test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• Options
    noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Trading items is the only thing that makes this game fun!

I don't want to get stuck endlessly farming something and praying the RNG pays off only to see Timmy-the-Newb getting every piece first try and I get stuck farming for 2-3 years and never complete a **** set.

Stop trying to turn this game into World of Warcraft.

Seriously. Screw BoP.
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    The biggest flaw I can see with this system is that players who already have full gear will no longer have any reason to dungeons. (Apart from helping friends)

Eventually as more and more people get full gear, there will be lesser number of dungeon groups making it harder for those who aren't fully geared to find parties.

Unless there's a constant supply of new players hitting level 60, I don't think this is a wise change in the long run.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    stormysg wrote: »
    The biggest flaw I can see with this system is that players who already have full gear will no longer have any reason to dungeons. (Apart from helping friends)

Eventually as more and more people get full gear, there will be lesser number of dungeon groups making it harder for those who aren't fully geared to find parties.

Unless there's a constant supply of new players hitting level 60, I don't think this is a wise change in the long run.

means need more content, higher level cap (I still dunno why stop at 60?)
  • Options
    boconbocon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is hilarious....Make 3 sets of armor. Make only 1 of those 3 sets any good. Make the end bosses drop 1 piece of gear. 1 in 15 chance of getting your item to drop. Will only get worse as more classes are added. Then, throw in DD event chest, that trolls you with mostly T1 items dropping from T2 chests and completely random drops.

I guess all of that wasn't hard enough. I guess the 41 times I ran FH for my T2 piece wasn't "rewarding enough". You clowns make gear **** near impossible to get from the dungeon itself, then you make it all BoP. GEE GEE.
  • Options
    fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Please, don't do this Cryptic, Devs, PWE, or whoever is in charge. This would not be a wise decision. We would see inflation on an unprecedented scale, and then when things became just too expensive, the economy would collapse. You have ten pages here of people advising against it, and most likely another 50 threads advising against it. The choice should be clear.

I hope this isn't another cash grab, but it probably is. Very soon we may see a new item coming to the Zen Market where you must pay to have items unbound from your character. Yet again, the rich win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
  • Options
    kievkiev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do like this change. Let's see on the NeverwinterPreview how it works.
  • Options
    tattooedangelstattooedangels Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The whole point to run a dungeon is to get loot to sell to get your own much needed gear. All the ancient gear is expensive and now how can i but my shiv if all the gear is BoP and i cant sell on my loot i pick up.l This is such a bad idea
  • Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can understand making the tier pieces BoP, I am however confused at why you would make seal gear BoP.
    What are we supposed to do with our thousands of seals from running dungeons if the gear is BoP ?

Can you also please stop giving me T1 garbage loot in my T2 delve chests, the loot that comes from them should be limited to loot for your class from the loot table of the end boss of the instance you are doing.
  • Options
    noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    i sense unbind-scrolls incoming to Zen market...
    this game is turning out to be the xbox one of mmo's :P
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This change says to me that casual, non-hardcore players aren't welcome in Neverwinter. This is the sort of thing I'd expect to see in an Asian F2P grinder (which I refuse to play).

Neverwinter has been such a breath of fresh air to me. It's one of the most casual, single-player friendly MMOs I've ever played. But the company seems determined to drive me away.

Still, there may be method to that madness. If all the casual gamers quit when they hit 60, then there's no need to develop anymore content for them. Casual PvE players are the most content hungry and demanding after all. So by just focusing on the hardcore crowd, they will save themselves a lot of work.

The sad thing is, by driving away the casual crowd, I think the game will end up with a very small population of hardcore players at end game. Whether the game can survive with that small group of players remains to be seen.
  • Options
    ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow if this goes live, I'm out. No more selling items on AH, no more helping guildies out with loot. I mean what are you guys smoking to come up with this?
  • Options
    tehsigtehsig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    Dear Development Team,
    What percentage of players need to object to this system once it's previewed for you to abandon this preposterous, game-ending-for-so-many-players idea?

Sincerely,
    -A Cleric Who Had to Buy the Still Broken Miracle Healer Set

P.S. Prediction: No amount of satisfaction will stem from completing any tiered 4/4 set if it's not only BOP but also still broken.
  • Options
    shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is such a horrible idea. People with Best in Slot gear will have exactly zero reasons to run dungeons anymore.

How many AD will this "Salvage NPC" give for a purple loot? And exactly which items will be or won't be BoP? How the hell are we, new players, supposed to gain AD then? I'm sure the NPC won't give 400k for a pair of Shadow weaver's gloves.
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So is it all gear that is going BOP or only certain select sets? From some post earlier in the thread it seems its only a few select pieces. If this is the case you can still the off set pieces letting the new 60 gear up enough to run those instances to farm BIS if they want. I do agree it does kind of turn off those that already have those pieces but truth to tell you can't get those people to run those instance anyways.

So if it is only select pieces I'm all for it if it is all 60 epics then this is a very poor choice.
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From Cryptic/PWE perspective this new system is a lot better than existing one, when you can buy everything on AH. Players who already made their fortunes (mostly by abusing exploits) aren't and never be a client for PWE anymore. With millions of AD they won't spent a dime on this game so they are useless:
    - for PWE, because they will never have any need to buy anything/support the game
    - they are also useless or even harmful for most of the playerbase because as high-end characters they will always seek a way to increase their fortunes by abusing broken mechanics in every possible way, breaking the economy even more, what hits all honest players.

