test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, will you be sticking to Neverwinter?

whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.
Post edited by whoamark on

Comments

• Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    yes ...
    cause waiting for the special race and class that called "coming soon" ... :)
    just see where things goes actually ...
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's a nice game when you have a little time to waste. I like the combat for the most part and I am a fan of ad&d.

However, the prices on the zen store are outrageous which will cause me to never take this game seriously. I will never rush home to play that game with the 40$ mounts and 10$ bags.

If I am bored and have nothing to do its nice to play around on for a couple hours though.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'd expect to stick around. Lightweight fantasy MMO, fun alternative to mech or tank shooting.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Yarp. Enjoying it immensely and my guild is almost ready with 20 people wearing t2 gear for Gauntlgrym.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

I'm just hoping that some of the bridge dwellers who are threatening to leave actually do.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes because I am having fun. this is all that matters.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    It's a nice game when you have a little time to waste. I like the combat for the most part and I am a fan of ad&d.

However, the prices on the zen store are outrageous which will cause me to never take this game seriously. I will never rush home to play that game with the 40$ mounts and 10$ bags.

If I am bored and have nothing to do its nice to play around on for a couple hours though.

i got that stuff for free trading AD i earned in game for zen.....
  • Options
    newtype88newtype88 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely! amidst all the problems, it's still the most fun I've had with an MMO in a loong time. And with the recent balancing, It's reassuring they are listening to the criticisms. Forget the whiners.
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Didn't mention if I would be staying or not...

I think that I will be sticking around. By the time this game has more classes and the expansion out I predict that it will hold a spot in the top two of successful F2P MMORPGs.

Not a huge fan of the cash shop staring me in the eye at every turn, but I'll survive.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    i got that stuff for free trading AD i earned in game for zen.....

I understand some people can do that who have loads of free time.

I simply don't have the time to farm. I would be happier with 15$ a month and not having to worry about it.

If I want to make an alt or something, I don't have time to farm for hours on end, nor am I going to spend over a hundred dollars getting them a mount, bags, companion, and so on.

If you have loads of disposable income or excessive amounts of time to waste, then sure its fine.
  • Options
    dwarfordeathdwarfordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    I understand some people can do that who have loads of free time.

I simply don't have the time to farm. I would be happier with 15$ a month and not having to worry about it.

If I want to make an alt or something, I don't have time to farm for hours on end, nor am I going to spend over a hundred dollars getting them a mount, bags, companion, and so on.

If you have loads of disposable income or excessive amounts of time to waste, then sure its fine.

Farm what?

I do one maybe two T2 DDs a day. You figure you can easily run two Dungeons per DD [excluding CN] without pre-clearing. One DD nets me anywhere from 50K - 1 mil AD. [No; I don't ninja, purely from selling greed roll and end chest items.]

It's not like it takes monthes... or even weeks to farm up enough AD to convert to zen to buy these things, sick of all the people whining about Zen market prices.. Just play the game.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nope
    /10char
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

I'm just hoping that some of the bridge dwellers who are threatening to leave actually do.

You know that won't happen, wherever there is drama there is lulz to be cultivated by trolls.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Farm what?

I do one maybe two T2 DDs a day. You figure you can easily run two Dungeons per DD [excluding CN] without pre-clearing. One DD nets me anywhere from 50K - 1 mil AD. [No; I don'r ninja, purely from greed rolls and end chests.]

It's not like it takes monthes... or even weeks to farm up enough AD to convert to zen to buy these things, sick of all the people whining about Zen market prices.. Just play the game.

So tell me mr "registered in April" How do you farm those top tier enchants and coalescent wards so fast?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    You know that won't happen, wherever there is drama there is lulz to be cultivated by trolls.

Don't think it will happen? Check out SWTOR and D3, lol. Both prety much ghost towns becuase fanboy scrubs like you tell everyone who has an opinion to "leave"
  • Options
    phigmnentphigmnent Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    Actually once you get past the combat system, them game is just "meh". It actually has little value to keep logging in everyday, I still switch from GW2 and here when I feel like playing a little, after a quick hour, I could careless for the game for days (right now its been about 2 weeks). Was hoping the balance update would entice me to stick around, but I think a new server/shard is about the only hope for many casual players in this game
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    So tell me mr "registered in April" How do you farm those top tier enchants and coalescent wards so fast?

Why are you so bad at any game you play? LOL!
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think I'd rather play a different MMO that has more than three classes. I mean, I know the three classes in Neverwinter are pretty neat, but it's just not enough diversity. I'd like to play a fighter class at some point, if Cryptic ever releases one, but by the time they do ESO or Wildstar will probably be out and so will I.

They had their chance to fix fighters. They blew it.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.

Nope.
    /10chars
  • Options
    dwarfordeathdwarfordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I uh... play the game.

That's how.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Don't think it will happen? Check out SWTOR and D3, lol. Both prety much ghost towns becuase fanboy scrubs like you tell everyone who has an opinion to "leave"

D3: Made some MAJOR changes to it's endgame and longevity which helped to improve a lot of it's flaws. If trolls got bored of it or the turnarounds aided in changing their minds then naturally you won't see as much drama as before. But that was brought about as a result of the massive community upheaval that happened.

SWTOR: you HAVE seen their F2P model right? It was so bad, that other MMO's converting to F2P in fact used it against them in advertising. If ever there was a place that is just NOT WORTH trolling or going near. It's the SWTOR forums. I think the "golden poo" EA won, kind of hints towards that.
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I'm going to stick around. Mostly because I am making a foundry quest, and plan on making a whole bunch of them! Plus I want to play quests that are made by other players!
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I will probably be very active on NeverwinterPreview shard until new classes are introduced.
    I'm still bouncing around TERA, Dragon's Prophet and EQ2 as well.

The F2P model gives us freedom to not be attached to any one game, which is a good thing.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As most, I enjoy the combat and am an avid fan of all things Forgotten Realms. But for someone who doesn't like PvP that much, and doesn't care too much for the dreadful queue waiting times, there's not much left to do as a level 60 character. Also, I felt the leveling happened way too fast, and most of the content started to feel repetitive very early on. Which is why I'm not too eager to start all over again with a new character.

It's an alright game. I'll certainly stick around to try out the new stuff planned this month, but once I'm finished with that as well, I really don't know.
  • Options
    ricktus1973ricktus1973 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sticking around. I figure if I get bored, I can go play GW2 for awhile and then come back. I'm thinking about making it my goal to see how much I can get out of this game for free :) I like the challenge of that. The one thing that is keeping me glued to it at the moment though is the prospect of using the foundry. I've started on one adventure with it, hopefully they will keep that part of the game updated along with all of the other incoming changes.
  • Options
    djoumsdjoums Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think so, once you're full T2 and have CN on farm there's basically nothing to do. Well maybe farm AD to get higher level runes and the like but that's just boring. I'll probably check again once the announced expansion is out but tbh my hopes aren't too high.
    NW has a real potential, but it's missing a whole lot of long term features.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I wasn't going anywhere, and I'm still not going anywhere. Here to stay for as long as I'm having fun. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes heck I seem to not have enough time now to play .
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We will see with the content patch. Right now it's just too repetive and boring.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    viciousjediviciousjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am psyched my decision to move here from Wow has been affirmed by the swift work they are doing. Considering this is going from open beta to live in a month and a half.. that is far faster then what Many other mmos have taken to release updates.

Seriously my guild League of Shadows is Pumped for this! WE love pve and Pvp content. and for an expansion to focus on both is a dream for us!
    Old School gamer, reviewer of mmos and slayer of dragons.
This discussion has been closed.