test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway Alchemy Bug

Comments

• despisecampersdespisecampers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Zen comes first - obvious. We should all start new tickets in their ticket system :) And be polite enough to remind them every day that ticket is waiting. Judging be number of people affected by that bug that may get their attention.
  • nagrukknagrukk Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    this should had been hotfixed within the first 12 hours after it got reported.

2 weeks makes this a joke, I know that balance issues, pvp issues etc take a lot to fix, but this takes around... let me see... 30 seconds to make the patch, a few minutes to take down server and backup, 10 seconds to launch the fix, I dont know how mutch would it take to get fixed, depends on how good the database is implemented, but another few minutes. OK 1 hour hotfix as mutch, and your credit as game developers wouldnt be ruined forever for so many people.

Having played DC, GFW and TR, I have to say that this has been the most annoying bug by FAR I have found in game, simply because it is totally game breaking, and you cant do any kind of workaround to bypass the bug. This together with things like not hotfixing pirate king's ship anchor for weeks show how bad you are at emergency issues. 0/10.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow... i stopped playing for several days... came back and its still ignored.... just amazing... PE really did it this time.
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah.. i found that teh hard way :/ Only things collectable on gateway working good e leadership xp and and items on other professions ...

collecting rough AD and alchemy is bugged since the begining. i assume they wont fix this ever cause its reported for months :/
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nagrukk wrote: »
    this should had been hotfixed within the first 12 hours after it got reported.

2 weeks makes this a joke, I know that balance issues, pvp issues etc take a lot to fix, but this takes around... let me see... 30 seconds to make the patch, a few minutes to take down server and backup, 10 seconds to launch the fix, I dont know how mutch would it take to get fixed, depends on how good the database is implemented, but another few minutes. OK 1 hour hotfix as mutch, and your credit as game developers wouldnt be ruined forever for so many people.

Having played DC, GFW and TR, I have to say that this has been the most annoying bug by FAR I have found in game, simply because it is totally game breaking, and you cant do any kind of workaround to bypass the bug. This together with things like not hotfixing pirate king's ship anchor for weeks show how bad you are at emergency issues. 0/10.

i know the feeling.. if web/mobile gateway worked as intended i would prob be lvl 20 at all professions already :/
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • rusupnrusupn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have not been affected by this issue but a friend on mine has. He is close to leaving the game because of a lack of customer support or even acknowledgement. How is the "investigation" coming? If my friend leaves Neverwinter...well so will I.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    all i know is that i more or less quit already - i look at updates or ingame perhaps once every day and log out 5-10 minutes later. Gaunt is way too rare to even get lucky and hit its active time, and its not fun. DD is rare and boring already.. .and i cant even work on alchemy anymore.
  • schmopfschmopf Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same with me. Logging in and playing the game is... well, by no means entertaining. I had to abandon Alchemy due to that bug. Great stuff!

EA did the same thing with SW:ToR. No support, no players. It's that **** easy. Okay, Neverwinter is F2P, but they really improve their bugfixing or there will be no one purchasing ZEN anymore. Sad thing, that they are ruining a Neverwinter setting because they just feel too greedy...
  • alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    new preview patchnotes still don't mention any fixes :/
  • doloremipsumdoloremipsum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We're investigating the issue. Thanks for all the reports, everyone!

Any progress yet? I'm stuck, just as the others in this thread.
  • thepunkmonkthepunkmonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    im stuck at 13 :( I hope they fix this soon as its pretty game breaking. Saying their game is live and having these type of issues doesn't bode well for future gaming.
    I wish i read the forums more... i actually saw this as a bug when reporting another but didnt know there were precautions to prevent it...
  • zakezzakez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't do the experience, but did a research to get scrolls to experiment the next level finally. Instead also got the "tracker" award, and now I have no common options for the next task on that toon. In any category, I can see the rares in my range and if unfilter level stuff from 10 to 20 range, but nothing else between 1 and 10
    edited July 2013
    That's a bug that happens once in a while zakez. Try again later, it will be good then.

It would really help if you'd get those scrolls from experiments even if you already did the research. It would be nasty, but then you would be able to level up. But that doesn't work either, I do not get any scrolls....
  • myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well rest assured they are fixing bugs.... They fixed the bug where the professions screen displayed "slot unlocked at level 60" when really it was level 50. They fixed it of course by making it level 60 instead of changing the screen tip...

The Alchemy bug? Nope, still not fixed and now over a week i've been stuck leveling this profession.
  • romanodogromanodog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just hit this bug... unfortunately I didn't read this thread beforehand (who would search for it unless they were bugged?).
    Anyway... plz fix it thanks. I feel sorry for those of you that have been stuck like this since the beginning, it must be so frustrating!
  • nick0021nick0021 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My alchemy has been stuck at 19 for 2 weeks now. Im getting a little frustrated that nothing has been done. If you cant fix the bug, at least move our current alchemy levels up.
  • krymm02krymm02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another +1, stuck at 16.. I knew it didn't properly show your new recipe learned during experimentation (just a placeholder in results), but I could just look and see the new recipes in the list and was able to tell how many more were required until I was able to upgrade.

Like everyone else only searched for this after the bug hit me, because who searches for an obscure bug that isn't affecting them.

Def a little absurd for a pay to craft game (sure you can make guys, but the tools are really the important part) which is "live" that they've allowed this bug to survive this long with so many seething users being hit. Here I am with a bunch of overpriced alchemy guys and tools garnered from profession packs, and I can't even use them to build my alchemy anymore.. Who needs that last profession slot huh :c(

I guess at least the gateway itself still rightly says beta at the top lol
  • laviumlavium Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2013
    Stuck. And I notice that this bug was reported on the 21st of June. It's now July 8th. I'm very disappointed.
  • spinningspudspinningspud Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We're investigating the issue. Thanks for all the reports, everyone!

11 days ago and not a whisper since ... depressing or what ?
  • sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oddly enough, this happened to me too, but with Leadership. Completed a task in the gateway, received enough experience for next level, but didn't level up. So I just kept on doing tasks like nothing had happened, and few days later it seemed to sort itself out. It's all rather strange.
    Fortunately, a fellow guild member warned me about the alchemy bug, so I made sure to never level it except in game. Never occurred to me that the same bug might affect other professions as well...
    edited July 2013
    sigaxel77, reported that already with Platesmithing. This is a Gateway-Bug, not Alchemy itself. But with all other professions, one task granting xp and completed ingame will solve the bug for you. Unfortunately, that doesn't help with Alchemy, since you don't have tasks with xp. Well, you could do research again. That would be a workaround. But, of course, you won't get any scrolls out of the experiments. So you can't even do that research stuff twice to fix the bug.

A great hooray to all those coders of Gateway and/or Neverwinter. I think I will never hit level 60 since I will most likely abandon the game before that happens.
  • inaahinaah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You've been "investigating" for several days now. Is there any chance we could get a progress update? Are we looking at many more days of being stuck? Weeks? Months? I'm sure we'd all appreciate some visibility. Thanks.

How about some post that actually tells us something so we can stop bothering customer support? Like we cant fix it and dont know when we will be able to? Now... would that be too hard? BTW Im clearing out the friggin forest here since all i can do is collect mats hoping to be able to get back to some productive crafting.

How bout shutting gateway down? (Just heard everyone who isnt bugged QQ) But youll thank the ones that are bugged who asked for the shut down since you wont go through the frustrations some of us are.

Sure its only crafting and its only a game... but you play cause its fun right? not frustrating...... People log in from various places via gateway to keep advancing in a game because its fun... NOW... we log in at our own risks and roll the dices and what hope we dont get bugged? Just silly....

Guess it just makes sense to me... prevent more people from getting stuck... just allow crafting in game till you have an idea whats going on? With my luck the problem solves as soon as i hit submit reply... one can only hope right?
  • pyrex042pyrex042 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Or how about a quest that takes an hour and gives 1 craft xp; instantly unblocking all of us who have been stuck for weeks.
  • merkx71merkx71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At this point I don't care how you fix it drop me a lvl in alch or bump me to the next lvl but something needs to be done this is getting ridiculous. Please fix this!
  • lobo72maeloc5lobo72maeloc5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another victim of the gate-no-way here. Alchemy, level 11, 9600xp, no more experimentation and no more alchemy either.

I sugest you fix this already, or you'll risk losing clients. If you don't show that you care for the gamers, that's what tends to happen.
    edited July 2013
    pyrex042 wrote: »
    Or how about a quest that takes an hour and gives 1 craft xp; instantly unblocking all of us who have been stuck for weeks.

That would be way to easy. Stupid pyrex, how could you even think, that this might work!? The ultra-complex Gateway can't be fooled that way. You shall not pass to the next level! ;)
  • whelbenwhelben Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does it help to make it somehow important, if everyone is starting an own thread?

I dont know.... *sigh*
  • kanadwkanadw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've run into this issue too, as of sunday night. Haven't had problems with alchemy and the gateway before, but finished the Rank 17 Alchemical Research and was not advanced to 18. A support ticket said to submit a bug report and "In the future... use the Report a Bug button when reporting possible bugs that may not require immediate intervention by a GM."

I guess I misunderstood what support tickets were for. Why doesn't this qualify?
    edited July 2013
    kanadw wrote: »
    I've run into this issue too, as of sunday night. Haven't had problems with alchemy and the gateway before, but finished the Rank 17 Alchemical Research and was not advanced to 18. A support ticket said to submit a bug report and "In the future... use the Report a Bug button when reporting possible bugs that may not require immediate intervention by a GM."

I guess I misunderstood what support tickets were for. Why doesn't this qualify?

kanadw, I got the exact same reply to my ticket, two weeks ago. I couldn't help but had to laugh. My opening ticket said "I already file a bug report...", which I did indeed. So they just try to calm you down with a copy&paste-reply.

Imo, a bug report is needed to report that Alchemy-Gateway-Bug. Alright. But I'd think, that a ticket aims at solving the immediate issue to not be able to level any further. So, debugging the actual bug and helping the players with a manual (or automized, should be possible too) solution should be two different things. It could be really easy to do so... but it looks like that tigers, boars and other ZEN stuff is a lot more important than fixing bugs.
  • inaahinaah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    atleast some of you received some kind of response. Nothing here from anyone so far, and nothing on forums as far as i can tell....

still waiting.