I fully support incoming changes. They are very needed in times when so many players forgot the fun of doing things together just to run for stuff they can sell, exploiting dungeons as much they can. If their only reason to play was increasing AD fortunes by exploiting I will not miss them. The game will be better of without this pest.
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Someone needs to take a deep breath and *think* about what they're doing. Yes there were a lot of complaints about the loot system primarily about the abuse of the NEED function ^-^.

Why try and force players into narrow alleyways of play not to mention the *dungeons* are an exploit, glitch ridden, wall climbing /type kill, campfire hopping joke. And this is not the way to stop exploiting. Energy would be better placed working on that rather than this lazy back door approach. If you want to make a useful change do away with rollable loot and introduce individual loot- BoE loot.

Making loot BoP benefits who exactly?
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't even think it benefits PWE let alone anyone else.

That's what's so startling about this. I'm not sure they even know what's good for them.

Do they want an enchantment-only economy? The values of non-BiS items that they leave as BoE are not going to be significantly increased by this change. People don't care if it's non-BiS. They will just run easy to farm PVP gear until they get BiS, still skipping all the junk pieces on the AH.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is somewhat odd, since the only things that really should be made bind on pickup are Glory items (to stop AFK botters making AD this way), anything won on a NEED roll in Dungeons (to stop ninjas) , and current BiS items (to encourage people to actually play the game to get the very best gear).
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bind on pickup, cool I have no reason to run dungeons anymore, nor does anyone in my guild.
    Thanks Cryptic/PWE.

Good luck you poor suckers who are just hitting 60.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really bad idea...
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not just bad, it's plain stupid.
    Mainly with the RNG in this game. I get more T1 gear from T2 runs then anything else.
    After this patch, I don't think I'm even going to bother leveling my alt.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    mynameisroustmynameisroust Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dirfinge wrote: »
    It's the worst idea I have had What are you thinking? they believe that we are all hardcore?

Most of the comments on here are whining about not being able to buy a full set of best in slot gear for an alt without putting any effort forth. Its really a shame that the gaming community has gotten to the point that people are hell bent on instant gratification. What is the point of buying all this gear and sitting around in Protectors Enclave doing nothing? You don't have to be hardcore to run a dungeon every now and then to acquire gear, its supposed to be a process, not something that takes two hours. THIS TYPE OF SYSTEM IS IN JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER MMO THAT CURRENTLY LIVE... remember that people before you jump on the hate train.
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everyone here remembers that. Why should this be EVERY OTHER MMO

Maybe we'll just go play EVERY OTHER MMO in that case.

Add fun not grind please. What's with all the grindjunkies?
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Too many options for bad loot/not the loot you want/need, less chances of getting the loot you want/need, less chance of ever completing a set, yea right, gl finding a group, gl ever achieving what you set out to do, its just logic, if you do not see that then you are living in a dreamworld.
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Step back a moment, and think about why Cryptic is doing this. There was a vocal complain about ninja looting, and the new need-button-grey out-if-not-your-class will only work so much. You still have the situation where a player already with BiS gears Needing and depriving a party member of the same class who really needed the gear. BoP will solve this GREEDY PLAYER issue.

Whose fault is it that Cryptic is implementing this? The greedy players. If everyone would be decent, greed to sell instead of needing to sell, we wouldn't even have this at all. But people are greedy, so there.

My suggestion is this: item becomes BoP if it was NEEDED. If not, they remain BoE. Now you can eliminate ninja looting, and still able to make trading possible.
  • Options
    laurelionlaurelion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Why then do we have AD in game if its not to buy the best gears? Think about your paying customers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If the RNG in this game wasn't a piece of ****, I wouldn't mind this change.
    But just lol, I'm still shocked by the stupidity of this.
    Grind = boredom = time to do something else somewhere else.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    mynameisroustmynameisroust Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    Everyone here remembers that. Why should this be EVERY OTHER MMO

Maybe we'll just go play EVERY OTHER MMO in that case.

Add fun not grind please. What's with all the grindjunkies?

yep because actually playing the game and completing content for entertainment is a grind... I think you might be playing the wrong genre of game, friend.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ya completing the same content 500 times for entertainment

I think there are plenty of grindy mmos out there you could go grind yourself into a drooling catatonic state and not ruin this one thanks

Already been farming CN so not sure what else you want me to complete, there will be no reason for me to run anything if this change goes through
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Most of the comments on here are whining about not being able to buy a full set of best in slot gear for an alt without putting any effort forth. Its really a shame that the gaming community has gotten to the point that people are hell bent on instant gratification. What is the point of buying all this gear and sitting around in Protectors Enclave doing nothing? You don't have to be hardcore to run a dungeon every now and then to acquire gear, its supposed to be a process, not something that takes two hours. THIS TYPE OF SYSTEM IS IN JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER MMO THAT CURRENTLY LIVE... remember that people before you jump on the hate train.

Quoted for truth.
This discussion has been closed.