test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, will you be sticking to Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, people will always have more negative things to say than positive. Or, if you want to see it from another point of view, you'll always get more whiners posting than people who are happy about something

C'est la vie
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    No, people will always have more negative things to say than positive. Or, if you want to see it from another point of view, you'll always get more whiners posting than people who are happy about something

C'est la vie

you know what people who actually say thing do for the game?

They help improve it by pointing out to the devs whats wrong.

I AM UNHAPPY.

tell a dev "let me check this"

The blind "I love it!! er mer gerd!" is useless
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grienne wrote: »
    you know what people who actually say thing do for the game?

They help improve it by pointing out to the devs whats wrong.

I AM UNHAPPY.

tell a dev "let me check this"

The blind "I love it!! er mer gerd!" is useless

Most of the 'complaints' I see and saw on these forums ranged from "This game sux" "to "F@K cryptic and PWE". Very useful. Like the ones saying "This game is dead"

I know I am not convincing anyone nor do I care or even try to, I just find it very disturbing and sad. The fact some even get to BELIEVE they are actually doing something good for the game is borderline psychotic....
  • Options
    rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013

C'est la vie

33 yeses (who also elaborated) vs. 16 nos (who elaborated) and the rest were unsure. How is that more negative? Are you sure you aren't just focusing on the negative people more yourself?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    33 yeses (who also elaborated) vs. 16 nos (who elaborated) and the rest were unsure. How is that more negative? Are you sure you aren't just focusing on the negative people more yourself?

I am focusing on the CONTENT of some of the negatives. There so much anger and hate into those. And if these people can feel like that for a GAME, god forbids they ever get crossed in real life with the neighbour and blow them up....
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Most of the 'complaints' I see and saw on these forums ranged from "This game sux" "to "F@K cryptic and PWE". Very useful. Like the ones saying "This game is dead"

I know I am not convincing anyone nor do I care or even try to, I just find it very disturbing and sad. The fact some even get to BELIEVE they are actually doing something good for the game is borderline psychotic....

a lot of people are giving specific reasons on what their issues with that are......of course you have the people saying #!@# this etc but you also have a metric ton of people giving quality feedback.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    grienne wrote: »
    a lot of people are giving specific reasons on what their issues with that are......of course you have the people saying #!@# this etc but you also have a metric ton of people giving quality feedback.

I said SOME, I didn't say ALL. Of course there are loads of constructive criticism posts in the forum. You know well what I am talking about
  • Options
    rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see just as much "hate and rage" in a lot of the people trying to defend the game by putting down the naysayers.

like so:
    holt3 wrote: »
    Do you need that $40 mount or $10 bag to play? Are you the same guy that's been spewing this **** since the game came out or are there more of you? It's like clockwork, no one can start a ****ing thread on this forums without this exact same bull**** utterance spewing forth from someone's butthurt little mouth. Give it a rest and enjoy what the game has to offer, the prices aren't going to change no matter how far you stick your nose up in the air.
  • Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, I'm a Hardcore DnD player/hobbyist. I love this computer version of the game, I also see a lot of potential for Neverwinter.
    20.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I see just as much "hate and rage" in a lot of the people trying to defend the game by putting down the naysayers.

LOL actually I wish I could really put down some of the naysayer. By the content and delivery of their hate speeches, that would probably be good for the human race. flawed DNA is...flawed ;)
  • Options
    darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    It's a nice game when you have a little time to waste. I like the combat for the most part and I am a fan of ad&d.

However, the prices on the zen store are outrageous which will cause me to never take this game seriously. I will never rush home to play that game with the 40$ mounts and 10$ bags.

If I am bored and have nothing to do its nice to play around on for a couple hours though.

The price are fine man at 60 if you pvp/sell epic from dungoen drop its so easy to get zen, i bought 10% of key and since then i made like 25 million AD np i even bought the 2500 bar mount....yesturday i bought 2million worth of zen for like 7000 zen...

SO easy to make money in that game
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't know if i will. I will wait to see what the unknown classes or races are when game goes live. But after that who knows. I've had my fun with the game. I'm really starting to hate ftp mmo's because of the cash shops and communities in them. I would rather find a pay monthly game now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jarfaru wrote: »
    Don't know if i will. I will wait to see what the unknown classes or races are when game goes live. But after that who knows. I've had my fun with the game. I'm really starting to hate ftp mmo's because of the cash shops and communities in them. I would rather find a pay monthly game now.

I wish NWO had a 'freemium' model, like STO or LOTRO,where I can pay a monthly fee and get a monthly 'stipend' of ZEN or something like that
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Er...it's free to play, gang. In sub-model games, "loyalty" to a game meant continuously shelling out 15 bucks/month but we all can just leave this F2P game whenever we want and come back when we want. I threw 200 bucks at the game already so I'm perfectly fine walking away from it when I get bored or something else comes along knowing that I'll have stuff waiting for me if I decide to come back.

