Options

Gateway Alchemy Bug

Comments

• Options
    bekey2ndbekey2nd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    -sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip-
  • Options
    morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 with this problem. I'm stuck too. Would love an update!
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We're investigating the issue. Thanks for all the reports, everyone!

I'm glad we have an official response.
  • Options
    dspawn255dspawn255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hurray another victim to the gateway stuck xp bar. Currently at 7200 xp level 10 did not become lvl 11.
  • Options
    groundzero86groundzero86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dezreth1 wrote: »
    Hello ,

I understand you have a gameplay inquiry. Here are some resources that you have at your disposal:

Our Neverwinter forums: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forum.php

Our Neverwinter Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki

Here at Customer Service, we work with players who have gameplay problems such as being stuck in the terrain or harassed by another player.

Actual in-game strategies, NPC locations, item uses, etc.. are things that we leave up to the players to figure out themselves, so that they can enjoy the experience of discovery and become more capable players in the process.

If you are reporting a bug, please use the in game bug report feature rather than Request GM Help.

Thank you for this feedback and we hope to see you in game soon!

----

Another +1 stuck between levels. I likewise received the same canned response with my issue marked as solved without having fixed the problem.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ARGH... so now i cant even level alchemy.... i have nothing left to do in this game anymore....

Not to mention they have had over a week to fix this. They close tickets as solved withotu fixing it.

I give up on this game... iv reached my limit.
  • Options
    dargathidargathi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I did some testing, and um... I'm now Level 4 on both my characters (slow going) One toon on Gateway only, one toon In game only

It seems to me like the Basic Alchemy Knowledge is a RANDOM reward from the Experimentation...

I've received several via gateway and in game, but to no discernible pattern.. at one point I thought it was every third Experimentation, went 4 without getting a single one, then got two in a row (both via Gateway).

Personally If It is random then I think that sucks, we already have to do a heck of a loot just to be able to perform experimentation, making it a chance that we get what we need is a bit cruel...

MP
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yea. The Basic Alchemy Knowledge doesn't drop on every Experimentation.
    RNG. Gotta love it.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There must be some other factor. I do most of my tasks through the gateway, and I know for sure that I have finished some of the xp-gathering tasks through the gateway, and levelled up just fine - currently at 14.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This didn't happen until 17-18 for me. In any case, thanks to the staff for letting us know that they are investigating.
  • Options
    boomfoxxyboomfoxxy Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Add me to the list! Alchemy bugged at lvl2...
  • Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am stuck at level 14 and can not advance to 15

I got one of these fun "support answers" as well...
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ohm update, the problems started for me with the cursed 27th patch of last month
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    groundzero86groundzero86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    There must be some other factor. I do most of my tasks through the gateway, and I know for sure that I have finished some of the xp-gathering tasks through the gateway, and leveled up just fine - currently at 14.

I use the gateway a lot as well. Either they've fixed the bug, but not the characters affected by it, or the problem is intermittent. I have five characters with some level in Alchemy, three of which I'm actively trying to level up, and only one got stuck between levels. On the one that got stuck, I've tried 40-50 experimentation tasks since hoping to produce additional scrolls, but have yet to produce any.
  • Options
    dougenheimdougenheim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the same issue with both of my characters... yes I fell into the same trap twice. I didn't notice on the first character and then did the second one before I realized what had happened.
    I use the gateway all the time while at work between tech support calls. Hopefully this is high enough on their radar to make a fix on the next patch.
  • Options
    ny1ajny1aj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not Fixed I just got stuck this morning. at LVL 8/9 at least by reading this I now know not to wast my time tying the experiments to bump me to the next LVL.
  • Options
    weberfnweberfn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just got stuck yesterday at level (15) after using the gateway. When I turned in (15) Alchemical Research, I did not advance to level (16), the bar is stuck at full (38,400) and level (15). I can not get more from (15) experimentation, so I'm stuck. Thank you for looking into this issue.
  • Options
    whelbenwhelben Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still stuck and Patch Notes do not indicate any solution.

