class from the database.
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Labeling players as bad because they can't counter perma-stealth is simply being blissful and frankly overly defensive of a god awful build. A good perma-stealth was completely uncountable.

I was the first to say I don't care about PvP but I actually enjoy this PvP quite a bit and as a Devoted Cleric the rogue nerf was needed a month ago. The build really only works well in PvP so as I said it will effect PvE but the only utter loss in viability from what I am seeing is in PvP.

How does nerfing Lurker's have anything to do with this?
  • seraphim90seraphim90 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013

Why are you even comunity Moderator when obviously you are oblivious about game?

1st thing, countering stealth was easy, you just needed to aproximate where is stealthed TR attacking from by anticipating his movements before he entered stealth, then just get close to him and bash him easy.‚

I'm a rogue that was always against perma stealth build, not because i can pown noobs with it but because it nerfs your damage too much and it stupidly takes no skill to play. Honestly, perma stealth rogue is fail in any sense.

2nd thing, this nerfs render rogues useless in both PvE and PvP, their only one daily that was useful being completely modified to something that has no relation to what it did before, come to think of it, if i had encounter that increased my Crit Severity by 15%, i wouldn't even put points in it.

Also Duelist's Flurry is more PvE than PvP skill, being the main dps skill that applied those already nerfed bleeds, now rendered completely useless.

If this patch goes live, TR is dead for good.
    edited July 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    So a rogue couldn't kill you with his 'OP' build, and you couldn't kill him. You spent three minutes trying to kill him, and he spent three minutes trying to kill you - doesn't that sound balanced?

Had the rogue killed you - you would have screamed OP, and had you killed the rogue, you wouldn't have complained.

I was on a lower level Guardian Fighter. On my level 60 Devoted Cleric I would have died against the same build within moments with absolutely no way to counter it. The best option for survival as a cleric against that build has been run which alone is a problem since if a class can kill any other class within seconds with absolutely no way to counter it there is something wrong.
    shunterino wrote: »
    How does nerfing Lurker's have anything to do with this?

"Lurk through the Shadowfell, dealing 20/40/60% extra damage and rapidly regenerating Stealth for a few seconds."
    I am not sure what's not clear? It's all right there. It's just another piece of PvP Permastealth bread and butter which when played correctly rendered both clerics and wizards dead in the water.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GWFs will do more single target damage than us. CW's will easily out damage us ST now.

Calculation needed PLZ. Else this is pure hyperbole...
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Isn't this the entire purpose of the test server, if you don't like the changes then login to the test server and show Cryptic why these changes are bad.

The reason why a lot of things in STO go from Tribble to Live without changes is because hardly anyone logs onto Tribble to test the changes instead preferring to sit on the forums and moan about them without even trying the changes out.

Hell, you might even find that the changes are in fact better than before, but Cryptic would respond a lot better to actual ingame metrics than people shouting opinions on the forums.
  • seraphim90seraphim90 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    I was on a lower level Guardian Fighter. On my level 60 Devoted Cleric I would have died against the same build within moments with absolutely no way to counter it. The best option for survival as a cleric against that build has been run which alone is a problem since if a class can kill any other class within seconds with absolutely no way to counter it there is something wrong.

TR's have only 12 charges in Cloud of Steel, i'm interested, if you fought one for 3 minutes, what was he hitting you with after he spent those 12 daggers, since it takes forever to recharge, if he got close to you to hit you with melee at-will, you could be able to see him, so what are we talking about again?
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Let ne tell u something my friend. TR is supposed to kill cw\DC abd that he does good. GF\GWF 1 v 1 is almost impossible in good player vs good player situation. Yes I can stand on enemy base with my TR abd take 2 PVE gwf's at the same time(avatar\CN sword etc) but when GOOD payer comes along in scrapper\titan and ice axe it's better for me just to leave the node cause it will take 5 mins to kill eachother.

