test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5Kb/sec patch speed. Welcome to 1996.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I can see gateway fine, but the patch keeps deciding its time to stall for a while every now and then and I have a 50 mbps connection download on speedtests it is showing just fine connectivity so erm is the datahouse being slammed or something?
  • Options
    wilkaufwilkauf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the worst game I've ever paid money for.
  • Options
    devilnoddevilnod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine is running very slow in patching too!!
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been trying to patch this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for 7 hours. YES 7 FREAKING HOURS. I am at the end of my tether, absolutely furious. Its so slow then when I think its getting somewhere it stops and restarts. My boyfriend on THE SAME NETWORK patched in minutes. WHAT THE HELL!
  • Options
    sirnamedsirnamed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So what we should be doing is determining what we all have in common...? What is our mutual crime, my fellow outcasts?
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate the game WoW but at least Blizzard has a good fast launcher for downloading patches, these Devs here can't even code a good fast launcher.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been trying to patch this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for 7 hours. YES 7 FREAKING HOURS. I am at the end of my tether, absolutely furious. Its so slow then when I think its getting somewhere it stops and restarts. My boyfriend on THE SAME NETWORK patched in minutes. WHAT THE HELL!

Is there a difference with your rigs? Software etc? It could be something seemingly unrelated that is hosing us.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only real difference in our specs is the graphics cards and thats not a likely cause.
  • Options
    xtaszyxtaszy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    bobrawks wrote: »
    It's in C: /Users / Public / games for me. weird dir
    D: 15GB file size!

Is too big, must have max 10GB
    If you doesn't modify path, game must in C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\
    2771587546.png
  • Options
    vollkarachovollkaracho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    30 mb left :cool:
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol I saw this post 3 months ago
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?74951-Alternative-Download-Getting-30Kb-s

Today I saw an admin saying "Thanks we are looking into it." LOL

I'm not trying to cause trouble.... but why didn't someone look into this and fix it 3 months ago? If you know you are going to have congestion.... plan ahead? Alternate d/l site something?
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    30 mb left :cool:

Hurry up .... you are killing my download! :D
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    lol I saw this post 3 months ago
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?74951-Alternative-Download-Getting-30Kb-s

Today I saw an admin saying "Thanks we are looking into it." LOL

I'm not trying to cause trouble.... but why didn't someone look into this and fix it 3 months ago? If you know you are going to have congestion.... plan ahead? Alternate d/l site something?

Pretty sure they looked into it. Then thought...nahh, we don't want to rent more servers.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think they just patched the problem. I shut down my launcher and it patched itself when restarting, and I have high download speeds again. I suggest you try the same.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *smirk* that doesn't change the coding of the patcher, and... it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference.
    flatgonzo wrote: »
    I think they just patched the problem. I shut down my launcher and it patched itself when restarting, and I have high download speeds again. I suggest you try the same.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    accettura00accettura00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pednick wrote: »
    *smirk* that doesn't change the coding of the patcher, and... it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference.

I see. Guess I got lucky then. Things haven't slowed down and I'm almost done patching. =)

• Options
    gaemhelgaemhel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is another perfect example why i have stopped completely spending cash on these f2p games. You get absolutely nothing for doing it except for a buttpain. I just wish the game industry could stop releasing games that are not finished, no matter what they call them. Beta, Alpha, Brown sugar, SaunaClub....
  • Options
    kiyoniz1kiyoniz1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m
    Hey everyone - we've deployed a new version of the launcher to solve the slow patching issues. Please restart your launcher to update it!

Getting 700KB/s now, Thank you Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kiyoniz1 wrote: »
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m
    Hey everyone - we've deployed a new version of the launcher to solve the slow patching issues. Please restart your launcher to update it!

Getting 700KB/s now, Thank you PWE.

Figured as much. =) Still, it can stop, I am watching the speeds with NetBalancer. I've had to restart it 3 times but the problem seems to be gone.

• Options
    jhingleshodjhingleshod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My Launcher has descended into some netherworld of running yet unseen. I can't even tell if it's doing anything because I cant get it to show.
  • Options
    kiyoniz1kiyoniz1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    flatgonzo wrote: »
    Figured as much. =) Still, it can stop, I am watching the speeds with NetBalancer. I've had to restart it 3 times but the problem seems to be gone.

That's strange indeed, mine didn't stop at all. (watched it with Netlimiter)
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Please also note that patching will resume where it left off, even if the launcher shows a zero percentage when it's restarted. Thank you!
    But , there are same problem with this new launcher version :(
    2771587546.png
  • Options
    brusadobrusado Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    working good for me now........ the problem now is..... i had to stop downloading <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>........
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    New patcher seemed to fix my issue. Downloading at normal speed now. But all my coins will be gone by now. Grrr
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    brusado wrote: »
    working good for me now........ the problem now is..... i had to stop downloading <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>........

U R lucky...
    2771587546.png