test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Community] Review Request Thread (Forms/Spreadsheets)

Comments

• Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Thank @ash4ll for the great job you have done,. for us all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • Options
    mehrrmehrr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi there Mehrr.

I remember chatting to you in-game (Foundry) the other day, and I recall saying I would play/review your quest.

So I did; I have just played your quest and sent you a PM with feedback.

For the record: some of those areas were visually stunning.

All The Best

I appreciate a lot ^^. Let me know if you need any review.
  • Options
    zagnar1zagnar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    ash4ll wrote: »
    @kris - your will is done, but do have in mind - people are gonna make typo's of your quest name, therefore searching the spreadsheet for your quest via ctrl+f might be not so fun.

@mehrr - fill in the form in first post, review a couple of quests and I'm sure someone will review your quest

@redneckronin - It's well appreciated that you're helpful :) This community needs people like you.

PS. I'm updating list daily, although it happens when I'm online. I'm in CEST time zone, so when you apply at 9PM, it's 7AM at my place :P

EDIT:

Just wanted to say, that I'm going to sleep early, so I applied sorting already, deleted 2 quests (they are all here). There are 3 more due to deletion, but I'll give them time, til my morning.

Have a nice evening!

I didn't realize I was already up for deletion. I will review a few more quests now.

Also, I would like to put a second one up:

The Planar Rescue
    Short Code: NW-DIQ4VNRDU

This is a combat oriented pseudo-dungeon crawl. I created the elemental planes of water, fire and earth. It should play like a somewhat straightforward dungeon crawl, but with an environmental twist.

If I can only have one up, I wouldn't mind putting the new one up first, since I think it has overall more potential than my first quest.

Thanks.

The Planar Rescue
    The Hands of Jorath

Short Code: NW-DSJ437GPU

• Options
    remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey all, I am looking for more reviews on my quest, The Crucible Challenge. If anyone is interested to trade reviews, my quest is an arena style dungeon run suitable for solo and party play.

*Currently there is a known bug that happens with CW and Cleric Knockback/Push skills. When testing, I strongly advise not trying to push mobs out of arena as there is no way to kill creatures that fall down into the pit. If anyone knows of something that can act as a kill volume, please let me know.

QUEST NAME: The Crucible Challenge
    QUEST ID: NW-DR7WBOLM6
    DURATION: 25-40 min
    GAMEPLAY: Arena / Story / Combat

QUEST INFO:

This quest takes players into a hidden underground chamber known as "The Crucible" located deep within the Sword Mountains. Filled with wonderous treasures and mosters from all around the world, The Crucuble pits players against some of the thoughest foes of Neverwinter. Adventurers that seek hidden treasure and challenge may dare to come alone or bring a group with them to a gladiatorial deathmatch to the top. Those who have the courage to defeat all levels of The Crucible Challenge may find a hidden treasure waiting for them at the end.

The Crucible Challenge currently has thirty waves of unique encounters for players to fight against and offers new environments to explore.
  • Options
    xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey all, I am looking for more reviews on my quest, The Crucible Challenge. If anyone is interested to trade reviews, my quest is an arena style dungeon run suitable for solo and party play.

*Currently there is a known bug that happens with CW and Cleric Knockback/Push skills. When testing, I strongly advise not trying to push mobs out of arena as there is no way to kill creatures that fall down into the pit. If anyone knows of something that can act as a kill volume, please let me know.

QUEST NAME: The Crucible Challenge
    QUEST ID: NW-DR7WBOLM6
    DURATION: 25-40 min
    GAMEPLAY: Arena / Story / Combat

QUEST INFO:

This quest takes players into a hidden underground chamber known as "The Crucible" located deep within the Sword Mountains. Filled with wonderous treasures and mosters from all around the world, The Crucuble pits players against some of the thoughest foes of Neverwinter. Adventurers that seek hidden treasure and challenge may dare to come alone or bring a group with them to a gladiatorial deathmatch to the top. Those who have the courage to defeat all levels of The Crucible Challenge may find a hidden treasure waiting for them at the end.

The Crucible Challenge currently has thirty waves of unique encounters for players to fight against and offers new environments to explore.

I'll have to make sure to check this out in the morning. ^^ Make sure to sign up on the forms using the links in the first post! Also, you can't get on the list until you do at least one review. (And give feedback for that review using the form that is also linked in the first post)
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    EDIT:

@remorselord - read first post. Reviewing in this thread is obligatory. As soon as you post any feedback (or simply stars) I'll put you on the list.

@mehr - read first post. Fill in the form and review some quests.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Review Submitted for: The Planar Rescue
  • Options
    togofartogofar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thimbleton Estate updated looking for a few re-reviews. Busy RL over the next few days but will review more as I get a chance. Thank you for the input so far :)
  • Options
    zagnar1zagnar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    I noticed that I have two reviews in the feedback spreadsheet. However, in-game my quest only has 1 review and 2 plays. It should have a third play because the first one was myself testing the map. The only review in-game was from @avistar001. Not sure what happened to the other review.

The Planar Rescue
    The Hands of Jorath

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Hmm, I wonder if its because I was publishing a change to the quest when they reviewed/played it. Would that affect things? I have been tweaking things, mostly aesthetics, on an ongoing basis. Currently, for example, I am trying to improve my elemental plane of air. I just don't like how air came out overall, trying to come up with ways to make it feel like magical debris floating in a big open cloud. Its the shortest of my elemental planes so I wanted it to look cool.

The Planar Rescue
    The Hands of Jorath

• Options
    mezrellamezrella Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zagnar1 wrote: »
    I noticed that I have two reviews in the feedback spreadsheet. However, in-game my quest only has 1 review and 2 plays. It should have a third play because the first one was myself testing the map. The only review in-game was from @avistar001. Not sure what happened to the other review.

