What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry down?

Comments

• Options
    faitlinfaitlin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is the Foundry suppose to be working as well? Can login to Dragon but "Foundry editing is not available"
    :oMerchant Mayhem, NW-DQBBM5L3F :cool:
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    faitlin wrote: »
    Is the Foundry suppose to be working as well? Can login to Dragon but "Foundry editing is not available"

Same for me.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Thanks everyone for continued reports, I'm making inquiries.
  • Options
    elusivem00seelusivem00se Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Game's back, but the Foundry's not.

Still getting "Foundry Editing Not Allowed."

This is the same for me, and why I wish you didn't close the 'Foundry Timeout' bug report....
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for continued reports, I'm making inquiries.

Apparently we had one Author in the Foundry during down time. Which is odd. Thus I thought to add that information.

Reading that Foundry key is now greyed out (log in screen).
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    This is the same for me, and why I wish you didn't close the 'Foundry Timeout' bug report....
    . . . .. I have re-opened it, please do have a look. Also, this still may be related to today's downtime. I just put in an inquiry, should have an update for you all soon. Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding about your post, thank you for explaining it to me in PM. I got bogged by all this shard issues and didn't get a chance to reply to you.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is the reason for Foundry editing to still be offline?
  • Options
    mezrellamezrella Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still same... No editing allowed , but I can log in to the game...

PS. WE GOT A MOD?!?!?!?!?
    The Second Coming
    Act 1: A Family Affair - NW-DH7J6B8V2
    Act 2.1 and Act 2.2 Coming soon!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mezrella wrote: »
    Still same... No editing allowed , but I can log in to the game...

PS. WE GOT A MOD?!?!?!?!?
    Bear with me a few moments, inquiries take a bit. *the mage nods and adjusts his orb of telepathy*
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited July 2013
    We're working to bring Foundry editing back up. We'll let you know when it's up. Thank you!
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Bear with me a few moments, inquiries take a bit. *the mage nods and adjusts his orb of telepathy*

Yeah, sorry. I had to refresh to see that others also said something. Didn't mean to bombard. Thanks for looking into it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Just got an update, they are aware of the Foundry Issue and will be bringing it back up soon. I'll reply if I get any new information or when it is up. Thanks and our apologies for this mess!

(I has been ninja'd by Pin - Thanks Pin!)

elcymerian wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry. I had to refresh to see that others also said something. Didn't mean to bombard. Thanks for looking into it.
    No worries at all! I totally understand. *the mage smiles and nods*
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Awesome, thanks!

I'm sure it'll be up when I get home from work :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had a dream about Foundry. I woke up and was like, "I'm going to Foundry." Then I was *sadface* because it was brought down just as I was loading the Kitty Alpha Dojo (starring Guard Frinko)! :eek: Thanks for keeping us updated! xoxo
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    I had a dream about Foundry. I woke up and was like, "I'm going to Foundry." Then I was *sadface* because it was brought down just as I was loading the Kitty Alpha Dojo (starring Guard Frinko)! :eek: Thanks for keeping us updated! xoxo

I like your new avatar.
  • Options
    agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    runis12 wrote: »

Guard Frinko has more starring roles than James Franco.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finally, the penny has dropped.

I had been working on the assumption that Cryptic/PWE were a serious MMO company out to do a good job.

But Foundry down two days in a row with no prior warning, no last minute heads-up, and the vaguest of vague totally pointless answers from the Company Representatives and it all becomes clear.

I understand now.

Its a bunch of clowns doing a skit about real MMOs.

That is the only way there is that can come close to rationalising this level of total and utter incompetence.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We're working to bring Foundry editing back up. We'll let you know when it's up. Thank you!

You know if you invested just 1/10th of the effort/resources you expend in "getting it back up" to "keeping it up" in the first place the company would be better off in the long-run, and might actually look like it knows what the heck it is doing.

All The Best

• Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You know redneckronin, it is possible to voice dissatisfaction civilly. Try to be civil.
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You know if you invested just 1/10th of the effort/resources you expend in "getting it back up" to "keeping it up" in the first place the company would be better off in the long-run, and might actually look like it knows what the heck it is doing.

All The Best

2 thumbs up for that one :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    delthanin wrote: »
    You know redneckronin, it is possible to voice dissatisfaction civilly. Try to be civil.

It is.

And the moment Cryptic start being civil to me, and the rest of the community, by a) at least making an effort towards reliability, b) not taking the Foundry down every week without prior notification, and c) giving us meaningful information, here on the forums, when things go wrong then I'll be civil to them.

I react to how I find people.

If they are competent, courteous and professional I make sure I am the same.

All The Best

• Options
    ryeman1ryeman1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well i think thay are doing a good job and hope you guys get it sort soon be patient ppl and so far i have seen the team here be very nice and leting ppl no whats going on, some times things go wrong ;o) p.s working in the foundry you should no this ;o)
  • Options
    heyangel1heyangel1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol 1st time going into the foundry and this happens! Wow.... what a coincidence.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I don't understand is all the downtime while trying to figure out what happened.

Program crashes... you produce a "core dump" file containing everything in memory at the time of the crash allowing you to do postmortem debugging/analysis at leisure without having an entire community sitting on their thumbs waiting; you possibly reboot server hardware, and you restart the program. Downtime 15-30min.

Come on now, we've had core dumps for 25 years now. :confused:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . No new updates yet on Foundry unavailability. We'll keep you all updated. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    delthanin wrote: »

<removed, read the rules on discussing disciplinary actions>

I happen to agree with the first comment. The level of customer service and the standard of this game is appalling, the only saving grace is that it stands alone in terms of the foundry. If not for the foundry I would not touch this game with a barge pole. The way things are set I think this game will fail in the long run unless drastic measures are taken. (The hole thing stinks of we'll take as much money as possible before we dump it.)

Biggest issues with the foundry: Not letting people know that they are closing the foundry down. i.e. your worthless and we don't give a damb if you loose two hours of work. How else would you look at that?

Also all the little problems such as error saving, error logging on, error error error, all the time. I bet I get no errors if I go into the zen store or whatever you call it.
  • Options
    shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Yeah but, you can't really warn people about unscheduled failures...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That's enough bickering please. If you must argue, take it to PMs. Thanks!

I'll continue to provide updates on Foundry Unavailability as I get them. Nothing new to report yet.
  • Options
    fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I can't believe the foundry still crashes as much as it does. Maybe the game being officially 'live' should have been held off until the foundry didn't implode for a whole month. With all the issues the foundry has the game certainly is not completely ready to be live.
This discussion has been closed.