Right now, this game fills my need for CoH-esque combat in an MMO so I'll hang out until another game brings the same or better. And, like CoH, I'll probably come back to try the new classes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    synfoola wrote: »
    Er...it's free to play, gang. In sub-model games, "loyalty" to a game meant continuously shelling out 15 bucks/month but we all can just leave this F2P game whenever we want and come back when we want. I threw 200 bucks at the game already so I'm perfectly fine walking away from it when I get bored or something else comes along knowing that I'll have stuff waiting for me if I decide to come back.

Right now, this game fills my need for CoH-esque combat in an MMO so I'll hang out until another game brings the same or better. And, like CoH, I'll probably come back to try the new classes.

Also, I have already spent what I wanted on my 2 main characters (bags, dyes, companions etc) and I won't 'need' to spend anything more in the near future (unless I fancy some scratch and win boxes). And the new class being a ranged one, means I won't be trying a new char anytime soon
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

I'm just hoping that some of the bridge dwellers who are threatening to leave actually do.
    In every post you make, you use the term bridge dwellers or some other form of insult. It' getting old and there is no need for you to continually sling insults around. If I knew how to report you I would. You deserve at this point at least weeks ban from the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    trequeltrequel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    forumz24 wrote: »
    Any person crying about zen store costs clearly haven't hit end game. 13,500 Gearscore Great Weapon Fighter with greater soulforged/plaguefire, all rank 7 enchants, 2 110% speed mounts, Wedding Garb, 3 24 slot bags, 6 character slots, 3 character tokens and ive payed for 7 or so respecs without spending a dime in this game. This is by far the best free to play model any game has put out to date. If you disagree you are just bad at the game. I was actually laughing at how easy it was to make 4000 zen today. The bads can move along. Pie Aficionados are here to stay.

One of the reasons why this game doesn't really appeal to me is right here.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    It's a nice game when you have a little time to waste. I like the combat for the most part and I am a fan of ad&d.

However, the prices on the zen store are outrageous which will cause me to never take this game seriously. I will never rush home to play that game with the 40$ mounts and 10$ bags.

If I am bored and have nothing to do its nice to play around on for a couple hours though.

This pretty much sums it up for me. The game is fun but the cash shop leaves me well reserved to push my attention elsewhere.
  • Options
    mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Don't think it will happen? Check out SWTOR and D3, lol. Both prety much ghost towns becuase fanboy scrubs like you tell everyone who has an opinion to "leave"

If he is a "fanboy srcrub" what does that make you? You are quite obviously one of those folks who feels they are L33t and Uber and thus cannot be bothered with a game that is so beneath you. If your life is so full of better things to do why hang around forums for a game that you said you were leaving to post such things? What is it some pathetic attempt to validate your sad little gamer life by talking ****?
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • Options
    nibby75nibby75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At this point I doubt I will but I'm waiting until after the major patch to make a finally decision.
  • Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    Unlikely, for two reasons:

- Every boss fight is more or less the same mechanic, and add swarm after add swarm after trash packs renders dungeons boring
    - PvP has serious problems without diminishing returns on CC (which is about to get worse with the cleanse nerf)

Add to that the serious nerfs being eaten by my primary class (DC), and my desire to login is largely gone.
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • Options
    x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    In every post you make, you use the term bridge dwellers or some other form of insult. It' getting old and there is no need for you to continually sling insults around. If I knew how to report you I would. You deserve at this point at least weeks ban from the forums.

Be very careful replying to any of stormdragon's posts. He has started MANY arguments, flame wars even, and when people try to defend themselves they were banned, yet he is still here posting whatever he wants with immunity. Just a heads up to warn you. :)

To report a post is very easy. Go to the offending post, look at the bottom left corner and you will see a white triangle with "!" in it. Click and report. That's it. But it wont do you any good to report stormdragon, or most of the fanboys, because I myself have reported him over 10+ times and never had a response and obviously he is still posting. Just look at his post history, it's unreal.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the popc0rn factor alone, of course. As a dedicated game, no- too much more to my liking out there/coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

I'm just hoping that some of the bridge dwellers who are threatening to leave actually do.

Once again, you are the FIRST person in this post to ATTACK people UNPROVOKED and this goes on and on, your post history is filled with blatant rule breaking posts like this. This one post alone breaks just about EVERY forum rule. It did not add any content, other than to start a flame war. It's obvious you MUST be servicing the mods quite well for if someone would have trolled your troll, they would have been banned, just like many other previous times. Why are there so many alt accounts? Because the mods are so biased against non fanboy posters that they ABUSE their banning privileges. What a frigging joke.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

Actually I hope they stay and whiny self-righteous spoiled bratty kids like you move on.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll stay just because of the Foundry.