Maybe they lied! .. or just didn't finish it. I know I have reviewed a few that I was unable to finish, but I state so and why. I haven't gotten to yours yet. I start from the top every day and go down. My head hurt from yesterday, so today I only did one :(
    (the way I review a quest takes about 3 hours each) ... I will do it tomorrow, pinky swear <3
    The Second Coming
    Act 1: A Family Affair - NW-DH7J6B8V2
    Act 2.1 and Act 2.2 Coming soon!
  • Options
    avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    @mezrella - thank you for the review, you made my day ;)

~Avi~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
    Member:
    Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, the reviews seem very thorough, so I guess they weren't lying :)

Besides, you all are doing a great job, I haven't thought people would be reviewing with so much text. Sheesh, I might have to change the implementation of our system into some kind of web page.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    avistar001 wrote: »
    @mezrella - thank you for the review, you made my day ;)

~Avi~

You made my day by making something so AWESOME... about to make my husband play it now!!
    The Second Coming
  • Options
    avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    Yay! (haven't published fixes yet from your review but working on it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
    Member:
    Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Anyone know how long is the wait period before a thread can be started?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's around 5 days afaik.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ash4ll wrote: »
    I haven't thought people would be reviewing with so much text.

Sorry.. :P And thank you so much for taking time out of your day to do this. Stellar idea! We needed this.
    The Second Coming
  • Options
    snaffexsnaffex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looking for a few reviews please. Title & Code in sig.
    Just a little made up story.

Also feel free to send me your codes for a review.
    THE APPRENTICE

NW-DON8KZR28
  • Options
    midnightsighmidnightsigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone know, is sound glitched? I have sound in every area and lotsa people have told me they don't hear anything....if it makes a difference, it's primarily ambience, some sound effects, and a little music...anyone else having the problem? I have to play with sound fairly low so I never hear much of anything when I play.....so I honestly don't know if other missions I've played have the same problem.....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sounds should work. That's all I know.
    If you want, I can put a note in quest description asking for feedback regarding sounds. Or rather write your own quest comment so I'll replace it.

@snaffex - sigh...

Anyone knows how to force people to read first post?
  • Options
    midnightsighmidnightsigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol XD I wish I knew how to force people to read stuff...it would help a lot sometimes

....but yeah, if you could add that to the description, that would be great-cause I can't fix it if I don't know for sure they're broken...I know ambiance is very quiet on my computer-so I'd rather know if that's all it is or they just aren't working

<3
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I had alot of issues with sound and visual effects in my quest which I sort of managed to fix by using markers. It seems that in some cases the sound / music doesn't work after you publish if you specified a sound for each room in the layout view. What I had to do was setup markers that trigger music and sounds when players walk through them. I tried other ways of doing it, but they all seemed to break after publish. I also noticed that having certain effects near the sound object in the game can really mess up sound in the whole room. I spent a couple days just figuring out what works and what doesn't. It seems like a case by case problem that you need to tinker with to fix.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I had alot of issues with sound and visual effects in my quest which I sort of managed to fix by using markers. It seems that in some cases the sound / music doesn't work after you publish if you specified a sound for each room in the layout view. What I had to do was setup markers that trigger music and sounds when players walk through them. I tried other ways of doing it, but they all seemed to break after publish. I also noticed that having certain effects near the sound object in the game can really mess up sound in the whole room. I spent a couple days just figuring out what works and what doesn't. It seems like a case by case problem that you need to tinker with to fix.

Thanks for the idea-I'll try using triggers when I finish this massive list of updates for the next publish XD
  • Options
    lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys thanks for all your help. My quest qualifies for daily now, so you can take it out now :).
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If you wish so, lumicakery :)

@nightmareoftruth - updated shortcode, quest name and quest description as you requested.

@teallach - I removed your post regarding nightmareoftruth's quest, quest should be now playable. Have fun :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I had some issues in The Hands of Jorath with sound. Here is what I discovered about interior maps:

The layout sounds are audible from the next room over - don't use them for music.

MANY of the FX objects have a sound. Rain, snow, wind, waterfalls, fire, dynamic light braziers. All of these things make noise and contribute to the aural experience.

Some sound objects have a radius. Pay attention to this because the sound will fade in and out based on proximity to the location of the sound. However, a sound object for music seems to be audible from the entire map, at least on a small map like mine.

Sounds can be set to deactivate or activate on markers, completion of encounters, or quest objectives in progress / complete etc.

In a way the foundry kind of forces you to use a sound canvas that changes as the quest progresses OR just stick with one music for the whole map. What I did for my quest was keep it simple. I had the music change based on quest objectives. Each music I used was set to trigger on a different objective in progress and end when the objective was complete. I actually put all my music objects in the middle of the map next to each other, in order, so I could easily edit the music for my map. This let me do a few things:

Music for when you first arrive and you are surrounded by friendly guards.
    Music for the crypt itself.
    Battle Music for the boss.
    Victory music for defeating the boss.
    The original music once everything is "safe" now that Jorath is dead.

Hope this helps.

The Planar Rescue
    The Hands of Jorath

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I have changed the sorting algorythm for review me list. Now it's quest^2/day and it feels much more fair toward people that review a lot.
  • Options
    delrachniddelrachnid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    Morning all,

I'm heading into work but would love if anyone could check out my first quest attempt. I threw in alot of story based dialogue, effects, and triggers to try and make my first effort substantial. Would love some constructive criticism from the experts :)

It's called the Path of the Fallen - NW-DS7O3HFAC

Much appreciated and I'd be happy to review in return!

~Del
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Heh, at least you have excuse for not reading first post.
This discussion has been closed.