test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, will you be sticking to Neverwinter?

Comments

• aleabugaleabug Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    combat is pretty good in rift heaps of builds its just a fun game plus theres a deal atm with raptr you get the game and xpac free after you log 14hrs its worth havin a look plus there is so much content i have been doing great rift hunts atm with 20 people its so much fun plus the community is very helpful
    i would recommend it to anyone
  • andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.

Great feeling to the game,
    great community and will stick around and see what is in-store for us.
  • mego9500mego9500 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will be staying.

-The Cosmetics
    -The Foundry
    -The dungeons for the most part

Dislikes-
    -The Talamune Bar shop, those prices seem extremely high
    -The Seal shops, the gear is sub-par
    -The amount of adds in Dungeons rather than smarter mechanics
  • diggotdiggot Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mego9500 wrote: »
    -The Seal shops, the gear is sub-par
    -The amount of adds in Dungeons rather than smarter mechanics

The seal-shops aren't Sub-par, that would be an improvement. They are completely
    and utterly USELESS because all the green gear you loot is better, for free. And by the time
    you have enough seals to actually buy anything, you have outleveled it or looted something
    which is far better.

Either fix the Seal-items or remove them totally, it has no logic keeping a useless currency ingame.
  • efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    -Foundry

Dislikes:
    -Not enough story/lore, everything that is there for lore or story is completely meaningless.
    -Doesnt have the base classes of D&D from the start (ranger, bard, warlock) and the "Battle Cleric" needs to be more like a Battle Cleric and less like a priest from wow. (needs to have mace/shield and plate/heavy armor)
    -The base races are not there.
    -Every time you turn around you have Cryptic rummaging in your pockets. Quit shoving your shop down my throat, if you are going to advertise a Free to Play game, do not make items in the shop a necessity by putting needed items there (respecs/bags) I mean seriously, who gets their specs exactly right the very first time through? Game changing items should not be a part of the item shop. Otherwise advertise your game as it is, which is a Pay to Win and not Free to Play.
    -There are far, far, far too many currencies.
    -Crafting is ...mindless.
    -Every boss fight is exactly the same. (adds)

And yes, I will be leaving for ESO and AA, and if they pull the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I will say the same things *sigh* so tired of this gaming generation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • renuhveerenuhvee Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If my character is unsuspended soon, then yes, I will be staying. :) This game is very enjoyable and while not having a ton of content outside of Foundry, I enjoy a few of the dungeons, especially trying out new things. ^^;
  • maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    efaicia wrote: »
    And yes, I will be leaving for ESO and AA, and if they pull the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I will say the same things *sigh* so tired of this gaming generation.

Amen.... Waiting for Pathfinder myself, but it's probably a few years off. I just hope their attempt adheres to the core stats/skills which is why there is class imbalance in these "transition from tabletop" game attempts in the first place, as they try and tweak it to be a WOW clone RPG, where few of the classic 4th ED rules even exist, other than in a very vague sense.
  • maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Good luck yall. Returned to spent a day reading the forums while waiting for the download to see if they made some good changes, and about the new content, downloaded the 3gb test server to test it for myself, and just ran a dungeon on my DC. I won't be returning as they've made my favorite class useless. I'm worthless for healing now, only so-so for DPS, so why even have a healing class when Pots and Heal Stones do a much better job? 10 ticks for healing touch you can get instantly with a lesser pot? I think that was the intention. All I can say is what a disappointment. It will be good for the Zen store though for those healing stones.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lanzdowne wrote: »
    Yep, I'm a Hardcore DnD player/hobbyist. I love this computer version of the game, I also see a lot of potential for Neverwinter.

as do I/. But I also see a lot of potential for abject failure.
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    so far i havnt spent anymoney, & i have enjoyed playing the game but if u are a hardcore gamer u would need more 2keep u
    coming back.....i will stop playing only 2c what RIFT & SKYRIM look like on line............................................................
    i will all ways be back because its forgotten realms not just NW.................................................................................
  • smartdogssmartdogs Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no. i quit
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    My likes are pretty similar to others around here
    -Combat and Foundry

My Dislikes have also already been stated.
    -Too much emphasis put on the cash shop. It is a Pay to Win game. Now even more so with the bullsh!t nerfs to clerics that made them useless. (thereby pushing more ppl to the cash shop for healing/revive stones.)
    -Too little and Meaningless Lore, Story, Deity elements.
    -Boring crafting system.
    -Lacking both core classes and races to be a D&D game.
    -Too many currencies.

