test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    for pvpv follow envy guide if that is yur thing, Tene is the most OP enchant for Pvp it gives you the most burst damage around, also take note that we do not produce the most damage from the start you need to build up, with stalwart you need to build up damage that is done to you to stack th e5 times bonus, with Timeless you need to deal damage first and then you will have the stack, so it is not wise to use all your encounters in the first approach to an enemy.

Arp Pen depends on what you are working on if you read envy guide you will see that he prefers crit over arm pen but also he uses timeless for crit, and vorpal, armpen works better with plague fire but again is more to personal choice and how you play. at the end if it is for pvp only you will need tene enchants.

usually if you use timeless with tenes and vorpal you go, first lurking strike if they are away or the secondary damage with shield and some cleaves to built stack then front line surge to build up more one cleave and bull charge at that point the bull charge will be dealing if crit 15k damage and with all the other damage your oponent will be dead.

for stalwart is different you do no use any enconter till you got damage so you usually approach with the secondary damage shield and cleave and then after being hit 2 times you start using your encounters, whichever order you prefer, i usually go for lurking, bull charge, cleave twice, front line surge /cleave and lurking if necesary, at that point most TR/CW/DC are going to be dead, if not you will need to use a daily.

as you see stalwart takes more time to build up, i start at 2 or 3 hits, however if you wait till you are fully stacked with 5 hits then people will die the same as timeless, the extra damage that you have will mater on matches in were you are more tanky like having a DC helping and a good soulforged enchant, once your HP is below 40% Tene is not giving you to much of an edge and the timeless stack last less than the stalwart enchant so a lunrking strike in the most critical moments fully stalked will make the difference on which stalked is easy to mantain, but again is preference, since once you get used to any of the 2 sets you are good to go.
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • biznaz1biznaz1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After getting all by Stalwart set and now I'm stacking armor pen my power has gone done from 5k to 3k. Is it really worth giving up 2 points in power for 1 point of armor pen ( since I get the power power bonus from feat tree)? I did notice that the stalwart does give around 7k of power when fully stacked. Is the additional power after a certain point have deminishing returns?

As far as pvp goes, I use knights challenge, lunging strike, and then bull charge. Getting double damage on both those instant attacks is sick nasty. However, since this last patch I've noticed that my lunging strike is getting ignored regularly. Has that happened to anyone else? What's that about?
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    biznaz1 wrote: »
    After getting all by Stalwart set and now I'm stacking armor pen my power has gone done from 5k to 3k. Is it really worth giving up 2 points in power for 1 point of armor pen ( since I get the power power bonus from feat tree)? I did notice that the stalwart does give around 7k of power when fully stacked. Is the additional power after a certain point have deminishing returns?

As far as pvp goes, I use knights challenge, lunging strike, and then bull charge. Getting double damage on both those instant attacks is sick nasty. However, since this last patch I've noticed that my lunging strike is getting ignored regularly. Has that happened to anyone else? What's that about?

are you following this for PVP or PVE? if you check the guide most ArPen is in the Cat rest and usually you have more Power in yourself, again remember that this is not a guide for pvp only but for both, so since you are using stalwart for pvp then you should have plague fire in your weapon, and as long as you follow the set of equipment and enchantments from this guide you will do fine in pvp however this is not the perfect guide for pvp this is more for PvE, power is one of the best attributes however depending n def and deflect it will decrease damage that is why you stack some arp pen, but again this guide works perfectly in pve and will still do fine in pvp, if you are looking for a more pvp guide Envy has the solution :D
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Silveralucard, please, use some punctuation. Your posts are cryptic walls of text.
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can anyone give pro tips how to play this build in T2 dungeons? Cuz i don't seem to find any particular use for a tank there at all. So some advice is welcomed :)
    edited August 2013
    sfxer001 wrote: »
    Silveralucard, please, use some punctuation. Your posts are cryptic walls of text.

Punctuation is there, however i lost sometimes how to properly use it when writing from my phone and also, lost some in translation from my native language sorry about that.

T2 dungeons do not really need a tank, basically your main job will always be the Add keeper, that being said you need to gather and attack most of the adds in any battle and wait till a CW either controls them or kill them, your main job will be to keep most of the adds out the CW and DC, there will be some Adds inmune to control skills (like minibosses), usually you can face tank those if you avoid/block red attacks, you should focus on them till they are killed, currently in the game Damage is law for Threat, so you need to constantly deal great amount of damage, so use you AoE encounters like enforced threat or Frontline surge, viliance menage for daily and you will be able to hold Agro.

Search the forum you will find plenty of other post about what is the best strategy to use in each dungeon, not even the turtle tank guide will help you in most T2 dungeons. face tanking is not an option in this game. you need to always use strategy to win agains bosses and with big groups of adds
  • godlyhitmangodlyhitman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just got the timeless hero set, but somehow it looks different from picture of Rokuthy's timeless hero set. Did i purchase the wrong set?
  • borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i have my GF created at lvl 26, so far the build is looking good =), but i am a dwarf, so i had to give up 3 points on heroic feats. My pick was the 15% threat gen on 4th row rather than the crit % boost on last row. Will that hurt my tanking role on pve or is it an acceptable exchange?
    edited August 2013
    I just got the timeless hero set, but somehow it looks different from picture of Rokuthy's timeless hero set. Did i purchase the wrong set?

Roku set is transmuted that is why is different,
    borgued3 wrote: »
    i have my GF created at lvl 26, so far the build is looking good =), but i am a dwarf, so i had to give up 3 points on heroic feats. My pick was the 15% threat gen on 4th row rather than the crit % boost on last row. Will that hurt my tanking role on pve or is it an acceptable exchange?

After one patch the feat for 15% threat is not that important it helps but as long as you are delivering a lot of damge you will be ok to hold agro
  • yngvar1yngvar1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is the current recommended belt?
    edited August 2013
    I still use the ones from the guide, however here is preference as long as you reach the ArPen cap, any combination of rings-neck-belt will work just look in the AH for the ones that might be best for you
  • redtree12redtree12 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great guide.

I can't start threads yet but wanted to bring up a bug I may have found. I have 3/3 weapon mastery and 13 dex, yet without any crit gear, it shows I have a crit chance of 0. Is this a bug?

Sorry to derail, but very curious about this.
    edited August 2013
    redtree12 wrote: »
    Great guide.

I can't start threads yet but wanted to bring up a bug I may have found. I have 3/3 weapon mastery and 13 dex, yet without any crit gear, it shows I have a crit chance of 0. Is this a bug?

Sorry to derail, but very curious about this.

interesting i think no one has tested the crit % to be true since there is not full crit build on this, tonight will review the details and forum informaiton to see how it should work and test it, we would need to post results in the bug forum :) and now that timeless will be more usefull then crit is more important
    edited August 2013
    interesting i think no one has tested the crit % to be true since there is not full crit build on this, tonight will review the details and forum informaiton to see how it should work and test it, we would need to post results in the bug forum :) and now that timeless will be more usefull then crit is more important

Thanks much!
    edited August 2013
    Never mind about my crit % question. I just realized I could scroll down further for more detailed info and found the crit % properly calculated.

Thanks again, and really enjoying the GF community and the game :)
  • katryna29katryna29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How will the Stalwart changes affect your build? Are you simply going to swap to Timeless gear?
    "Yey though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am the evillest thing in the valley"
    edited August 2013
    yes i being testing timeless since they announce this, and as roku also include the set with not changes, and it seems that it works, however it is better if you use the timeless sword or the CN set, and then defense slots will probably need to change as well since HP is not giving you anymore benefit so we will probably need to switch 3 radianst for 3 silver would depend on preference need to see what we will benefit the most if stacking more defense or more deflect. but i think Deflexct will probably will be the answer since with the enchants we reach probably 3.3k Def and 2.5 - 3k defl so mitigation is better
  • wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm curious about the campaign passive unlocks for this build? Would you recommend the offensive options since dealing damage is the focus of this build, the defensive to add to our ability to mitigate damage, or will it not have a dramatic effect in the long run?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    i do need to test it once i finish all live since i was not able to unlock them all on preview.

