What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway Alchemy Bug

Comments

• Options
    pyrex042pyrex042 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More likely an error in their comparison function than a rounding error, there's nothing to round here.

In game, it's (probably) correctly checking for [CurrentXP] >= [NeededXP]

On the Gateway, its (again, probably) checking for [CurrentXP] > [NeededXP]

Which isn't a major problem for other professions because you can just gain more xp...
  • Options
    jmcamjrjmcamjr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought I was stuck at level 3 as well doing numerous experimentations. I unfiltered the alchemy craft and found out I was missing Brimstone to level Alchemy to 4.

This isn't about not having Brimstone. It's about having Brimstone, Basic Alchemical Knowledge, Doing the Alchemical Research, then getting enough experience to level and then having the leveling bar just stay filled, and not progressing to the next level.
  • Options
    rathelasrathelas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not my intention to Necro this thread but there's also a problem with Leadership not giving AD rewards if you collect from Gateway.
    I thought you guys might like to know this too.
  • Options
    rofehrrofehr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 here as well.

Stuck at rank 4.
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    WTF devs?!?! Can we at least get a "we're aware"?!?!?
  • Options
    amalzarantaramalzarantar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    offler04 wrote: »
    Victim Counter of this Bug +1
    At least some hope that it get fixed soon, if I'm not the only one with the problem...

Exp Bar is filled, just didn't level.

Repeating Experimentation is futile, as it seems you get the Knowledge Scrolls only with the recipies (which you already got).
    You are stuck in alchemy -due to my observation- till they fix it, if you experience it.
    Therefore the big warning:
    Do NOT collect your Exp granting Alchemy-Tasks in the Gateway,
    if you want to level further.

Please fix this ASAP and make sure your QA (if you have one at all) in future checks all recipies in game and in the gateway before bringing professions live. Wondering really how such elementar bugs make it to live at all...

Wish I have read this before. Just collected my alchemy exp via Gateway and got stuck in lvl 9...
  • Options
    shadolinnshadolinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Be thankful you got stuck early... I got the bug this morning moving the level from 19 to 20 .... GRRRRRRR!!!!!!
  • Options
    pyrex042pyrex042 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rathelas wrote: »
    Not my intention to Necro this thread but there's also a problem with Leadership not giving AD rewards if you collect from Gateway.

I don't believe that's actually true. I do nearly all my leadershipping via the Gateway and I'm clearly able to rake in the AD from Protect Caravan and Collect Taxes.

What's happening is that they're being added as Rough AD (so they don't show up in your count), then being silently auto-refined when you sign-in with the character.
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rathelas wrote: »
    You really are getting them - I've checked many, many times after thinking the AD was going MIA and the auto refine IS taking care of it.
    In the patch notes they say they will be giving a log in notification of how much was auto-refined, well overdue.
  • Options
    shuusoushuusou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got stuck with this on level 2, so I guess for a certain level of thankfulness...

On the other hand, my resource stores are looking better than ever from all the gathering and extraction.
  • Options
    merkx71merkx71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think I may have to stop using gateway all together. No ad from leadership and my alchemy is stuck at 2400 in rank 7. Please fix this.
  • Options
    gharetgharet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ridiculous. New patch, still stuck at rank 3. Already had to wait so long for half of the promised 'launch' content to actually be patched back in, but now we can't use our new profession and have no acknowledgement of the issue.
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    gharet wrote: »
    Ridiculous. New patch, still stuck at rank 3. Already had to wait so long for half of the promised 'launch' content to actually be patched back in, but now we can't use our new profession and have no acknowledgement of the issue.
    ^^ this +1 im sure as soon as we get this fixed the next 3 week bug will pop up. I hate to sound like a negative nelson but c'mon devs...this is getting a bit out of hand
  • Options
    amalzarantaramalzarantar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not even a word about this problem? Disapointing...
  • Options
    fusebotfusebot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I seriously can't believe this is STILL broken...no response either.
  • Options
    regolith13regolith13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am stuck as well Full Alchemy bar after advancing via the gateway
    I log in and it says Current 600 with no value for next level..............
    I hope they fix this soon.... looks like several people have the same issue......................
    Shame to spend countless hours gathering and Extracting
  • Options
    alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    So.. support tickets get closed, forum threads get ignored and I don't even know if the ingame ticket system ever worked in the first place. Is there any way to get this noticed?
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive been using alchemy through gateway quite a bit and have not gotten stuck. Just lucky I guess I hope you guys get unstuck or figure out what went wrong.

The way they have alchemy level is entirely to dependent on luck as it is what I would do is have everything give a tiny amont of xp 1-10 points and the research give an auto level so if your that guy who has experimented 130 times with out 1 research scroll...ding! also this will help people who are stuck ding. or give 1 alchemy xp every time you drink an unstable potion.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    We're investigating the issue. Thanks for all the reports, everyone!
  • Options
    solsticechildesolsticechilde Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for investigating. Please keep us informed about any progress and/or fixes. Just adding myself to the list of the infected.
  • Options
    r1zutr1zut Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 here.

Both my characters are stuck on Alchemy lvl 2. Have 3 of the bound scrolls and it's impossible to get the other one.
  • Options
    khondokhankhondokhan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am stuck on level 14, and wish I read the forums more often.
  • Options
    myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 to the number of people stuck. I'm stuck at level 7. Strangely it also doesn't show an amount required for level 8 at all.

I would also like to take this moment to "congratulate" whatever developer came up with this "groundbreaking" and "innovative" way to level a skill. Really... attaboy! Was is the same person who decided the most efficient way to level leadership (xp/hour) would be to repeat a level 5 task 3 times (explore local area) and then a level 9 task (Chart Region)? maxing out at 40xp/hour? </sarcasm>
  • Options
    regolith13regolith13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am stuck with multiple chars at top of Alchemy
    I have used the Gateway for most (80%) of my Professions
    Looks like the cannot level bug has been happening since the 6/22/13
    Can anyone confirm if starting or collecting the Research task in the Game VS Gateway will solve...
    I am getting frustrated with Alchemy They announced it ahead of time to get people excited to use it.
    I was hoping that once they were out of beta these things would be addressed faster
    Not being able to advance a Profession at all makes it nearly Worthless......
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Stuck here as well. Can't get to level 3 experimentation
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also stuck. Fix please.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ejjihappensejjihappens Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jmcamjr: Thanks for clarifying that.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for info. I'll avoid collecting alchemy xp in gateway.
  • Options
    solsticechildesolsticechilde Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We're investigating the issue. Thanks for all the reports, everyone!

You've been "investigating" for several days now. Is there any chance we could get a progress update? Are we looking at many more days of being stuck? Weeks? Months? I'm sure we'd all appreciate some visibility. Thanks.
  • Options
    dezreth1dezreth1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well this won't make anyone happy but I just got a response back on my bug report on this issue. Basically, they said nothing of any use, and tried to close the ticket (status changed to solved). I linked them to this thread in my reply but wow...customer service is not getting it done in this case.

----

Hello ,

I understand you have a gameplay inquiry. Here are some resources that you have at your disposal:

Our Neverwinter forums: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forum.php

Our Neverwinter Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki

Here at Customer Service, we work with players who have gameplay problems such as being stuck in the terrain or harassed by another player.

Actual in-game strategies, NPC locations, item uses, etc.. are things that we leave up to the players to figure out themselves, so that they can enjoy the experience of discovery and become more capable players in the process.

If you are reporting a bug, please use the in game bug report feature rather than Request GM Help.

Thank you for this feedback and we hope to see you in game soon!

----