What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5Kb/sec patch speed. Welcome to 1996.

Comments

• Options
    landragoonlandragoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, what did I pre-patch for? Had that run (twice!), now the patching began as usual, quickly updated the pre-patched part, then canceled at ~30%, and started at 0% with a patch of 2GB (instead of 3) that I now have to download again. What is this supposed to be?
  • Options
    celusioscelusios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Limited time only: Speed Up Connection for patching and Download. Only 3000 Zen.

Sorry had to.

LOL! I was thinking this very same thing. Cryptic would do it too, I guarantee it. I'm still waiting for the 5,000 zen a month membership or something they'll toss out probably.
  • Options
    xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    well now it keeps kicking me back to "connecting..." then the patch button breaks :| dafaq
  • Options
    shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having the same issue, patches super slow then stops.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    You guys don't know?

people with founders packs paid for rights to get higher download speeds. expect this garbage for every future patch.

They are one nasty company..like Microsoft.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    You guys don't know?

people with founders packs paid for rights to get higher download speeds. expect this garbage for every future patch.

I have a founders pack. -_-
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ryuk233ryuk233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thes is going to be really bad for alot of players as i can see i can still not get in to the dam patch and nomale a gat no problem at all get it done in sec but today all gat it i see we can just hope the so call smart heads finds a way for us ha ha like the cares for that
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys don't know?

Perhaps this is what queue priority in the Founder's Pack meant.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    yay too 3kb's a second
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    as funny as that is I'm still waiting on a response from this company in regards to NOT getting the Zen I bought last night. I submitted a ticket, I've called their customer service number (which is a JOKE) no one answers and still no help. I've bought Zen plenty of times before and had no problems, last night however the zen I bought was never received.

I get an email from perfect world indicating my purchase went through just fine, I get an email from google wallet letting me know my purchase went through just fine, I even get an email from my bank statement letting me know the money was deducted from my account.......Yet on the perfect world website It still shows my purchase as being reviewed..

Yeah complete B.s
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    flatgonzo wrote: »
    Perhaps this is what queue priority in the Founder's Pack meant.

you got it! 99% of bandwidth for the founders and 1% for the common rabble.
  • Options
    shadywintryshadywintry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ryuk233 wrote: »
    some of you a dam lucky i cant get to the game start thes is so fck up as allways dam game FIX IT DAMIT WE A SOME THERE PAYS ALOT TO PLAY

So because you pay you have priority
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    At least you guys can patch, I can't even connect :(

I'm bouncing between the two.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am experiencing very slow download as well. Been patching for over 2 hours now... It's still creeping along but F! This is sad. Speedtest.net just clocked my download speed this morning at 22.21mbs so it's not me.

Feed the gerbils people!
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This game is in complete Fubar Mode. The patch starts out ok then times out.

Patching.....................Patching............0%
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As per Facebook:
    We're investigating any potential patching or patcher issues. For now, please leave your launcher open and let it patch even if it's going slower than normal.
  • Options
    celusioscelusios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You Sony kids man... haha. You take your little tears everywhere. We Microsoft fans enjoy it. To be the center of attention from you guys is amazing, hell your whole company dedicated an entire conference to show what it had vs us... which consisted of "we have disc base gaming" LOL!!! Thats so revolutionary!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    celusios wrote: »
    You Sony kids man... haha. You take your little tears everywhere. We Microsoft fans enjoy it. To be the center of attention from you guys is amazing, hell your whole company dedicated an entire conference to show what it had vs us... which consisted of "we have disc base gaming" LOL!!! Thats so revolutionary!

??? ummm-ok. defensive much?
    ha-derp.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You got mail!
  • Options
    hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well for the 5th time now the launcher has gotten stuck then disconnected, so now I'm currently back at 14% again for the 5th time - are they kidding me with this nonsense? I think I'll go play LOTRO for a bit since I always get blazing fast patch download speeds over there.

Get serious Cryptic - even STO download speeds aren't this slow...
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • Options
    marcus0920marcus0920 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you got it! 99% of bandwidth for the founders and 1% for the common rabble.

Nope. I'm stuck just like the rabble.
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    celusios wrote: »

Well, to be fair, the PS4 gets 1.86 Teraflops of performance out of the AMD Jaguar APU and has GDDR5 for the memory. The XboxOne gets only 1.26 Teraflops of performance out of the exact same APU and uses GDDR3. So there is more than just the "we have disc based gaming". I am also quite alarmed at the fact that when they decide to remove access to XboxLive to your XboxOne, you permanently lose the access to any and all games registered to the system.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    marcus0920 wrote: »
    Nope. I'm stuck just like the rabble.

you had to get the 250 dollar pack.....which I can tell from your forum handle you do not have.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Founders pack doesn't seem to have any affect.
    Sending out a 1GBish patch to potentially thousands of users is going to decimate bandwidth capabilities of almost any company.
    They really need to work on incremental patch sizes....
  • Options
    azithothazithoth Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    meh, i'll go back to Path of Exile til this comp can figure out what they're doing.
    funny, POE has about 16 workers and no problems like this. perhaps NW wanna try testing things before they throw it out there. reminds me of microsoft. lol
  • Options
    noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Founders pack doesn't seem to have any affect.
    Sending out a 1GBish patch to potentially thousands of users is going to decimate bandwidth capabilities of almost any company.
    They really need to work on incremental patch sizes....

No, they just need to join the modern digital age and use bittorrent.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you had to get the 250 dollar pack.....which I can tell from your forum handle you do not have.

Actually, you can only tell that if the Founder CHOOSES to show that on his posts. The poster you were replying to may have opted out of that.
  • Options
    bobrawksbobrawks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm loving the new launcher! GG

UXjzPOg.png
  • Options
    lordslvrlordslvr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am getting about the same. though everytime it hits 25% patched, it loses connection and restarts :/
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yeah that guy flipped his panties....
    fanboi's need their anti-psychotic medications.
    I'm not a fan of SONY dude (celuluios whatev)... I'm a PC gamer.
    Console gaming is for the kiddos. My PC already beats the hell out of both of those consoles duct-taped together.

Because I have just an average paying job and can dump 2500 dollars on a great gaming rig.
    Keep working your pimply high school job and keep playing on consoles your momma bought you.

I'll keep upgrading my PC knowing it's miles beyond future consoles and watching fanboi's be jelly.
    ;)