test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry down?

Comments

• Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well this is the 2nd day now? I in a row? I'd call that improvement compared to that week before.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, any news yet?

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So, any news yet?

All The Best
    All news are ill.

All the Best
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    OK, and news that makes sense in English then?

All The Best

• Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps I tried translating idioms.

Anyways, the news are there are no news.

And they're not the best.

All the Best
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    OK, and news that makes sense in English then?

All The Best

check yer inbox matey
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    check yer inbox matey

Ditto.

All The Best

• Options
    casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whats worse is I took a week off work this week and one of the things I wanted to do with my time was work in the foundry...

It's been down more than it's been up :( Great week to decide to take!

Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow. Really? STILL down?!? It's been down since sometime before 9am PST!
    Rapidly approaching unbelievably pathetic.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Wow. Really? STILL down?!? It's been down since sometime before 9am PST!
    Rapidly approaching unbelievably pathetic.

Kind of like Cryptic/PWE's "customer relations" ideology then.

All The Best

• Options
    lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's 19h00 eastern, and the foundry is still down. I'm getting quote" Foundry editing not allowed?" I mean sure I'm not paying for it but they don't have to be so bossy about it? Is there anybody working over at cryptic on this game and are they aware that thousands of people can't edit at the moment???
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, I have no news to share at this time. We'll be sure to update this thread when we do.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The second we get to put down the pitchforks they give us more reasons to pick them back up. This company's attitude and communication with the foundry community is beyond horrible. I totally saw this coming when it all came down a couple days ago.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Sorry, I have no news to share at this time. We'll be sure to update this thread when we do.

How can you not have any news after all this time?

Furthermore, this is seemingly an weekly episodic "malfunction", how can you not have data on what is causing this?

How can you not have an ETA of work required?

How is it that this problem is resolved every week, but recurs all the same?

There's only one conceivable way for that to happen - no one is working on it, and it recurs because it is never actually fixed, you just take the Foundry Server down and cycle it on and off until it starts again.

My 7 year old nephew would have some clues as to what was wrong after all this time.

All The Best

• Options
    zaodanzaodan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Furthermore, this is seemingly an weekly episodic "malfunction", how can you not have data on what is causing this?

There's only one conceivable way for that to happen - no one is working on it, and it recurs because it is never actually fixed, you just take the Foundry Server down and cycle it on and off until it starts again.

My 7 year old nephew would have some clues as to what was wrong after all this time.

All The Best

I would like to point out the flaws in this post.

But I cannot.
  • Options
    scmillerscmiller Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    Does it ever stay up? For God's sake...don't know how people finish quests...at this rate one dialogue and a map will be finished in 2017
  • Options
    stoosh72stoosh72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't mind that they are down, it is a free game, but they should at least give us more than, "sorry we have no news."

I would love post telling us what they believe had happened and what they are doing to fix this.
  • Options
    cottontaycottontay Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been editing my quest for the last week and a half. This is the first time I've noticed the foundry being offline for an extended period of time. Its always just a ridiculous amount of lag and temporary disconnects.

It sucks that I can't edit anything, I was planning to work on my quest all day since I had a free day. However its hard to complain because I'm not paying for the services, nor have I purchased enough zen to warrant entitlement. :P
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *sigh* I'm seeing a pattern with Cryptic in being unable to QA their patches enough, so they release them, things go down every Tuesday. Foundry servers are down or blocked in the client due to a buggy patch. When will this ever change? Cryptic, this is why I still don't give you real life shinies.

Down all one Sunday, down Four days in a row, and now down on Tuesdays apparently.

On another note, zebular, I appreciate the updates. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

All The Best

It took me nearly an extra two weeks to finish a foundry because of how bad it has been lately. Crash down for 2-4 days randomly here and there. Consistent foundry errors for 25+ minutes trying to login before I just give up and try another day, horrible loading etc. Have they even fixed testing classes not being able to choose powers? Probably not. But its all good, keep 'rushing' out dungeons and ignoring the foundry.
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Huh??

