test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have a few questions. My GF will be 60 in a few days. Leveling this class is great fun.
    I already bought the recommended rings and necklace. Unfortunately, I do not have enough AD atm to buy the Stalwart set or the Timeless Hero set. Could you name other options I can start with? Is the Knight Captain set any good? Two pieces give 400 ArPen as set bonus. Sounds good to me since we wanna reach 22% ArPen. So I could two Knight's Captain pieces. What else? Two other non-set epics with good stats?
    And what 'cheap' weapon and shield can you recommend?
    Shadow Wolf Helm, Armor of Insanity, Piercing Valiant boots, Icefall Gauntlets.

It's the best PvP set too.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i have a questing in crafting the Gemmed shirt and pants what is the maximun theorical % that we can have for that job 160%? so 60% chance of success for the tier 3 item am i correct?

all very rare (2 belows, 1 hammer, 1 anvil)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Btw, here are the updated stats you should strive for:

Arp to 24%
    Recovery until 1800
    Crit from gear
    Then all power
  • Options
    kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hm I got that blue belt Smiting Berserker Belt now, question is do I rly need it?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kr0owe wrote: »
    Hm I got that blue belt Smiting Berserker Belt now, question is do I rly need it?
    Why did you get that one? Smiting Blessed BiS on you and Piercing Berseker is BiS on the Cat.

Piercing Berseker is also BiS in PvP.
  • Options
    kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Why did you get that one? Smiting Blessed BiS on you and Piercing Berseker is BiS on the Cat.

Piercing Berseker is also BiS in PvP.

That's why I ask before using it... :P
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    doe sthe shirts and pants have both offense slots or one is offense (shirt) and pants is defense?
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    trinity1980trinity1980 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shadow Wolf Helm, Armor of Insanity, Piercing Valiant boots, Icefall Gauntlets.

It's the best PvP set too.

And for weapon and shield?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And for weapon and shield?

Lizardfolk Scimitar and Timeless Shield
  • Options
    whiteshadow02whiteshadow02 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could you link your character sheet please Sanctumz
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have to regear. The patch fixing dex has made a lot of my gear useless. I'll just tell you BiS gear:

Stalwart, Power/Crit/Rec Jewelry, Smiting Blessed rare belt, Timeless Shield, Timeless Sword

Enchants: All power.

Cat: Piercing Berseker rare neck, Piercing Berseker rare ring, Piercing Berseker rare belt.

Enchants: ArP if you need to reach 24%, or else all recovery.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have to regear. The patch fixing dex has made a lot of my gear useless. I'll just tell you BiS gear:

Stalwart, Power/Crit/Rec Jewelry, Smiting Blessed belt, Timeless Shield, Timeless Sword

Enchants: All power.

Cat: Piercing Berseker rare neck, Piercing Berseker rare ring, Piercing Berseker belt.

Enchants: ArP if you need to reach 24%, or else all recovery.

Timeless, Is it only from DV or you could get it in a chest from lets say FH or Karru?

The thing is, I only seen this sword on AH once, maybe twice and price was like 5,5m and to be honest I never ever want to put my foot in that dungeon again. Whole dungeon is just a big irritating moment, worst thing are campfires that doesnt even work, I just cant belive they didnt fix this but atleast I know now why ppl doesnt go there and I cant rly blame them...

I also got very tired of my Lizardfolk/Timeless Hero shield and changed for Ancient set but i'm not rly happy with it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kr0owe wrote: »
    Timeless, Is it only from DV or you could get it in a chest from lets say FH or Karru?

The thing is, I only seen this sword on AH once, maybe twice and price was like 5,5m and to be honest I never ever want to put my foot in that dungeon again. Whole dungeon is just a big irritating moment, worst thing are campfires that doesnt even work, I just cant belive they didnt fix this but atleast I know now why ppl doesnt go there and I cant rly blame them...

I also got very tired of my Lizardfolk/Timeless Hero shield and changed for Ancient set but i'm not rly happy with it.

Timeless Sword is from DV chest/last boss I think.

Lizardfolk is slightly more dps than Ancient Sword and Timeless Sword is slightly more dps than Lizardfolk. Timeless Shield is a lot higher dps than ancient shield.

I've done the dungeon a couple times and the boss sometimes bugs out and drops nothing so yeah...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Timeless Sword is from DV chest/last boss I think.

Lizardfolk is slightly more dps than Ancient Sword and Timeless Sword is slightly more dps than Lizardfolk. Timeless Shield is a lot higher dps than ancient shield.

I've done the dungeon a couple times and the boss sometimes bugs out and drops nothing so yeah...

Ok, hope they fix that dungeon so I could farm it cuz as it is now i wont put my foot in there again and it doesnt even seem to be many players that actually enter this dungeon.