At least as long as Elder Scrolls online doesnt feature creating game content too when it comes out..... :cool:
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll stay just because of the Foundry.

At least as long as Elder Scrolls online doesnt feature creating game content too when it comes out..... :cool:

The only content in Elder Scrolls Online will be vampire twinks ganking carebears trying to grind in endgame dungeons. Not that horribly one sided zergfest pvp isnt fun or anything, I am sure looking forward to it.

Whoever had the idea to take the biggest most carebear friendly single player console rpg and turn it into a hardcore open world pvp mmo gankfest was a genius.

Dark Age of Oblivion is going to cause so much rage it is not funny.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    The only content in Elder Scrolls Online will be vampire twinks ganking carebears trying to grind in endgame dungeons. Not that horribly one sided zergfest pvp isnt fun or anything, I am sure looking forward to it.

Whoever had the idea to take the biggest most carebear friendly single player console rpg and turn it into a hardcore open world pvp mmo gankfest was a genius.

Dark Age of Oblivion is going to cause so much rage it is not funny.

Wow coming to that astute conclusion for a game that isn't even launched yet... but funny you sound like your describing this game actually.

Wildstar will kill this game before ESO anyways.
  • Options
    mitotemitote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ABSOLUTELY NOT.
    This game is a scam.
    They were NOT PREPARED!
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.

I'm thinking about how much I want to commit to this game atm. My 'main game' at the moment, so to speak, is still DDO although almost all my play time has been put into this recently while on a DDO hiatus. And for the most part it's been fun.

Attracts me to the game:
    - I really like the DC action combat - that is super fun. I'm enjoying the rogue too.
    - Sparkles! I love the trail. I kind of like how brain dead I can be about this game. I read nothing and just go by colours. If it sparkles I follow it or interact with it. If it's yellow I pick up a quest, if it's brown I pick up the rewards. Glance at objectives. I don't have to read anything and it's just all pretty pictures and fantastic 3D gamespace.
    - Foundry - haven't done much but it's awesome that its' there. When I have some brainspace I will give it a go or try to look more systematically at what has been done.
    - Crunching enchantments. So good. This satisfies an itch I've had since Diablo - yes I crunched EVERY SINGLE GEM THEN TOO.
    - Mounts - fast ones. There are days when I just don't want to spend ages travelling. I'm also fond of fairly heavily instanced areas but with enough interaction I can casually help people out without partying with them and vice versa.
    - The queueing system (when it works). Not having to plan a party and being there to just get stuff done.
    DD, pvp, skirmishes all being on at a particular time. Brings people together so people will log into delves at that time. I wish you could see when delves were on more easily from outside the game.
    - Loot and build being fairly simplistic as you level - your main stats, find gear, equip go. Companions too. Kinda fun.
    - Professions - a meta game that's kind of fun in a farmville kind of way.
    - The gateway - managing professions and guild stuff while on my phone is very cool.
    - A few other things are just fun and interesting but I suspect that is mainly because it's novel. As soon as they cease to be so new they won't help me stick.

Repels me:
    - The locked chest only being opened during DD and there being too few DD. The knock on affect for this is that all loot feels like luck only or from trading and I personally really hate trading. I don't find shopping fun in real life, I certainly do not find shopping fun in a game. If it was resource management I would love it - but it's not, it's shopping. And shopping can go DIAF.
    - Loot as the only means of progression past 60. This is a real turn off for me as I'm not all that acquisitive. At a certain point I'm going to decide my gear is good enough and then there is no other form of progress. If I've finished all the content then that's it I guess. Foundaries to date have been a bit hit and miss. One I did was just full of scantily clad females everywhere - this sad attempt at titillation is what counts for user content is it? I just don't know if there is enough content for me to stay. I guess it's early days and I need to give NWO a fair go.
    - Parties - are you for real? Zone chat mess for party creation? You can't create a party unless you have one other person and no one uses it. Very sad.
    - I do not feel like I've had value for my $200 so I don't feel like I want to spend any more on this game. Too much is derived from luck rather than progress. It's left a sour taste in my mouth for any other Cryptic game. At the moment dead is dead and no one expects me to have bought rezz scrolls with zen. If the game ever changed so that would be the expectation then I would probably bow out. Prices seem a bit much.
    - Being highly encouraged to PVP - the AD stuff is too good to bypass so you kind of have to and the oncoming Expansion too? But it's really not my thing.
    - Other minor gripes are all things I'd probably just get used to over time but the above are probably turning points for me.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
This discussion has been closed.