test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5Kb/sec patch speed. Welcome to 1996.

Comments

• starfleetlufiastarfleetlufia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wanted to play some Star Trek Online while i waited for the NWN launcher to finish ... then I noticed I had to patch that too ... sad face .. .and since they use the same patch server and I'm guessing connection .. it had the same problem as the nwn launcher :D
  • celusioscelusios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    ??? ummm-ok. defensive much?
    ha-derp.

Yeah, it's annoying going to sites that have absolutely nothing to do with consoles yet skids like you bring it up.
  • thedrifter65thedrifter65 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, here it is. 0100 EST and this 1996 speed download for the patch is still not fixed. I've been at 1% for long time and my buddy is at 2%. How depressing...
  • shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You Sony kids man... haha. You take your little tears everywhere. We Microsoft fans enjoy it. To be the center of attention from you guys is amazing, hell your whole company dedicated an entire conference to show what it had vs us... which consisted of "we have disc base gaming" LOL!!! Thats so revolutionary!

You are not very smart are you? how does him saying Microsoft a bad company have anything to do with the console war? Microsoft does do a lot of crappy stuff as a company so his statement is still true, also since you made it about that enjoy your always on console scrub.
    Stats.png
  • hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    you got it! 99% of bandwidth for the founders and 1% for the common rabble.

Erm would love this to be true but I have been patching for nearly 90 minutes now and so far its taken 32 minutes to do a 638mb patch and its stuck on 38%......
    edited June 2013
    hippomouse wrote: »
    Erm would love this to be true but I have been patching for nearly 90 minutes now and so far its taken 32 minutes to do a 638mb patch and its stuck on 38%......

but your not a founder just a common rabble your name is only yellow not blue :D *snickers*
    edited June 2013
    malkavier wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, the PS4 gets 1.86 Teraflops of performance out of the AMD Jaguar APU and has GDDR5 for the memory. The XboxOne gets only 1.26 Teraflops of performance out of the exact same APU and uses GDDR3. So there is more than just the "we have disc based gaming". I am also quite alarmed at the fact that when they decide to remove access to XboxLive to your XboxOne, you permanently lose the access to any and all games registered to the system.

I still have no problem with any of that. And here we go with the performance debate, didn't PS4 boast the same numbers back in PS3 vs 360? Yet... I seem to recall for all the "power" PS3 had it couldn't even download new games in the background while you played a current game.. lolol. People are really jumping the bridge off the dumbest of stuff.

The entire debate Sony brought forth was "we have disc based gaming with no restrictions and you don't always have to be online". Yet... in order to play a higher portion of games (including the non-exclusive title Destiny they revealed.) you need to be online.
    edited June 2013
    shadowbox wrote: »
    You are not very smart are you? how does him saying Microsoft a bad company have anything to do with the console war? Microsoft does do a lot of crappy stuff as a company so his statement is still true, also since you made it about that enjoy your always on console scrub.

Another one of the dumbest debates. Your PC is always on and connected to the internet, I don't see you complaining about that?
  • kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    got to 52% now at 9600 baud speed. Not sure why this constant slow download. I have fios here
  • shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another one of the dumbest debates. Your PC is always on and connected to the internet, I don't see you complaining about that?

And yet i have hundreds of games i can play without internet, weird right?
    Stats.png
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    .and since they use the same patch server and I'm guessing connection .. it had the same problem as the nwn launcher :D

You see, that is a work of genius... ...not.

Three games, three patches, same day - one patch server.

Now, anyone here think that is a good idea?

You do?

Great you just got a job as Technical Director and PW/Cryptic!

ROFL

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There goes my celestial coins on 3 characters because your patch servers are inadequate
  • torquedsoultorquedsoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine has picked up considerably. I'm now at 20kbs
  • stringsoftearsstringsoftears Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys,
    1. Just keep the launcher open and patching. Speeds will fluctuate but you won't get any faster closing and opening again.
    2. Founders get queue priority when it comes to getting into instances if full. I've had to wait a time or two in peak hours since I'm not a founder. This may also pertain to PUG but I'm unsure.

We'll just have to play outside or something, browse reddit. Hey, go to their Twitter and begin asking questions like "What's going to happen when thousands of people join the bandwagon and you have another patch? Will we all get 10kbps then?"
  • kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    It's not even prime time in the US; this is amazing. With FF14 beta this weekend... this game's lifespan is shrinking.

Maybe that's why all their Micro-Transactions are so expensive. Oh, wait, I'm sorry... did I say "Micro"? I meant "MEGA" transactions...

They even fail at running a micro-transaction store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    There goes my celestial coins on 3 characters because your patch servers are inadequate
    They're picking up speed. Also, as people finish, the servers will speed up so it's exponential. I'm sure you'll be patched by the time your celestials expire.
  • karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you telling me I am grouped in with the rabble!? I paid good money to be non-rabble. Give me some bandwidth! :p
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
    edited June 2013
    kelestra wrote: »
    It's not even prime time in the US; this is amazing. With FF14 beta this weekend... this game's lifespan is shrinking.

Maybe that's why all their Micro-Transactions are so expensive. Oh, wait, I'm sorry... did I say "Micro"? I meant "MEGA" transactions...

They even fail at running a micro-transaction store.
    Regarding the prime-time mention: even if they released in non-primetime, they should account for atleast 1/2 of their entire active playerbase to hit the servers at the same time. I do not doubt they can pull numbers of "average of active players at this time of day over the past 2 weeks" to get an even better number....the double that because people will patch and head to work...
  • ryuk233ryuk233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FCK NEVERWINTER I STOPS PLAYING IT NOW TO MANY FCKING PROBLEMS WHET IT SO FCK IT TO HELL GL TO YOU ALL :mad:
    edited June 2013
    Nice that Final Fantasy 14 is finished it's re-working i might try it again now played the original version before Square-Enix listened to the fanbase and decided to fire their whole developer staff and re-work the game :D now that's a company that takes it's image serious
  • magusryzelmagusryzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Founders revolt! Sure, we get priority in queue for playing the game, but that's assuming that that we can even *patch* it...

I've been patching for 3 hours now and still getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor download speeds.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ryuk233 wrote: »
    FCK NEVERWINTER I STOPS PLAYING IT NOW TO MANY FCKING PROBLEMS WHET IT SO FCK IT TO HELL GL TO YOU ALL :mad:

Can i haz ur stuffz?
  • xtaszyxtaszy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm in Connecting.. mode :)))

No chance to play today...
    2771587546.png
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Do something else while it patches? Call a friend. Have a beer. **** your woman. Browse Reddit/Digg/Tumblr/Instagram/Vine/4chan. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wonderful, managed to receive some 30 megs until the launcher froze and now refuses to restart. Stuck at reconnecting. There go all the celestial coins on every character since playing today will not be an option.

How about considering a torrent version of major patches instead of using one server to serve patches for several games simultaneously?
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• juddstice01juddstice01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems as if the update serve is down now.
  • ryuk233ryuk233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you can get a *** if you a lucky hihihihi
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They're picking up speed. Also, as people finish, the servers will speed up so it's exponential. I'm sure you'll be patched by the time your celestials expire.

don't give me your **** reassurances I am trying to froth at the mouth here
  • excusesftw1excusesftw1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agbadehan wrote: »
    Do something else while it patches? Call a friend. Have a beer. **** your woman. Browse Reddit/Digg/Tumblr/Instagram/Vine/4chan. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

It doesn't take a mathematician to realize you could go through the entire archive of 4chan with the speed that the patch is downloading at, and I for one do not wish to have my mind tainted that severely.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agbadehan wrote: »
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    It's a plan.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014