Changed back to Lizardfolk and Timeless shield cuz Ancient set rly is useless, maybe will use it in PvE though but not even sure about that...
  • Options
    razorbz23razorbz23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a new player I find this super useful! Thank you for taking the time to make this guide.
  • Options
    knavery2112knavery2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This build is insane! Holy moly I feel like I'm playing my TR with the damage I'm doing. I take more damage, but that's fine. My armor helps mitigate it.
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll be updating the OP within the next day or so. Changes will include:

Powers and Feats: The removal of the battle trample SS, replaced with Crushing Pin. Removal of 3/3 Potent Challenge.

Gear: Will update the optimization for Stalwart. Will possibly remove Timeless from the guide altogether since I feel like Stalwart is actually the stronger set even for single target now with increased threat, on top of Timeless not being optimal for PvP.

In place of the Timeless set, I'm going to add the budget build set (the mix set that's BiS for PvP that can also be used as a starter set for new GF's).

New stat allocation will be ArPen to 24%, Recovery to 1800, Crit from Gear and power stacking.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Will you still be going with cat or have you looked into the stones?
  • Options
    yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    I'll be updating the OP within the next day or so. Changes will include:

Powers and Feats: The removal of the battle trample SS, replaced with Crushing Pin. Removal of 3/3 Potent Challenge.

Gear: Will update the optimization for Stalwart. Will possibly remove Timeless from the guide altogether since I feel like Stalwart is actually the stronger set even for single target now with increased threat, on top of Timeless not being optimal for PvP.

In place of the Timeless set, I'm going to add the budget build set (the mix set that's BiS for PvP that can also be used as a starter set for new GF's).

New stat allocation will be ArPen to 24%, Recovery to 1800, Crit from Gear and power stacking.

That will be awesome Rokuthy, thx for the effort :)
  • Options
    psyx0psyx0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still can't understand why you need to stack power over crit? All the graphs and calculations prove crit gives you more dps until you hit 2k with it. Tenebrous Enchants are never mentioned.

I've also put one Silvery Enchant Lvl9 into my shield and one Arcane Runestone Lvl9 to bring Deflect value closer to 2k. Need to think defensive ways too, HP stayed at 31k.
  • Options
    yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah Roku build is great but Im building stats to cap first in priority, graphs help a lot, and deflect to cap is awesome stat too
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thx roku i will wait for the update :) so i can finally finish my build :)
  • Options
    hulkina21hulkina21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eagerly anticipating the update to your guide! <3 My GF is almost 60 and I am in desperate need of some proper speccing!
  • Options
    zierzozierzo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?374421-Why-am-i-doing-the-same-damage-with-Stalwart-bonus-and-without-it

Any thruth on this ? Stalwart specifically and power stat in general regarding guardian ...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    well i do notice a big difference in power however is more when crit than normal damage and even more if you have cat, i think the damage depend o the defense of the other to see a big differenceso once you have the plague fire that you reduce the other defense the damage should be more. but probably other one with more experience can answer
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zierzo wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?374421-Why-am-i-doing-the-same-damage-with-Stalwart-bonus-and-without-it

Any thruth on this ? Stalwart specifically and power stat in general regarding guardian ...

OP of that thread is relying on anecdotal evidence. Wouldn't pay too much attention to it.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    psyx0 wrote: »
    Still can't understand why you need to stack power over crit? All the graphs and calculations prove crit gives you more dps until you hit 2k with it. Tenebrous Enchants are never mentioned.

I've also put one Silvery Enchant Lvl9 into my shield and one Arcane Runestone Lvl9 to bring Deflect value closer to 2k. Need to think defensive ways too, HP stayed at 31k.
    should i be stacking crit then arpen then rec then power? i been stacking arpen as of right now its really hard to come by though seem to hover around 9-11% right now and i mainly just pvp. would crit work in pve to?
    and what kinda crit level should i be aiming for?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    psyx0psyx0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've made 2k on all 3 major stats for PvE (Crit/ArPen/Recovery) and for PvP slightly more Crit than Ar Pen and Recovery since Ar Pen is boosted by having Plague Fire on my wpn and recovery is feated.

You can follow what I have here: http://bit.ly/13aqm6f

Been testing Tenes lately and gonna introduce them to my build soonish, need to boost pet stats a little to be able to unequip some ArPen from PvP build. Could also switch to offensive build, but I like the 1.5k hp bonus over slight power boost.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i will still wait for Roku update since following his guide has made me a good tank and competitive pvp player :D
  • Options
    poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Rokuthy!

Been following your guide since Roman and I started playing this game. You still play any swtor?
    rokuthy wrote: »

curious why timeless is no longer BIS for pvp? that is going to make me sad since I've just got my 4piece hehe