test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who wanna bet that Even more Clerics gonna reroll/quit after that patch ?

capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Prepare for long queue for dunegons.

I like challange . Im passionate player . Ofc Im DC class.
But PW not even takin feedback .

AS nerf let it be. I can't stack the shield , LET IT BE.

But comon GIVE ME HEALING TOOLS !!!!!!!!!!! please !

20 seconds CD on Heal, other heal 15 seconds other one 10 sec. and they expect us surive and heal tank who gonna have agro.

My Prediction ? Domino Effect. Less Cleric on servers -> longer w8 for dunegons -> more ppl frustrated -> more ppl gonna quit.

Alot ppl will not agree with me . But tbh if someone playin HEALER class . It's Passionate person. But if frustration will come what gonna happen ?

/Tested changes on PBE. / checked all builds. prepare for mega whipes and frustration.

ps. Now Walkin on 2x Cleric will be must , Just Throwin Circles will be ONE after another instead of stackin them.

ps.2 Yes Im Cleric , Yes i was doing CN on 1x DC, 2x CW, 2x TR now will be impossible
Post edited by capricornus16 on

Comments

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good, easier group finding for me.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because it's superhard finding a group as a DC at the moment. -_-
  • capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    DC always will find party. But after that patch just try FIND DC without problem .
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If raiderz and nw was one software, it would be the best. I rather choose raiderz over nw, because raiderz has more buttons and everyone can heal. But it does not mean clerics are not needed, Thats why I like raiderz but it does not come out. With new content every 1.5 to 2 months, thats the only downside with raiderz.

P.S Also raiderz everyone can dodge so raiderz is more balanced then nw.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some clerics will quit. Some clerics will adapt.

For those that can only manage with double stacking AS easy mode, it is better off they quit anyway, and make their space available to someone with more mastery of the class.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Good, easier group finding for me.

I shudder to think how bad someone must be if they have any trouble finding a group as a DC now.

Back to the OP's point, I have two DCs at 60 and will be waiting to see the effects of live before I make any decisions as to whether they are worth playing or not. Right now from what I have read the double whammy of no longer stacking AS (which is fine as it was OP and almost certainly not WAI anyway), and worse inability to keep AS up constantly seems to be overkill.

Or perhaps I will only join groups if there is a second DC - whether intended or not that seems to be what cryptic is forcing DCs to do. So, yes I expect after the patch that wanting 2 two DCs in a group will go from just very useful to near required.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    TBh i'm probably going to play my cleric more after the change, in pve that is.

This should help to offset any cleric drought that may occur.
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »

For those that can only manage with double stacking AS easy mode, it is better off they quit anyway, and make their space available to someone with more mastery of the class.

Acutally I was walkin Solo evrywhere. Even Castle Never as DC

I just dont see a way how Im gonna heal now party. If My other skills not gettin boost . That's what im worried. zero good healin tools
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I shudder to think how bad someone must be if they have any trouble finding a group as a DC now.

Back to the OP's point, I have two DCs at 60 and will be waiting to see the effects of live before I make any decisions as to whether they are worth playing or not. Right now from what I have read the double whammy of no longer stacking AS (which is fine as it was OP and almost certainly not WAI anyway), and worse inability to keep AS up constantly seems to be overkill.

Or perhaps I will only join groups if there is a second DC - whether intended or not that seems to be what cryptic is forcing DCs to do. So, yes I expect after the patch that wanting 2 two DCs in a group will go from just very useful to near required.

Heh You know like i mention i was walkin solo evrywhere was hard but possible.

Now will be mega hard and near impossible to do instance on 1 cleric.

Now Tactic Will be 2x DC at party and they thorwin Circle on turns
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey look, another of these threads.

Pretty much this. Though I'd hesitate to claim I have mastery of the class as yet.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Never said I have problems with it, just pointing out it'll be even quicker. Moreover clerics overall quality will improve, because clerics who were absolute top bottom and reason for many group disbands will simply quit instead of improving.
    What would you prefer? A horde of crappy clerics or less, but quality ones? I can assure you that you would prefer me over the same geared people doing 30% of my heal.
    edited June 2013
    Acutally I was walkin Solo evrywhere. Even Castle Never as DC

I just dont see a way how Im gonna heal now party. If My other skills not gettin boost . That's what im worried. zero good healin tools

Cast forgemasters flame while AS is not up? Healing word if you have a tank? Divine sunburst if mobs aren't ranged or close closing melee?

See this is what the problem is with AS. It is so good before this balance patch that clerics don't even know they have other ways to heal themselves and their party.
    edited June 2013
    That is also not a problem fro me cuze im passionate. But now XXXX more ppl gonna have problem to find Cleric for dunegons = MORE PPL gonna wait for dunegon = more ppl will be frustrated = more ppl gonna quit.

I think its chain reactiion
    edited June 2013
    Kevin you jokin right ?

Wanna best example ? What's is happenin with Cleric and his party at SPIDER . if party wanna make the boss on 1 DC ?

All mobs just insta bursting party right ? and you are using all heals on party and its STILL NOT ENOUGH to keep them alive.
    edited June 2013
    HW is terrible. If you could stack the heal (rather than the duration) then maybe it would be ok, but you can't, so it's just a crappy HoT that drains all your DP and can miss. And it doesn't benefit from recovery.

D'd sunburst wastes DP, doesn't heal THAT much more than non-D'd sunburst, and makes all your CWs ragequit because you've just scattered their nicely collected monsters.

Forgemasters is decent, but does require you to target a monster that won't die within 5 sec, that is centrally located to your party, and that everyone will be smart enough to hug for 5 seconds. Compare the difficulty of communicating that, to the simple "STAND IN TEH BLUE".
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013

That just confirms the OP's point. You will lose DCs and have less opportunity to run dungeons.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Never said I have problems with it, just pointing out it'll be even quicker. Moreover clerics overall quality will improve, because clerics who were absolute top bottom and reason for many group disbands will simply quit instead of improving.
    What would you prefer? A horde of crappy clerics or less, but quality ones? I can assure you that you would prefer me over the same geared people doing 30% of my heal.

The majority of players in this game are bad. Bad gear, bad gameplay. Clerics seem to have some of the worst players out of all classes for some reason. Most Clerics I've grouped with have no clue wtf they're even doing. They don't spam Hallowed Ground / Divine Armor, they don't use Sunburst (on cooldown), they don't use one of the many DPS Encounters available to them to at least help the team with some DPS. Oh, and they don't dodge out of red stuff. All they do is sit there in their blue circle of invulnerability and sometimes use their At-Wills. Some don't even do that...

I really like this Cleric nerf. I have a 60 Cleric myself and I think the game will be more interesting than the current meta for dungeons. Double Astral shield faceroll needed to be stopped back in May. Cryptic is a month and a half too late with this much-needed nerf. That's why you see all the crying on the forums from Clerics. They're too used to easymode and don't feel like adapting to good changes.

Now, the class that got the true stick in the as$ are Rogues. Their damage is now going to be destroyed. Some baddie Clerics might reroll, but the class that will have the biggest exodus will be Rogues. Clerics didn't have Astral Shield's values diminished, only the stacking and cooldown changed. Rogues on the other hand, had their main source of damage completely annihilated by Cryptic's terrible balancing team.
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, and rogues are incredibly rare at the moment, too!
    edited June 2013
    That's still proving the point if we gonna see exodus it will be less dunegons for all = more frustrated ppl = more quits.

I came from rlly old game Lineage 2 , where you had HARDCORE healing and figthing.

These days MMO sorry but are EASY MODES. for central casual - medium players.

And you think they gonna stick to game or they want hardcore someething ? now they gonna just quit game instead of that
    edited June 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    HW is terrible. If you could stack the heal (rather than the duration) then maybe it would be ok, but you can't, so it's just a crappy HoT that drains all your DP and can miss. And it doesn't benefit from recovery.

The effectiveness of HW is situational. I've used it to great effect at times.
    D'd sunburst wastes DP, doesn't heal THAT much more than non-D'd sunburst, and makes all your CWs ragequit because you've just scattered their nicely collected monsters.

The solution to that is... don't use it with DP when you like things where they are, use it with DP when you want things further away. It's like two Two TWO spells in one!
    Forgemasters is decent, but does require you to target a monster that won't die within 5 sec, that is centrally located to your party, and that everyone will be smart enough to hug for 5 seconds. Compare the difficulty of communicating that, to the simple "STAND IN TEH BLUE".

With this update, people are going to have to learn new ways to play. Stand by the X shouldn't be that much harder to grasp than stand in the blue.
    edited June 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    That just confirms the OP's point. You will lose DCs and have less opportunity to run dungeons.

Perhaps, until they are replaced with new DC that never had the easy mode, and have thus learned from the ground up how to play without it.
    edited June 2013
    Because soloplay is so challenging?

Bear in mind DCs only get AS at 50, so most of the "learning from the ground without it" will be...the last 10 levels.
    edited June 2013

Using DP on HW is a terrible idea. Yes it doesn't heal that much but when combined with forgemaster or sunburst, you can keep people alive, believe it or not I have healed many times without using astral shield.

DP'd sunburst does use DP yeah, but it also keeps you alive. I personally use divine favor (i think it's called that, feature that gives DP when you heal) when I know that I am going to be in a position where healing and staying alive is going to be paramount to my parties success. Thus I always have 3 pips of DP, yes 3 pips not 4, my cleric is righteous paragon and has facerolled all the content in the game. IF the CW is ragequitting because you scattered mobs for what will account for 2-3 seconds if they aren't teleporting melees, get a new CW. The CW can still do what he needs to do if the mobs are scattered for 2 seconds, if he can't that is a player issue with the CW and not an issue with the cleric sunbursting. Yes he might miss a shield pop if you do this, but you are alive which to me is more important yes?

