test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Community] Review Request Thread (Forms/Spreadsheets)

Comments

• Options
    lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Question. Do I have to be signed in to google mail to put in a review? I cant seem to see the one I put in. Sry if this has been asked, I couldnt find it.
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Darn, I allways forget about it when I write FAQ :) You don't have to, just reload the page.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Id say it needs more adjustments - quests that have got review should be put at the end of the list - to give new quests a chance.

Current pattern lookign at reviews is that people choose only the shortest quest in the top of the table, ignoring the rest.

Also, the quest should be removed from review list if it has got a certain number of reviews already to give room for new ones.

In addition the removal shouldnt apply to quests that were added (the author has reviewed), but still have got 0 reviews from others - to eliminate the i review but wont get anything back situation.

Cap the max number of "days" you can gathe ahead - lets say 15 days (thats 5 quests reviewed), any extra review will only add +1 day in the next 15 day periode.

Date limit (~ 1 month), to make room for new quests instead of keepign months old ones in the list.
  • Options
    hugsfrommommahugsfrommomma Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've submitted my quest, and reviewed a quest, but don't see either on the forms.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Apparently today is not a good day for spreadsheets too :P I checked other source where feedbacks are stored (unfortunatelly its hardly readable, but results seem to be instant)

@adjustments:
    Currently list consists of 13 quests and is up since 8 days. I'm not trying to justify anything, but I think it's too early to change anything. Trends are that those at the top of the list reviewed hell lot more than those that barely applied. They even have more quests/day ratio! Punishing their quests by sending them into the abbyss would be definietly not fair. I might change the rules for how long the quest will stay on the list and about the positioning (definietly more likely, seing that list grows and people on top are taking break).

About removal - At the beggining when I wasn't requiring people to review at least one quest people tended to put their quest and forget about the thread and didn't review anything. So I put down the rules, added mandatory feedback and removed bunch of quests. After that I haven't removed any single quest.
    If the current rules are affecting the interests of reviewers - I'll change them, but currently authors at top are reviewing quests that are on bottom. What is more curious, that authors at bottom are not reviewing quests on the top.
    I'm not going to remove quests from the list just because they recieved certain amount of reviews. Why? Well, perhaps because authors earned their right to be reviewed by others - they proved to be valuable members of community and they deserve it. They may want their quest to be removed (because they started their own thread in UGC section) or that they no longer want to keep reviewing. If not - I'll keep it.

Date limit of one month? Well, no! I may send their quests into the abbyss of list (because their quest/day ratio dropped low), but definietly not remove!

I want to create the community of people that want to review and want them to feel rewarded for their effort. That's why they should be on the list as long as they review, they might take breaks from reviewing, that's why 3 days. They can't feel bad for reviewing couple of quests and get a quest cap, although it would encourage more regular questing.
    I assume that people using this forum have some kind of brain that's why I'm not trying to enforce too much rules. I enforced a lot already.

But I'll defnietly keep your advices in my mind when times change. But your rules are definietly not for today.

PS. What do you people think about 2 days/quest? I know it feels short, but people - you can easily achieve one month of your quest uptime by spending 5 hours of your gametime on playing and reviewing!

PS2. Used formula for google translate in feedback spreadsheet, does it work for any of you? Not for me at least :P
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
  • Options
    xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PS. What do you people think about 2 days/quest? I know it feels short, but people - you can easily achieve one month of your quest uptime by spending 5 hours of your gametime on playing and reviewing!

That seems quite fair in my opinion. I haven't done any reviews today mainly because I was revamping my own quest significantly and have also not been getting reviews back to match the ones I've done. :P Hopefully that will change ^^

You guys shouldn't assume that the people at the top are sitting pretty with massive amounts of reviews...I know I for one am still struggling to get mine looked at, but I'm almost glad for that fact seeing as how I made some massive changes that I believe really added to the quality of my quest significantly :D

As soon as publishing clears on this, I will be doing some more reviews. :)
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is there any way you can make the text on the reviews just a little bigger? It's unreadable to me :S
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I added statistics spreadsheet to help me keep track on number of reviews. It also shows you date of end of reviewing (If I filled in date of first review), quest/day ratio and if I should delete quest on sight. The statistics spreadsheet should automatically fill in with data, the only data I input there is date of first quest.

@up - of course, it simply took too much space for me. It's 6 now, but will change back to 8.
    Repost, if it's still too small.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ash4ll wrote: »
    I added statistics spreadsheet to help me keep track on number of reviews. It also shows you date of end of reviewing (If I filled in date of first review), quest/day ratio and if I should delete quest on sight. The statistics spreadsheet should automatically fill in with data, the only data I input there is date of first quest.

@up - of course, it simply took too much space for me. It's 6 now, but will change back to 8.
    Repost, if it's still too small.

