Comments

• Options
    krazybone2krazybone2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    read avidlurkers post worked for me, on previous page in quotes, thanks
  • Options
    kaszabolokaszabolo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After about 100 lunches in a row it appears that the source of the hung launcher is the quick launch option. It seems that although I couldn't reproduce what exactly is needed it to happen, out of the 100 launching tests the corrupt registry entry only appeared when quick launch was on. I just started a second test whether it still happens once it is off but after 70 tries it still didn't happen (while in the previous test with quick-launch it happened in every 6th launch or so) so I'm pretty sure about that. It should be looked into and in the meantime I would advise PVE to release a quick tool to clear and reset the appropriate registry settings. ( removing WindowPos entry and setting AutoLaunch to 0)
  • Options
    letmeliveletmelive Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My autolauncher was freezing too. Thank God for this forum! The maximize option worked for me! But since I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, now I have to patch forever... I wish I had found this forum first!
  • Options
    alanch90alanch90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maximize isnt working for me, my launcher is still invisible

edit: it just worked, silly me :p
  • Options
    thunderfoot23thunderfoot23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nothing has worked for me, white screen still.
  • Options
    ladyboy87ladyboy87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avidlurker wrote: »
    Also having problems today. Worked fine yesterday, can't launch today.

"

TL;DR: if the launcher doesn't display at all but sits in the task bar, it's possible the window position registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Cryptic Launcher WindowPos) became corrupted. Deleting that key (forcing it to be recreated on next launch) solves the problem for me.

"

Thanks, that solved my problem. Windows 7/64 here. Now just dl:ing the patch with my slowspeed internet. ;)
  • Options
    amiyadamiyad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks so much for this advice. It seems to have solved the problem for my husband and myself as well...patching now...
  • Options
    tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone having issues with log in client? I had a small patch and after that it gave me a message that says " unable to start game client. the operation completed successfully." any known issues out there? I have been on forums for a couple hours and found nothing.
  • Options
    tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    launcher is not working so I deleted the game and trying to re down load....I get so far as 40% updated and it crashes...5 times now trying to get back in. BAaaaaah
  • Options
    blalalaaablalalaaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maximizing the screen worked but now the game lags so much that it takes 20 min to log in and after that i see only screenshots....i didnt had that problem before...WHATS HAPPENING TO THIS GAME CRYPTIC
  • Options
    blkjckwzblkjckwz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nothing working including registry fix. Multiple issues including script errors on startup still. Oh well, they are on it.

Can you imagine the Neverwinter team 2 days before launch dealing with startup bugs? Kick a wasps nest, lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Error 36 error on startup. Even safemode crashes.
  • Options
    morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avidlurker wrote: »
    TL;DR: if the launcher doesn't display at all but sits in the task bar, it's possible the window position registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Cryptic Launcher WindowPos) became corrupted. Deleting that key (forcing it to be recreated on next launch) solves the problem for me.
    Thank you thank you thank you!

Same thing happened to me and I was banging my head against the wall trying to solve it. Is it blocked by my firewall? Is the launcher corrupt? I couldnt figure it out, and the first post in this thread was not helpful at all.

Worked like a charm :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Running win8 as admin with about a terabyte of hd free & neverwinter not already running. Deleted HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Cryptic Launcher WindowPos) &/or the WindowPos_Length mentioned earlier. Neither worked and were re-written in the registry following each crash. Ability to run full screen greyed out in options. Sup here? Win8 uniqueness? :(

When running force verify I get an error 36 while mirroring app runs.

Still crashing! I hope ya'll still are monitoring this thread! Help!
  • Options
    chronosdkchronosdk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Getting the "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information."

Fresh reboot, nothing running, dont have teamspeak or anything, and game crashes the second i launch neverwinter.
    First page does not hold a solution. :(

Edit: Fixed. :D
  • Options
    dinosaurgotsosdinosaurgotsos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can t find the path to delete the key. Please help .
  • Options
    absinto666absinto666 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The new launcherr update hasn't fixed my problem, still a white screen with "loading, please wait"
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Help!

June 19 8:10pm PST
    Can't connect. I got booted earlier today and ever since the patcher can't connect. It is extremely slow to change pages and animations, very sluggish. Now I am stuck trying to load PE after an hour or so of not connecting at all.

