test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Review Request Thread (Forms/Spreadsheets)

Comments

• mezrellamezrella Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok so now that I have figured out how my system and internet will handle video reviews I am offering them to you guys. I rather keep them just attached to this forum as I know the hard work Ashally has put in to making this happen. I also, at this time, don’t want to get bombarded with the general public. If they want a review then they can attach themselves to this forum, it gives me something to do and it helps Ashally keep a steady flow coming in. If your quest is NOT attached to this forum I will be unable to review it at this time.

The hope is once my adventure is finished on this board I will have my next one ready for review. So I will be able to keep a steady steam going through this format alone.

Why do I want to do this? I like helping people, that is the bottom line. I know how difficult it is to make something feel unique, I know how many hours go in to this stuff, and I know sometimes you get so wrapped up in your own environments that little things may fall through the cracks.

The Disclaimer: (so I don’t have to say it every video every time) …

**If you are offended by foul language, this is not for you. I do have a tendency to speak in a manner not befitting of a lady, because well I am NOT a lady. It is very possible that you will hear many words which many people may find taboo. (Sometimes strings of them together) For this reason all videos should be considered rated R.**

**Nothing I say, in any way, is meant to be offensive, so please do not take it that way. I sometimes can be very blunt and come across as a B@#CH. I have no internal filter. Please be aware of this and know that I am doing this with the up most respect for my fellow authors. By this I mean I will in no way belittle you, purposefully; however I may say something that you may see as harsh. (If you are soft)**
    While going through your quest I will not be reading text out loud. You are the author you know what it says, so for story heavy quests there may be a lot of down time. However you will get honest reaction to your dialogue this way. So if you crack a joke and I don’t laugh you know I didn’t find it funny. This will also give you a since of how long reading your dialogue takes a normal player.

There are three things I will be looking at :

StoryHow well it flows, your dialogue, and since of direction. I am not the best person to find grammar and spelling errors but if I do notice them I will point them out. I also touch everything, if it has something to read on it, I will read it. Also I will talk about quest objectives and puzzles.

Build
    This to me is the heart of the adventure. Many find the story the heart I find the build the heart. I think it is possible to tell more with the atmosphere than words. I also have a BFA in animation and visual effects with an emphasis in game design, so I went to Uni for 5 years to be able to build and design games for the rest of my life. However I moved to Australia and the game industry here is dead. Because of this back ground, I notice little things. Here I will help you with placement, lighting, atmosphere, glitches, detailing and anything else I can find.

Combat All adventures will be soloed on a 9500 gear score, level 60 TR. You will see the combat from my perspective. I will point out things as I notice them.

SO! If you would like me to do your review as a video review please let me know, either in these forums or in a PM. If I have already done a review for you and you would like me to go back over it in a video, I am more than happy to do so, just know that yours may get pushed back in favor of ones I have not already reviewed.

All video links will be PM’d to the author via Private message through the forums. Once you, the author have reviewed the information I have provided, you are welcome to do whatever you wish with the video, if you like I can also remove it after wards.

One last note – due to my internet being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in Australia it may take longer than normal for me to upload. There for it could be a few days before your video is ready. There is nothing I can do about this. :(

PS. I do also have a twitch account, where I can do a live stream review. This would be the easiest and fast way to get a detailed review. However due to my time zone we would need to discuss a time that would be suitable for us both. In this format we could discuss things on the fly as well. If you would like this done please PM me and we will discuss a time to do it.
    The Second Coming
    Act 1: A Family Affair - NW-DH7J6B8V2
    Act 2.1 and Act 2.2 Coming soon!
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps I don't understand how this works, but a few days ago I filled out a form to have one of my quests reviewed. I never saw it on the list. Not sure why, just an FYI.
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elcymerian wrote: »
    Perhaps I don't understand how this works, but a few days ago I filled out a form to have one of my quests reviewed. I never saw it on the list. Not sure why, just an FYI.

As it says on the first post, your quest won't be put on the list until you review one that's on the list. :3
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    elcymerian wrote: »

Once you've applied, review quest from the "Review me" list

"sorry xpurpleinsanityx , did not see your post"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • rogu3ishrogu3ish Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2013
    Is there any way I can modify the description of my quest? I've updated it quite a bit thanks to the awesome feedback of the reviews so far. I'd like to make it more descriptive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Felling the Forgemaster: NW-DOHCJ5VE3 (Elligible for Foundry Daily)
    Fleshrend's Big Adventure: NW-DBWJJYFDK
    (Elligible for Foundry Daily)
    edited July 2013
    If you have been reading @ash4ll is getting married today, so he can't update a lot of the things for this reason. not sure if the site has any other admins.,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

-=-
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mezrella wrote: »
    Ok so now that I have figured out how my system and internet will handle video reviews I am offering them to you guys. I rather keep them just attached to this forum as I know the hard work Ashally has put in to making this happen. I also, at this time, don’t want to get bombarded with the general public. If they want a review then they can attach themselves to this forum, it gives me something to do and it helps Ashally keep a steady flow coming in. If your quest is NOT attached to this forum I will be unable to review it at this time.

I sent you a pm Mez.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @mezrella I just added a new build of my quest to include companion support and would be cool if you could run through my quest whenever you have the time. If you do get the time, try out both types of companions; support and tanks. See which ones fit your playstyle more. Thanks.

Quest is in my sig.
    edited July 2013
    @mezrella I just added a new build of my quest to include companion support and would be cool if you could run through my quest whenever you have the time. If you do get the time, try out both types of companions; support and tanks. See which ones fit your playstyle more. Thanks.

Quest is in my sig.