I've heard of more twittering then "replies to a thread" I'm actually shocked that "someone" from wherever took the 5 seconds to type this.
    But it means nothing. You have no news to share about WHAT? What exactly IS going on. Are you rebooting the servers, have rabid killer clowns invaded Cryptic, did a flying pig fly by the window and make everyone forget what they were doing and take the day off?

I'm stunned about the LACK of communication on foundry issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Usually there's no communication at all, so I appreciate the update even if it doesn't contain a lot of info. If you're not in the room, it can be hard to get any concrete information.

That does bring up the question, however, of whether or not there actually is anyone in the room.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    spartapod1979spartapod1979 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still no reason behind this long of a down time?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We're working to bring Foundry editing back up. We'll let you know when it's up. Thank you!

Zen store down? Hourly updates with ETAs.
    Foundry down? .... *crickets*

After almost 2 hours - 1 liner.
    NINE hours after that... like the vast empty void of space... no one can hear our screams.
  • Options
    akuzenthedarkakuzenthedark Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    o3o Well hopefully it's up when i get up tomorrow so i can get working on a jump scare game before work x3
  • Options
    threstonthreston Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i'd swear this company was turbine
  • Options
    phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    threston wrote: »
    i'd swear this company was turbine
    oh lol, now THAT is funny XD
  • Options
    valdermicvaldermic Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has there been no official word? I've been following the forums and trying to log into the Foundry since 1:15pm cst. I still can't get in. At this point I'm not sure we'll be able to log-in before the patch tomorrow.
  • Options
    crimsonconceptscrimsonconcepts Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    I have been in the computer industry for years and understand how troubleshooting and problem solving works when it comes to crashed systems, hardware failures, and just user issues.

At this point they have not said what the issue is, it could be something as simple as the patch changed a file that the Foundry relied on, or it could be more extreme as hardware failure or corruption. When a system goes down and as an engineer that is responsible for troubleshooting issues, you go heads down and hours go by without even knowing it.

For those that think that they do not care, or don't have any interest in letting people know what is going on, you could not be more wrong. The game as a whole is their life blood and their paycheck, if people don't play, they don't buy things. If they don't buy things, then they have to lay off more people. It is a cascading issue that they want to have nothing to do with. They want to keep players happy, and they are doing their best to fix the issues and get things back to normal.

I am sure that they understand that the Foundry is what makes the game unique and special, and what keeps people coming back. I agree that it would be nice to have at least someone telling us that there is something being done and any estimations on when things will be fixed, but even without it, I have confidence that it will happen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Please test my quests if you could...
    Crimsonconcepts:
    Emberbaths Planning - NW-DGU6CYPV4
    Fires Within - Goblin Attack (Part 1 of 5) - NW-DUXPXBR29
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At this point they have not said what the issue is, it could be something as simple as the patch changed a file that the Foundry relied on, or it could be more extreme as hardware failure or corruption. When a system goes down and as an engineer that is responsible for troubleshooting issues, you go heads down and hours go by without even knowing it.

For those that think that they do not care, or don't have any interest in letting people know what is going on, you could not be more wrong. The game as a whole is their life blood and their paycheck, if people don't play, they don't buy things.

Let's tally the scoreboard then, huh? Foundry servers seem to go down more often than a street worker looking for anything that resembles white powder. Crudeness aside, either Cryptic is incompetent or they don't care, take your pick. Remember the all Sunday downtime for the Foundry servers? Remember the four day downtime? Remember the sporadic downtime? And now all Wednesday evening. All of this in just two months? Brilliant... if they like shooting themselves in the foot.

I could type a thousand more rants about Cryptic and the unreliability of the Foundry servers/platform, but it still comes down to incompetent devs/NetOps or they just don't care enough to throw enough resources at it like they do with the game itself. And that's eventually going to kill the UGC interest in Neverwinter unless they improve their track record.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
This discussion has been closed.