test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    izidius wrote: »
    I bet the "Salvage NPC" will give a crappy amount of AD in exchange for the purple loot.

I checked it out. Here is the values that showed up. For a tier 1 ring and belt, each would give me 3k rough diamonds. For a tier 2 necklace it was 6k. Tier 2 boots, arms and helmets were 8k. Tier 2 off hand items and armor was 10k
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This change pretty much punishes casual and semi-casual players like myself. I play Foundry quests and Skirmishes mostly, since I'm pretty much burned out by the main plot. Combined with Rhix's dailies, I earn a regular stream of AD that I use to upgrade my gear. Remember that hardcore players are a minority in most games, so you'll end up alienating most of your player base just to reward a select few for having no lives outside the game.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I checked it out. Here is the values that showed up. For a tier 1 ring and belt, each would give me 3k rough diamonds. For a tier 2 necklace it was 6k. Tier 2 boots, arms and helmets were 8k. Tier 2 off hand items and armor was 10k

Nice, thanks...that exchange rate seems really low =/
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This change constitutes a bait-and-switch IMO
  • Options
    bozar3000bozar3000 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Many End-Game, Purple Loot Items are Changing from Bind-on-Equip to Bind-on-Pickup

No way, man! :P
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok... so if I run a dungeon and get a very rare item, but it's something I can't or won't use, my only option is to trade/salvage it for ADs? But... whereas I could normally use said ADs to buy gear that I can use, from other players who are selling it on the AH... that will no longer be an option.

How about this - keep the items as-is, but add some prerequisite in order to don gear of a certain rating - like you must have completed the dungeon said piece of gear is from, in order to use it.

While you're at it, how about making green level 60 gear drops worth something - like what if you could take a piece of green level 60 gear to an NPC who will break it down, thus granting you some profession materials or such. What is returned would be better if it were ID'd and less if left un-ID'd.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    derangedfetishderangedfetish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Horrible idea, clearly designed to make us buy the AD with money (Selling dungeon loot for AD was the only decent way to obtain it)
    And one word of advice for everyone: No point in playtesting this on the Preview, they probably already made up their minds and won't change anything despite feedback (Just as it happened with the "balance" patch).
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh god.

Do you guys actually agree on something? Since open beta release all we heard wad P2W everyone can buy better gear than me by just paying real money, PvP is for the one that put 100 usd per week in the game. And now, what about my loot, so you want to sell dungeons items but not to the one that buy zen and transfer AD. You want to get gear without effort and without real money. Or we should read : "stop nerfing exploit, how I'll use non legit AD to get stuffed"?

End of the world scenario! I will become poor if 1 set out of 4 is BoP and everyone AD income drops. Everyone will be poor and no one will ever able to buy anything out off the AH. Even tho a NPC will give me AD for BOP loots there's no point doing dungeons, because NPC will pay less then rich people I blame ruining the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If this goes live it will kill the game for many reasons the biggest is once somebody gets the items they need from a dungen they will never need to run that dungen again. Which means they wont ever run that dungen again nobody runs dungens for fun its about the reward. if there is no reward there is no point. the dungen que already takes hours as a dps. it will get worse once people figure out there is no point in running as they have all the loot.

this is insane its just a lazy way of fixing the loot system. instead of actualy developing a loot system that requires you at actualy be able to use the item toroll need. they think that makeing it bop will stop the ninja looting. People will still ninja now just for salvage.

this will not work all it will do is make people stop playing. I am not going to spend hour+ in a pointless dungen for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. there are to many games on the market to put up with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this goes live me and wife will def be quiting.

For months on end people have been farming this gear i finaly am almost to end game and just when I get there everything goes bop so all thos people that rushed to 60 made millions of ad on this loot and now I get jack.

instead of being lucky and winning that helm nobody needed and sell it on the ah to somebody who did for 500k to million ad or trade it for my item. I will get prob 50 ad from a stupid vendor.

yes this will be a fair change. my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

and this
    (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)
    thos who already farmed these items not only got rich but now there going to be richer cause these unbound items will quadruple in value cause there the only ones you can now sell.
    There will still be some BoE items found in dungeons that can be sold on the Auction House.
    this should say there is still some garbage that will be boe cause it will only be the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nobody wants anyway so it will be worthless.

8k salvage for helms currenly valued at 500,000+ ad thats a freaking insult.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    superkhesuperkhe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IMHO the changes proposed are interesting and mostly benefical to the game.

