test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who wanna bet that Even more Clerics gonna reroll/quit after that patch ?

Comments

• jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    use healing word on Tank, the other class are sacrificable ^^ whit this patch, if tank stay alive, DC stay alive :D i am a DC, so i don't care of the other class xD time to use some potion TR, CW GWF xD
  • manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    The group finder does not specifically target certain class's it tends to throw 5 random players together. Have been in a group with no tank or healer (it was tough going and could not do final boss) but it was fun upto that point.
    Thesedays if you are thrown into a group some tend to leave if no tank or no healer (or both) are not present. Random group finder needs to be sorted properly or dngeons given difficulty for the group inside.
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    You people complain too much. Two DC won't change. There will still will be two DC per dungeon to maximize Astral Shield up-time.
  • isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Consensus in my guild has been simple, Heal the tank and everyone else is on their own.

Not exactly a great idea in my eyes. If you are going to nerf one part of healing you need to boost another. As is, one cleric is not enough to keep a GROUP alive.

To those saying its no big deal because you can just get two clerics into each group...for the GAME AS A WHOLE its not a good idea to weaken the ONLY healing class to the point they cannot, no matter their skill level, heal their group. To force having 2 clerics in each group means FEWER NON CLERICS GET TO DO DUNGEONS.

its a boneheaded move.
  • howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If raiderz and nw was one software, it would be the best. I rather choose raiderz over nw, because raiderz has more buttons and everyone can heal. But it does not mean clerics are not needed, Thats why I like raiderz but it does not come out. With new content every 1.5 to 2 months, thats the only downside with raiderz.

P.S Also raiderz everyone can dodge so raiderz is more balanced then nw.

My brain literally feels like it's going to ooze out of my ear after reading your dribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Prepare for long queue for dunegons.

I like challange . Im passionate player . Ofc Im DC class.
    But PW not even takin feedback .

AS nerf let it be. I can't stack the shield , LET IT BE.

But comon GIVE ME HEALING TOOLS !!!!!!!!!!! please !

20 seconds CD on Heal, other heal 15 seconds other one 10 sec. and they expect us surive and heal tank who gonna have agro.

My Prediction ? Domino Effect. Less Cleric on servers -> longer w8 for dunegons -> more ppl frustrated -> more ppl gonna quit.

Alot ppl will not agree with me . But tbh if someone playin HEALER class . It's Passionate person. But if frustration will come what gonna happen ?

/Tested changes on PBE. / checked all builds. prepare for mega whipes and frustration.

ps. Now Walkin on 2x Cleric will be must , Just Throwin Circles will be ONE after another instead of stackin them.

ps.2 Yes Im Cleric , Yes i was doing CN on 1x DC, 2x CW, 2x TR now will be impossible

Clerics are the only healing class and are required to do end game dungeon runs, so regardless of the patch's effect they will still have a spot in every group.

I guarantee that there will be MAJOR WIPES on end game content that people were successfully doing before the patch. It may be next to impossible to do some of the end game content after the patch. We will have to see how it all plays out.

Currently the optimal end game dungeon group is 2/1 clerics, 2/1 rogues and 1/2 wizards with zero fighters of either type. If Cryptic is successful in making GF or GWF useful in end game groups then by necessity the ratio of clerics, rogues and wizards will be affected. It's just math...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • jorderon1jorderon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reonhato99 wrote: »
    The sooner clerics realise that healing is not the job but keeping the team alive is the job the better. There is more then 1 way to keep your team alive. For 95% of any dungeon a gearless cleric with a blue circle is more then enough. Too many people are more concerned about a big gear score and putting up big numbers on the score board then doing their job. Astral and sunburst are more then enough healing in most situations, damage mitigation and who you heal, not how much is far more important.

I haven't played on the test shard so I cannot be sure, but personally I think threat changes and changes to the GF are going to change how the cleric plays far more then any skill changes.

