test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, will you be sticking to Neverwinter?

Comments

• riverfontriverfont Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sticking around. I really like this game.

It's not perfect -- no game is -- but it really grabs me and satisfies my inner D&D geek in a fun way.
  • blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like this game a lot. It's extremely fun, can easily keep me glued to my computer all day if I let it. It has it's flaws but every game does, perfection doesn't exist. I'm looking forward to the upcoming patch and having fun in those sweet 20v20 raids. I'll be sticking around for a while longer.
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    x3mta3x wrote: »
    Be very careful replying to any of stormdragon's posts. He has started MANY arguments, flame wars even, and when people try to defend themselves they were banned, yet he is still here posting whatever he wants with immunity. Just a heads up to warn you. :)

To report a post is very easy. Go to the offending post, look at the bottom left corner and you will see a white triangle with "!" in it. Click and report. That's it. But it wont do you any good to report stormdragon, or most of the fanboys, because I myself have reported him over 10+ times and never had a response and obviously he is still posting. Just look at his post history, it's unreal.

Indeed, I've seen virtually nothing constructive from that poster, just the same old nonsense about " bridge dwellers" in every post (hell, it's in his signature, nice little bypass of the no calling troll forum rule btw) and attacks people constantly, yet nothing is done about it. The mods are clearly biased, so there's nothing anyone can do /shrug

Just place on ignore, maybe you could start a "zealous fanboy" ignore list and link it in your sig ;)
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow coming to that astute conclusion for a game that isn't even launched yet... but funny you sound like your describing this game actually.

This game is an open world pvp gankfest ruled by vampire twinks? Really?
    Wildstar will kill this game before ESO anyways.

I see you are "coming to that astute conclusion for a game that isn't even launched yet".

How hypocritical of you.

I bet you are not even in the Wild Star closed beta, let alone the TESO one.
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    I'll be around for a while. This game comes the closest to the steamroller playstyle of City of Heroes of anything I've tried since.
  • x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    Indeed, I've seen virtually nothing constructive from that poster, just the same old nonsense about " bridge dwellers" in every post (hell, it's in his signature, nice little bypass of the no calling troll forum rule btw) and attacks people constantly, yet nothing is done about it. The mods are clearly biased, so there's nothing anyone can do /shrug

Just place on ignore, maybe you could start a "zealous fanboy" ignore list and link it in your sig ;)

You know what the funny thing is? Because of people like him and these biased mods added to the poor state of the game itself, they will get exactly what they keep asking for... an EMPTY forum and game. Then when that happens they will be running to everyone BEGGING to come play so the game can stay alive. I love karma! :)

About the "zealous fanboy" list, LOL that's actually a good idea. :)
  • dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No. I hit level 60 without spending a dime. I'm done.

Too many issues with the game, too much cheating, too many exploits, too many broken game mechanics, lackluster community, zero end game, I don't grind, I don't min-max, I don't care if I have the best of anything, not even any gear progression since you can easily gear to 11K+ GS without setting foot in a single dungeon the entire game.

But I did have fun leveling.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yup. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, gonna have to shell out some money now though. If... If class balancing is not changed in the next two weeks. :):(:):(
  • n1451n1451 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will return upon the release of new classes or increase in level cap. I'm not patient enough to wait half an hour in queue for dungeons and neither willing enough to join a guild where people will have the exact opposite personalities of me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    x3mta3x wrote: »
    You know what the funny thing is? Because of people like him and these biased mods added to the poor state of the game itself, they will get exactly what they keep asking for... an EMPTY forum and game. Then when that happens they will be running to everyone BEGGING to come play so the game can stay alive. I love karma! :)

About the "zealous fanboy" list, LOL that's actually a good idea. :)

Add that to my sig. Priceless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • ireniicusireniicus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the game but I am finding I have to wait a very long time to get into Skirmishes or Dungeons so cannot complete dailies. So may move to a more popular game as I cannot get content done
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.

Currently its the best/most fun MMORPG out there. Lets hope they can keep it that way ;)
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    I will never rush home to play that game with the 40$ mounts and 10$ bags.

You know that you can exchange AD for Zen right? So you don't have to pay any real money for those ZEN items.
  • maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Nope. I haven't been on in weeks, but i'll try the new content sometime after it's release. My expectations are low seeing the same repetitive things since February, a lack of challenge when all bosses work off the same mechanic of massive HP, and scads of agro, and now they've even completely nerfed my favorite class as a DC. Sum total: They've taken a game with great potential, and made an early investor have very little desire to play at all. It is however, funny to see the disparity between the comments of "Guardians/Hero's of the North" versus the non-payer's, who rush to the defense of expensive Zen gear though through farming AD. I just wonder how Cryptic is going to make money off them to support their FTP model, when most of my Guardian/Hero of the North friends who actually paid $$$ have long since left.

Seriously, if I wanted to spend my free time doing "boring", "not-fun" things like farming, I can go watch paint dry.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

I'm just hoping that some of the bridge dwellers who are threatening to leave actually do.

Of all the members of this community, you are by far the worst.
  • x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Add that to my sig. Priceless.
    KUDOS! wrote:
    PM me for a great zealous fanboi ignore list! (Cures upset stomach and sore backsides!)
    ROFL! That is some funny <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> right there! :) I didn't want to rock the boat and put that in my sig as I am probably already swirling the ban drain. LOL.