Finally loaded in, but i was already DC'd when the screen came up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    walldogwalldog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well even on gateway I can only collect tasks not pick new ones, I can not load game due to auto launch update, the forum update solution to download new exe. doesn't even start on the server side...... grinz good day for coffee
  • Options
    walldogwalldog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well it tries to upload update, and then tries to log in and starts download over from beginning again never get beyond 4438 or so
  • Options
    abbatisabbatis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alright guys. To all those having launcher issues I struggled for the last 48 hours with it white screening, crashing, not loading. General issues. I can only hope the following information is of use to someone.

For starters the launcher is based around internet explorer. Why the connectivity instead of stand alone beyond me. However. IE has to be up to date. Also make sure you have shockwave, java, and flash all installed. Make sure these are updated.

Also if none of this works. Go to internet explorer, Tools, Advance, Reset IE. Warning: This will remove all add ons, bookmarks, everything and set it back to factory settings. You will need to redownload shockwave, java, and flash.

Disable Adblock, also allow excepts through your firewall if you have one. Exceptions being the program, as well as perfect worlds website.

If none of those work, Try flushed your DNS. Go to your command prompt (Should be in accessories, or go to run and type cmd). Then type ipconfig /reset. This will flush and reset the DNS which may be causing issues.

Mentioned before was the registry key issues someone figured out. You can find it one or two pages before this post.

Do not uninstall reinstall. That does not fix it. In my experience. Some of this was pulled from teh generic email I got from PWI, most of it was from messing around.

My issue was after maintenance, flash some how broke itself so I had to repair it.

I hope some of these solutions helps people enjoy the game.

PWI please include a back up correction to the launcher issues. I am aware it is Beta, but this has been going on for the last 2 months from my understanding. This is my first time posting, but you can potentially lose a lot of players through frustration if they cannot even get into the game.
  • Options
    gelopapagelopapa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I get the small box notifying me that the launcher is updating, then I get nothing!

Neverwinter shows up as a tab on my taskbar, and as a system tray icon. Yet nothing else. It doesn't load the launcher so I can't even log into the foundry campaign I was working on :(

I tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling. Sadly, the same problem. The launcher/log in window just won't appear on my desktop.

If this is a known issue, can anyone point me in the direction of the work around?

**EDIT: After changing the preferences on the shortcut to run "MAXIMISED", the launcher appeared. It seems to initially load up MINIMIZED and none accessible**

how come the MAXIMIZED fix doesn't work for me?? :(
    anyone else with the same problem??
    how do we fix this please??

EDIT: "TL;DR: if the launcher doesn't display at all but sits in the task bar, it's possible the window position registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Cryptic Launcher WindowPos) became corrupted. Deleting that key (forcing it to be recreated on next launch) solves the problem for me."

Thanks to avidlurkr for this fix...dunno why it happened in the first place though...
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    All I can is WELL DONE Cryptic on this post. This is a great way to see how things are unfolding :) Thanks for the updates!
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    maeledarmaeledar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am unlable to get the launcher to load, I downloaded the new neverwinter.exe linked above, and it went through the update process, then disappeared again. Now it will not load or patch again.

UPDATE, I tried the above trick of deleting the registry keys, and it has worked. It is now patching. Thanks!
  • Options
    blaschoblascho Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a problem with my launcher, when i open it, it doesnt appear
  • Options
    eisjolleeisjolle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My launcher crahs everytime. After the Cryptic screen has loaded, the Neverwinter Screen crashs. At the left bottom corner is "Material files reloaded" and at this point, the launcher stops. Then i have to close it..... I searched for many solutions but nothing worked!

EDIT: Found a solution!!! The answer is: WAITING. I just have to wait a while and clicking nothing, also dont going to Desktop or something like this, just doing nothing. Then the game will start :).
  • Options
    kaushikmitra5558kaushikmitra5558 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cant continue with mt character creation because it is always stuck in ability score pls help me to get past it and enjoy the game
  • Options
    styleschrisstyleschris Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when i double click the launcher all i get is an icon in my task bar but nothing on screen, cant min/max it to view and enter details. So, cant log in :(

Fustrating, hope it gets sorted soon :p

EDIT: the registry entry for launcher window position seems to have worked, see two or thee posts above
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Resetting explorer and installing java, shockwave and flash seems to have worked for me

EDIT: Well it shows the title page anyway, but clicking the login button does nothing at all.
This discussion has been closed.