test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can get wards off of the AH or from celestial coins. Don't have to pay anything. If this goes through though... it's just going to alienate old and new players alike - I would almost swear they're trying to drive players away with all the bull**** they've been doing in the last few weeks.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    You can get wards off of the AH or from celestial coins.

Only because you can, does not mean its not P2W. Anyone with $260,00 can get a year of ward farming right now.

Of course no one will do that because the game is dead now
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    To get 7 greater tene enchants you still need to buy Wards from shop. So still P2W.

This thread has nothing to do with wards, its about loot, and using the highest weapon enchants its a choice, u can easily trade for wards without spending a single dime.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    srazy wrote: »
    This thread has nothing to do with wards, its about loot, and using the highest weapon enchants its a choice, u can easily trade for wards without spending a single dime.

Not anymore xD
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make 26 accounts get a year of ward farming in 1 week.

Back to the topic at hand please.
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh what?! I can't just sit on my daddy's credit card and have everything I want? I actually have to do dungeons now to get the gear that is inside of them. Oh no. What ever am I going to do now that I actually have to work for loot. Oh noes!!!! OH NOES!!! wAI!!!!111!!1!

Good. All of you guys that feel like you deserve everything with no effort involved go play something else. You think It'll destroy this game...nah....it'll make it better cause the people left will actually work for what they get. What?! you expected to just stand in red circles and get purples? Welp....unfortunately not all of us have downs...go back to Barbie's horse adventure or wherever you came from....
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Only because you can, does not mean its not P2W. Anyone with $260,00 can get a year of ward farming right now.

Of course no one will do that because the game is dead now

Man, i didnt spend a dime on this game and i already have ioun stone, full T2, +7 enchaments, CN rings, etc.... Ofc u can buy it all with AD which u can get by buying ZEN but that doesnt mean is P2W..... actually i think me and many other players that didnt spend a dime in this game have better gear, mounts, companions, etc... than people who already spend 200$ with the game.

wards cost arround 90k AD in the AH.... is that so hard for u to get ??
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    do not like it so now you will have to unbind if you want to sell something that you were able to pick and you already had so you will be able to sell it lol then probably prizes will rise again XD and depending on the amount of AD that you get for salvage you will reconsider eithe rto sell in the AH or salvage depending on your necesity :P
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    Man, i didnt spend a dime on this game and i already have ioun stone, full T2, +7 enchaments, CN rings, etc.... Ofc u can buy it all with AD which u can get by buying ZEN but that doesnt mean is P2W..... actually i think me and many other players that didnt spend a dime in this game have better gear, mounts, companions, etc... than people who already spend 200$ with the game.

delete all your items and do that again with this new system.unless you're going to spend all day capping the rough AD limit on bunch alts,you going be charging zen for those items.thats a job not a game at that point,might as well just charge zen.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

its easy now but try to do that after this patch. good luck
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    delete all your items and do that again with this new system.unless you're going to spend all day capping the rough AD limit on bunch alts,you going be charging zen for those items.thats a job not a game at that point,might as well just charge zen.

Paying ZEN or not u will have to farm all gear anyways with the new system coz u cant buy gear from AH anymore. As i said i didnt spend any money in the game so far so if i deleted all my items i would have to farm them again, not buy anything.

Also if the new system go forward the AD prices will probably drop A LOT.
    its easy now but try to do that after this patch. good luck

I dont think they will worth 90k if the new system goes forward.... Also just for the record im againts this new BoP system, all they should do is add BoP from DD chest items, i dont have numbers but i bet 90% of the T1-T2 set pieces gear in AH are coming from DD chests.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    elahndra wrote: »
    Oh what?! I can't just sit on my daddy's credit card and have everything I want? I actually have to do dungeons now to get the gear that is inside of them. Oh no. What ever am I going to do now that I actually have to work for loot. Oh noes!!!! OH NOES!!! wAI!!!!111!!1!

Good. All of you guys that feel like you deserve everything with no effort involved go play something else. You think It'll destroy this game...nah....it'll make it better cause the people left will actually work for what they get. What?! you expected to just stand in red circles and get purples? Welp....unfortunately not all of us have downs...go back to Barbie's horse adventure or wherever you came from....

