What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    trageticatragetica Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still cannot connect its 1:45PM on 6/13/2013 Eastern Time..it tries to connect over and over again and then says to check my internet connection when I am most definitely connected everything else is working. I have tried replacing Neverwinter.exe as explained above...What do I do?
  • Options
    daddydethdaddydeth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tragetica wrote: »
    I still cannot connect its 1:45PM on 6/13/2013 Eastern Time..it tries to connect over and over again and then says to check my internet connection when I am most definitely connected everything else is working. I have tried replacing Neverwinter.exe as explained above...What do I do?

me to ..launcher will not connect? omg Laucher finally worked after 1hour
    of trying
  • Options
    vulpushvulpush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.62 G patch ... well, you need a really BIG tube for that ... not a poor 100Mb connection.
    Making the patcher "torrent" style (in wich the ones that are downloading the patch are receiving from server as well as from each other the data will help a lot.
    21:00 here in EU and at 56% ... not gonna make it tonight.
    Not a way to go guys .. not a way to go

P.S. and yes, my optical fiber connection ends in my home and the mediaconvertor is in my pc :P
    P.S. #2 not to mention that I got big loss in final destination (208.95.184.199) - but not on the route ... only on final dl server
  • Options
    ladynightskyladynightsky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well an old problem ended but created a new problem. old problem being the white screen. New problem is after the launcher patches the game won't launch. A window immedietly pops up saying : Cryptic Error Oops! Then tells me to submit the info, which I do every time. It just seems like, everytime progress is made something else breaks. The full launch of the game is in 7 days and still no fixes for people in these forums. My ticket to support has gone unanswered for two weeks now so I am about ready to give up. Clearly I am just not meant to play again :(
  • Options
    xerokewlxerokewl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I try to patch the game crashs my entire tower I know it not lack of memory all my other games and downloads seem to function fine at !% patch it crashs my pc any one else seeing this issure?
  • Options
    thunderfoot23thunderfoot23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The launcher update didnt fix my white screen issue.
  • Options
    rafishrafish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    still haveing patcher issues here cant get it to load. times out tried the fix and nothing still
  • Options
    fortislupusfortislupus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I get the small box notifying me that the launcher is updating, then I get nothing!

Neverwinter shows up as a tab on my taskbar, and as a system tray icon. Yet nothing else. It doesn't load the launcher so I can't even log into the foundry campaign I was working on :(

I tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling. Sadly, the same problem. The launcher/log in window just won't appear on my desktop.

If this is a known issue, can anyone point me in the direction of the work around?

**EDIT: After changing the preferences on the shortcut to run "MAXIMISED", the launcher appeared. It seems to initially load up MINIMIZED and none accessible**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grassturtlegrassturtle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    servers are working now ... launcher appears to be working also ...

thank you team ...
  • Options
    annwynnsannwynns Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still cannot connect There is no work around for this ????
  • Options
    starhawke55starhawke55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still have no launcher loading....
  • Options
    starhawke55starhawke55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no launcher loading.....:(
  • Options
    alanch90alanch90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here, launcher doesnt work
  • Options
    ririnfulririnful Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here Still no launcher loading.....
  • Options
    ririnfulririnful Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I get the small box notifying me that the launcher is updating, then I get nothing!

Neverwinter shows up as a tab on my taskbar, and as a system tray icon. Yet nothing else. It doesn't load the launcher so I can't even log into the foundry campaign I was working on :(

I tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling. Sadly, the same problem. The launcher/log in window just won't appear on my desktop.

If this is a known issue, can anyone point me in the direction of the work around?

**EDIT: After changing the preferences on the shortcut to run "MAXIMISED", the launcher appeared. It seems to initially load up MINIMIZED and none accessible**

yeah it appear in MAXIMASED, wth with this launcher
  • Options
    toukisamatoukisama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ririnful wrote: »
    yeah it appear in MAXIMASED, wth with this launcher

This worked for me as well. I was starting to get frustrated since I too bought the founder's pack and have been playing with my friends. Loading the launcher was just getting me the box in the taskbar, a small window for a few seconds saying it is trying to connect and nothing else. If that is what is happening to you, close the Neverwinter program if it is running, right click the launcher short cut and in the properties option, choose the Shortcut tab. Where it says Run: change it to Maximized and hit ok. When you start it again, you should be able to see the login screen and it will be able to start patching. Just make sure to change it back after it finishes patching (if we're lucky enough for that to fix the problem).
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Launcher is not loading. I uninstalled, patched the game and it worked. Then i closed it and it can't restart again.