Yup. No worries man. Make sure you get it back in the spreadsheets. Ashally is getting married so the "review me" section wont be updated, but the Feedback section is auto updated, so once I see your name pop up there I will know you have done your duty :P

Do you want a video done, Live stream, Vent party run through (if on Dragon) or just detailed written review?
    The Second Coming
  • remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @ mezrella, I am not sure what duty you are talking about as my quest is already in the list. It's very easy to miss it as it's only got one review. I'd love to do a vent play but my character is on the Beholder unfortunately. If you could do a video that would be great, but anything that you feel needs to be said I don't mind a written review. I ran this quest as a 36TR with no issues, but that might be different for lvl 60's.
    edited July 2013
    @ mezrella, I am not sure what duty you are talking about as my quest is already in the list. It's very easy to miss it as it's only got one review. I'd love to do a vent play but my character is on the Beholder unfortunately. If you could do a video that would be great, but anything that you feel needs to be said I don't mind a written review. I ran this quest as a 36TR with no issues, but that might be different for lvl 60's.

Your quest has fallen off of the board. You only reviewed one quest therefor you only stayed on the board for 2 days. It is 2 day per review you do. So you will need to go through the process again to get back on the board. If you want to stay on the board, then you must review other people's quests. :D
    The Second Coming
  • casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I applied for this a few days ago now, I did a review straight after... I don't see my quest on the list. I plan more, but not until I see this working as intended.

Is there a waiting time to be added?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
    edited July 2013
    casekuk wrote: »
    I applied for this a few days ago now, I did a review straight after... I don't see my quest on the list. I plan more, but not until I see this working as intended.

@ash4ll is getting married, so he can't update a lot of the things for this reason. not sure if the site has any other admins.,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=-
    edited July 2013
    casekuk wrote: »

Ash will be able to update it all when they get back. :)

Did you happen to see the reply I posted to you about your review? (I also sent you a private message)
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hey there, I'm drunk :) Applied sorting, updated "review me" list. Didn't delete anything, because I'm too good.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
    edited July 2013
    ash4ll wrote: »
    Hey there, I'm drunk :) Applied sorting, updated "review me" list. Didn't delete anything, because I'm too good.

XDDDD Congrats again. :3
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congrats on your marriage Ash... I didnt know, I do apologise :)

Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congrats on getting married.

Have requested my latest quest to be added to the review trade, and have submitted two reviews as well.

If you could update when you recover / get back it would be cool.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited July 2013
    ash4ll,

Is there any way I can update the description of my quest? Despite being third on the list I've only gotten a few reviews, and I'm thinking a better description might make it more attractive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• zagnar1zagnar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    rogu3ish wrote: »
    ash4ll,

Is there any way I can update the description of my quest? Despite being third on the list I've only gotten a few reviews, and I'm thinking a better description might make it more attractive.

Did I review your quest yet? If not I will check it out later when I get home (or tommorow if I get home too late).

The Planar Rescue
    The Hands of Jorath

Short Code: NW-DIQ4VNRDU
    Short Code: NW-DSJ437GPU

edited July 2013
    zagnar1 wrote: »
    Did I review your quest yet? If not I will check it out later when I get home (or tommorow if I get home too late).

I don't see an entry in the form responses. I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on it. I've made some significant changes based on earlier reviews, and I'm not sure anyone has played it since.

I'm also now deep into detailing the second quest in the campaign, (one map of which is a really complicated multi-level village) so any general feedback or suggestions would be great so I can incorporate those ideas before I get too far along.

I've already reviewed The Planar Rescue, but I'll take a look at The Hands of Jorath too when I get home tonight. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rogu3ish wrote: »
    ash4ll,

Of course! I just updated FAQ so that it contains following question:
    Q: I'd like to change some informations regarding my quest, eg. comment, quest name, short code. What should I do?
    A: There are 2 ways: contact me via PM or on this forum with informations regarding what would you like to change OR you can apply again. I update informations in the spreadsheet according to the informations you have posted in "I need reviews" form.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • delrachniddelrachnid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    Sent you a couple of PMs Ash. I know you're probably catching up so just want to make sure you got them :)
    edited July 2013
    @rogu3ish

Have played your quest, left an in-game review, and sent detailed feedback via PM.

Really enjoyed your quest.

All The Best

edited July 2013
    @rogu3ish

Hey man if you want me to, I am happy to go back through and see if there is anything I can spot. Up to you, I am sure you know by now I am pretty thorough (when it comes to build). Let me know :D
    The Second Coming
  • silverjazesilverjaze Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would love some feedback on my first quest "An Undeadly Invitation" short code NW-DII4PH3ZS. Definitely not as visually stunning as some that I've seen, but I had a lot of fun making it and look forward to using what I know to make something better. It's not long, only about 20 minutes, and pretty light-hearted. Thanks!
  • lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Royal Betrayal
    Author: Lightbringer1102
    Campaign
    Q1:Lord's bounty
    ID: NW-DJJ5YG3H2
    Tag:#Balanced/Combat/Hard, story

I would love some feedback, I've been playing foundry quests to level up since I hit level 25. Most of them are more fun then the game's quest itself. This is my first quest and foundry experience, please if there is any advice tell me, but try it first. I love combat in my quests, so be prepared. I'm going to make this a long campaign, and almost finished part 2.
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
    edited July 2013
    See the first page to add your quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=-
  • silverjazesilverjaze Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    See the first page to add your quest.

Ah, thanks! This is really quite impressive.
    edited July 2013
    Have just reviewed "Retaliation NW-DNG6BTL9C" by @sarkany69.

Feedback form completed and PM sent.

All The Best

This discussion has been closed.