test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If The New Changes Go Live

Comments

• lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Drake Seal and PvP Gear changes will be fine if we get to see the salvager return. Both of those chages are overall good to prevent bots and generally to increase the demand on various gear in the auction house.

As for the rogue changes I am dancing for joy because those changes were desperately needed in PvP and I do mean desperately. Overall I don't think you'll notice huge issues in PvE based on what I read. The bulk of the changes will hurt perma-stealth builds but that build alone was pretty much a PvP only build and really wasn't that effective in PvE.
    I am not saying it won't effect PvE but I'm hesitant to think it will do any massive changes to mechanics.

Enchantments aren't being duped. That's a completely different matter which has to be addressed but it's not merely a bug fix.
    As for all of these other broken pieces of content, are you reporting them? I personally think this fixed many of the major issues which are truly bugs.

You need your moderator title stripped immediately, as you have no grasp on PvE rogue mechanics.

I have posted in other threads the mathematical breakdown of the loss in DPS and it is staggering.
    edited July 2013
    I avoided this for a bit. Possibly the TRs I ran with are posting here. Let me start by saying, these guys were extremely friendly, obviously super skilled/knowledgable and it was blast (albeit quite short :) ) to run a dungeon with them. I had pug queued and ended up with them. This is PK but the speed at which they down the boss is well, idk if it was intended. Since the patch is coming, and I don't think the devs are gonna turn their back on it. Here we go. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJoaIfzS1Fc - PK 2nd boss - 10 secs maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZhLjiU2mp0 - PK Last boss - 15 secs maybe

Again these guys are probably the way up there in knowledge/skill of the class. But this is what I think the devs were looking at for PVE. PVP and PVE balancing for classes, is always a funny/frustrating thing to see in MMOs for community and devs.

Edit: Also Im sure the GF and Cleric were super skilled too. Im not terribad. But the speed was an eye opener. This was run about 4-5 days ago.

2 rogues wearing perfect enchants and a GWF wearing perfect soulforged and plaguefire ( Defense loss ).

Any boss will die fast. Tell us something we dont know. That group was stacked for pure DPS and not control... know how often you get a group like this ?

1 out of 50,000 times, maybe less.
    edited July 2013
    ta1ch0u1 wrote: »
    playing my rogue on live is a kin to watching a loved one slowly die of cancer, sure they look all right now however you know they will die soon.

its getting harder and harder to log back in; I feel sort of like an abused spouse who keeps going back for more punishment.

My sentiments exactly.
  • percefuspercefus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As for the rogue changes I am dancing for joy because those changes were desperately needed in PvP and I do mean desperately. Overall I don't think you'll notice huge issues in PvE based on what I read. The bulk of the changes will hurt perma-stealth builds but that build alone was pretty much a PvP only build and really wasn't that effective in PvE.
    I am not saying it won't effect PvE but I'm hesitant to think it will do any massive changes to mechanics.

May I ask if that's a personal opinion or a moderators opinion ?

Have you ever played the rogue class in this game ?

Also what facts do you base your opinion on exactly ?
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45696675&dateline=1374083559
    A Proud Member Of THE 300 Guild - Tene's are nothing but P2W, Nerf or Remove please!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    percefus wrote: »

Pretty sure that's his own opinion. We moderators are not drones, we're players too, and we have the right to our opinions. Just saying.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    percefus wrote: »

That would be my opinion. :)

My main is a cleric but I have played every class in the game pretty extensively.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    2 rogues wearing perfect enchants and a GWF wearing perfect soulforged and plaguefire ( Defense loss ).

Any boss will die fast. Tell us something we dont know. That group was stacked for pure DPS and not control... know how often you get a group like this ?

1 out of 50,000 times, maybe less.

Err. Their gs is in the description 11k about. Normal vorpals I think. Im the GWF lol I have 2 berserker champ. 2 titan/or valiant duelist. like rank 6 enchants. If im OP then you better look out if I ever get BIS and Perfect vorps haha
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So let me get this straight. Everybody thinks TR needed the nerf because they were too strong in PVE?
  • percefuspercefus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pretty sure that's his own opinion. We moderators are not drones, we're players too, and we have the right to our opinions. Just saying.

I really appreciate your reply, thx, but I would very much like to hear his response concerning his post ?

Again Thx !

