test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• Options
    poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    psyx0 wrote: »
    You can follow what I have here: http://bit.ly/13aqm6f

any time someone posts those links it takes me to the gateway but when I login, all I can see is my stuff. what am I doing wrong.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    i finally have a greater Plague fire enchant lol XD do i use it in my brutal swor dor do i wait till i got the timeless one? i've tring to get one of those but they are so dang difficult to get, since the DV epic dungeon nobody seems to be doing it XD i think is cause the last boss is so dang difficult XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    any time someone posts those links it takes me to the gateway but when I login, all I can see is my stuff. what am I doing wrong.

first log in then select you character and stuff and go back again and click once you have selected your character the information from the links will show normally
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hi Rokuthy!

Been following your guide since Roman and I started playing this game. You still play any swtor?

curious why timeless is no longer BIS for pvp? that is going to make me sad since I've just got my 4piece hehe

Hey, what's up man? I don't play too much. I let my account go F2P a long time ago, but I'll log in every now and then and do the 5 warzones you're allowed to do each week. Beyond that though, no, I don't play.

Timeless just doesn't provide the strongest stats right now for PvP, and the extra crit from the bonus doesn't make up the difference. People use Tenebrous for the most part in PvP, but I'm willing to bet that will be fading away real soon when people finally start to realize how strong other stats are in PvP (namely ArPen) when compared to the nerfed Tene proc rates.

I don't even play Neverwinter anymore, but I'll log in occasionally to keep my gear updated and play a little for fun. I haven't updated what I said I would yet because I had a lot of family fly in to visit. Once they're gone I'll try and get the guide updated to the best of my knowledge about the game at the moment, but yeah, I don't really play anymore.

Just killing time at this point. I play FF14 beta on the weekends until it finally releases, and barring something weird, that will be the game I play full time (doubt I'll play Wildstar but I won't say never).
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi Roku thx for the effort always on this :) i wait for your inputs before using any more enchant XD and at the end i think i will probably use the greater plague fire in the brutal since it seems that it will take me forever to have a timeless sword :(
  • Options
    blazzeddblazzedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How does this build compare with the debuff turtle build in the end-game instances? Like can you tank the final dungeons and bosses fine? Because if so I'd prefer a hybrid build so I can do damage as well :)
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    blazzedd wrote: »
    How does this build compare with the debuff turtle build in the end-game instances? Like can you tank the final dungeons and bosses fine? Because if so I'd prefer a hybrid build so I can do damage as well :)

If you decide you even have to bring a GF to a dungeon, there's nothing you can't "tank" with a conq build.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    i finally have a greater Plague fire enchant lol XD do i use it in my brutal swor dor do i wait till i got the timeless one? i've tring to get one of those but they are so dang difficult to get, since the DV epic dungeon nobody seems to be doing it XD i think is cause the last boss is so dang difficult XD

Sell it cause its getting nerfed. Then get a Vorpal or bile gonna be better dps anyways. Vorpal better for pvp as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sell it cause its getting nerfed. Then get a Vorpal or bile gonna be better dps anyways. Vorpal better for pvp as well.

Plaguefire is getting another nerf?
  • Options
    edited July 2013

noooo really when that will happen? and how much of a nerf will be :(? i hate that we do not have any idea of what kind of nerfs are coming and if it is that mcuh then that enchant prize will really come down :(
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Someone necroed the old thread when plaguefire was originally getting nerfed and now everyone thinks its another nerf.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    as far as i understand the nerf was to make the defense reduction not to stack but the damage will continue to stack is that going to change
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am a lil confused on what will happen now. I sold my greater plague a bit back and was happy as the price dropped a lot from when I sold it. So I took the AD to invest in my Vorpal. Honestly the talk of nerf made me test and think about other enchants in general and plague only goes to Greater. I think Perfect enchants in the end will be better anyways for dps and utility. I got a Dps boost off a normal vorpal from my great plague. So by comparison I just don't know if it is the end game enchant anyways compared to perfect enchants like vorpal, lifedrinker, and bile.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am a lil confused on what will happen now. I sold my greater plague a bit back and was happy as the price dropped a lot from when I sold it. So I took the AD to invest in my Vorpal. Honestly the talk of nerf made me test and think about other enchants in general and plague only goes to Greater. I think Perfect enchants in the end will be better anyways for dps and utility. I got a Dps boost off a normal vorpal from my great plague. So by comparison I just don't know if it is the end game enchant anyways compared to perfect enchants like vorpal, lifedrinker, and bile.