I can't LOL at you enough. I work ~50 hours a week, and I'm probably one of the people supporting your ability to play a free game.

I have a cleric build thread with 200,000+ views, I'm actually a pretty productive member of this community (more than yourself, I'd bet). It's not about wanting free this or that. It's about this company actually respecting the community they want to build.

Your post doesn't do much to give you any credibility.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A little confused how anyone is supposed to make AD in game if this goes in...

Rough AD? Really? are we still going to be capped at 24k?

All this change does is ensure people have to actually buy Zen with $ for high end store items.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Paying ZEN or not u will have to farm all gear anyways with the new system coz u cant buy gear from AH anymore. As i said i didnt spend any money in the game so far so if i deleted all my items i would have to farm them again, not buy anything.

Also if the new system go forward the AD prices will probably drop A LOT.

i have full sets of end game gear in f2p games that i earned over very long period of time,but they are completely worthless,because they are clean.i never could refine them to high enough level from cash shop items,you had use make them worthwhile.the gear you have is nice,but the high priced enchants and pets is what really makes your character run.

people have to realize this is not wow,but f2p game.clean end game gear ain't worth ****.
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    I can't LOL at you enough. I work ~50 hours a week, and I'm probably one of the people supporting your ability to play a free game.

I have a cleric build thread with 200,000+ views, I'm actually a pretty productive member of this community (more than yourself, I'd bet). It's not about wanting free this or that. It's about this company actually respecting the community they want to build.

Your post doesn't do much to give you any credibility.

Let's be honest here. Nothing said here really merits any credibility because it's just all opinions, pixels and entertainment. I'll take 50 people that know their class over 500 that payed for a bunch of shines with real money. you work 50~hours a week...well join the club. You should understand then how it's nice to have your effort rewarded with something that isn't mundanely available. AS FAR AS YOUR CONTRIBUTION....whatever helps you sleep at night bud. I'll hold a candle to you any day of the week and not be full of myself doing it.
  • Options
    flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    Won't this make Cryptic lose money? I mean what are people even going to use Astral Diamonds for now if not to buy better gear? And face it, you can't really do most tier one level dungeons without already having tier one gear because the bosses are pretty rough. Why would anyone run dungeons after they get the gear they need if they can't sell things they find? I doubt that salvage is going to be worth the hassle at all.

If people don't have anything to spend AD on, (except I guess wards or something) then they won't buy zen to trade in for AD, which means no money.

You say it's to make gear seem more special and unique, but couldn't this be solved by adding more gear? Or maybe if blue and green level 60 items were worth a **** (stat wise) then this wouldn't be such a big deal, but they're not. Blue and green can't get you anywhere in a tier one dungeon.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    elahndra wrote: »
    Let's be honest here. Nothing said here really merits any credibility because it's just all opinions, pixels and entertainment. I'll take 50 people that know their class over 500 that payed for a bunch of shines with real money. you work 50~hours a week...well join the club. You should understand then how it's nice to have your effort rewarded with something that isn't mundanely available. AS FAR AS YOUR CONTRIBUTION....whatever helps you sleep at night bud. I'll hold a candle to you any day of the week and not be full of myself doing it.

If it was all pixels, opinions and entertainment... well; it wouldn't cost money. Honestly man, I'm not trying to insult you, but you kind of invited it with your first post, admit it. Can put down my contributions however you want, but they're still there, and yours aren't.
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Won't this make Cryptic lose money? I mean what are people even going to use Astral Diamonds for now if not to buy better gear? And face it, you can't really do most tier one level dungeons without already having tier one gear because the bosses are pretty rough. Why would anyone run dungeons after they get the gear they need if they can't sell things they find? I doubt that salvage is going to be worth the hassle at all.

If people don't have anything to spend AD on, (except I guess wards or something) then they won't buy zen to trade in for AD, which means no money.

You say it's to make gear seem more special and unique, but couldn't this be solved by adding more gear? Or maybe if blue and green level 60 items were worth a **** (stat wise) then this wouldn't be such a big deal, but they're not. Blue and green can't get you anywhere in a tier one dungeon.

