Hey there, Ashally here.
I'm browsing this board for like one month and found out that amount of threads stating "my quest needs reviews til it's eligible, will trade" or "need feedback, pliaz halp" is too darn high. So, why not one sticky (or forever bumped) with permanent flow of quests needing review?
For some time there was lack of action within this thread, so I'd like to redirect you to some initiative that I highly approve and seems to work: Scribe's enclave
. Before I make changes to the current system feel free to use Scribe's enclave.
I might not return here (I hope otherwise though), but wanted at least give newcomers a slight knowledge.
Of course, you can still provide feedback to people here on the list but my updating schedule of review me list might be slightly longer than usual.
If you'd still like to use this thread follow those rules:
- Use first link to apply
- Use second link to obtain quests that you can playthrough.
Other links should be helpful too.
Here are the links:
FORM - I need reviews/plays!
SPREADSHEET - Play me!
FORM - Give feedback on quest
SPREADSHEET - Feedbacks
STATISTICS - How long til my quest is gone?
- Use the first form to apply
- Once you've applied, review quest from the "Play me" list
- Posting feedback is obligatory
- After you review and post feedback in 2nd form I'll put your quest into the "Play me" list.
- You have 3 days to review again if you want to keep your quest on the list
- If you review a couple of quests in the row, your quests existence in "Play me" will be extended by another 2 days additively. Eg. you reviewed 4 quests, your quest will stay here for 8 days.
FAQ:Q: Do I have to post full feedback of the quest?
A: No! If everything was said in quest review, simply fill in the number of stars you've put to the quest. I need to know it so that I can keep track on how long should I keep your quest in tab.Q: I added feedback, where did it go?
A: It's here
. It will go there immediately or after a while, depending on google serversQ: I want to have 2 of my quests to be reviewed. What should I do?
A: I want to keep this thread fair. I can't double your gains because you put two quests. Time limit would apply to only one quest. There are 3 possible solutions:
1) Use two slightly different nicks for your quests. That way you'll accumulate uptime for either of quests
2) Put one quest at a time. After the time has elapsed insert second quest and I'll "restart" timer.
3) Again, put one quest at a time. After some time ask me to change the quest to another one (with provided short code etc.)Q: My quests time has elapsed, but I want it back! What do I do?
A: Fill in the form again (your quest info has landed here
) and review a couple of quests.Q: What if someone sends anonymous flame?
A: I delete it, no worries.Q: When using spreadsheet I was asked to login to my gmail account. Do I have to do that?
A: No, just reload the page. Logging in to your gmail and leaving "allways be logged in" is more convenient, since it won't ask anymore.Q: I added my feedback, but it doesn't want to show in the spreadsheet? What is happening?
A: It's unfortunate way how google forms work. Data is stored first in their summaries, then it's sent to spreadsheets. However if I want to check if you've added any quest, I can simply lookup for your nick in the summaries section.Q: Why can't we check ourselves the summary section?
A: I don't want you to browse between pile of useless data. However if you wish to see it, here
is the link.Q: Someone has written feedback about my quest but didn't actually play it.
A: Report it to me, I'll remove him immediately.Q: Why are we using google forms?
A: It's the quickest and one of the easiest tools aviable for free.Q: Can you make "review me" and "feedbacks" in the same spreadsheet document?
A: It is done now. Check out the links above.Q: I'd like to change some informations regarding my quest, eg. comment, quest name, short code. What should I do?
A: There are 2 ways: contact me via PM or on this forum with informations regarding what would you like to change OR you can apply again. I update informations in the spreadsheet according to the informations you have posted in "I need reviews" form.Q: Why are you not maintaining this thread?
A: Studies, lack of intrest. If you want, you can help, just ask me via email (not pm) to share the rights to edit spreadsheet files.PS. Waiting for Admins to share API for foundry, so that we can get access to reviews of users and their quests.
Rules for sorting:
- Once you've applied, your quests lies on bottom of the list for 1 day.
- After that one day our quest (reviewed)/day ratio is counted, eg. If you've reviewed 5 quests and 48 hours have elapsed since your first review, you will be at 2.5 ration
- Quests are sorted by this ratio descending.
- List is updated every evening.
What can you read from it:
1) 1 (one) review is not enough for your quest to recieve reviews
2) If you keep steady rate of quests per day, you'll keep your position on list
3) You are rewarded by reviewing a lot of quests when you barely applied
And by barely I mean first few days
Who does it punish:
1) Those that want reviews on the first day of their reviewing trip (therefore gaining ludicrous ratio for simply reviewing 1 quest)
2) Those that want to review a couple of quests and go away (you'll drop down quickly)
1) Those that regularly review
2) Those that review a lot
3) Freshmen that review more than they recieve (they get higher places easier)