test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What kinds of companions would you like to see next?

Comments

• kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One thing I would like to add sominator beyond the types of Companions we get, one thing that is sorely lacking is not being able to customise and equip your companions like we do in STO, we had that also on BG, IWD and the NWN series. Right now we have a sea of clones...and it just isn't cryptic. I understand that you guys might have bigger fish to fry....but this to me and almost everyone I know who is playing is one of the few showstoppers in a otherwise great game.

Having played STO for over a year I couldn't agree more.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    Bard please. One that can play lute.
  • axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are still are companions that were in beta that haven't been released so those will come first, Harper agent and ghost, also there is the angel which no one can get yet till 360 days, as for the unicorn mount originally there was a purple unicorn mount available for celestial coins, but this was changed to a white armoured mount and think its blue or green now.
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    a duck that runs around and take all aggro and they cant catch him
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tentacle monster ^_^
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Farie dragon
    Pixie
    Giant Space Hamster (Mount)
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Skeletal Dog isn't a Rust Monster, but it'll do for now I suppose...
  • kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Customizable companions? You mean I can have an all Orion slave girl crew here too? Sweeeeeeeet! But yeah, some customization for companions would be appreciated. Even more though, some AI that didn't have the cleric rush into melee with every boss in town, or actively seek out all the red circles in the dungeon would be nice. Once again, I have to say, look to STO because its all there already. Cut and paste guys. Please.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a succubus comp.
  • fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Only companion I could see myself paying for is Bullet/Landshark
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Only companion I could see myself paying for is Bullet/Landshark

I think they would make for an awesome mount. 4E reduced their size to large so they are perfect sized for being a mount.
  • xanquilxanquil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Modron anything. :)

Mephit.

Flumph.

Intellect devourer.

Any of these, but I like the idea of animated luggage, or maybe a modron "pack mule". need more bag space.............

I also would love to have more than 1 out and active at a time, but than again I'm a big fan of the away team system in STO.
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want an Umberhulk
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ghost! Bring in the Ghost! That was an awesome looking companion.
    edited June 2013
    xanquil wrote: »
    Modron anything. :)

A Modron would be awesome.
    Ghost! Bring in the Ghost! That was an awesome looking companion.

The video of the ghost possessing the training dummy amuses me.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The Ghost.
    Companion Tomes.

In essence; things that should already be ingame since june 20th.

Then fix all the issues and add 2 classes, Drow (wich arguably also should be in the game since june20th) then get back to new shiny bubbly zen stuff.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thri-Kreen.... companion and race choice..
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    The Ghost.
    Companion Tomes.

Wont have to wait to long for the tomes at least :)
    Then fix all the issues and add 2 classes, Drow, then get back to new shiny bubbly zen stuff.

I hate that Drow is even a playable race before Dragonborn and Eladrin. I don't mind Drow being a playable race at all though. Just the order of release. I figure they should have released the 4e core book races before touching on the supplements. Though if I had my way NW wouldn't have released without all the Races already in place to be played. Little more forgiving on the classes being saved for expansions.
    edited June 2013
    Wont have to wait to long for the tomes at least :)

I hate that Drow is even a playable race before Dragonborn and Eladrin. I don't mind Drow being a playable race at all though. Just the order of release. I figure they should have released the 4e core book races before touching on the supplements. Though if I had my way NW wouldn't have released without all the Races already in place to be played. Little more forgiving on the classes being saved for expansions.

Oh? Have you seen a set release date for them, the tomes? :P "This Summer", from june 20th when the game should've had it IMO (but they wanted to push zen sales some more) their statement can mean the end of august. In my opinion that is "waiting too long" for something already probably working and simply not implemented due to marketing.

I love that Drow is a playable race before Dragonborn, but not Eladrin.
    However, the game's story is so revolving around Underdark, drow and their renegades, so it makes alot of sense for Drow to be playable (story- and content-wise) before others.
    Also, the drow are already in the game, they could probably have released them by launch, not much work to do left, I imagine. But they hold them off. To give exclusivity to Founders - who's exclusivity just got robbed since they're now re-selling the "exclusive" Founder Packs under a different name.
  • brustlebrustle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's the problem as I see it: people are suggesting all of these cool looking, interesting companions, but the only actually useful companions in this game are Healing types and Enhancement types (ion stone etc).

All the really cool companions are going to be, generally, "Striker" companions, or as I call them, "Useless" companions, or "Waste of Money", companions.
  • lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    A dragon that gives stats! i'd buy that :D
  • tattooedangelstattooedangels Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love to see a dragon mount added
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brustle wrote: »
    Here's the problem as I see it: people are suggesting all of these cool looking, interesting companions, but the only actually useful companions in this game are Healing types and Enhancement types (ion stone etc).

All the really cool companions are going to be, generally, "Striker" companions, or as I call them, "Useless" companions, or "Waste of Money", companions.

I've found the Dire Wolf to be an exceedingly useful companion. The knockback attack is highly effective even at higher levels. Granted, the cleric is more useful (until she is one-shotted) and the augments are fantastic (until you become dependent on them and are shredded in PvP). But what is "useful" depends a lot on your playstyle and build.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited June 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I've found the Dire Wolf to be an exceedingly useful companion. The knockback attack is highly effective even at higher levels. Granted, the cleric is more useful (until she is one-shotted) and the augments are fantastic (until you become dependent on them and are shredded in PvP). But what is "useful" depends a lot on your playstyle and build.

I think it's fairly common practice in MMOs to see most things in black or white. Either something is OP, or the best, or simply UP, or trash.
    In contrast to the lvl 15 cleric's heals effect on your leveling experience vs, say, a Sellsword companion (GWF) I think most would argue the pointless existence of the latter. You mention a blue (?) Guardian Founder only companion. Sure, it may be a nice addition to have while you play, but very situational and class based, while the healer or stone/cat is a constant thing, always very good or atleast often (cleric).
    The differences in term of usage and function is just too vast for most people to even consider 90% of the "other" companions, I think. And while the fault may lie with min-max-MMOers, maybe it's something the developers should take a few hints from.

Regarding (the too late) tomes that can upgrade companion levels, I reserve my judgement until I see the effects of lvl 30 cleric or sellsword or dog or wizard in end game scenarios, as well as leveling, and until I see what these tomes will cost (cause they will) and if 30 will remain as the max level (epic).
  • l33tstuffl33tstuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A floating talking skull that picks up your loot {not Green and above} i would settle for a non talking one too :)
    edited June 2013
    l33tstuff wrote: »
    A floating talking skull that picks up your loot {not Green and above} i would settle for a non talking one too :)

I would name him Morte. <3
    edited June 2013
    Oh? Have you seen a set release date for them, the tomes?

Outside of them coming in the Feywild module, no I haven't seen a firm date for release. I personally don't see a few months as being too far off, but that is my personal view. Though I agree that they should have been in the 20th release.
    and until I see what these tomes will cost (cause they will) and if 30 will remain as the max level (epic).

I don't have any doubts that they wont be expensive but at least they are bought with AD according to their own news post about it.
  • c2n2c2n2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A rogue companion would have been nice, kinda odd that the basic vendor doesn't have one.
    Really any companion that would allow you to pick its race and sex when you bind it would be nice.
    Cookie cutter companions make for companions that you don't care about one bit. They become a piece of gear or a pet when you can't identify with them.
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If cap Level is lifted from L60 to L100,
    i would say so should companion,
    a level 100 hero will need a level60 companion?
    "right now this would be the last thing on their minds"
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We need more augments. As a TR sometimes a companion can hurt you by just being there. Since we have default 3 active slots I prefer one of those to be an Augment. A glowing stone flying around my head or a Cat doesn't seem very appealing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]