test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who wanna bet that Even more Clerics gonna reroll/quit after that patch ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    mrmordenb5mrmordenb5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All you non-Rogues, please just stop talking. You tards make yourselves look stupid whenever you speak about the Rogue nerf, that you know nothing of.

Hint: Rogues' main source of damage is not Shocking Execution or Lashing Blade. It's Duelist's Fury.

It's Duelist's Flurry.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hippomouse wrote: »
    Oh and as for clerics, I have one and just tried to spellplague caverns. The nerf on AS makes it pointless not just because of the cooldown and duration is nerfed but it does not compare in healing to the amount of dmg mobs do. I do use forgemaster too but on epic quests there are so many mobs everywhere not to mention targeted healing is virtually impossible, it only helps one member of the grp usually whoever is attacking the boss.

Before the patch clerics were the worst healers in any game I have ever seen and now they are even worse.

That's funny. I just did 2 Spellplagues back to back, both within 40 minutes each run. 1 Cleric (10.8k GS so he wasn't even geared out), 2 Rogues, 1 CW, 1 GF. We had no problems whatsoever. The only close call was the 2nd boss on our 2nd run. We burned him and almost wiped because we aggroed all surrounding adds. But he still died relatively fast in 1-shot.

Seems to me like you're just a baddie Cleric who can't adapt to changes. L2Play, scrub.
  • Options
    hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    lol thanks for the advice. It is funny how the majority of people disagree with you though isn't it. Let's see your youtube video of this then if you are such an amazing cleric lol
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    I think the bad clerics will drop, the ones that have relied on an obviously overlooked mechanic. Just like with rogues, the good ones will stay. And by good I mean the people willing to adapt. I've started out lightly today on my DC, trying out the new way AS works and so on, with the new improved aggro tables when it comes to tank, heals and dps I can easily say healing will be much better, even with non stacking of things.

Now we have tanks that hold aggro and can take a beating, what needs to be remembered is that there will still be a whole bunch of bad, stressy dpsers that will rush headlong into their death. Atleast DCs wont have to kite tank anymore, so we have time to deal damage and regain DP much quicker, allowing us to waste more DP on other things besides AS and FMF. SB is also not an aggro magnet anymore, so it's a viable way of interrupting incoming damage with a timely KB.

The arsenal is big, too bad many are stuck in 2xAS mindsets.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's funny. I just did 2 Spellplagues back to back, both within 40 minutes each run. 1 Cleric (10.8k GS so he wasn't even geared out), 2 Rogues, 1 CW, 1 GF. We had no problems whatsoever. The only close call was the 2nd boss on our 2nd run. We burned him and almost wiped because we aggroed all surrounding adds. But he still died relatively fast in 1-shot.

Seems to me like you're just a baddie Cleric who can't adapt to changes. L2Play, scrub.

That's rude and stupid. Just did T2 Temple of the Spider Queen with an experienced Cleric who I have played with before. The team was solid all the way around. The adds were just impossible to control with AS going down every few seconds and no place safe to dodge to. Personally I like a challenge and do a lot of Dungeons because I enjoy them, but when you wipe in seconds with an experienced team, that is just silly.

Roll back the nerfs.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well I am semi retiring my cleric until play styles smooth out. You are pretty much pigeon holed into needing an agro control person. I will come back in a couple of weeks and read up and watch people and see how they do it. I am not in to pulling my hair out adapting to relearning my class.

I love the asinine "L2P scrub" people, they are so full of themselves, LOL. Derrrr people have to learn to play. There is not one NORMAL player that is an almighty expert as soon as the first characters are allowed in testing. Just people wanting to "feel" superior that they are better with artificial digital lives than reality.

