test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, will you be sticking to Neverwinter?

123457»

Comments

• caewincaewin Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just found this thread. I'm pretty hooked at this point. I'd love to see them raise the level cap and add more class choices, plus more for level 60s to do, but other than that, I'm good.
  • flattedflatted Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes I enjoy the game, cannot wait to be level 60 with my rogue :3
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I made it to page 11 in this thread, and I'm proud of myself for lasting that long. Some posts where funny ("Game is dead..." - posted four months ago?), but most are just painful to read. And while we're at it, I don't even know if I've posted here or not, or if I did, when. So this will be a fresh post, as I recently returned after some time off.

Back at launch, I wasn't too happy about this game. The Protector's Enclave was a lagfest, where it in some areas (around the bank and Rhix, for instance) took literally a whole second to update the screen. A lot of content was dull, and some things just confusing, like the UI. So yep, I quit early on.

But I never uninstalled. I kept updating it from time to time, and even returned after some time. The updated game was better, yet still not flawless. So off I went again... until recently, after module 1 was released. Now I have a Moon Elf, unicorn and sylph, and I love the game. My highest character pre-module 1 is a cleric lvl 32, and I have a rogue lvl 31. Both took weeks to get that high. The Moon Elf guardian fighter? Level 35 in a few days. She's really fun to play, and the game has grown a lot. The protector's encalve is more or less lag-free, and a lot of the dull content seem to have improved over time. Maybe that's just an illusion, though. I honestly don't know. What I do know is I enjoy the game a lot now, and I'll definitely stick around. Sure there will be breaks from time to time, but I'll always return from time to time, too.
  • gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmm..... seems to me its 40% fanbois with another 40% trolling them.. maybe 20 % serious opinion here. For what it's worth here's mine:

I'm staying, but ATM not spending. There is enough foundry content to keep me from getting bored, so until something better comes along (TESO open beta has got my attention). I'm in.

All this raving and ranting is fine, but the bottom line is what will tell the story. Two primary things:

1) Zen store prices will either drop or this game will end up with just a few thousand well heeled players carrying what's left of the development team on a minimal server. Offsite reviews, though largely positive have been MASSIVELY trolled by responders, 3 out of 4 screaming 'Cash grab!!' and howling about zen pricing.

2) The plague of exploiting/DD farming that was allowed to carry on through the beta unchecked has been 'band aid' fixed with heavy nerfs and BOP. OP gear behind OP enemies is a shaky proposition at best, particularly when the core of these enemy's strength lies solely with brute HPs and numbers. In the end, though many of the guilty parties rage/quit, so did many of the rest of us, to the point that as of 7pm EST today , I could see less than 1100 player in Sharandar (227) and PE (791). I played for nearly 4 hours today off and on and saw NO (0) prize notifications. Before FOTF there was almost always 1500 visible in the main zones.

Cryptic MUST address these issues satisfactorily, and players must hold them to account. We do this with money (or lack of it) and feedback. They've been at this long enough to smile at the fan raves and laugh at the trolls, but you can bet they watch the bottom line before ANYTHING else.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i'm very happy with the game. i'm definitely part of the core player base.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Closed for necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.