test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• tiderangertideranger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, so i should stack ArPen, and where is this Envy guide located?
  • dezcon1dezcon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi first of all, great guide! Been using it and working out well. Couple questions.

Where do you find the neck/rings/belt?

You should add a mini moneymaking guide!
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mhblis1 wrote: »
    You can't go wrong with STR. The increases will always be there. That said CON is only going to get better as max level increases. IT is all going to come down to what sort of style you play.

I would love the tier sets to have better parity and if you go tweaking builds each set actually has a place. What hurts most of them currently is the playstyle. There is just no real reason o go for a full defensive build over a hybrid set because of diminishing returns on most of our stats.

I have 25 str. I love it. Just more dmg its a lil more guard meter too not that matters much. Although I mainly PvP but with 25 str, vorpal enchant and high arm pen. It hurts whatever you hit. Not only that you will top dps charts in PvE
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't seen Roku in a while, did he move on? Envy is gone too and I pretty much play on Mindflayer 27.
  • kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To quote rokuthy himself *Although this was at 06-19-2013*

"I'm still around, but like I said a few pages back, I'm not actively playing the game at the moment. I keep an eye on things and I can update the guide as different information proves to be valid and things like that. As far as me personally testing things, not so much. I might pop on this week and do some Gaunt and see how that goes. NW for me was always just going to be something to kill time until FF14:ARR released.

This past weekend was the first P3 weekend so I was busy doing that, and will be busy each weekend from now until release (8/27) testing and playing."

He's still keeping an eye though, that's the good part :P.
    However, envy said himself that he's not likey to play in the immediate future :s
  • hijo26hijo26 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi.what is your opinon about combo enchantment stones..? holy avenger at the weapon and negation on armor?
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dezcon1 wrote: »
    Hi first of all, great guide! Been using it and working out well. Couple questions.

Where do you find the neck/rings/belt?

You should add a mini moneymaking guide!

Belts are from PVP if you take first place you have a chance to get them, Neck/Rings can be bought using drake seals from dungeons in enclave (the minor versions) most pro versions like Grand and Ancients are dropped in Epic dungeons spellplague, temple of spider, dread vault or Castle never.
    hijo26 wrote: »
    Hi.what is your opinon about combo enchantment stones..? holy avenger at the weapon and negation on armor?

as they mention before the only good stones fr now are the ones that give you power, crit, or arppen, since your bonus are the best that way you already have enough HP to compare and lose vs raw power or crit, for enchantments now we are still discussing which is the best but so far is like this

weapon pvp Vorpal plague fire is still good but since you do not have the stack of def reduction anymore then you probably deal more burst damage with vorpal
    weapon pve plague fire/vorpal
    armor pvp/pve still soulforged (reason cause in that inmune time you can be able to recover full HP if you use your daily for that )
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    for pvp, is it better to go arpen than use tenebrous?

about to enchant my offense slots and not sure which way to go.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Tene will be always better for PVP if you have high HP like many GF, ArPen is also good as 2nd option, however depending on your equip you probably will use more critical instead of arpen if you have timeless, but again the final goal for now are tene enchants in offence for pvp

Edit: also seems like we no longer have either Envy or Roku to update this so we probably need to either recreate this guid in other thread and place roku as orinal owner (copyright lol) and update it with our changes
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tene will be always better for PVP if you have high HP like many GF, ArPen is also good as 2nd option, however depending on your equip you probably will use more critical instead of arpen if you have timeless, but again the final goal for now are tene enchants in offence for pvp

Edit: also seems like we no longer have either Envy or Roku to update this so we probably need to either recreate this guid in other thread and place roku as orinal owner (copyright lol) and update it with our changes

Was just going to mention the same thing. I see some comments on page ~71 about few qweeks which dated 06/27 but the OP guide hasn't been updated since 06/01. Even if there isn't a new thread we should have a updated power/feat screen shot.
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a little question: is this build playable without cat/stone? Cuz i don't have enough AD to buy those and there's no possibility i will get that amount soon.
    edited July 2013
    yes you are going to be able to play without it you can just change some power for Arpen in enchants in order to have better DPS in PvE i started like that till i saved enough to buy the cat
  • solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    I have been wondering about belts.
    I see that a lot of people like to use the blue offense slot belts. In regards to PvE thou it seems to me slotting HP in an ancient revolt belt would give around the around same amount of DPS stats after 5 stack of stalwart with the added bonus of a lot more HP.
    Is there something I am missing about using stalwart with these belts?
    edited July 2013
    for you the change is good, for your pet will not work since HP to not move to you using the pet Runes or skill, however the differnce as you mention is that you in fact gain the extra HP and you wll need to build up to have the same gain, vs that you will already start with that increase and once you build up you will gain a little less. in any case as Roku mention you shoulsd use what you think is the best and what work for you, personally i started with the ancient one since it was cheaper and i notice just a difference in burst damge for first encounters once slatwart bonus is stacked was basically the same, however as for pvp you will alwasy want to have that extra offense slot for tene enchants
  • karnsonkarnson Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Speaking of Stalwarts has anyone heard anything about them fixing the set bonuses? I decided to save for a cat before getting my stalwart's helm and I'm now thinking of completing the Timeless set instead as at least with that I'd get the bonus.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    karnson wrote: »
    Speaking of Stalwarts has anyone heard anything about them fixing the set bonuses? I decided to save for a cat before getting my stalwart's helm and I'm now thinking of completing the Timeless set instead as at least with that I'd get the bonus.

IMO timeless is garbage and I dont really think they will fix the stalwarts set. They are not really famous for fixing old sets but releasing new ones and I suspect that they are really focused on the next expansion rather than rehashing old stuff...

