wholyhandgrenade wrote: »
I just want the respect tokens.
shajib1234 wrote: »
Guardian Fighter protectors are meant to be the super tanks, the complete opposite end of a conquerors, which does massive damage. I hope guardian fighters gets adjusted depending on what build they go. As of now, it is absolutely useless to play a guardian fighter protector build because the extra defense abilities are insignificant, in comparison to the insane amount of dps output by conquerors. Its not surprising to see majority of the GFs playing as a conqueror, cos the other 2 builds are useless.
PS- the coming update is going in the right direction generally speaking, but its far from what it should be.
wholyhandgrenade wrote: »
I can honestly say that if rogues are one hitting everyone else in PvP at level 60 that a 50 to 60% reduction is likely needed. The better fix would likely have been to make armor and defense more defensive and less totally worthless. If you defense up there simply isn't a noticeable difference in the damage you receive in this game, in PvP you are still being one and two hit constantly while maxing your defense. Defense in this game is absolutely a broken joke.
osadamask wrote: »
I completely agree, the fact that building a defense based character makes little difference is the real issue. Defense values need to have more significant of a change in damage.
osadamask wrote: »
Enchants need some major rebalancing >>
xatriu wrote: »
Just got off the test server and i gotta say im STILL disappointed with the GWF. Sure its an improvement, but numbers still arent quite there. Id like Sure Strike to do a bit more damage, it STILL wouldnt harm a TR's role in a party. Im not entirely sure about base numbers of things, but i hate looking at my rogue being geared in pvp gear dealing near 1.2k damage per attack with only 1.55k power, whereas my GWF whos geared with Ancient Castle Never weapon set, part T2 (Vigilant Warlord) and part T1 (Berserker Set) only scratches 750 damage with Sure Strike. My weapon carrying 805-984 damage combined with 4k power should definately hit harder than 750! I would personally like to see that number at at least 1k per hit (for someone geared like me), we STILL would b NOWHERE NEAR the single target DPS that TR has. But at least then we would better fit the description of 2ndary Striker.
Also for the GWF's that wants to go the off-tank way, u should add increased threat to Wicked Strike (or make some paragon feat apply it) so we can effectively get aggro from trash and keep that aggro as well, because as it stands now, the only 2 AoE's that gives aggro is Slam (Daily, and if u HAVE that feat) and Daring Shout (again, u need to have a feat) also Dearing Shout does no initial damage, but with the feat u get 5% of ur total power dealt as damage when using this skill which with a total power of 4k that translates into...200 damage............ Just give wicked strike added threat and b done with it already!
On the flipside, non-Sentinel path players can still do their AoE job using Weaponmaster's Strike without worrying about unwanted aggro.
Now to something different and just as critical. Pvp!
I think that the efficiency of armor pen should b toned down. On my GWF i went the Sentinel paragon line.. Doing PvP, a high end geared rogue will still kick ur butt. eventhough i have 40% damage reduction, 40% deflect chance, 34ac, 2.4k armor and the sentinel trees passive (Increases defensive stat by 20%, but doesnt show on char sheet) i STILL eat 800-1k damage per knife from TR's ranged at-will.. He has 12.. Thats 10k+ damage.. Almost half my hp.. That is just plain wrong and imba when im described as an offtank! Also high end WC's deals devestating numbers and personally i believe that Armor Pen stacking is the reason for this.
In short, my not so well geared TR with lots of armor pen wrecks everything, my fairly high end tanky lil beef ball (Halfling) gets wrecked too fast by everything.
In the end though. I DO enjoy my GWF for PvE, i love its skillset and farming with him is a blast. But i must say i absolutely HATE PvP with him. For PvP i play my TR.
The reasons i hate PvP with my GWF is our lack of ability to absorb damage. I would like to able to grab the attention of things, endure being shot at and stuff while other team members does the killing. But 1 cc, and im in big trouble. No shield and no dodge complicates things for us. We have no gapclosers, no sneak abilities, no abilities to effectively get into the fight. TR gets stealth and a flashy backstab. CW has their range. GF has their shield and tankyness. But what do we have? Sprint? yeah thats not gonna get us too far. Its not helping me do my job one bit. So i get 3 choices, i can either barge in, take a CC from a CW and get slaughtered in secs by everyone.
OR i can barge in. take a CC from a CW, activate unstoppable when im half dead and still b slaughtered in secs by everyone.
OR i can wait for someone else b the meatshield which probably wont favor the team at all as you cant deal damage as efficiently as either rogue or CW. (you dont have the rogues burst or the CW's range and need to struggle to get into ppls faces)
Now for someone whos suppose to b the sturdiest piece on the battlefield aside from a GF you really havent got much good to offer ur team. I think that would all change if Unstoppable was changed to b charging at all times, not only when u smack stuff. In that way ud have a utility to help you get into the fight as well as u could take a beating and b a proper distraction at the very least before dying/running away. At least thats a good few secs where ur team can do some work now that u have the attention of the majority of ppl. the GWF would now b useful.
Class still needs a LOT of tweaks all-around. We're still like the poo of 2 worlds, though with the changes on test shard we're a bit less the poo of 2 worlds.
hippomouse wrote: »
You have nerfed the cleric so badly there literally is little point playing them. Your idea of balance for PVP is such that as a cleric you may as well not do it or you will just get people building dps clerics thus negating the point of a cleric class. If you want balance, seeing as a cleric heals their group (allegedly, although in this game clerics are the worst healers ever) that should count, just like a fighter or rogue doing damage should count too. It possibly is the most stupid "re balancing" idea I have ever seen.
The astral shield nerf is terrible. It has a shorter duration and now you cannot cast it again for about 5/6 seconds. You have nerfed the cleric and other classes but not the mobs. Spellplague is insane and have even read your own devs cannot beat some dungeons. What is the point of that? Yes it should be a challenge but at one point today I had the aggro of 6 of those laser creatures each hitting for 4k damage and pretty much everywhere so essentially I was dead.
It gives you no chance to build divinity but as the healing is so lame on clerics the HP you get back from astral shield is miniscule compared to the amount of damage mobs do.
You have essentially taken a class who before were mediocre at damage and mediocre at healing and made them worse. Great job. For me its made me lose all interest in this game not to mention your lack of imagination for any quests from about 15th level where it is all get 3 seeds, plant 4 trees from that lvl to 60th.
efaicia wrote: »
Well, This is a discouraging read. *sigh*
If I get home tonight and log in to an impossible to play healer I will quit and uninstall and thank OGD that I didnt give one red cent to this game. What they are doing, is making it necissary to buy from the cash shop to beat anything, I mean, Why doesn't the healer have a rez? (that one is pretty blatant if you ask me)
I hope they fix AS balance very, VERY quickly.
eclipsium wrote: »
I remember once upon a time there was a paladin in WoW and ppl was qqing about bubble skill and then paladin got nerf. You did same thing to one heal class in NWO world.
Look at what you did,
1- You killed number one dps class that should be (rogue).
I understand nerfin on execution for pvp but nerf on flurry is unacceptable.
2- You think CW's got nerfed but they are still powerfull overall rogue in PvP.
3- You think you buffed GWF and GF's dmg and skills duration for future/end game dungeon because they had not a free slot for dungeons. But you buffed them insanely for PvP too and they are more OP than ex one.
Would you explain me how tanky thing can beat dps thing in PvP combat event dont use a single Daily? Stun lock, knock off without effort something? Dealing like 7 - 10k crit dmg with single encounter and keeping using it without waitin too much?
4- Clerics are only healer in this game. They can sacrifice arcane shield stack, maybe arcane shield cooldown(it should be like 3 secs not 5 or 6 something) but they should gain some buff over healing skills and also defensive buffs. You killed clerics.
So this is not patch for balance. This is like an expansion with name like "Rise of the Warriors".
Your developers need more experience for mmorpg. They are unexperienced about dungeon design, boss and boss encounters, environment, balance/imbalance for pvp/pve etc.
P.S.: Sorry for my english it is not my native language. I just wanted to say something about this patch cuz it made me sick.
P.S.: I have CW and Rogue and i am on GWF cuz of this patch.