Please fix it soon, i've spend a lot of bucks to Profession packs and can't advance!

//regards
  • Options
    alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    whelben wrote: »
    Still stuck and Patch Notes do not indicate any solution.

Well, they said they were looking into it.. not that they would fix it anytime soon. As long as not even the preview patchnotes say anything about alchemy there is nothing to hope for in a new live patch. And even if it's fixed on preview it will take some time for it to go live. They have to properly test stuff there so that nothing serious happens on the live servers.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    alagos77 wrote: »
    Well, they said they were looking into it.. not that they would fix it anytime soon. As long as not even the preview patchnotes say anything about alchemy there is nothing to hope for in a new live patch. And even if it's fixed on preview it will take some time for it to go live. They have to properly test stuff there so that nothing serious happens on the live servers.. :rolleyes:
    everything seems to bug upon entry to the live servers...I dont think they test anything...starting to get a little annoyed with this game...so much to love about it but its all covered with so much to hate!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ill wait only until after this patch... why should i keep getting punished by their bugs that they absolutely ignore. While others are goign to 20 im stil lstuck at 10 - so PERHAPS in a month, when <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fixed and i reach 20 - anythign worth crafting has dropped 20x in price already so its worthless.
  • Options
    gharetgharet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You've been "investigating" for several days now. Is there any chance we could get a progress update? Are we looking at many more days of being stuck? Weeks? Months? I'm sure we'd all appreciate some visibility. Thanks.

PROGRESS UPDATE: Not fixed with this patch either. You're welcome.
  • Options
    solsticechildesolsticechilde Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess you get what you pay for... *sigh*
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    even worse... i came to check if it was fixed.. and i also noticed i have this.... unusual profile pic at forums... this isnt me Oo
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't collect AD in gateway either, you won't get x2.
  • Options
    megerkomegerko Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We're investigating the issue. Thanks for all the reports, everyone!

investigating that?
    I can not be in the game 24 hours a day, I go to work through the browser
    and I've got such a same failure.

Please first help players with this problem, and then investigate it as you like.

OhNKpbK.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    megerko wrote: »
    investigating that?

Please first help players with this problem, and then investigate it as you like.
    Welcome to the party, pal... 2 weeks, 3000 views and all we get is "we are investigating". Maybe if we offered to PAY for help we'd get their attention, because we clearly don't have it now.
  • Options
    alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    megerko wrote: »
    investigating that?

Could you please refrain from posting your highlevel alchemy screenshots? Some of us are stuck at lvl 2 or 3 for weeks so please take that into consideration the next time you want to show your bugged lvl 19 alchemy :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The points I think we're all trying to make here are these:
    1.) There IS a bug. I'm sure there are some people who just don't have the correct mats, or misunderstand the advancement mechanic, but aside from that, there IS a problem here.

2.) There are a lot of us who are affected by this. Almost 10 pages of posts now, well over 3000 views... Clearly there are a good number of people who are interested in seeing this issue resolved. Some of us were affected at low levels, some at high, but we ALL deserve a resolution.

3.) We expected a better response time than two weeks (or more, since in those two weeks we've only received one vague comment about "investigating"). If you've found the problem, but are having difficulties in solving it, TELL US THAT! You're silence makes us feel as if our issue is unimportant and relegated to the "back burner".

4.) If you can't solve the problem, at lease provide a temporary fix for those of us who are stuck. How hard would it be to add an alchemy task which rewards us with 10 alchemy exp and forces the advancement tracker to re-evaluate if we have crested a level cap?

All we're asking here is for the ability to play your game the way we want to play it. Please help us.

-Signed, the affected
  • Options
    myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hate to be the one to say it in these terms but....

From what I have observed, until they notice it costing them money they won't fix it. Since we can't "cancel our subscriptions" there is no tangible way for them to see revenue loss from this bug so by default it will be back burner material. But look, they introduced new mounts on the Zen store!