test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5Kb/sec patch speed. Welcome to 1996.

noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Why don't you guys just send us patches in the mail with our free copy of AOL?
Post edited by noyouwont on

Comments

• runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    lol, why so slow? you got a 1996 computer or dial up? lmao.

Mine patched so fast.

It's just you man.
  • xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, I'm crying to death haha. Joking but yeah its really slow.
  • magusryzelmagusryzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noyouwont wrote: »
    Why don't you guys just send us patches in the mail with our free copy of AOL?

Who did you have to @%$@!$ to get 5kbps? I'm lucky if I got 1/kbps...
  • bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Mine patched so fast.

It's just you man.

I guess your just being funny, least I hope so.

I'm pretty certain it's the server, you just got lucky. I'm also downloading pretty slow.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From thier twitter feed a couple of mins ago...

NeverwinterNeverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 8m
    Maintenance is now complete! Log in and see all the changes to #Neverwinter :)
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Elwin van der MeerElwin van der Meer ‏@StarrrLite 4m
    @NeverwinterGame Patching at the speed of ligh.. ehm.. not really the speed of light, more like 40-ish KB/Sec :(
    Expand
    NeverwinterNeverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m
    .@StarrrLite We're checking on this.
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Slow here too, it got up to 75% fast then slowed to a trickle.
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    huh...looks like you're not the only one. Guess it's not just you then.
    Yeah I got lucky but I think mine is stuck....i'm at 84%
  • overclockoverclock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, at 73% and only getting 35k a sec. I have 50mb internet and usually get about 6MB a sec. lol.
  • noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    magusryzel wrote: »
    Who did you have to @%$@!$ to get 5kbps? I'm lucky if I got 1/kbps...

I used to turn off flow control on my modem and then apply pretty much every registry hack that would be acceptable. My p2p via IRC would sometimes get 10 kbps. O.o

What made me really lucky is that a few of the best pro FPS players lived in the local area (Fatal1ty was close by), so we had a **** good core group for LAN parties. Quake 2 Lithium is probably the best game ever made.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine raced to 56%, but then seemed to change gear in to reverse.

If it got any slower I'd be sending them the data.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • dkamutsovydkamutsovy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *joins the club* 60mbps connection - it trickles in way too slow.
    Definately is a server problem since all other things using the internet stil go blazingly fast.
  • bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    MajorMudd was pretty good. Though, TradeWars 2002 with overlay GUI was pretty hot too. Also ran on a 8088.
  • werylanwerylan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Account server not responding ... Yee ha
  • flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At current speeds I calculate patching will be done shortly after the game is released. First 30% came alright, then it just stopped. I haven't seen any movement in the % for the last 10 minutes.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• vegetenksvegetenks Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got the same slowed down after a gig but made it there in the end
  • heman9000heman9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was thinking the same thing. it's 2013 and most of us have fast dsl and this is a server side problem. Get your act together cryptic if 1 million people can watch a video of a cat running a circle at really fast speed , sure enough you can keep your patch servers speed up for patchs.
  • galinaceowgalinaceow Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This patcher/launcher is the only thing that keeps this game from being a bigger success.
    It's deplorable.
    My Class is Warlord ... "Onward to victory! They cannot stand before us!"
    Warlords are accomplished and competent battle leaders. Warlords stand on the front line issuing commands and bolstering their allies while leading the battle with weapon in hand. Warlords know how to rally a team to win a fight.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mine raced to 56%, but then seemed to change gear in to reverse.

If it got any slower I'd be sending them the data.

All The Best

Mine did too, and then error'ed out and started over and back up to 9%

Boy I am so glad they allowed us to pre patch so this would go smoothly and quickly!
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    :( it went from 56% patching to Connecting in a blink of an eye. The connecting part isn't a good thing as that means the game didn't fully patch and instead I now get to stare at the game as it's stuck on Connecting. I'll have to redownload the patch and deal with the slow download speeds all over again. Time to close the launcher, open up World of Warcraft and proceed to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around in that game.

Best of luck
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • dkamutsovydkamutsovy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Giving up. Errord out - restarting clients takes minutes. Not responding at all. (x retries)...

I'm going out - or play with the xbox - depening on the weather forecast.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Limited time only: Speed Up Connection for patching and Download. Only 3000 Zen.

Sorry had to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • ryuk233ryuk233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    some of you a dam lucky i cant get to the game start thes is so fck up as allways dam game FIX IT DAMIT WE A SOME THERE PAYS ALOT TO PLAY
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That will teach you fools to pre patch when given the opportunity next time!
  • galinaceowgalinaceow Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    That will teach you fools to pre patch when given the opportunity next time!

I've pre-patched but somehow still got 729mb of download to do. =/
    My Class is Warlord ... "Onward to victory! They cannot stand before us!"
    Warlords are accomplished and competent battle leaders. Warlords stand on the front line issuing commands and bolstering their allies while leading the battle with weapon in hand. Warlords know how to rally a team to win a fight.
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol this actually made me laugh :)
    Admiralsig.png
  • azithothazithoth Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    hmmm, my comp is only six months old and maxed on ram and vid card.

Mine patched so fast.

It's just you man.

sometimes, peeps just full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. welcome summer vacation. :/
  • xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    mines slow also :| around the same speeds
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    At least you guys can patch, I can't even connect :(
  • flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Somehow even the Gateway refuses to work. Awfully close to release to be having these kinds of issues. I've managed to receive 12/791m in the last 15 minutes so playing today is probably not a realistic choice.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flatgonzo wrote: »
    Somehow even the Gateway refuses to work. Awfully close to release to be having these kinds of issues. I've managed to receive 12/791m in the last 15 minutes so playing today is probably not a realistic choice.

Gateway is back up for me, but it looks like their might have been a roll back?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014