But the AD values posted by dardove do look a bit too low, I would expect at least double than that. Specially cause they are rough diamonds that need to be refined.

I do get a bit worried about the impact on the Zen prices too.
  • Options
    mordikaymordikay Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bad bad idea.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    superkhe wrote: »
    IMHO the changes proposed are interesting and mostly benefical to the game.

But the AD values posted by dardove do look a bit too low, I would expect at least double than that. Specially cause they are rough diamonds that need to be refined.

I do get a bit worried about the impact on the Zen prices too.

ya rough astral diamonds that you can only refind 24000 a day so instead of selling said item for 500,000 you can then spend you get 10k diamods that you prob won't even be able to refine due to the refine cap.

So break out your wallet and buy some zen and buy your diamonds
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    ya rough astral diamonds that you can only refind 24000 a day so instead of selling said item for 500,000 you can then spend you get 10k diamods that you prob won't even be able to refine due to the refine cap.

So break out your wallet and buy some zen and buy your diamonds

I am thinking that is EXACTLY why they are doing this...if this comes out I'm outta here.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If this goes live i'm out.

(I bought some zen but I regret it now)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    also let me point out this little tidbit. the salvage rewards ROUGH ASTRAL DIAMONDS.

here is how this will work Player logs in hmm do i spend 4 hours doing dailies or do i run a dungen roll need on everything salvage it then bam i have met my 24k daily cap for ad.

this will make ninja looting even more of a problem
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    also let me point out this little tidbit. the salvage rewards ROUGH ASTRAL DIAMONDS.

here is how this will work Player logs in hmm do i spend 4 hours doing dailies or do i run a dungen roll need on everything salvage it then bam i have met my 24k daily cap for ad.

this will make ninja looting even more of a problem

But since yesterday you cant need item you cant use. Glad to see you do your research before sharing your theory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Am pretty sure the unrefined cap will be increased, since they already know that it would take only a few runs to get the cap.

People go berserk so easy with change, game is only a few month old lol...

Bring out the winds of change!!! XD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    srazy wrote: »
    Am pretty sure the unrefined cap will be increased, since they already know that it would take only a few runs to get the cap.

People go berserk so easy with change, game is only a few month old lol...

Bring out the winds of change!!! XD

dude are you crazy increased? you do relize that this is same company that runs star trek online with the same system except they call it dilithum they did not increase the refine cap there they actualy cut it in half. they will not increase the cap if anything they will cut it in half.
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Those winds are from the departing crowd.
  • Options
    carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    worst idea ever... whose idea is it? he should be fired
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Everyone farm dungeons now very fast because your non-BP items will be worth 4,000,000 AD instead of 500,000.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My God, the terrible ideas that you guys put in to the game just don't stop. Do you even listen to your playerbase?
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I also dont like the idea.

I think a good solution for this problem is making DD chest gear BoP and boss drops BoE. This way item will became very rare like u want (since bosses rarely drop T1-T2 set pieces) and people can still be rewarded at the final of the dungeon.... if u dont need the BoP item u got from DD chest u can always use the Salvage system to earn some extra AD.

Ofc with this we will still have a lot of epics in the AH to sell but i believe the numbers will drop alot and the value of the item will grow aswell, also non T1-T2 set pieces epics will have more value coz will be hard to find/buy set peices.

Aside of DD chest items no other items should have BoP mostly item related to Professions.... they are already so hard to get....
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The rough AD is a bit, well, 'rough'. I can live with refined.
    It's purely selfish, but my Leadership is edging close to 20 now & I was planning to concentrate on AD collection (leadership XP atm), I'll have 9 slots & it was hard grind to get to that.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dude are you crazy increased? you do relize that this is same company that runs star trek online with the same system except they call it dilithum they did not increase the refine cap there they actualy cut it in half. they will not increase the cap if anything they will cut it in half.

What most of you fail to get is that i doubt the devs had in mind for ancient weaponry being sold for 1 mill ad, you must know by now that 1 mill ad is 3k zen, 3k zen 30usd, and by allowing the weaponry being sold at that price its giving to Neverwinter the tag of being P2W.

This will update change that, now if you want to have lets say... 20k GS, you will earn that. Plain and simple. No more p2w.
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    This seems perfectly normal to me, but then I'm coming from WoW. Simply being able to buy all the best possible gear has always seemed like a weird concept. If you can get everything in this way, doesn't it in turn greatly diminish the value of what you own? Or takes the focus away from adventuring in favor of accumulating astral diamonds? Earning something... quite literally.

Having said that, this game allowed the current state of affairs to last for a while now - any drastic change of this sort is going to put newer players at a disadvantage. Those who have had time to run numerous dungeons and sell stuff must've accumulated quite some wealth by now. Others had much easier time gearing up. Someone arriving at a later date might find it considerably more difficult to catch up.
    As such, it feels like this would be better done when newer, better tiers of gear become introduced. If you would only make the stuff from Gauntlgrym and whatever comes in future work this way, then everyone would have an even field to begin with.

If the game runners at Cryptic do wish to go ahead with this idea, however, then they should first consider improving upon how other facets of the loot system work. Some RNG is acceptable (or perhaps even desired to keep things less predictable), but rampant RNG is what usually turns people away. No one enjoys having to run the same place 30 times and still not even see what they were after drop. Really. There is a point when it all just becomes frustrating and simply not worth one's time. There is a line that just makes people not care if they are forced to cross it.
    It's also a lesson that the developers of World of Warcraft has still not fully learned even after all these years, and a chance for the developers of Neverwinter to actually prove themselves smarter.

Amen. Have this only change post-gaunt items to BoP.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's way too late to do anything like this, honestly. All this will do is make people that are just now getting their character to 60, say F it and quit, especially when they realize how easy it was to get gear before.

You guys ****ed up big time by making all the best gear BoE in the first place, and finally, after months and months, you're just now trying to salvage your horrible decision? *sigh*

If I didn't love D&D so much, I'd have been gone a while ago.
  • Options
    superkhesuperkhe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wich problems they are trying to address with this change? They told us what they are changing, but not why.

Im just a player like everybody, so I can only take some guesses... but I think it has to do with people that charge big amounts of Zen getting full endgame gear too fast and losing interest in the game since they cant provide new content as fast. These changes may actually improve the experience for them (or at least keep this public longer), buying them time to provide new content.

They probably also know that the sellers of endgame gear will be obviously upset, but that they can only be upset because they are used to how things are now... and that will change.

Or maybe Im completely off, I dunno. lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    srazy wrote: »
    What most of you fail to get is that i doubt the devs had in mind for ancient weaponry being sold for 1 mill ad, you must know by now that 1 mill ad is 3k zen, 3k zen 30usd, and by allowing the weaponry being sold at that price its giving to Neverwinter the tag of being P2W.

This will update change that, now if you want to have lets say... 20k GS, you will earn that. Plain and simple. No more p2w.

To get 7 greater tene enchants you still need to buy Wards from shop. So still P2W.
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If this goes live it will kill the game for many reasons the biggest is once somebody gets the items they need from a dungen they will never need to run that dungen again. Which means they wont ever run that dungen again nobody runs dungens for fun its about the reward. if there is no reward there is no point. the dungen que already takes hours as a dps. it will get worse once people figure out there is no point in running as they have all the loot.

this is insane its just a lazy way of fixing the loot system. instead of actualy developing a loot system that requires you at actualy be able to use the item toroll need. they think that makeing it bop will stop the ninja looting. People will still ninja now just for salvage.

this will not work all it will do is make people stop playing. I am not going to spend hour+ in a pointless dungen for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. there are to many games on the market to put up with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this goes live me and wife will def be quiting.

For months on end people have been farming this gear i finaly am almost to end game and just when I get there everything goes bop so all thos people that rushed to 60 made millions of ad on this loot and now I get jack.

instead of being lucky and winning that helm nobody needed and sell it on the ah to somebody who did for 500k to million ad or trade it for my item. I will get prob 50 ad from a stupid vendor.

yes this will be a fair change. my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

and this

thos who already farmed these items not only got rich but now there going to be richer cause these unbound items will quadruple in value cause there the only ones you can now sell.

this should say there is still some garbage that will be boe cause it will only be the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nobody wants anyway so it will be worthless.

8k salvage for helms currenly valued at 500,000+ ad thats a freaking insult.

The only reason nobody runs dungeons for fun is because the boss mechanics are a joke, traps are a joke, and "exploration" is a joke. So you are right, the main reason people run dungeons right now is for the rewards.(gear)
This discussion has been closed.