Perfect like that :) Much thanks...the "Review Me!" Page is in need as well :s

Also, thanks for the extra spreadsheets and all the work you're doing to maintain this :) Very kind of you.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Good morning europe!
    - added @aracnakat
    - I have no idea why, but feedbacks form doesn't want to get updated as fast as summary (created by form, not by me). Browsing through it is awful, but it's up-to-date, that's why I can update Review Me before Feedbacks form recieves new quests.
    I wonder if I wipe the sheet will it be faster...? Meanwhile, editing FAQ.
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just updating the list of quests from here I've reviewed so I can keep track. Thanks, everyone! I'm enjoying playing through your adventures!

NW-DH25ZWZ9T -- "A Mysterious Mage"
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ -- "The Dragons Horde"
    [sic]
    NW-DEX09DZDQ -- "Save My Sister"
    NW-DHM7UNNOJ -- "A Bag of Holes"
    NW-DB19TTKY5 -- "Not So Lonely Dagger"
    NW-DSJ437GPU -- "The Hands of Jorath"
    NW-DJULOUSVQ -- "Visitors on Safari"
    NW-DNGIC6AJC -- "Rising of the Dragons"
    NW-DPVY25Z6H -- "A Nice Bar, A Nice Girl"
    (incomplete run)
    NW-DI69VHXWQ -- "Thimbleton Estate"
    NW-DBH4WEHLN -- "The UnderChalice"
    [sic]
    NW-DM2ENNIRJ -- "The Wishing Ceremony" (incomplete run)
    NW-DIQ4VNRDU -- "The Planar Rescue"
    NW-DLTFF8M20 -- "From A Distance"
    (incomplete run; fell through world on respawn)
    NWS-DCK9VFLLD -- "The Magical Creation"
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hmm. I posted a review of "Rising of the Dragons," but it's not showing up on the Feedback spreadsheet. Not sure whether to re-submit it (I've still got my notes), or just wait it out...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have already sorted quests out!
    Seeing the confusion I'll sort it by the time of arrival. That should solve the problems.

EDIT: Now I don't have to add date of beggining, it's added automatically!
  • Options
    trixsterjltrixsterjl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    Good stuff Ash4ll. I look forward to using this. I was going to make a post saying i'd review for people a few a day on my off days but this makes it much easier. PW should really look at what your doing and steal it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well at current rate its still flawed - i feel no reason to review others quest if my own doesnt even get a single review.
    There is somethign wrong if certain number of quests , usually on top get loads of reviews andothers get none at all.
    Even the statistics shows 1 review but there isnt - 2 playthroughs - mine and my friends.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    Well at current rate its still flawed - i feel no reason to review others quest if my own doesnt even get a single review.
    There is somethign wrong if certain number of quests , usually on top get loads of reviews andothers get none at all.
    Even the statistics shows 1 review but there isnt - 2 playthroughs - mine and my friends.

Those statistics aren't how many reviews you've gotten, but how many times YOU have reviewed another quest on the board.

I am personally trying to review all that come available on the list, but not spending ALL my time doing it. I'm giving priority to the ones that have reviewed mine and the ones that are doing more than the 1 required review in general.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So overall its still the glorified "i review yours if you review me" single posts. Perhaps for the same reason the username in the feedback list shouldnt be visible.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So overall its still the glorified "i review yours if you review me" single posts. Perhaps for the same reason the username in the feedback list shouldnt be visible.

No, read...I said that I give PRIORITY to those that have already reviewed me. And, what is so unfair about that? At least with this system it is easy to see who IS reviewing and who is expecting to come through the door and immediately get a ton of reviews without showing participation in the system first.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Im not expecting tons of reviews.. but at least 1:1 ratio.
    I could "play" through another 5-6 missions and still end up with 0 reviews at the end. Simply cuz most of the missions that do get reviews are short: 15-20 min ones that are generally on the top of the list.
    And
    "another 5 days additively. Eg. you reviewed 4 quests, your quest will stay here for 12 days."
    needs a fix to 3 days.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i feel no reason to review others quest if my own doesnt even get a single review.
    Why would anyone want to review your quest, if you aren't reviewing? This thread is about trading. If you wanted to meet minimal requirements, then don't expect much.
    I think that's the definition of trading. As long as it doesn't spam the board, I get it as plus.

I'm trying to figure out the way to sort quests by number of quests reviewed and reviews recieved.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Im not expecting tons of reviews.. but at least 1:1 ratio.
    I could "play" through another 5-6 missions and still end up with 0 reviews at the end. Simply cuz most of the missions that do get reviews are short: 15-20 min ones that are generally on the top of the list.
    And
    "another 5 days additively. Eg. you reviewed 4 quests, your quest will stay here for 12 days."
    needs a fix to 3 days.

If you have so many issues with the system, why are you here? :P As far as I can tell, it's been working great for everyone else...and especially those that are "on the top of the list" have been doling out many reviews.

