test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you want to add slightly more awesome sets for each class that are BoP, then good plan. Turning most of the existing loot into bop items? Terrible.

I'd say that Zen will drop close to the 50 AD hard limit but if there's very little to buy with AD, most people are not going to bother selling Zen.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    I dunno how much more "good idea" like this devs are going to throw to the game. okay, lets just say lets all face it, rollback everything back to day 1, founders get all their package and non-founders just simply back from zero ... face everything TOGETHER not just simply saying "its okay" or "I agree with the changes" or whatever. prove it, done it.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    I also dont like the idea.

I think a good solution for this problem is making DD chest gear BoP and boss drops BoE. This way item will became very rare like u want (since bosses rarely drop T1-T2 set pieces) and people can still be rewarded at the final of the dungeon.... if u dont need the BoP item u got from DD chest u can always use the Salvage system to earn some extra AD.

Ofc with this we will still have a lot of epics in the AH to sell but i believe the numbers will drop alot and the value of the item will grow aswell, also non T1-T2 set pieces epics will have more value coz will be hard to find/buy set peices.

Aside of DD chest items no other items should have BoP mostly item related to Professions.... they are already so hard to get....

Or just make need rolls BoP, This change says people shouldn't be sharing. In my guild we collect gear to help others gear up and stash it in the guild bank. This change is basically saying sharing and helping other and trading gear is bad. Only help yourself and no one else.. yeah right... The balance patch was good, but this is not.

Well with the balance patch, maybe buff the other cleric heals as well but other then that seems good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    What about pvpers?What if i focus on my pvp build and cant be as helpfull in dungeons?I mean i was forced to do dungeons so i drop/box items and make my astral to buy my pvp gear.Now you say that im forced to do a dungeon until I FIND the specific thing i want to buy because they cant sell it in AH?What is the meaning of ah then?what is the meaning of pvp?
  • Options
    clericbaldrunclericbaldrun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    These changes should have been made as soon as beta was available. The damage is already done. I just hit Lv60 and pretty much have the best gear in the game and it only cost me maybe 150K AD. What was the purpose of crafting? I'll probably run all the T2 dungeons once or twice for fun, but after that there's no real purpose. I'm totally confused and very put off by these changes being made so late in the game. With all the exploits and the broken economy in Beta I'm all for a full wipe.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    What about pvpers?What if i focus on my pvp build and cant be as helpfull in dungeons?I mean i was forced to do dungeons so i drop/box items and make my astral to buy my pvp gear.Now you say that im forced to do a dungeon until I FIND the specific thing i want to buy because they cant sell it in AH?What is the meaning of ah then?what is the meaning of pvp?

well, now that you mention it .... yea I guess so. PvE only players forced to PvP on Gauntlygrym, and PvP players forced to PvE for grinding gears ... that what will happen after patch
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its not the same.No one forces you to play pvp in any map.If you dont like pvp just dont play.Go do dungeons and stuff.This is where you get the items.But for those who like pvp and play the game for pvp (mostly) its a kick in the nuts cuz we are geting forced badly
  • Options
    theshadowlivestheshadowlives Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    This change says to me that casual, non-hardcore players aren't welcome in Neverwinter. This is the sort of thing I'd expect to see in an Asian F2P grinder (which I refuse to play).

Neverwinter has been such a breath of fresh air to me. It's one of the most casual, single-player friendly MMOs I've ever played. But the company seems determined to drive me away.

Still, there may be method to that madness. If all the casual gamers quit when they hit 60, then there's no need to develop anymore content for them. Casual PvE players are the most content hungry and demanding after all. So by just focusing on the hardcore crowd, they will save themselves a lot of work.

The sad thing is, by driving away the casual crowd, I think the game will end up with a very small population of hardcore players at end game. Whether the game can survive with that small group of players remains to be seen.

I am in agreement with you.

I am casual solo player by choice and for medical reasons. These changes tells me that I may no longer be welcome, nor is the money I already put into this game. I played STO for awhile and the gear/ship grind model sucks, one reason I don't play it anymore as a casual solo player.

So what if I buy a T2 item on the AH, I only solo, I am not hurting anyone. I play for enjoyment of the game and glad that someone put that T2 item on the Auction House. Makes my preferred solo game play easier and I appreciate it being there. I thought the Need=Bind on Pickup, Greed=Bind on Equip, was a good dungeon to Auction House solution, that would have served both casual and elite players. But the dungeon elitist seems to have won out here. Yeah, who cares about those casual players, screw them, make them quit.

Before you elitist scream out, none player, your opinion is not relevant, for the record, I was a hard core player/pvp'er for many years. WOW and Aion. Got tired of the drama that comes with it and my medical issues didn't help. My casual solo play style has worked out much better for me. This game has a good balance for both casual and elite play, please do not ruin it for either.
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    my only reply to this is..... 1 more of this brilliant ideas and if this actually goes tru ...... i am out
  • Options
    lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only mistake PWI made was naming this game Neverwinter (NW) instead of Neverwainter Auction House (NWAH). Currently, NWAH allows us to never have to run a dungeon. You mean I have to run a dungeon in an MMO game to get my gear?

"Oh, the horror!! ... why do that when I should just be able to run to the AH and buy all my gear?"

All one has to do is read through the posts in this thread and see that this is exactly the mentality going on in this game. The buyers are unhappy because they can't skip content to buy end game gear in minutes and the sellers are unhappy because they can't get super rich in minutes selling easily attainable gear to make AD. No one is worried about playing the game for ... wait for it ... FUN! The fact that so many in this game do not see a problem with this is interesting, to say the least.

Now I do understand some of the concerns brought up by the pro NWAH crowd. Mainly, what are high level players who have everything going to do now? The answer to that is the same as every other MMO in existence. You beat the current content in the game so if you want to keep playing you either continue running dungeons with friends and guild mates for fun and to help them gear up or you wait until additional content is released. In time new content will eventually be released that will take you further in your NW (not to be mistaken with NWAH) journey.

What really happened was that PWI spoiled many into believing that their MMO was meant to be a money grabbing greed fest game. These changes go to prove that although it is what it turned out to be, it was not meant to turn out this way. So they are now changing it to work as it was intended to work. There will be wrinkles to be ironed out for sure before it becomes a finely-tuned polished game, but this is a step in the right direction.

There will be some who will leave because they wanted to play NWAH. There will be others who will stay and readjust because they realize that although they were indoctrinated into playing NWAH, it was meant to be NW. And then there will be those who will remain because they are fully aware that the game NWAH was a broken greed fest AH game and they are glad it has been modified into a more traditional MMO.

The gobs of new player who will be joining this game from its release into the future won't know the difference. They will simply enjoy playing the great game rightly named ... Neverwinter.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lashes wrote: »
    The only mistake PWI made was naming this game Neverwinter (NW) instead of Neverwainter Auction House (NWAH). Currently, NWAH allows us to never have to run a dungeon. You mean I have to run a dungeon in an MMO game to get my gear?

"Oh, the horror!! ... why do that when I should just be able to run to the AH and buy all my gear?"

All one has to do is read through the posts in this thread and see that this is exactly the mentality going on in this game. The buyers are unhappy because they can't skip content to buy end game gear in minutes and the sellers are unhappy because they can't get super rich in minutes selling easily attainable gear to make AD. No one is worried about playing the game for ... wait for it ... FUN! The fact that so many in this game do not see a problem with this is interesting, to say the least.

Now I do understand some of the concerns brought up by the pro NWAH crowd. Mainly, what are high level players who have everything going to do now? The answer to that is the same as every other MMO in existence. You beat the current content in the game so if you want to keep playing you either continue running dungeons with friends and guild mates for fun and to help them gear up or you wait until additional content is released. In time new content will eventually be released that will take you further in your NW (not to be mistaken with NWAH) journey.

What really happened was that PWI spoiled many into believing that their MMO was meant to be a money grabbing greed fest game. These changes go to prove that although it is what it turned out to be, it was not meant to turn out this way. So they are now changing it to work as it was intended to work. There will be wrinkles to be ironed out before it becomes a polished game, but this is a step in the right direction.

There will be some who will leave because they wanted to play NWAH. There will be others who will stay and readjust because they realize that although they were indoctrinated into playing NWAH, it was meant to be NW. And then there will be those who will remain because they are fully aware that the game NWAH was a broken greed fest AH game and they are glad it has been modified into a more traditional MMO.

The gobs of new player who will be joining this game from its release into the future won't know the difference. They will simply enjoy playing the great game rightly named ... Neverwinter.

Seems you've ignored most of the posts and just blabbered your pre-formed assumptions all over the place.

People like me are upset - People who have ran t1's, t2's hundreds of times YES COMPLETING THE CONTENT AND WORKING FOR IT! But have the luck of the draw to NEVER end up with the gear we want/need. We enjoyed being able to STILL PROGRESS even with TERRIBLE DROP TABLES AND LUCK. WHILE STILL----GET THIS PART---- RUNNING THE ****ING CONTENT AND WORKING FOR IT!

The majority of my dungeon runs net me with some crappy t1 from a t2 dungeon chest.. Usually some belt worth 5k if I'm lucky enough it's not BOP as some are.. Never have I once in hundreds of runs actually got the gear I sought. I only geared my char from selling the stuff I did get and eventually buying it.

God ppl like you, make me rage....

Turn this game into yet ANOTHER endless mindnumbing grindfest of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I'm gone.
  • Options
    thebestjoethebestjoe Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013

What really happened was that PWI spoiled many into believing that their MMO was meant to be a money grabbing greed fest game. These changes go to prove that although it is what it turned out to be, it was not meant to turn out this way. So they are now changing it to work as it was intended to work. There will be wrinkles to be ironed out for sure before it becomes a finely-tuned polished game, but this is a step in the right direction.

You must not have trouble finding groups. I do not have a lot of friends in this game. I run as many dungeons as I can but the que times are awful and the pugs fall apart a lot. On the rare occasion I win an epic on a greed roll I can make a little AD to help buy the gear I am so desperately trying to earn. This is a bad idea and will only cause even longer que times because more people are going to quit. The horrible balancing and now this is already causing ridiculously long que times. There are a lot of people who like these ideas but from what I have been reading the majority do not. Well either way I really enjoy this game but it is getting less and less fun and time will tell as the population dwindles. I wonder if they do not care and are banking on newcomers dropping 50 bucks then moving on....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Seems you've ignored most of the posts and just blabbered your pre-formed assumptions all over the place.

People like me are upset - People who have ran t1's, t2's hundreds of times YES COMPLETING THE CONTENT AND WORKING FOR IT! But have the luck of the draw to NEVER end up with THE GEAR WE want/need. We enjoyed being able to STILL PROGRESS even with TERRIBLE DROP TABLES AND LUCK. WHILE STILL----GET THIS PART---- RUNNING THE ****ING CONTENT AND WORKING FOR IT!

Turn this game into yet ANOTHER endless mindnumbing grindfest of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I'm gone.

I understand why you are upset. But let's try to get a hold of our emotions and have a constructive debate.

I did not ignore the post in this thread. As a matter of fact, I read every single post and I understand your concern and why you are upset with this change. But your post does nothing to disprove what I wrote in my post. Repeatedly doing dungeons for end game gear is what MMO's are all about, not buying all of your end game gear from the AH because you are tired of running dungeons. Many are asking "where is the game play for those who have obtained all of the end game gear in the game." But what about those who ask "where is the challenge in this game when we can easily buy all of the end game from the auction house minutes after reaching level 60, which by the way can be achieved in a matter of days?"

TBH, I don't have a dog in this fight but let's be reasonable here. There is a reason why MMO's have functioned in this manner since forever.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    About the only way I could be in favor of this change would be:

Obtainable Epic Mount without any Zen Store involvement
    Obtainable Aug companion that does not require ~45 days of capping your refining without Zen Store involvement.
    Lesser weapon/armor enhancements added to mob drop tables somewhere
    Wards added to Seal vendor at a high price.
  • Options
    buravidburavid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you make items BoP not only will you lose your hard core player base who will be unwilling to run dungeons hundreds of times for "salvage" but you will also lose a truck load of money from players that like to buy Zen with real money and change it to AD to gear their characters. I'm surprised that the managers running your company would even consider a change to BoP. Financially, BoP is a bad move for Cryptic.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

One of the few posts on this topic I can agree with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is an unfortunate change. It makes a lot of loyal players very angry.

Dungeons are one of the most important part of the game to many people and Cryptic should be ADDING loot rather than making loot unattractive. There should be a chance of getting a good drop from random trash to incent people to do the entire dungeon and there should be a chance to get it in one of the side chests as well. Making gear BoP when the economy is already challenged as it is, is ludicrous.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thebestjoe wrote: »
    You must not have trouble finding groups. I do not have a lot of friends in this game. I run as many dungeons as I can but the que times are awful and the pugs fall apart a lot. On the rare occasion I win an epic on a greed roll I can make a little AD to help buy the gear I am so desperately trying to earn. This is a bad idea and will only cause even longer que times because more people are going to quit. The horrible balancing and now this is already causing ridiculously long que times. There are a lot of people who like these ideas but from what I have been reading the majority do not. Well either way I really enjoy this game but it is getting less and less fun and time will tell as the population dwindles. I wonder if they do not care and are banking on newcomers dropping 50 bucks then moving on....

I do sympathize with your concern. But concerns regarding the inability to find groups, not having enough friends, and lengthy que times shouldn't have anything to do with a game's loot mechanics. They are concerns for many to be sure, but they should be addressed with the implementation of solutions of relevance.
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thebestjoe wrote: »

Then find a guild. There are a ton of casual friendly guilds out there. Pugging deserves its place in hell with all the bad/new (usually just new in my experience) players. You don't have to though, you can join that social entity that will be there for much the same reasons as you.
    u13fd8a.png
  • Options
    omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    is this a ****ing joke? have you lost your minds??
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I understand why you are upset. But let's try to get a hold of our emotions and have a constructive debate.

I did not ignore the post in this thread. As a matter of fact, I read every single post and I understand your concern and why you are upset with this change. But your post does nothing to disprove what I wrote in my post. Repeatedly doing dungeons for end game gear is what MMO's are all about, not buying all of your end game gear from the AH because you are tired of running dungeons. Many are asking "where is the game play for those who have obtained all of the end game gear in the game." But what about those who ask "where is the challenge in this game when we can easily buy all of the end game from the auction house minutes after reaching level 60, which by the way can be achieved in a matter of days?"

TBH, I don't have a dog in this fight but let's be reasonable here. There is a reason why MMO's have functioned in this manner since forever.

Repeatedly grinding(now, even more then we already have to) easy dungeons does not = challenge. That's why I don't understand that argument. The way these loot tables are with only BOP, I could play this game for 2 years and still not end up with 1 Timeless drop.. Like I've said, I've ran T2's hundreds of times and not once gotten one. Luckily enough I played before PWE went bat**** crazy and I was able to still earn my set.

The way to add more challenge is to - add more and harder content. What a concept, actually improving the game instead of taking a step backwards.

I would be perfectly ok if they came out with a new hard dungeon that you needed BIS t2 to even attempt, that had some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> new t3 gear that was only BOP..

You know, leaving us enough gear to actually play the game as a reasonably attainable goal. Leaving high AD npc shop items as a reasonably attainable goal. Yet still having elite very hard to get BOP only gear in the game for the hardcore people who want to show off to own, and having it be a rare thing not everyone has. Hell maybe they could actually give this gear a new look for once.

The way they are going about this right now, just switching stuff thousands of people already have to BOP is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over everyone else.. It's not going to make t2 stuff rare and elite, thousands of ppl already have it!

Add new content, make THAT BOP! Do it fair at least..

BTW, some people DO enjoy playing the market on the AH.. Why is that a bad thing? Shouldn't they want to cater to as many people as possible letting everyone enjoy the game in the way they like?
  • Options
    buravidburavid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Dungeons are one of the most important part of the game to many people and Cryptic should be ADDING loot rather than making loot unattractive. There should be a chance of getting a good drop from random trash to encourage people to do the entire dungeon and there should be a chance to get it in one of the side chests as well. Making gear BoP when the economy is already challenged as it is ludicrous.

I agree with this. Add loot more people play. Cryptic are you listening?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The way to add more challenge is to - add more and harder content. What a concept, actually improving the game instead of taking a step backwards.

I would be perfectly ok if they came out with a new hard dungeon that you needed BIS t2 to even attempt, that had some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> new t3 gear that was only BOP..

You know, leaving us enough gear to actually play the game as a reasonably attainable goal. Leaving high AD npc shop items as a reasonably attainable goal. Yet still having elite very hard to get BOP only gear in the game for the hardcore people who want to show off to own, and having it be a rare thing not everyone has. Hell maybe they could actually give this gear a new look for once.
    There will be wrinkles to be ironed out for sure before it becomes a finely-tuned polished game, but this is a step in the right direction.