I think this is the right way to look at it. AS was too powerful with the 30% extra cooldown reduction. The skill was obviously not designed for 100% uptime, but rather as a situational boost or as a group heal augment. We won't be able to herp-derp AS any spam now; we'll have to figure out how to keep mitigation up. Divine Shield, Holy Ground, and other skills can be used to improve mitigation. Foresight talent as well.

This won't make us worse clerics, it will make us better. This patch helps separate the wheat form the chaff, and I'm all for it.
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    /Tested changes on PBE. / checked all builds. prepare for mega whipes and frustration.

ps. Now Walkin on 2x Cleric will be must , Just Throwin Circles will be ONE after another instead of stackin them.

ps.2 Yes Im Cleric , Yes i was doing CN on 1x DC, 2x CW, 2x TR now will be impossible

No, you're just one of those bad elitist clerics with the "luck" of being godly in horrible game design. Be bad, cry moar and get better.
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    krogothicz wrote: »
    Hoping the patch will help with argo issues, I hate LFG in chat but thats what you have to do i guess.

No, all you have to do is sit back and relax there will be tons of people LF DC's. Now people have to actually pots. No more mindless rogues and wizard whining because they used "alot of pots" (3 pots).
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    use healing word on Tank, the other class are sacrificable ^^ whit this patch, if tank stay alive, DC stay alive :D i am a DC, so i don't care of the other class xD time to use some potion TR, CW GWF xD

Yeah, I was in this group yesterday where this one rogue REFUSED to use potions even after falling to <5% HP. Unfortunately, my AoE heals kept him up well enough, but I was certainly contemplating switching out AS for HW just for giggles XD Some people *shake head*
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Yeah, I was in this group yesterday where this one rogue REFUSED to use potions even after falling to <5% HP. Unfortunately, my AoE heals kept him up well enough, but I was certainly contemplating switching out AS for HW just for giggles XD Some people *shake head*

I wish there was a count for potions consumed on the scoreboard you get when you press X.

Would make weeding out those that are too selfish to spend gold on potions alot easier.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My brain literally feels like it's going to ooze out of my ear after reading your dribble.

You do realize english is probably not his first language?

As for me, I am a cleric and I have NEVER had a second cleric in my group, except once and that was Wolf lair. Astral Shield was more to the clerics benefit than that groups.

Now, with these changes, they are pushing people back to the stanard trinity meta, except they do not give the clerics the strongest tools in the box to save *squishies* so, CW, TR you guys are f*cked. Bring your pots, stack heavily on them. The clerics will be so busy healing the GF and GWF and themselves, they won't have time to heal you. And when AS is down for 5-7 secs...you are TRULY on your own.

The reason DC's are complaining is that AS uptime has been nerfed. None of the other healing abilities have been boosted to compensate. In that 5 sec window that AS is down, clerics will be sweating balls trying to heal themselves or whoever needs it. With adds that hit like a bowling ball to the face, and potions that have a less than desirable CD on them, the new dungeons groups are going to be pretty pissed off at DC's for *lack of healing*. Bad habits that have plagued the *other players* who stand in red circle because *hey, I have AS I'm fine* are still going to persist and blame CLERICS for their lack of healing.

No cleric wants that. We want to enjoy the dungeon run as much as anyone, but faced with *clerics are bad, lawl, L2P* a lot of clerics aren't going to stick around for that. The ones that have quit, like me, will find other ways to play and enjoy their time. And it won't be on the most under-appreciated class in the game.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »

I would hope that you dedicate time to healing the GWF. they are supposed to be add burners, which are supposed to keep them off you (DC). At least, my GWF does, and that is ALL he does. CLear adds on me, so I can head add free.
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The more idiots that ragequit, the easier it is for the rest of us to get groups.
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    No, all you have to do is sit back and relax there will be tons of people LF DC's. Now people have to actually pots. No more mindless rogues and wizard whining because they used "alot of pots" (3 pots).

:D
    chintae wrote: »
    I would hope that you dedicate time to healing the GWF. they are supposed to be add burners, which are supposed to keep them off you (DC). At least, my GWF does, and that is ALL he does. CLear adds on me, so I can head add free.