Also, I would really recommend getting the helm, the DPS upgrade from the final set is amazing. Timeless isnt really that great in all honesty AND its not a tanky... If you are going to run Timeless, go find my guide on gear called "How to build a GF on a budget" The setup there is actually > Timeless for WAY less AD.

As far as recreating the thread, its still pretty much up to date. Not much has changed in the game. The ONLY difference would be trying to optimize for more PVP play but Rokuthy made this for the purpose of trying to create that good hybrid.

As for the belt questions, there are also other belts that offer better stats, ARP+ offensive is the biggest reason people use them. You can go the HP stacking route if you want, as long as your ARP(an eqiv) value is good.

I still hold that Rokuthy's ARP value to 22% then stack power and THEN think about crit/recov. Although since there are no dim returns on power, you really wanna be able to socket for that.

As far as Tene goes, its HORRIBLE for PVE now and so for a "hybrid" while you CAN do all the content using them, dont expect to put out good dps compared to other geared players using them. I personally made a GWF for PVP purposes with my greater tenes and tool my GF for pure PVE play now (with the option of PVP).

I stack power on my gear, I have 22% (equiv) arp and a decent crit. 14k GS (although that means nothing) and can clear any epic 5 man.
  • solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the thoughts on belt. I focus on PvE so dont use tenebrous and have all the arpen I need so think I will stick to ancient.

I have also halted my arpen at 22% rather than shoot for 24% for bosses, seems to be wasted a lot of the time since I am dealing with adds and clearing the actual dungeon rather than straight focusing on the boss itself.
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    IMO timeless is garbage and I dont really think they will fix the stalwarts set. They are not really famous for fixing old sets but releasing new ones and I suspect that they are really focused on the next expansion rather than rehashing old stuff...

Also, I would really recommend getting the helm, the DPS upgrade from the final set is amazing. Timeless isnt really that great in all honesty AND its not a tanky...

Sorry, what I meant by "fixing" the Stalwart set was the fact that if you have pre-patch and post-patch pieces than you don't get a set bonus which is what I currently have and is rather ... frustrating :mad:

As you said though (and another reason why I got the cat first) is that once the new content comes out there will probably be new armor.
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If they fix HP from Companions, then I think Cat is better (since Ancient Belt is cheaper than Ancient Cleric Offhand).

Also I agree that Timeless isn't very good compared to Stalwart.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • gyridhgyridh Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    karnson wrote: »
    Sorry, what I meant by "fixing" the Stalwart set was the fact that if you have pre-patch and post-patch pieces than you don't get a set bonus which is what I currently have and is rather ... frustrating :mad:
    From the preview patch notes:
    panderus wrote: »
    Older Knight Captain's items are now named Antiquated Knight Captain's items to clearly indicate they are not part of the Knight Captain's set, and that these two sets are not interchangeable.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?388471-NW-3-20130701a-0-Patch-Notes

They'll never 'fix' stalwart the way you want. I even replied there because I was disappointed, and the devs clarified it's working as intended and it's only a tooltip fix.
  • faulkalfaulkal Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    I just hit 12.7k gs but don't have the stalwart set yet or any other tier pieces. Which should I go for? Timeless/stalwart or grand regent?
    edited July 2013
    faulkal wrote: »
    I just hit 12.7k gs but don't have the stalwart set yet or any other tier pieces. Which should I go for? Timeless/stalwart or grand regent?

if your build is for DPS hybrid then Stalwart should be
  • mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks so much for this, really helpful.
  • arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finally got my GF to lvl 60 and I'm speccing like mad. Thanks to envy and rokuthy for two great guides!

Looking at rokuthy's builds, I'm seeing one entry where recovery is the first stat to bump... but I'm also seeing a high priority on ArPen for gear and enchantments. If I'm going to try to max one of them, which one should I go for?

Thanks for helping...
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's old information, when people thought that Recovery was better than it really is (it doesn't reduce cooldowns as much as tooltip would indicate) afaik.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    That's old information, when people thought that Recovery was better than it really is (it doesn't reduce cooldowns as much as tooltip would indicate) afaik.

Yeah, I was just messing around with this the other day. a 300 point increase only shaved 0.1 seconds off of a 10 second skill. and that was on the lower end of things, from like 1600 to 1900.
    edited July 2013
    yeah for us recovery is nothing so the recovery from equip should be more than enough, since this is an hybrid build DPS-Tank the focus was un Arppen and then power from enchants some say the updated Arppen should be 24% others prefer to stay with 22% and move over for Crit and power or power and crit.

personally i think the 22% Arpen is more than enough you are not going to be dps's all bosses just a few, and most of the time you will be controlling adds someone mention that a couple of post above and he is correct, as for crit or power i prefer power i love to facetank and i do not use my guard so my guard lv is almost all the time full the with the last conqueror feat you gain a lot of bonus from power :D
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    If they fix HP from Companions, then I think Cat is better (since Ancient Belt is cheaper than Ancient Cleric Offhand).

Also I agree that Timeless isn't very good compared to Stalwart.

Why would you use an ancient belt?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited July 2013
    gyridh wrote: »
    From the preview patch notes:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?388471-NW-3-20130701a-0-Patch-Notes

They'll never 'fix' stalwart the way you want. I even replied there because I was disappointed, and the devs clarified it's working as intended and it's only a tooltip fix.

Yeah I saw that when I downloaded the patch this morning. Rather frustrating as it means replacing half the set. I suppose that's karma for being able to use the sword in PVP at such a low level :p
  • bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a way to be a good tank with timeless or i really need to buy another set?