The damage difference you do during a PvP match comparing a Greater Vorpal and Greater Plaguefire is negligible. However, the DOT of the GPF is great for unmounting your opponents (1 hit with GPF will unmount as it will generate 5 hits) and is a control power, meaning you get the bonus damage from Crushing Pin and Trample the Fallen, so it may end up that the GPF will allow you to do more damage after all. That's also why GPF will be better than Bilethorn too, since the extra damage you do with a Bilethorn is so small that I'd rather have the utility of the GPF.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    well then maybe we will see someday a perfect enchant for GPF that will make it good like perfect vorpal probably i think i will wait for now on that but if they have nerf it it makes perfect sense to have a perfect of the enchant now

10% fire damager 3.3 % damage per second for 3 seconds and reduce def by 20%, damage can be stacked 3 times :P
  • Options
    catamituscatamitus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is stalwart still the set to go with in Gauntlgrym?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    The damage difference you do during a PvP match comparing a Greater Vorpal and Greater Plaguefire is negligible. However, the DOT of the GPF is great for unmounting your opponents (1 hit with GPF will unmount as it will generate 5 hits) and is a control power, meaning you get the bonus damage from Crushing Pin and Trample the Fallen, so it may end up that the GPF will allow you to do more damage after all. That's also why GPF will be better than Bilethorn too, since the extra damage you do with a Bilethorn is so small that I'd rather have the utility of the GPF.

Interesting points. I don't use crushing pin. I did weigh heavily the dismount feature though as it is extremely nice. Although I get a lot of dismounts from the % dmg being done being large enough with lunging strike. I know bilethorn stacks 3 times and if its perfect that 16% dot stacking 3 times. On a back end. So for PvE and in some PvP situations vs kiters seems like it functionality would be nice. Although I didn't test it. I still only have a regular Vorpal in my weapon from my GPF and like it more. I like my huge crits now and is fun to use with knight challenge on a double cleric team. I even messed around with Knee breaker since its such high damage of a dot. With knights challenge if it crits its a 22k dot on a target dummy. I did about 4 matches last nite testing it and granted the utility was way down. Although I had tons of fun when it crit all the CW's, GWF dieing on the way to a potion trying to run away with a 20k dot over about 6-8 secs. Just wish it was easier to apply. Of course my next goal is a greater vorpal and then I should break my crit record. I just like big chunk damage a lot of times and feel it to be better then the GPF I was running in PvP and in PvE.

Of course I really want a Perfect Vorpal that would be sweet. So its the end planning I am after.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Interesting points. I don't use crushing pin. I did weigh heavily the dismount feature though as it is extremely nice. Although I get a lot of dismounts from the % dmg being done being large enough with lunging strike. I know bilethorn stacks 3 times and if its perfect that 16% dot stacking 3 times. On a back end. So for PvE and in some PvP situations vs kiters seems like it functionality would be nice. Although I didn't test it. I still only have a regular Vorpal in my weapon from my GPF and like it more. I like my huge crits now and is fun to use with knight challenge on a double cleric team. I even messed around with Knee breaker since its such high damage of a dot. With knights challenge if it crits its a 22k dot on a target dummy. I did about 4 matches last nite testing it and granted the utility was way down. Although I had tons of fun when it crit all the CW's, GWF dieing on the way to a potion trying to run away with a 20k dot over about 6-8 secs. Just wish it was easier to apply. Of course my next goal is a greater vorpal and then I should break my crit record. I just like big chunk damage a lot of times and feel it to be better then the GPF I was running in PvP and in PvE.

Of course I really want a Perfect Vorpal that would be sweet. So its the end planning I am after.

It's is definitely more fun to see the bigger crits from a Vorpal than any of the other weapon enchantments. Actually I did some testing of my damage with GPF and I'm not exactly sure it actually does more damage than a Greater Vorpal would - it's hard to measure how much extra damage was added from the GPF defense reduction and Crushing Pin.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    wlel i use the GPF at the end the damage increase is pretty nice now it is worth it to do cleaves XDwill invest in rank stones now since rank 4 and 5 are still doing good but i think i can do better
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    It's is definitely more fun to see the bigger crits from a Vorpal than any of the other weapon enchantments. Actually I did some testing of my damage with GPF and I'm not exactly sure it actually does more damage than a Greater Vorpal would - it's hard to measure how much extra damage was added from the GPF defense reduction and Crushing Pin.

Yea if I get truly rich and can test some of this stuff be nice. I do ok. Don't have millions yet to invest in theory crafting though. If you are bored though try Knee breaker for melee and good on TR's too a lot of players don't even notice you apply it. Till they attempt to run away bleeding to death. It gave me some amusement in using some different skills. Also was fun in a GF 1v1 find it to be very useful cause those fight just suck.
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Plague Fire is still of great use in PVE since most everyone has switched to Vorpal. As a PVE focused GF I've actually started snapping it up cheap since the reduction helps everyone in the party and it is fairly easy to apply to pretty much everything on a boss fight.
  • Options
    kaetuzkaetuz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is 16 Con 16 str and 12 dex good initial attributes for Dwarf Guardian Fighter or should i aim for higher con than str? Do i stay with these initial attributes or how should i change them?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    they are good if you follow this build, humans get a little more STR cause of the 2 extra race points
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dwarves should net you 18 18 12 with that set as a staring stat. I've ended up with 24 24 15
  • Options
    blazzeddblazzedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
  • Options
    tiderangertideranger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have been reading this thread through, and I am confused on one thing, On the first page, i see you say stack ArPen to 22% but then i see your stat line posted, and you only have 93 ArPen (.1%) Am i supposed to stack ArPen or should i be going Crit/Rec/Reg???
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    probably he is using pvp equip arpen 24%is the new number as far as i can tell from the whole thread, that is for PvE since 24% is the maximun defense a boss have so your damage will be maximum for pvpv i recomend you to look into Envy guide i think he in fact focus more in Crit.

there is going to be more ocntent soon so we will need to check the new sets t1 and t2 to see if stalwart will continue to be the most powerfull one
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    probably he is using pvp equip arpen 24%is the new number as far as i can tell from the whole thread, that is for PvE since 24% is the maximun defense a boss have so your damage will be maximum for pvpv i recomend you to look into Envy guide i think he in fact focus more in Crit.

there is going to be more ocntent soon so we will need to check the new sets t1 and t2 to see if stalwart will continue to be the most powerfull one

Wouldn't it be amazing if t1 and t2 sets were rebalanced to create parity at each tier level?!
    :D
  • Options
    ramiauramiau Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    they are good if you follow this build, humans get a little more STR cause of the 2 extra race points

As an human is more advisable to put the racial +2 to STR for a 18 16 12 (more guard meter, better for the final conqueror feat) or to CON (more hp for the stalwart power bonus in a distant future for me ;-). Any other reason I am missing?

Thanks for the input =)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i personally went for CON the HP increase for Stalwart and Tene enchants also with more hp you are more tankier XD just a little but can decide if you live or die one second before you can hit figther recovery, basically i am following this guide and as far as i can tell is impresive and it really works even with the changes we are waiting for some Rocku updates on equip and well probably we will need to test the new sets that are about to come :D