Everyone in my groups are important, sometimes there are priorities. Tank will usually come top of the list and usually win in a situation where the choice is to save one or other. A tank that doesn't taunt, not so much ;)
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013

As for me, I am a cleric and I have NEVER had a second cleric in my group, except once and that was Wolf lair. Astral Shield was more to the clerics benefit than that groups.

Now, with these changes, they are pushing people back to the stanard trinity meta, except they do not give the clerics the strongest tools in the box to save *squishies* so, CW, TR you guys are f*cked. Bring your pots, stack heavily on them. The clerics will be so busy healing the GF and GWF and themselves, they won't have time to heal you. And when AS is down for 5-7 secs...you are TRULY on your own.

The reason DC's are complaining is that AS uptime has been nerfed. None of the other healing abilities have been boosted to compensate. In that 5 sec window that AS is down, clerics will be sweating balls trying to heal themselves or whoever needs it. With adds that hit like a bowling ball to the face, and potions that have a less than desirable CD on them, the new dungeons groups are going to be pretty pissed off at DC's for *lack of healing*. Bad habits that have plagued the *other players* who stand in red circle because *hey, I have AS I'm fine* are still going to persist and blame CLERICS for their lack of healing.

No cleric wants that. We want to enjoy the dungeon run as much as anyone, but faced with *clerics are bad, lawl, L2P* a lot of clerics aren't going to stick around for that. The ones that have quit, like me, will find other ways to play and enjoy their time. And it won't be on the most under-appreciated class in the game.

and you Sir know what you are talkin about !:)
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its a shame we most likely wont get another healing CLASS for a few months. That would really improve upon the game.
    edited June 2013
    Paladin thingy would be good
  • arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Couldn't have said it better myself. And at this rate, more parties will probably be using 2 clerics-the extra cleric to heal the other cleric and use AS soon as the former's 5 second window starts(oh, and to use Hallowed Ground, Astral Seal, etc). And for the love of Mike, can we get Righteousness removed? Seriously, I don't mind that the AS stacking has been removed(sobs)but at least let us use our full healing to tide us over for when AS runs outs. Or, even nullify Rightousness for 3 or four seconds after a cleric's AS has run out.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We'll see after the patch comes out but basicly if they are nerfing "fixing" or w/e the fk Astral Shield , they better balance the dungeons out CN in particular .
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, surprise... I believe there will be more clerics playing...

Changes to cleric aggro and boosts to GF alone will make the game more realistic to D&D... and require more team play. Communication becomes more important (imagine that), and GF will feel more like an "intimi-tank".

Clerics will need to use their "full arsenal", they do more than just heal.

I say we will have more clerics, and better equipped parties (heal and buff potions).

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    office pool:

How many days after the "nerfs" will there be a video uploaded of a DC solohealing the tougher content this game has to offer?

Price is right rules - closest without going over....
    edited June 2013
    Well, surprise... I believe there will be more clerics playing...

Changes to cleric aggro and boosts to GF alone will make the game more realistic to D&D... and require more team play. Communication becomes more important (imagine that), and GF will feel more like an "intimi-tank".

Clerics will need to use their "full arsenal", they do more than just heal.

I say we will have more clerics, and better equipped parties (heal and buff potions).

That's the PROBLEM . We Clerics DONT HAVE FULL ARSENAL.

Tell me what is MINE full arsenal . Explain me Deeply ?

I dont care what gonna happend becasue I hit end content. I have best Gear in that game . So i Can be cruel and say , IDK about DUNEGONS.

but lets look , Cleric does not have PROPER heal beside ASTRAL SHIELD. It was TOO important skill. Like evrybody saying. TOO importnat. And when you crushing the only 1 heal BEST heal , zero compensation . WHAT OTHER skill i shall use.

Give me PROPER HEALIN tools to HEAL the tank THats the POINT. we have NONE , im saying NONE healin tools to keep TANk alive.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    office pool:

How many days after the "nerfs" will there be a video uploaded of a DC solohealing the tougher content this game has to offer?

Price is right rules - closest without going over....

Never D: Or you can get the full hp pots from the cash shop and do any dungeon you like :LD
    edited June 2013
    Trust me Im not mad , that someone gonna nerf my skills i Can Live with that. .

But that game should be designed to walk on 1x DC , not 2x DC ..

If 1x DC "CANT" heal and keep party alive becasue he can't that's mean something is wrong with

A) game design
    b) dunegons
    C) skills

you can choose
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Give me PROPER HEALIN tools to HEAL the tank THats the POINT. we have NONE , im saying NONE healin tools to keep TANk alive.

ASeal, HW, d+FF is plenty, plus pots.
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    ASeal, HW, d+FF is plenty, plus pots.

you saying plenty ? and you ofc Like me was on PBE and try heal TANK ex. Castle never or even EPIC karrundax ? .

you gonna see in practice what mean your plenty :0
  • quoiskyquoisky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off,
    ALL stacks should be eliminated from ALL classes! It's a game, not a "hackfest"!

Second,
    The cleric as it stands, isn't anywhere near in need of a nerf(except the nerf of stacking). I mean common, it takes a day for spells to regenerate and by that time, some yahoo with a blade comes in with a million shots at you, never ending stream of strikes!

Third,
    I HATE it when team mates blame everything on you when they die, because YOUR suppose to save the day and "BABYSIT" them!
    We're clerics, not an admin with godmode powers! Far from it actually! Like I stated in the second part, our time for resuming spells is so pathetic, you'd have time to run to the bathroom, order a pizza and come back in hopes we can now push that heal button!

I hate games that put time stoppers on their spells! Make it less effective, but remove the dam reload time and let us spam the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it!
    Has anyone NOT noticed that the irony of it all is, we're clerics and our "at wil" spells aren't healing? I mean really? IT'S A C L E R I C!
    MAKE SOME AT WIL SPELLS HEEEEEAAAAALING! (without divinity)
  • bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think a lot of people are missing the point. The point is that us clerics don't WANT the game to run with 2DC. I was looking forward to AS stacking being nerfed, so that regular 1DC runs were the norm, but at the same time they nerf AS duration so that 2DC is still more powerful than 1DC.

Their goal should be a games design where bringing two clerics to a dungeon does nothing but reduce the group dps. Running double cleric should NOT increase group survivability. How hard can it be, every other mmo has figured this out, why can't cryptic?
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quoisky wrote: »
    First off,
    ALL stacks should be eliminated from ALL classes! It's a game, not a "hackfest"!

Second,
    The cleric as it stands, isn't anywhere near in need of a nerf(except the nerf of stacking). I mean common, it takes a day for spells to regenerate and by that time, some yahoo with a blade comes in with a million shots at you, never ending stream of strikes!

Third,
    I HATE it when team mates blame everything on you when they die, because YOUR suppose to save the day and "BABYSIT" them!
    We're clerics, not an admin with godmode powers! Far from it actually! Like I stated in the second part, our time for resuming spells is so pathetic, you'd have time to run to the bathroom, order a pizza and come back in hopes we can now push that heal button!

I hate games that put time stoppers on their spells! Make it less effective, but remove the dam reload time and let us spam the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it!
    Has anyone NOT noticed that the irony of it all is, we're clerics and our "at wil" spells aren't healing? I mean really? IT'S A C L E R I C!
    MAKE SOME AT WIL SPELLS HEEEEEAAAAALING! (without divinity)

I have actually thought similar things about this stupid design they have for such long cool downs. I'm not even playing a cleric and I think the cool downs on the powers is WAY to F'ing long. Why not reduce the cool down and reduce the damage that the power does so that you actually have MORE buttons to push than holding down the left mouse button the entire fight?

Give us something to do! Seriously..
    edited June 2013
    More and More Frustrated ppl will come . My Prediction will be right..