^^
    this ... umm if i cant spend AD to twink my alts why do i even have it at all? everyone is worries about making AD but umm what are you going to spend it on? their won't be anything worthwhile besides enchants to buy if this goes live
  • Options
    jreaper85jreaper85 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    So when do you plan on fixing the HUGE nerf to rogues PVE single target damage?
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lots of MMOs have BoP for endgame epics. The problem is once you fully gear up you start raiding. This would add the BoP factor but no raids. Gauntlgrym would be only raid type event and after a month or two of that you will be ready for next raid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quickkill46quickkill46 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i find this to be a bad move this late into the game in regards to already released gear. if this applied to gauntlegrym gear and future gear i would be fine with it but with all of the exploits that have happened all this will do is punish players who play legitly(although ill use this term loosely) this will affect fully t2+cn geared people in regards to lessen the amount of ad they will be able to earn running end game content and selling all unneeded drops(for them at least) on the ah. it will hurt the players that are in the middle of the transition from t1 to t2/cn gear since not only do they have to run the content but the odds of them getting a piece of gear they need is actually decently low(say if you need the master assassin's helm you would have a 1/5 chance of it being your class and a 1/3 chance of it being for that set if it even drops from the end boss of spellplague if doing this during dd you have a 2nd chance at it from the dd chest but then that will be selected from any of the t1/t2 neck and helms for your class) one of the answers that was posted was that there would still be 1 set boe that will drop but since the tr one was spoiled to be the murderous jester set(arguably the worst set of the 3 t2 sets assassin's isnt much further ahead but is still more useful) this leads me to believe that its planned for these sets that see little to no use due to the fact the other ones are better being the boe ones. all i can see this change hurting the current players but slowing the progress of the future players which i guess technically artificially prolongs the games life just like the adds artificially make the bosses challenging
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Salvaging rewards will be ridiculously low like 3-4k AD per T2 set item , calling it right now . These changes will be made for only 1 purpose - PWE wants you to buy more Zen and basicly destroys the main way to AD so the game can become a real grind to the point where you'll be forced to buy zen becuz you won't have enough AD to use the zen exchange anymore for anything meaningfull lfrom the zen shop period .
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    God forbid I clear CN 4/4 10 times and earn enough AD to buy the offhand that wouldn't drop.

What was wrong with that, exactly? Not grindy enough for PWE? They want to change it into a game that isn't the game I decided to support.

If they do this I can clear CN 4/4 10 times and earn... enough to buy a rank 5 enchantment? I guess they want us all camping skill nodes.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    I'm a fan of the change as well in all honesty, can add a bit of longevity to the dungeon crawl having to actually work towards loot rather than opening the wallet/purse.

And this comes from Hero Of the North , like seriously ?
  • Options
    inserthealsinsertheals Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, help me out guys. I'm really trying to like your game, but you continuously are making this harder and harder for me to like your game.

Have you ever played an MMO?

Legit?

This patch is forcing everyone to completely relearn their class and I can BARELY be bothered playing your game anymore which is really sad.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    beware!
    high price T2 items on AH is coming .... :)
  • Options
    iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really don't get it. What's the point of the auction house now? I can sell enchants and anything I buy with zen?

I am really trying to like this game - I loved the first month or so. You guys really just don't seem to know what's best for your own game and seem to be extremely inexperienced in developing MMO's.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    And this comes from Hero Of the North , like seriously ?

Also have guardian, and brought two other of my close friends both hero and guardian packs.

I do understand why people will not like this change, myself I enjoy the change. However it ends I wont be upset, but I feel that voicing an opinion on a patch note forum be it for or against is ok, I wouldn't poo-poo others opinions however when they disagree with me, because we all feel differently about a great many things in this world.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a terrible idea that will probably cause me to leave the game..

At least 80% of the time I end up with nothing but a junky jewlery from the chest worth barely anything.. I keep running them because once in a while I get a decent armor piece worth some AD on the AH so I can sell it and buy what I need. I have NEVER once in hundreds of runs gotten one single item that I actually wanted to equip on my character..

I completely HATE the idea of this change, it just turns the game into a uphill gear grind like so many others I have quit playing due to just that.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    would be nice if they stopped tier 1 loot dropping from T2 delve chests.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
This discussion has been closed.