For instance if you are not using Tene enchants then i recomend to change all you HP radiants to Deflect silvers in order to reach around 3k for deflect, with the Fomorian/CN weapon set, then select 250 crit and 250 power as boons(because defense or deflect will give you almost nothing extra and with timeless you will love crit), the other boons should be depending on what you want to focus, i will first test all damage related ones so will go for 400 damage for every deflect, chance to deal 400 more arcane damage, 2% more AP (since with current mechanics you really need more ap hate that skill that take out your ap).

however i am still thinking on which one will be better from the last group either more damage on Deflect or power gain on kills, since we are going to pretty much be killing adds in the new dungeon, so it might be a good option. also if you want to be a little bit tankier then there is also the option to select either to deal the 400 arcane damage or gain 400 HP.
    edited August 2013
    What about the new enchantment, Bronzewood? Anybody tested how it works? Do we need to reduce our arpen in jewelry as the enchant gives some arpen, or no?
    edited August 2013
    bronzewood as you metnion is basically givingyou arpen, however are you going to sacrifice the stack of GPF into negative plus your normal arpen? i have not tested completely will go into the preview shard and see, however last time i checked with multiple mobs with my arpen GPF did more damage than bronzewood, the one that i recommend for now is terror it seems that single target damage is pretty much similar to GPF even more in some ocations due to necrotic damge ignoring inmune. for long figths GPf is still better due to the reduction in def into negatives up to 45%
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    for long figths GPf is still better due to the reduction in def into negatives up to 45%

Assuming it's working correctly. I have heard mention it is capping at 9% right now.....
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sirjesto wrote: »
    Assuming it's working correctly. I have heard mention it is capping at 9% right now.....

GPF no longer takes targets into negatives it add's a flat 9% damage debuff according to testing.
    edited August 2013
    you are correct it seems that is bugged.

then terror will be the next best thing or vorpal, i think terror will be less expensive at the long run, cause perfect vorpal will be quite difficult to get
    edited August 2013
    I don't even plan on getting a perfect enchantment into my weapon. No way i'll invest anything that costly into some gear when it can turn out to be **** next patch.
    No trust to the devs here. I'll aim for terror then.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i do need to test it once i finish all live since i was not able to unlock them all on preview.

For instance if you are not using Tene enchants then i recomend to change all you HP radiants to Deflect silvers in order to reach around 3k for deflect, with the Fomorian/CN weapon set, then select 250 crit and 250 power as boons(because defense or deflect will give you almost nothing extra and with timeless you will love crit), the other boons should be depending on what you want to focus, i will first test all damage related ones so will go for 400 damage for every deflect, chance to deal 400 more arcane damage, 2% more AP (since with current mechanics you really need more ap hate that skill that take out your ap).

however i am still thinking on which one will be better from the last group either more damage on Deflect or power gain on kills, since we are going to pretty much be killing adds in the new dungeon, so it might be a good option. also if you want to be a little bit tankier then there is also the option to select either to deal the 400 arcane damage or gain 400 HP.

The 400 HP gain is still useless. It has an ItCD of 1min. Second you need some hits to active it.
    If the arcance damage is triggered in the same way(25% procchance i think and the 1 min ItCD), then both is useless. Only really waste of time to enable it. =(
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sslothzz wrote: »
    I don't even plan on getting a perfect enchantment into my weapon. No way i'll invest anything that costly into some gear when it can turn out to be **** next patch.
    No trust to the devs here. I'll aim for terror then.

You can "Unbind" enchantments from gear and move them to other characters or sell them. So, you only need to ever make it once.
    edited August 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    The 400 HP gain is still useless. It has an ItCD of 1min. Second you need some hits to active it.
    If the arcance damage is triggered in the same way(25% procchance i think and the 1 min ItCD), then both is useless. Only really waste of time to enable it. =(

well i do agree on that but from both option i think the extra damage is the best option, but again is something i still need to test (the best from the worst) lol, however ItCD is not in the tool tip hope it applies to all hits without the ItCD
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    You can "Unbind" enchantments from gear and move them to other characters or sell them. So, you only need to ever make it once.
    So i have lvl7 enchants in all my gear. Unbinding such is more expensive that buying a new one. No use doing it.
  • konamorekkonamorek Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about the pet? Shall I buy green, blue or violet cat ?