Edit: Maximized worked for me, too.
  • Options
    mukwarriormukwarrior Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep my launcher worked last night and is not working this morning, please fix.
  • Options
    nomadicmous3nomadicmous3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yesterday Neverwinter worked fine. This morning it would launch only in a minimized state. I tried the Maximize suggestion, but this didn’t work.

I don’t know if this is the cause, but yesterday I was invited to the “Final Fantasy” beta, so I installed it and ran it. This was the only change that had taken place recently.

This morning I removed “Final Fantasy”, by doing a “system restore” and now Neverwinter works again.
  • Options
    tehmasterdraketehmasterdrake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im unable to post anywhere so i thought i'd just throw my little bit in here as it relates to launcher problems..

So i havent had a chance to play the game yet, im very keen to get in and give it a shot. However, downloaded the launcher to start the game download. But every time i open the launcher my virus software loses it!! I get a million popups that just keep coming and coming. And they're all selling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. My firewall cant even block them all..

I downloaded the launcher from the "Direct Download" link on the download page. have tried it twice. and still having the same issue.

Any suggestions??
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks everyone for your "maximize" suggestions! It works :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Also having problems today. Worked fine yesterday, can't launch today.

XP/SP3 system here.
    With limited privileges the launcher starts up, but crashes after login attempt.
    With admin privileges the launcher launches into minimized state with no way to maximize.
    Game client launched directly without launcher starts up seemingly as normal, but can't connect to the account server.

I'm not aware of any changes to my system.

Edit: I grabbed the launcher from the download link provided in the OP, it happily launches, autoupdates and goes into the same limbo as my installed launcher.
    Tried the -donautoupdate and run in max shortcut setting suggested earlier, to no avail.

Update: Success! Launched the game now. My previous attempts at launching were with my Computer Administrator enabled account, the method I've been using so far without a hitch.
    For some reason starting the client with the true root Admin account actually works. Have some settings files specific to my normal user account been corrupted perhaps? Will investigate after invocations.

Final Update:
    Figured out my problem and can start the launcher again, or more specifically, can see my launcher again.
    Details:
    Having success with using a different account on my system made me suspect a per user setting was the problem.
    The only per user setting I could find was in the registry. There I finally located the WindowPos (position) setting. In the settings of my regularly used account, the Position list was long and multiple positions were saved there for some bizarre reason. Also at least one position had extremely high values for x and y position.
    Having nothing to lose, I deleted that key and on next launch the launcher started off with seemingly default position values.
    My conclusion: the launcher launched perfectly fine, but tried to display itself in an absurd off-screen location.

The multiple position info in the registry key made me suspect that under certain condition the launcher keeps appending more locations. Is it unclean shutting down? Is it because of crashes (I've had the occasional crash)? No way for me to tell. I believe that is something that should be looked into.

BTW, I believe a previous poster a few up from my post ran into the same trouble. For him restoring the system from his recent snapshot probably solved his registry key issue silently.

TL;DR: if the launcher doesn't display at all but sits in the task bar, it's possible the window position registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Cryptic Launcher WindowPos) became corrupted. Deleting that key (forcing it to be recreated on next launch) solves the problem for me.
  • Options
    gerik189gerik189 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How can i solve my problem ?
    I launch the game , and my launcher doesn't appear so i can click Play.
    It shows that it's launched , but i cant see a thing.
    Sorry for writing on this topic , hope for soon response.

Edit: problem solved with Maximizing .
  • Options
    rikkivurikkivu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Avidlurker, you are a genius, I would never figured it out :D
    It works just perfectly~
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Hi Kalindra.

My problem seems to have just been the positioning and deleting that one key solved it.

XP sort of has 2 levels of administrator.
    The first named account you create on a xp professional machine will be the Computer Administrator account. You will give it a account name, and it will have admin privileges.
    There is however a hardcoded "Administrator" account also. That one is needed for stuff like installation repairs and probably more.
    Why I mentioned it is that Neverwinter seems to need admin privileges to run (buuuh! in this day and age? should be userspace only) and using my other admin privileged account revealed a per user difference in behavior in relation to my problem which led me to the registry keys.
    If you have XP home, things might be a little different, I have no experience with that system.

Edit: you might try just creating another user account on your system with the correct privileges to see if you have per account differences in behavior.
    Also using a new machine account will lead you to have to verify your game account per e-mail code (sent to you) as NW stores it's machine identity for it's game guard in that same per user registry info.
  • Options
    shewindshewind Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Launcher after clean install

clipbohhh.png
  • Options
    camamarcamamar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a thought, would this have any correlation to the foundry issues?
This discussion has been closed.