Those are all very good ideas in your post. But first things first ...

... one step at a time ...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013

People like me are upset - People who have ran t1's, t2's hundreds of times YES COMPLETING THE CONTENT AND WORKING FOR IT! But have the luck of the draw to NEVER end up with the gear we want/need. We enjoyed being able to STILL PROGRESS even with TERRIBLE DROP TABLES AND LUCK. WHILE STILL----GET THIS PART---- RUNNING THE ****ING CONTENT AND WORKING FOR IT!

The majority of my dungeon runs net me with some crappy t1 from a t2 dungeon chest.. Usually some belt worth 5k if I'm lucky enough it's not BOP as some are.. Never have I once in hundreds of runs actually got the gear I sought. I only geared my char from selling the stuff I did get and eventually buying it.

This EXACTLY. I will not have myself, my gear, my progress, and my enjoyment held hostage by a random number generator. Allow me to earn my gear and progress in a way that I can measure. I'm less concerned about the rate of that measurement. But id like the time I play to count for something. Id like to log on and know i've gotten closer to my goals and not just wasted another day simply because the RNG didn't like me once again.

I refuse to be subjected to pure randomness. If there is no alternative way to acquire gear, to progress. Then I simply wont participate.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I will LMAO literally when a month down the line they come out with the new "gauntyl lock box! try your luck today for a chance to get the BEST gear even unatainable from dungeouns! It is however a 0.01% of obtaining these gears from the box, but HEY! buy a thousand today and try your luck!"

When this happens....i will look for your post now. Then i will see what you say^^.
    My friend...you don't know PWI......enjoy your illusion now.

Oh in addition...."the gobs of new players blah blah blah".....are gonna get OWNED by the already geared up players, and they have NO WAY to get on par short of 6 months of grinding.

Tell me buddy. YOU would stay in a game you newly joined and get owned in any form of pvp content? Don't forget...DAILY pvp, DAILY pvp gauntylgrym.....as a NEW player would you stay, knowing that there is a whole other aspect of the game you will be TRASHED at?

DON'T WORRY^^ The new players will buy the new lockboxes to get on par...by the THOUSANDS^^
    Make sure u STAY for that bro. I wanna see you get 1 shot by the new BOUGHT gear^^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Players enjoying themselves way too much without using Zen Store. Put a stop to this please.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    People, two wrongs do not make a right. In other words, yes there are problems with the game in it's current state that may not support this change. But we should not be continuing to support a wrong because other mechanics around it are not working as intended. Let's make the wrong right, and then build a solid foundation around it. This game is in its infancy. There will be changes made that seem wrong right now but only because the rest of the game is not polished. In time, those wrinkles will be ironed out and the game will work more cohesively. No one change is going to fix everything. This can only be accomplished through numerous changes over a period of time.

Patience is a virtue.
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    for thos say folks with millions of diamonds are not supporting the game are dead wrong <mind you I only have 120k diamonds> but the folks with large amounts are def supporting the game? who do you think is buying all that zen from the exchange?

a change like this at this point in the game just hurts the casual gamers more as the hardcore people already have alot of diamonds wich will mean that it will take prob 6 months for the econmy to balance out to the the inablity to earn diamonds.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    for thos say folks with millions of diamonds are not supporting the game are dead wrong <mind you I only have 120k diamonds> but the folks with large amounts are def supporting the game? who do you think is buying all that zen from the exchange?

a change like this at this point in the game just hurts the casual gamers more as the hardcore people already have alot of diamonds wich will mean that it will take prob 6 months for the econmy to balance out to the the inablity to earn diamonds.

Game will never balance out the costs of epic mounts, decent companions, bags, and enchant removal costs unless they become available in game somewhere or costs drop.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This all smells like " more zen" in soo many ways.

If you cant sell the epic gear = you buy more AD with zen.
    Proffession gear not bnded = more proffession packs and quality resources = more zen.
    Manually forcing people to play ALOT longer so they would ether buy mroe zen (vconsumables etc) or sell AD = more zen profits.

I bet that at one point . .they will introduce "unbind with zen".
    Salvage is rough AD 100% so its limited by the pretty small daily refine limit.
This discussion has been closed.