If you are so dad gum great and amazing, show people, don't group with your perfect group people. Go out and pug and teach people how to do it, and don't be a Jagass when trying to teach either. If you are successful with PUGS and teach them, then you are the shiznit.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a DC and GF player, I love the new changes, THANKS!
  • Options
    dolomichaeldolomichael Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just did 2 spellplagues, I had no trouble healing at all, I have a 9800 gs we used 1GF 2CW 1Rogue and myself. The GF even died on the first minute of the last boss and we 4 manned it. Take a look at your powers and feats and find something that works for you.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are pretty much pigeon holed into needing an agro control person.

if this is the attitude people have, no wonder they are quitting.

that is just a completely ridiculous statement.

this is a mmo, you are supposed to need a tank.

derr.
  • Options
    dragonmonkdragonmonk Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IF GF will go pure tank mode they will be fine, at 10k GS i have 32k HP, 36 AC, a 48.8 % chance to deflect dmg, and a 28.8% reduction in all dmg taking... I have had no problems holding aggro, and the cleric has had no problem healing me...
  • Options
    khendriklagmarkhendriklagmar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had the best of fun with my DC tonight. We started Karrundax with 4 members after our TR had to leave. The CW died at around 50%, and we finished the fight anyway. GF, GWF, DC (good job to my teamates!)
    It was my first T2 run, first Karrundax. Don't say DC is broken, just learn to play it :)
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    if this is the attitude people have, no wonder they are quitting.

that is just a completely ridiculous statement.

this is a mmo, you are supposed to need a tank.

derr.

Deerrrrrr

My point is, it pretty much limit GF's to spec in only in one path, and to a lesser degree GWF's. Meaning people are going to be waiting for the "perfect" group, as the grouping mechanics stink, supposedly "fixed" this patch, but already saw a couple of posts that its still not working.
  • Options
    warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *sigh* another person that doesn't realize that other classes are filling the gap of that stupid 5 seconds... Fighters actually hold threat now, they have a 50% damage reduction tool.. you just go into Divinity Mode.. Pop FF.. and everyone lives during that 5 seconds ..it's not hard. FFS
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My DC just hit 60 yesterday, had my first Spellplague run this afternoon, single DC (me). It wasn't easy and no we didn't finish due to most members leaving the party after the third wipe. The reduced uptime for AS was frustrating but as long as I was able to keep out of the main fray and throw AoE heals when AS was down we were doing OK. The reduced aggro was a nice change, the tank could actually hold it, the only time I got aggro was if I went into the mob to pick up a fallen party member (and then I was done for TBH).

I think DCs just need to take a look at their specs and adapt and get used to the reduced AS functionality and once that happens all will be good. :)

Just my two cents. I'm still enjoying playing the game, the nerfs don't annoy me too much, I'll just try to adapt. I've got a TR at 60 a DC at 60 and a CW working her way to 60.
  • Options
    warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    My DC just hit 60 yesterday, had my first Spellplague run this afternoon, single DC (me). It wasn't easy and no we didn't finish due to most members leaving the party after the third wipe. The reduced uptime for AS was frustrating but as long as I was able to keep out of the main fray and throw AoE heals when AS was down we were doing OK. The reduced aggro was a nice change, the tank could actually hold it, the only time I got aggro was if I went into the mob to pick up a fallen party member (and then I was done for TBH).

I think DCs just need to take a look at their specs and adapt and get used to the reduced AS functionality and once that happens all will be good. :)

Just my two cents. I'm still enjoying playing the game, the nerfs don't annoy me too much, I'll just try to adapt. I've got a TR at 60 a DC at 60 and a CW working her way to 60.

Change your encounters to AS, FF, and SB you'll be fine. Save your FF CD for when AS goes away. You'll be fine.
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • Options
    samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't care about Astral Shield. It was a stupid, place and stand ability that should never have been in there(the divinity version). What I want though is proper heals. I want to always be throwing some kind of heal, be it a DoT, a small heal(ala paladin in old WoW) or some heavy heals with 5-10 sec cooldowns.

Bastion is useless in every way. The cooldown is huge and no one can see the circle so they run out of it. Even if you put it in front of where someone is running, half the time they dodge backwards as if they are doing it on purpose(I know they aren't).

Sunburst is only for AP/Divinity, its heal is utter ****. Good knockback if you waste a pip, but bad for healing.

Healing word is terrible and doesn't stack on the same target. A heavy rework and this could be good. I like the idea of it, but its' actual effects are terrible.

Once again, I could care less about AS, it took the fun away from healing, imo, so good on them. My problem is that they didn't replace it with anything. It's not even a core issue of team play. People can still beat T2 and CN with it the way it is, the point is the classes heals are not fun. Make the heals fun and useful, that is all most of us want.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA