What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5Kb/sec patch speed. Welcome to 1996.

Comments

• Options
    mordrekmordrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually managed to get in game, but as soon as we queued up for a dungeon, I got kicked out because patch took too long, and now I cannot log back in. I guess there is too many people online patching at the same time.
    My Foundry Campain
    NWS-DA9D7G6NM

The White Herald

Act 1 : The Stolen Artefact
    Act 2 : Chasing the Herald
  • Options
    ryuk233ryuk233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if some ppl a in the game now you fcking lucky for the rest gl and no idt ppl will get it done today it is fck up the can fix so ppl can play but it is like pwi allways how dont fck it up for them self
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i may just take some Pamprin and then a nap. Thought i'd get to patch and play but, until the patcher problems are fixed, there isn't much to do. Can't even watch videos with all the computers here patching at once. Meh.

No chance to take my PMS rage out on some unsuspecting monsters. :(
  • Options
    knblattknblatt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ryuk233 wrote: »
    if some ppl a in the game now you fcking lucky for the rest gl and no idt ppl will get it done today it is fck up the can fix so ppl can play but it is like pwi allways how dont fck it up for them self

What???? I think I lost a few brain cells trying to read that.
  • Options
    kahvexikahvexi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013

In your case, I'd suggest practicing both grammar and spelling, since you have some free time while you wait.
  • Options
    elvynbladeelvynblade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm dazzled by your ability to express yourself!
  • Options
    tattooedangelstattooedangels Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally in after almost 2 hours of patching issues
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know, I get that the patch servers are being hit hard right now and things are going to be slow. But it just makes another problem with the launcher all the more glaring.

It doesn't give us useful feedback. The % number after the total downloaded number is apparently the % of the SIZE of the game files patched so far compared with the total size of all game files to be patched, ie it has very little to do with the size of the download and should definitely not be immediately after that number. So even if I were to measure the time it took to get 1% and multiply that by the % remaining I likely wouldn't be remotely close to correct, even assuming the download rate was consistent.

You need to tell us what the total size of the download is and at least some info on the rate of download, otherwise you might as well say screw it and dump the worthless numbers and just keep the worthless progress bar. Because as Microsoft has learned, the progress bar alone is enough to pacify computing's unwashed masses. Numbers just confuse them and make them question the significance of the almighty progress bar.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    elvynbladeelvynblade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got to 40% before the patcher disconnected. Now I can't connect at all. Ah well, FTP I guess, why complain? I have Roadrunner Lightning as my ISP/cable provider, if that helps you NWO techs.

Thanks for getting this issue fixed as quickly as possible (for creating the PATCH to fix the PATCH...).
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Average speed for process Neverwinter.exe is around 15kB/s, so that's about 14 hours until playable. This is not how to do patch day. =)
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    They are going to distribute the latest patch on floppy bundled with the newest Nintendo Power.
  • Options
    raeniusraenius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im on a t1 and getting speeds like that on that patcher its not just him is there a manual download
  • Options
    xtaszyxtaszy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're investigating any potential patching or patcher issues. For now, please leave your launcher open and let it patch even if it's going slower than normal.

I will drink few beers and wait for solution :D
    2771587546.png
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i just downloaded it in ~20 minutes after it not working for a while. it appears to be a crapshoot. i would suggest just restarting it...i'm on a bootcamp mac.
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzz

After three hours I have downloaded 15% of the patch. Only 17 hours to go.
  • Options
    down2onedown2one Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    They need a manual download somewhere I was at 12%... an then it dropped to 10%? wth is it doing
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Speeds are improving ever so slowly. I've gone from a 15kB/s average to 45kB/s in the last 10 minutes. Still painfully slow, but getting better.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I'm in. Maybe my founders pack did do something :P
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    xtaszyxtaszy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe someone who has already completed the download can share game files with us.
    2771587546.png
  • Options
    kahvexikahvexi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The founders pack! It does nothing!

(Still at 1gb to go, here.)
  • Options
    hotsoophotsoop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it stops after 63% and starts again :( this is limbo
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xtaszy wrote: »
    Maybe someone who has already completed the download can share game files with us.

Would that work?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    bobrawksbobrawks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont even have a character yet. Seriously, worse day to decide to play this game .___.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can probably buy a faster download in the shop.
  • Options
    zercon3zercon3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is perfect world why post about it... it happens every time they have a patch
  • Options
    excusesftw1excusesftw1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm just setting my to verify the files..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Would that work?

If you copied the entire game over the top, yes. It's how I normally do patches on multiple pc's, to save bandwidth / unclog the internets.
  • Options
    vollkarachovollkaracho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, 436 mb left and after i load ~49 MB the patcher starts from zero and i have still 436 mb left. Something really fishy is going on here.
  • Options
    kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    You can probably buy a faster download in the shop.

BWUAHAHAAHAHAAH!!!!

(So true!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, 436 mb left and after i load ~49 MB the patcher starts from zero and i have still 436 mb left. Something really fishy is going on here.

This is EXACTLY my issue , , patcher keeps restarting when I hit 49mb