P.S. Oh, sweet! Just noticed that this became a sticky! :)
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I made a quick report, it needs fixing to be readable, but it can get you a hint of how many reviews do quests get.
    It's here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlyfTc5Eyk6FdEVPSlVwbWRlMVhaSDBZT1FDZzhoNFE#gid=5

And... We're sticky!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    the list is broken somewhat - due to the fact that some peopel use capital letters and some dont.
    You could add a ID column to Review ME and then the results/feedback - then you can collect results based off id so capitalization and typos wont matter.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    NW-DFHDG2BLH
    the finding the artifact
    had a issue i forgot to put into the feedback:
    I never got the chest at the end and once i left the dungeon i was back in protectors enclave with no ingame feedback option. You can walk to The Girl and talk but you have no quest to finish - quest item remains in inv also.
  • Options
    brunomaltabrunomalta Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will be back to review tommorow. Had some problems around here. Sorry for the delay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

Author:@brunomaltasisko

Q1: The Mysterious Mage (NW-DH25ZWZ9T)
    Q2: The Gem of Time (NW-DIV5JX7J3)
    More to Come
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Had my first disappointing review today. Was bound to happen, of course. But still...

qinnux, you gave me 3/5 and mentioned that the quest would be improved with custom undead. Yet every single encounter in the quest is customized. I didn't use a single standard visual, but created new costumes for everything. In fact, ever single mob in each encounter group was customized. If you'll notice, the Acursed are all different shapes and sizes, and have different stances, death animations, etc. There are mini-boss versions as well that have unique visuals (two that wander the town in the fog, and one down one of the path choices in the caves). I even adopted different mob types and animations so that some of the undead down in the caves remain in a kind of hunched-over position and use a "spitting" attack to mix things up with the more melee mobs.

Even the non-undead mobs in the quest were all customized, from the spiders down one of the cave paths to the body shape and proportions of the stone guardian before the final room. The witch has two customized looks -- one that you see when you speak with her, and then one when combat begins as her skin turns blue, her hair goes kind of wild, her eyes glow, etc.

If that wasn't enough, every single townsperson received customization. Unique visuals, and unique chat menus and interactions for every single scene... the women worried in the town, to the men stuck in their cages, to the townsmen heading out of the cave, to the final celebration in the village.

I'm totally cool with just receiving an "average" 3/5 rating for a quest. That's fine. But I was just surprised that, at least from your very brief comments, you seem to have dinged me for lacking something that is actually in the quest in spades.

:(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I had my first disappointing review today as well. A rogue 1-star with no comment. :(

And for the record, I think your customization was brilliantly done, scooter.

Even though the zombie to the right in your sig always creeps me out just a twidge. o.o I dunno why...
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @hugsfrommomma,

Regarding the glitch that you spoke of, I ran through my quest once again to ensure that there were no errors and everything went completely smoothly. There were no goblins stuck in the ground.

As for the encounters...as a lvl 60 solo and not wearing the best gear really (I haven't been playing this game long at all), I managed to blow through them all without even using one potion. I made sure to space them out where you don't have to take them on all at once, so if you got zerged, that means you ran into the lot of them...that doesn't mean I stacked them. :P

If you still think that was far too much for difficulty/stacking/amount of enemies, then I have to ask: Have you played your own quest -at all-? If not, play it, then play mine again. If you are looking at it objectively, I'm sure your tune will change somewhere. XD

As for the title of my quest....really? It sounds like a title...since when is critiquing the title a part of a review? lol

If this has anything to do with your comments about me "sandbagging" your rating...well, I'm sorry that I didn't like your quest...however, I did try to provide a proper and objective critique...and I could have rated a lot worse than 3 stars...for the way I felt about the quest, that was actually generous.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • Options
    hugsfrommommahugsfrommomma Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you're going to give low ratings to quests, you should be ready and willing to have your work reviewed with a similar perspective. Stacking multiple giants with chain CC effects (your quest) is a lot harder than 1 Hexer and a 3-pack of Kobolds (my quest). I don't know how you can possibly die to mine 5 times and not think yours is, at the very least, just as difficult.

So you should expect a similar review. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

As for the title, "Rising of the dragons" sounds like half an idea to native English speakers. I stand by that, and yes, it is fair to review the title. If the author can't make that compelling, what hope is there for the rest of the content?

Edit: I've had at least 3 people remark my quest was too easy. I've run it with 3 different classes at levels 20-60 and never died once.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If you're going to give low ratings to quests, you should be ready and willing to have your work reviewed with a similar perspective. Stacking multiple giants with chain CC effects (your quest) is a lot harder than 1 Hexer and a 3-pack of Kobolds (my quest). I don't know how you can possibly die to mine 5 times and not think yours is, at the very least, just as difficult.

So you should expect a similar review. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

As for the title, "Rising of the dragons" sounds like half an idea to native English speakers. I stand by that, and yes, it is fair to review the title. If the author can't make that compelling, what hope is there for the rest of the content?

Stacking multiple giants? Where? Are you talking about the ONE miniboss battle that is common...which is ONE winterforge encounter? (Skinned them to be giant goblins) And if so, how did you even get there when supposedly you couldn't get that far in the story according to your review?
    yGX5UJU.jpg
This discussion has been closed.