test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway Alchemy Bug

thekevrletthekevrlet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
It appears that if you complete the XP-granting quest for alchemy in the gateway, it doesn't correctly level your skill. I finished level 3 and completed it in the gateway. I got the EXP, but my alchemy is still level 3.

Also, completing Experiment tasks in the gateway shows 'Tracker' as a reward, which isn't a thing.
Post edited by thekevrlet on

Comments

• Options
    fusebotfusebot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah...this is quite frustrating, I have the same problem and can't even level it now. Find a solution for this?
  • Options
    offler04offler04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Victim Counter of this Bug +1
    At least some hope that it get fixed soon, if I'm not the only one with the problem...

Exp Bar is filled, just didn't level.

Repeating Experimentation is futile, as it seems you get the Knowledge Scrolls only with the recipies (which you already got).
    You are stuck in alchemy -due to my observation- till they fix it, if you experience it.
    Therefore the big warning:
    Do NOT collect your Exp granting Alchemy-Tasks in the Gateway,
    if you want to level further.

Please fix this ASAP and make sure your QA (if you have one at all) in future checks all recipies in game and in the gateway before bringing professions live. Wondering really how such elementar bugs make it to live at all...
  • Options
    alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    wish I had read this before using the gateway for alchemy.. oh well, hope they fix it soon
  • Options
    ginaphurginaphur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not showing XP as a result for alchemy in-game or Gateway. I noticed it last night in game, thought it just wasn't showing. Did several gathering & experimentation tasks and the bar sits as if I just hit level 2.
  • Options
    rosko44rosko44 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add one more occurrence to the list, stuck at lvl 4 with 900 (required amount of exp for lvl 5).
  • Options
    pyrex042pyrex042 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1

I'm also stuck at 600/600 xp @ L3 unable to progress. Ugh.
  • Options
    midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Bumping for visibility. Annoyed.

:(
  • Options
    dargathidargathi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 ;o(

Both characters stuck at Alchemy :2
  • Options
    jmcamjrjmcamjr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    offler04 wrote: »
    Victim Counter of this Bug +1
    At least some hope that it get fixed soon, if I'm not the only one with the problem...

Exp Bar is filled, just didn't level.

Repeating Experimentation is futile, as it seems you get the Knowledge Scrolls only with the recipies (which you already got).
    You are stuck in alchemy -due to my observation- till they fix it, if you experience it.
    Therefore the big warning:
    Do NOT collect your Exp granting Alchemy-Tasks in the Gateway,
    if you want to level further.

Please fix this ASAP and make sure your QA (if you have one at all) in future checks all recipies in game and in the gateway before bringing professions live. Wondering really how such elementar bugs make it to live at all...

I'm stuck too.
  • Options
    zenpa7zenpa7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 here as well.

Stuck at rank 4 alchemy with 900 exp.
  • Options
    mortipezmortipez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im stuck and can't level as well. Please fix this!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump. Still can't level alchemy
  • Options
    oohsusieqoohsusieq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. Alchemy tasks both in game and on the Gateway are not displaying any exp rewards nor granting any. :(

Has anyone from PWE replied yet?
  • Options
    mangyvarmintmangyvarmint Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another victim of this bug here.
  • Options
    ginaphurginaphur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oohsusieq wrote: »
    Same here. Alchemy tasks both in game and on the Gateway are not displaying any exp rewards nor granting any. :(

Has anyone from PWE replied yet?

Not that I have seen.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bumping...
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    I also am stuck. Between levels 5 and 6. Exp bar full but no level 6 access.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ginaphur wrote: »
    I am not showing XP as a result for alchemy in-game or Gateway. I noticed it last night in game, thought it just wasn't showing. Did several gathering & experimentation tasks and the bar sits as if I just hit level 2.

That's normal. Gathering, potion-making, and experimentation don't give any xp. Experimentation can give Alchemy Scrolls. Then you use those Scrolls for the one job in each level that does give XP (which gives enough to get to the next level).
  • Options
    bluerabbitczbluerabbitcz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also stuck. Another experimentation is not possible so I cant obtain another Alchemical Knowledge. Therefore I cant try raise the rank again.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump for awareness
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Any word from devs on this would be greatly appreciated...only so much simple gathering and vitriol extrwction I can stomach!!!
  • Options
    frayjayfrayjay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grokc wrote: »
    Any word from devs on this would be greatly appreciated...only so much simple gathering and vitriol extrwction I can stomach!!!

Yeah I'd like to know too! I'm stuck at 300 exp and it's not leveling me to the next Alchemy level, and I've made 40+ unknown pots hoping I'd get a scroll, but have given up and am now leveling Leadership.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump for visibility. Devs please answer!!!!
  • Options
    offler04offler04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got after three days finally the pre-written text block from Customer Support, that I shall write a bug report instead.

Seriously?
    You are unable to escalte and priorize the ticket properly internal yourself?
    Your CS is unable to resolve those issues individually?
    You think it is still not time to react to these reports here on the boards?

Come on, everyone here and most likely much more are blocked from advancing in the shiny new profession and not even a note, that you are aware and adressing it?
    A bug, that should never had make it live with a functioning QA ...
  • Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    +1 here same stuck on Alchemy lvl 3 with full xp bar... and not getting any more knowledge scrolls wish I had found this before spending two days running experiments and not getting anywhere
  • Options
    realthorinerealthorine Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's another one who made the mistake to collect reward thru gateway :/
  • Options
    alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Got after three days finally the pre-written text block from Customer Support, that I shall write a bug report instead.

Got that one too. Was really happy when I saw the ticket status 'Solved'. Shouldn't have read the the actual answer though..
  • Options
    jmcamjrjmcamjr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Seriously?
    You are unable to escalte and priorize the ticket properly internal yourself?
    Your CS is unable to resolve those issues individually?
    You think it is still not time to react to these reports here on the boards?

Come on, everyone here and most likely much more are blocked from advancing in the shiny new profession and not even a note, that you are aware and adressing it?
    A bug, that should never had make it live with a functioning QA ...

STILL STUCK! It's been nearly a week!
  • Options
    ejjihappensejjihappens Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    frayjay wrote: »
    Yeah I'd like to know too! I'm stuck at 300 exp and it's not leveling me to the next Alchemy level, and I've made 40+ unknown pots hoping I'd get a scroll, but have given up and am now leveling Leadership.

I thought I was stuck at level 3 as well doing numerous experimentations. I unfiltered the alchemy craft and found out I was missing Brimstone to level Alchemy to 4.
  • Options
    realthorinerealthorine Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess this is due to an rounding error.
    Just give us a temporary one-use recipe that takes 10 seconds and give us 10xp. That may solve the problem.
    But let your Q&A team test it first.