EDIT:
    Messed up my BBC qoute, had to fix it. :)
  • jerhovahjerhovah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I might, I'm not very pleased by the pvp aspect of Gauntlgrym, but if I can skip the pvp stuff I'll stick it out.
  • magusshadowmoonmagusshadowmoon Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More than likely No! It was a fun distraction for about a week, but I was expecting Neverwinter Nights and instead got its poor, he got the short end of the stick brother, who is more like Dark Alliance 1 and 2 meh.

The class system is too ridged. If I want to be a fighter Im stuck with a giant sword or sword and shield. Clerics are stuck using just a holy symbol (where is the mace and shield). Mages are stuck with a floating orb (wtf, where is my staff). etc. There is no real deep character customization.
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was having more fun, now having less fun. That's all that really matters to me when it comes to a game.

A lot of people get into the whole spreadsheet analysis of all the abilities and equipment and how they relate to each other - I've been *paid* to do that kind of thing, I don't do it for fun. As you progress (and now it seems earlier in the game), it's becoming mandatory. For me that's really a "watching grass grow" kind of thing. I don't mind having a variety of options, that's great, but when it looks like the org chart for the IRS, you lost me.
  • foshizzllefoshizzlle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they keep adding stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like Gauntlgrym where: 1. "players must be in a guild to participate" and 2. "Dwarf King's Crypt (Tier 2 rewards), only available to the winning team"....then no.

Its dumb. Its EQ1 era thinking. 20 man anything means I'm not interested, esp when you combine it with pvp. Locking out content to players like that is clownshoes.
  • diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not on a regular Basis.

Solo PvE Content is horribly balanced at higher Level and no fun at all. They tell us it was designed for a Player plus companion and than don't give us a companion, not to speak of how bad the companion AI is too. There are no real Boss Encounters, just AoE spamming health mountains with endless adds. I will finish the last Zone as a duo and wait for the next classes to come out, but I doubt i will Play another char to 60, though they all might get there with praying at some Point. The wohle dynamic combat System was a nice idea, but without being able to attack while moving it has no real value. It is free so i will Keep it around, but just like STO only Play it for a bit aftr a mojor patch, they definitely won't see my Money for now.
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will not be here for much longer if they don't really make it balanced, this so called balance coming is not a balance. They just slapped a sticker and sent it, they did not take the time (long time) to actually see if what they did was right. Gf and gwf are still slow and do little damage, how is that equal to the others ?. That's a balance nope, 95 to 99% of the skills don't do what they are supposed to do. Or don't do everything that it is supposed to do, they are broken. They rushed it and called it a day, that is not balance.

P.S I am waiting for the new ones to come out, and if those are garbage I will stay with nw. Lots of new ones are coming soon, waiting for 2 or 3.
  • daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol so you mean gf and gwf damage should be equal to rouge? that is balance to you?
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    It's a nice game when you have a little time to waste. I like the combat for the most part and I am a fan of ad&d.

However, the prices on the zen store are outrageous which will cause me to never take this game seriously. I will never rush home to play that game with the 40$ mounts and 10$ bags.

If I am bored and have nothing to do its nice to play around on for a couple hours though.

I'm in this camp. No one likes being so blatantly robbed. I understand FTP needs cash and I've bought packs and paid Zen but this game is way too expensive if you want the top runes etc. I'm treating it now as a free online solo game.
  • aenedoraenedor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am liking things that I thought I would hate, the combat, the linear dungeons, the claustrophobic feeling.

Other positives are the graphics, most of the voice overs, getting sufficient gear just from looting.

I have hit 51 with a free level 15 pet and it is starting to get tougher to make progress through the storyline quests.

I have spent no money and I want to see if I can get to 60 having spent no money without resorting to the foundry.
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    If that pisses people off, then they have bigger problems in life than the Zen shop prices. Anyone that gets bent out of shape over this needs to take a step outside and think about their priorities.

Anybody who thinks they can make a statement like that and not be considered a jerk should go take a long hard look at themselves. Your turn.
  • gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    The class and race diversity is what keeps me playing, so far on dragon I have a 60 teifling rogue 60 elf CW 60 halfling gwf a 60 human DC and I just started a half orc rogue.

^^ to poster above, nobody likes passive aggression.
  • aleabugaleabug Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neverwinter was my first mmo i got to 60 with my cw and got bored i also dumped $60 in the cashop for keys and a bag wich is way over priced imo i started a new mmo last week RIFT and i must say i absolutely love it theres so much content plus so many builds to choose from i understand NW is new but ill stick with RIFT and maybe oneday play NW again until then ill keep checking th forums

ps: i dont hate NW i love the combat but not enough content atm
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aleabug wrote: »
    neverwinter was my first mmo i got to 60 with my cw and got bored i also dumped $60 in the cashop for keys and a bag wich is way over priced imo i started a new mmo last week RIFT and i must say i absolutely love it theres so much content plus so many builds to choose from i understand NW is new but ill stick with RIFT and maybe oneday play NW again until then ill keep checking th forums

ps: i dont hate NW i love the combat but not enough content atm

I was definitely interested in playing some rift but as an multiplayer action rpg fan the combat looks beyond tedious, is there anything you can say to convince me otherwise?
  • diggotdiggot Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they don't change the current state of the game, no i won't continue. I will quit and i won't think twice about it.

They need to change the following.

1) Add boss-mechanics, remove the add / AoE spam.
    2) Rework the Seal-currency system, useless at the moment.
    3) Fix Cleric healing-agro.
This discussion has been closed.