Forgemasters is not only decent it's perfect for sustaining healing while AS is down. The only person that isn't going to have an elite/boss monster next to him is either the cleric (if aggro changes work) or the CW. CW has enough survivability through control and 3 teleports that he shouldn't be dying during AS downtime. Cleric should be fine either way, if aggro changes didn't work he has monsters next to him, if the chagnes work he shouldn't be taking much damage anyways.
  • jango974jango974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The majority of players in this game are bad. Bad gear, bad gameplay. Clerics seem to have some of the worst players out of all classes for some reason. Most Clerics I've grouped with have no clue wtf they're even doing. They don't spam Hallowed Ground / Divine Armor, they don't use Sunburst (on cooldown), they don't use one of the many DPS Encounters available to them to at least help the team with some DPS. Oh, and they don't dodge out of red stuff. All they do is sit there in their blue circle of invulnerability and sometimes use their At-Wills. Some don't even do that...

I really like this Cleric nerf. I have a 60 Cleric myself and I think the game will be more interesting than the current meta for dungeons. Double Astral shield faceroll needed to be stopped back in May. Cryptic is a month and a half too late with this much-needed nerf. That's why you see all the crying on the forums from Clerics. They're too used to easymode and don't feel like adapting to good changes.

Now, the class that got the true stick in the as$ are Rogues. Their damage is now going to be destroyed. Some baddie Clerics might reroll, but the class that will have the biggest exodus will be Rogues. Clerics didn't have Astral Shield's values diminished, only the stacking and cooldown changed. Rogues on the other hand, had their main source of damage completely annihilated by Cryptic's terrible balancing team.

I LAUGHED so MUCH.
    You are laughing at the clerics you played with, did you do instances lvl 30? a cleric that don't use SB? was he afk? because idk what he can do if he doesnt use it on cd, that don't spam HG umm weird maybe it was not necessary but still awkward.

After feeling bad for you to play with the worst player of the world, you start talking, TR will have theirs damages destroyed, and why the hell they will have they damage destroyed? maybe you should start to read complelty the patch notes, ofc it's going to be a nerf for mostly everyone, but its not going to destroyed rogues, they will still be the first DPS with very huge damage, reducing one skill BASE dmg (YES THE BASE DAMAGE nothing related to your power or the effect of the skill) or lowering stacks that will destroy the damage output of a class.
    edited June 2013
    Because soloplay is so challenging?

Bear in mind DCs only get AS at 50, so most of the "learning from the ground without it" will be...the last 10 levels.

Bear in mind that getting to 50 isn't very challenging in this game, and takes very little time. Assuming one doesn't intend to level to 60 and then drop the character, play after reaching 60 represents the bulk of any character's lifespan. Since the nature of play is very different at this point, from earlier soloing levels, and now will be even more so, 'learning from the ground up' is a reasonably apt expression when referring to newly entering end game content.
  • quakquaaaaakquakquaaaaak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guess it will now just be impossible to rnd queue witch my DC, with this nerf on healoutput and mitigation and those rnd groups that just go on a rampage in dungeon i hardly see a way to keep them up. and guess who they will blame, the **** cleric of course who cant heal. ill just avoid that and play another class.
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's still proving the point if we gonna see exodus it will be less dunegons for all = more frustrated ppl = more quits.

I came from rlly old game Lineage 2 , where you had HARDCORE healing and figthing.

These days MMO sorry but are EASY MODES. for central casual - medium players.

And you think they gonna stick to game or they want hardcore someething ? now they gonna just quit game instead of that

I played a DE healer among other classes in L2 and while the game was 'hardcore' (no instances, open world PvP, exp loss on death which could result in level loss, slow levelling (1% an hour type of speeds) etc.) the actual healing role in PvE was a breeze. It mainly consisted of sitting on ones' <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the middle of your party getting up every few minutes to lay a heal on the tank and/or boost the magic user's mana resource.

In short, healing in L2 was by far the easiest role I have ever played in any game ever.

Back on topic, changes to any class you have become used to playing for some time can always be a little disorientating at first. Best thing is to wait for the changes to go live, play a few days and then decide whether the class is still one you want to play at the moment. Give feedback then when it is actually meaningful.
    edited June 2013
    we will see. I just see mass exodus
  • krogothiczkrogothicz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just got my DC to 60, much much easier finding a grp then on my TR. But the ques are quite long, and I really dont like the healing tools or lack of them.

Hoping the patch will help with argo issues, I hate LFG in chat but thats what you have to do i guess.

Also its not so bad doing it with 1 DC just have to slow way down and be mind full of your healer.

But this is not about any of that, its all about NW selling them pots and scrolls.
  • reonhato99reonhato99 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The sooner clerics realise that healing is not the job but keeping the team alive is the job the better. There is more then 1 way to keep your team alive. For 95% of any dungeon a gearless cleric with a blue circle is more then enough. Too many people are more concerned about a big gear score and putting up big numbers on the score board then doing their job. Astral and sunburst are more then enough healing in most situations, damage mitigation and who you heal, not how much is far more important.

I haven't played on the test shard so I cannot be sure, but personally I think threat changes and changes to the GF are going to change how the cleric plays far more then any skill changes.