Just saw his response, I guess I should have refreshed page before posting
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45696675&dateline=1374083559
    A Proud Member Of THE 300 Guild - Tene's are nothing but P2W, Nerf or Remove please!
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am glad Cryptic finally realised that rogues are OP and need nerf, now I can have faith in this game again.
  • kitobikitobi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    glad I read this post before payday tomorrow, was gonna put another 80 on my account to finish my rogue.

guess now ill just keep my money
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm holding my money too. It's not a THREAT. It's just common sense. Why would i pay if it's gonna get obliterated? Kinda like rolling my money up and smoking it^^

Anyways. IF you have some good ideas and not just complaining about the TR nerfs. Please do visit this thread. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?416851-Good-suggestions-to-the-TR-nerf-instead-of-raging

It's in the section where devs and mods have said is RIGHTFULLY for feedback on changes undergoing testing in the previe server, and might get some OFFICIAL attention.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Stealth is dead (I do not have a perma-stealth rogue) and we have no daily powers now. I guess that's OK because it took so long to generate the AP anyway (compared to other classes). Our ranged ability has been cut by 1/3 which will also help gimp our DPS even more. Seriously, why didn't you just remove the rogue class from the game? By the way.... Lashing Blade does damage too. Don't forget to nerf that one as well. We can all be Lashing Blade rogues until the next patch. We will have just enough stealth to walk 6 feet to a target and pop our one ability. After that we are done.

Oh you're right! They missed Lashing Blade, we can't have that, it must be nerfed too. What about the ability to dodge? Bit OP isn't it? It should be nerfed too!

What else? Oh I know, I know, they use TWO weapons! How unfair is that? Take one away please!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic!
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    heh... gotta love sarcasm....

How about removing the at wills while they're at it? There's two too many of them. :)

Really, though. Whatever changes come, try to adapt to it. I'm sure the devs have good reason for doing what they do. Ugh... I still remember the cries of how Devoted Clerics are now broken because Astral Shield was nerfed...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You need your moderator title stripped immediately, as you have no grasp on PvE rogue mechanics.

I have posted in other threads the mathematical breakdown of the loss in DPS and it is staggering.

Since when does being a moderator require an extensive knowledge of the game, he's just posting his own opinion on the changes is all.

As for the rest of you, as I posted earlier in the thread, Cryptic will respond a lot better if you actually logged onto the test server and gave them actual metrics on the change rather than just sit here on the forums whining about the changes without actually testing them.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

While I think the nerf as it is, is a terrible mistake. Their is no call for that. A mod is just a mod, not an omniscient game expert. You should be more worried about the fact that the developers making the changes should know how big a hit to DPS it is and want to try it out anyway.

Testing out stuff like this. That is what the test server is for though. Hopefully they decide to ease up on some of the stuff before it goes to live though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »

How about removing the at wills while they're at it? There's two too many of them. :)

Really, though. Whatever changes come, try to adapt to it. I'm sure the devs have good reason for doing what they do. Ugh... I still remember the cries of how Devoted Clerics are now broken because Astral Shield was nerfed...

My main is a dc and like rogues, we desperately needed that nerf too. Double stacking as, during boss fights, we didn't even have to move and sometimes I didn't even have to heal.
    Imo/fact people that play them stupid rogues should just l2p them the way their supposed to instead of heavily relying on a broken mechanic like stealth.
    Since news of this nerf, people are returning to NW lol This right here shows you that this nerf was a good idea.:o
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »

Yep it reminds me the Astral shield duration drama. I'm not ashamed to admit that i've been involved in it. "PvE is dommed", "clerics are about to be useless", and that kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i've been posting in.

Now i think it's a bit funny. I'm a better player, a better healer and improved my neverwinter playing skills a lot since the "nerf". Now i can keep my party alive in most situations, even the desperate ones, it's just more dynamic and requires me to focus on this activity for quite some time. I guess rogues will have to think instead od doing mindless clicking on random stuff to dps. :D

I've played a dps in my former mmo for 2 years. Being an ok dps is easy, it's all you can do anyway. Being a great dps player, though, is a lot harder. It's good people have to learn to play. Makes things more fun.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Better get those free respecs and start handing them out as soothing lollipops to the now seriously traumatized TR's.

Bet you any money they'll all just re-roll CW's now and pvp will become hilariously bad with them being rampant.
    Maybe we should rename them to "rouges" that way at least they can say they made TR's sound all pretty before they f*cked them.
    edited July 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Better get those free respecs and start handing them out as soothing lollipops to the now seriously traumatized TR's.

Bet you any money they'll all just re-roll CW's now and pvp will become hilariously bad with them being rampant.
    Maybe we should rename them to "rouges" that way at least they can say they made TR's sound all pretty before they f*cked them.

Why rolling a control class? It's definitely not the warlock people try to build when they play their (failed) CWs. And the game still requires at least one "assassin" single target dps able to hide when it's required. That's just silly. It's not a race anyway, as long as the job is done it's fine. And teams with no rogue will have harder time achieving something simple when you have one.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Why rolling a control class? It's definitely not the warlock people try to build when they play their (failed) CWs. And the game still requires at least one "assassin" single target dps able to hide when it's required. That's just silly. It's not a race anyway, as long as the job is done it's fine. And teams with no rogue will have harder time achieving something simple when you have one.

News flash: That "assassin" just lost a HUGE chunk of it's burst damage output. Was some of it needed? probably. But what would you prefer now? a gimped "assassin" or someone who can fire off ranged knockbacks on objectives with further impunity now that their natural enemy the TR is now nerfed.