Problem was and will be BAD PLAYERS, those braindead 90% of games population who are useless. TR was not OP, good GF with stalwart could puller TR's *** into the air for good 20-30k dmg with single bull charge(and those who cant are bad cause those Gf's panic and use encounters while tr is in inossible to catch etc, i've seen it too many times some stupid gf panicking and unloading all encounters when TR is in ItC), same with gwf except that one using tenebrous and now TR will be garbage cause good TR vs good GF\GWF is doomed to fail every time.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad for any change that gets rid of permastealth rogues. However I'm not for nerfing damage that hurts them, and by extension their group, in PvE. Cryptic really needs to stop making 3-4 changes to a class at once to try "fixing" them. How about just focus on one aspect at a time and see how that works out and then make additional changes if needed. And as someone mentioned elsewhere they need to work on the Tenebrous enchantments first before trying to balance classes.
  • hulksmashtrololhulksmashtrolol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This doesn't get rid of Permastealth rogues. it just makes them do less damage. they did terrible damage anyway. The only thing it was good for was capping bases in PVP and avoiding fights. It still does that.

It does completely invalidate the class in PVE nerfing it's damage by 50%. Anyone who supports these changes is an idiot.
  • klayl771klayl771 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you think going around and 1 shotting ppl from stealth is ok your the idiot.
  • webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    These changes do nothing to against perma stealth.

Permastealth will still use greater tenebrous and are largely unaffected.

This HURTS pve tricksters alot!
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    First off, drake seal items no longer tradable? Really? The ONLY thing that made drake seal items have any value was that they could be traded. By the time you get enough seals to buy any of the items, you won't need the drake seal items because the chances of getting better equipment is much higher than the amount of seals that drop. The ONLY thing that gave them value was that you could collect them and buy items for either alts or to help up and coming guildmates with gear. This change alone will make drake seal items only worth gold but 1.5 gold?
    Can you say with complete confidence that the salvager which has appeared recently wont allow another option than selling for 1.5 gold (sic)?

I imagine they've not fixed the enchantment dupe because they can't figure it out. Did they even bother looking at my bug report? Who knows, I don't have permission to look at the ticket.

(edit due to reading the thread from the end and misinterpreting some comments)
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Enchantments aren't being duped.
    Oh please. Rank 4 and 5 enchants are being duped. This takes <self censored> and has been going on since round about the time when stacks of 99 enchants started appearing on the AH again after the previous dupe was fixed.
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This doesn't get rid of Permastealth rogues. it just makes them do less damage. they did terrible damage anyway. The only thing it was good for was capping bases in PVP and avoiding fights. It still does that.

It does completely invalidate the class in PVE nerfing it's damage by 50%. Anyone who supports these changes is an idiot.

Wrong.

Perma stealth rogue's do not bad damage. (PVP) With Lurker's assault active I was doing 12k+ with Impact Shot and around 7k plus if it did not crit. That is a two shot kill on anything other than GF and GWF, 3 for GWF and might need to cloudsteal them too. Plus my cloudsteal would drain health like nothing else.

My build is a PVP/PVE build with quick AP gain and Lurker's assault as my main daily to maintain stealth. The sacrifice was crit for 30% combat advantage.

This change if live killed my build if I can not salvage it through saboteur or some other combo. If that's the case only two options left really, tene-GF or GWF, most likely GWF because I'm having fun at low level's rolling my face on the keyboard unstoppable build.
  • korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Overall I don't think you'll notice huge issues in PvE based on what I read. The bulk of the changes will hurt perma-stealth builds but that build alone was pretty much a PvP only build and really wasn't that effective in PvE.

This is seriously coming from a mod?
    Nerfing LA after nerfing the LB is no PVE changer? Also the stealth decrease from at wills?
    SRSLY?
    Good bye and thank you for the fish...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    Oh please. Rank 4 and 5 enchants are being duped. This takes <self censored> and has been going on since round about the time when stacks of 99 enchants started appearing on the AH again after the previous dupe was fixed.

Are you sure it is a "dup" exploit? I was under the impression that the 99-stacks were basically gathered by an army of TRs (ab)using a few instanced "mini-dungeons", with a number of resource nodes near the entrances (which they can easily get to), and just running those over and over - perhaps even automated.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited July 2013
    Enchants are being sold en mass for the same reason profession resources are being sold en mass.

They aren't being duped.
    It's definitely an issue but enchants are not being duped. ;)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Enchants are being sold en mass for the same reason profession resources are being sold en mass.

They aren't being duped.
    It's definitely an issue but enchants are not being duped. ;)

That seems a 100% definite statement, and I am curious how you can be so certain.

Can I take it that you are prepared to stake your credibility on this?

Now, I would have said Cryptic's credibility except:

a) As you are not a Dev it isn't fair to ask that of you.
    b) After the ridiculous run of exploits and game-breaking bugs Cryptic have pretty much no credibility left.