Install Arc
Options

Gateway Alchemy Bug

Comments

• Options
    dougenheimdougenheim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    schmopf wrote: »
    At least they did a Gateway update! It is in german now (which I didn't want to). And it is totally unusable, since all 9 slots are free but can't be accessed in any fashion, and I can't collect finished jobs. So there's no way to get bugged by Gateway, hooray! ;)

Just refresh the page a few times and the gateway should be back to normal as far as the 9 slots are concerned... not sure about the German though.
  • Options
    schmopfschmopf Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It stayed german, but that slot bug is gone as of today. Tried to access Gateway yesterday multiple times, via Android and PC, without any success.

I have to search for a language selection option, I guess...
  • Options
    xtaszyxtaszy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This guys are incredible, I submitted a bug report few days ago and now I see was deleted !!!
    I wonder why?
    2771587546.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    xtaszy wrote: »
    I wonder.
    - Why?

Fixed that for you :)
  • Options
    alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    schmopf wrote: »
    I have to search for a language selection option, I guess...

If you find one, please let me know.. I play the game in english and now I get my filter words in gateway wrong all the time :)

Also bump for awareness. Still not fixed, players can still fall victim to this.
  • Options
    abramerlinabramerlin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    .....skeleton quietly decomposes....
    untitled.png?t=1370827869
  • Options
    cirioffcirioff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just had my alchemy experience freeze at 7200 - was about to get to level 11 but that wasnt to be.
    Is there any solution / fix for this please?
    Cheer.
    /cirioff
  • Options
    abramerlinabramerlin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just had my alchemy experience freeze at 7200 - was about to get to level 11 but that wasnt to be.
    Is there any solution / fix for this please?
    Cheer.
    /cirioff

nope welcome to the Oubliette....
    untitled.png?t=1370827869
  • Options
    ardirionardirion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Add one more stuck alchemist to an ever growing list.
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Still can't level up Alchemy because of this bug. Getting quite pissed off now. No response in game from GM, no indication that I've seen that it is being addressed.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    qwkslvrqwkslvr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here.... BUMP please patch. Collected via gateway now bugged.
  • Options
    romanodogromanodog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bump for da fix
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Over a month and this still isn't fixed??

Urm. OK. Cryptic - can you please add Gateway to your QA cycle? Please?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, I just did my professions (except alchemy, of course) and collected ardent coins for over two weeks now without actually playing the game. I might very well give up on Cryptic, Perfect World and Neverwinter. Such an obvious and easy to fix bug is not addressed at all... why should I spend even more time with this game, where I might get stucked elsewhere without a fix? Or do they just wait long enough to offer the option to get unstuck by spending Zen?

Poor display of customer care. Very poor.
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Today's bump from me. 19,200xp out of 19,200xp. Cannot get to LVl14.

For reference, PW Support, a generic impersonal and irrelevant email does not constitute customer support.

Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    dezreth1dezreth1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Huge new patch posted. Nothing about this fix. Not even a post anywhere to tell us it's still on the board.

I'm running out of rationalizations for this development team. Very, very disappointing.
  • Options
    jkvansteenisjkvansteenis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting scared reading all this here.

Just collected my level up for alchemy via the gateway as well.
    Didn't think this was still an issue.

I did level up from 2 to 3.
    So am i safe now ?
    No chance to log into game client here at work, so i use the gateway a lot just to keep the jobs going.
    Earn free UGC Gamecards for ZEN here with better rates than free PWI zen
    Current chars : Malignant@jkvansteenis - LVL60 TR on Beholder
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting scared reading all this here.

Just collected my level up for alchemy via the gateway as well.
    Didn't think this was still an issue.

I did level up from 2 to 3.
    So am i safe now ?
    No chance to log into game client here at work, so i use the gateway a lot just to keep the jobs going.

Early on, I used Gateway for levelling Alchemy just like other professions and encountered no problems at all. I stopped doing this as a preventative measure when all these reports started rolling in, and now only collect the results of research when I can be in-game.

I suspect the randomness of the bug is why it's so difficult to nail down a fix for it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    coldfire473coldfire473 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's a temporary fix for it until you can nail down the exact cause: put in a 18 hour, level 1 recipe that grants a single exp point and nothing else. No one is going to use it to try to level up Alchemy unless they are affected by this bug and my guess is most people wouldn't care if you never found a permanent fix if you had this work-around implemented. Because a month with no further progress on this issue that affects so many people is absolutely crazy.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi PW, 24/7/13 still stuck, cannot level Alc.

Any news on this?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Here's a temporary fix for it until you can nail down the exact cause: put in a 18 hour, level 1 recipe that grants a single exp point and nothing else. No one is going to use it to try to level up Alchemy unless they are affected by this bug and my guess is most people wouldn't care if you never found a permanent fix if you had this work-around implemented. Because a month with no further progress on this issue that affects so many people is absolutely crazy.

This one is old and has been offered as a solution multiple times in this thread. Obviously, this is too difficult. They surely would have done so already, if they could implement such a complex code into this fragile game construct...
  • Options
    romanodogromanodog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bump again, still stuck...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just noticed it is not just an alchemy bug. I had the same issue with tailoring. It is just easier to fix with the other professions because the majority of the tasks give XP.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I just noticed it is not just an alchemy bug. I had the same issue with tailoring. It is just easier to fix with the other professions because the majority of the tasks give XP.

That's quite interesting. Without mouseover info, I always assumed when the XP bar looked full but hadn't kicked over that I was simply close but not quite there.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    komodoonekomodoone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 64
    edited July 2013
    I am stuck too.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That's quite interesting. Without mouseover info, I always assumed when the XP bar looked full but hadn't kicked over that I was simply close but not quite there.

And yet again one thing that is well known for weeks. It is a Gateway bug, surely, making Alchemy the only real vulnerable profession as you can't gain xp without doing researches. And you can't get the needed scrolls to research once you finished that research. That's the trap we all fell in.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Right, that I get, but I've avoided getting stuck with alchemy. I was talking about other professions, where as soon as I make something else, I'll get the level I maybe should have already gotten. Like dardove said, it doesn't matter when pretty much everything gives you XP, and being a few points under or over where the level-up is supposed to occur isn't blatantly obvious.

It hadn't occurred to me that it could happen with other professions, but there are no game-breaking repercussions to it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    dezreth1dezreth1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From the new patch notes:

"•Alchemy: Fix for rare case where some people who were unable to continue leveling Alchemy."

Hallelujah. But 'rare case'? Really? Can't they just own up to the problem without trying to make it seem like it wasn't that big a deal? Truly bad form, devs.
  • Options
    thezenmonkeythezenmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As long as it's fixed, I couldn't care less if they blame the whole thing on ME.

"I'm movin on up -- mooovin on up...!"