And you had better believe, you'll notice the extra CW's and their cc spam of fail.
    edited July 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    News flash: That "assassin" just lost a HUGE chunk of it's burst damage output. Was some of it needed? probably. But what would you prefer now? a gimped "assassin" or someone who can fire off ranged knockbacks on objectives with further impunity now that their natural enemy the TR is now nerfed.

And you had better believe, you'll notice the extra CW's and their cc spam of fail.

Yes and sometimes, having less dps in a group is also a good way to make stuff dying quicker. It's like having a tank in a group (even a no dps tacician/protector one), you don't need it but when you've one you know it's going to be smoother, and faster. Stealth is far more powerful than raw dps.

If the game was all about dps, then teams of 5 rogues should rule the game. Obviously, it's not the case. Nothing will change.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Oh you're right! They missed Lashing Blade, we can't have that, it must be nerfed too. What about the ability to dodge? Bit OP isn't it? It should be nerfed too!

What else? Oh I know, I know, they use TWO weapons! How unfair is that? Take one away please!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic!

I'm not sure that someone who had trouble levelling has as full a grasp on mechanics as might be wished, prior to expressing strident opinions on how the game works. Doubt is a terrible thing.
  • shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yes and sometimes, having less dps in a group is also a good way to make stuff dying quicker. It's like having a tank in a group (even a no dps tacician/protector one), you don't need it but when you've one you know it's going to be smoother, and faster. Stealth is far more powerful than raw dps.

If the game was all about dps, then teams of 5 rogues should rule the game. Obviously, it's not the case. Nothing will change.

Meh, the same "excuses" everywhere.

The nerf wasn't needed. All was needed was a nerf to Bait and Switch and CoS. That's all people have been complaining about. I've never seen someone complaining about the DPS of a TR in a PVE dungeon.

"Having less dps in a group is also a good way to make stuff dying quicker": never seen such a stupid sentence by someone. The only place where I want a tank is in Spellplague but not because of their "less dps and ability to tank", but because they can taunt mobs off the boss. If you give this ability to any other class, a tank would be the least useful class in this game.

The games are always about DPS and survavibility. You haven't enough DPS? You can't do the boss in spider. You have the DPS but it's average? More room for mistakes, more room for wipes. TRs will have neither of those with the new patch, while a GWF will excel at both.

All of you people complaining that this HUGE nerf was needed have no place in a game based off D&D, a GROUP based game.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    "Having less dps in a group is also a good way to make stuff dying quicker": never seen such a stupid sentence by someone. The only place where I want a tank is in Spellplague but not because of their "less dps and ability to tank", but because they can taunt mobs off the boss. If you give this ability to any other class, a tank would be the least useful class in this game.

Oh, I've seen worse:

sangrine wrote: »

2. When TR goes stealth, CW and DC are more likely to attract aggro.

4. Killing boss too fast can result in too many adds and lead to a wipe.

If you can work out what on earth is going on in that poster's head, good luck to you.
  • smezzasmezza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You cried about being killed by an invisible ennemy ? Well, guess what, Cryptic is about to OS most Rogues with one single hack of Nerfing Slashing Axe which we can all clearly see coming but won't be able to dodge.

IMOA, this is so OP that the devs that came up with the nerf should now use the axe on themselves.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    If you can work out what on earth is going on in that poster's head, good luck to you.

I believe he was talking about "the act of killing" or as people with a grasp on the English language know it as: "actively damaging."

Like I said earlier. Most of the people jumping for joy are "yeyyy roog is nerf!!1 im play game fo reel now. like intendd"

Not everybody, but most.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    This is the same outcry that Clerics did when their circle was nerfed. I feel your pain being a cleric player as we still are a crippled class. The only advantage DCs have is that we are the only healing class in Neverwinter so we get a group spot out of default where TRs compete with other DPS classes.

Just wait until they bring another striker class out, like ranger. Rogues would be done. I was thinking about this even before reading about these nerfs.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    iergo wrote: »
    Whirl wind of blades and courage breaker the new go to daily's for PvP and PvE. Just worked out a new build waiting for preview server to test.

Let them nerf Lurker's assault etc, adapt.

Until those wizards and great weapon fighters start outdpsing you even more, and people don't want rogues and their single target only dps.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
    edited July 2013
    Until those wizards and great weapon fighters start outdpsing you even more, and people don't want rogues and their single target only dps.

My GWF and CW generally do more DPS overall than a TR already, unless they're really making an effort ..due to my AoE DPS capabilities. However, I think you're being a little hysterical here, the testing on the preview shard indicates that the sky has not fallen, and TRs will represent the most optimal source of single target DPS.

The way you're conflating single target and AoE is as bad as the straw man PUGgers that you allude to, the roles occupy separate niches.