Just about ANY other Free to Play game has managed to make money without making their game Pay to Win. (Tera, GW2) And soon Rift. I am also of the opinion that Rift will have a better all around game offered, (because, you know, you can actually work with your character specs without being forced into a cash shop) when it goes free I will be there. As far as the Combat though, Tera is the better option as it also does not allow Pay to Win items in the cash shop, not to mention having actual FUNCTIONAL healers in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup. I'll be adding it to my list of currently actively played games along with GW2, Marvel Heroes & Torchlight II.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope.Because they had killed their own gaming community twice already now in the space of a month because of their reluctance to take down server once a exploit was found. Instead, they went out to ban those people who did it after the exploit spread like wildfire both in game and on the forums.

I mean Come on , you could have taken down the servers and these people would not be able to do the exploit? Instead, you waited then ban all of these people who did it after the exploit was spread on the forums when you could have took down the server and give yourself a easier time looking at people who had been constantly exploiting it since the start of the game? You are not catching the real exploiters time and again . Its a common case everywhere. Take the example of running to campfire. You didnt stem the flow by banning the first few who did it. Instead, you waited for more to commit the act because you had yet to find a solution. Then, you went to ban all these new people who learn it from the originals. What are you really trying to do by killing your own gaming population time and again?
  • diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    diggot wrote: »
    If they don't change the current state of the game, no i won't continue. I will quit and i won't think twice about it.

They need to change the following.

1) Add boss-mechanics, remove the add / AoE spam.
    2) Rework the Seal-currency system, useless at the moment.
    3) Fix Cleric healing-agro.

I doubt we will ever see anything even remotely like that.

I really can't understand how they thought an action combat system would work where you can't attack on the move.

I just did dread vault and unless they revamp the whole game i will never touch any dungeon again, after level 40 the whole game gets less fun and more unbalanced every level. There are so many hugely broken things in the game and they don#t even acknowledge any of them. The current patch on the PTS breaks more stuff than it fixes.

The other important thing they they need to fix is the atrocious lag we have in EU, it is nearly impossible to avoid the red zone in dread vault like 90% of the time. Even if you slide as soon as they appear, you will either rubber-band right back or still get hit 10 feet outside of them.
  • johneco1johneco1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll be staying till at least next year. I wasn't planning on playing but this other little title (ESO) will not be out till next year so....
  • rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johneco1 wrote: »
    I'll be staying till at least next year. I wasn't planning on playing but this other little title (ESO) will not be out till next year so....
    ESO is scheduled for release this year. "later" 2013. I suspect we might get an actual date sometime during or shortly after E3 (june 11-13). I'm just planning for christmas but maybe sooner.
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    ESO is scheduled for release this year. "later" 2013. I suspect we might get an actual date sometime during or shortly after E3 (june 11-13). I'm just planning for christmas but maybe sooner.

Everything I read agrees with this. My hopes are on it as well for right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diamondtikidiamondtiki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I don't think I'll be sticking with it, which is a shame. It's a wonderful game, and I like almost everything about it. But I loathe, loathe how travelling the world works.

I'm currently running through Pirate's Skyhold. I logged in, ready to play, and noticed I ran out of Solvent for the alchemical tasks. Immediately I groaned. Now I need to run through the entire Skyhold map to get back to the one Gate to travel out, go to town, buy the solvent and a couple of other bits and bobs in the bazaar for less than five minutes, then go all the way back.

Five minutes after starting back, I was still in Skyhold and battling the sixth group of mobs placed straight in my way. I just quit the game. I've no desire to play it any more today. And probably not tomorrow.

And my alternatives are continuously spending money on teleports (and that only works if I want to go back to town) or spend an unreasonable amount of real money on a mount I want solely for it's ability to go faster than a brisk jog.

As fun as it is, the simple fact it I ain't got time for this bull.
  • firedragon1968firedragon1968 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I don't think I'll be sticking with it, which is a shame. It's a wonderful game, and I like almost everything about it. But I loathe, loathe how travelling the world works.

I'm currently running through Pirate's Skyhold. I logged in, ready to play, and noticed I ran out of Solvent for the alchemical tasks. Immediately I groaned. Now I need to run through the entire Skyhold map to get back to the one Gate to travel out, go to town, buy the solvent and a couple of other bits and bobs in the bazaar for less than five minutes, then go all the way back.

Five minutes after starting back, I was still in Skyhold and battling the sixth group of mobs placed straight in my way. I just quit the game. I've no desire to play it any more today. And probably not tomorrow.

And my alternatives are continuously spending money on teleports (and that only works if I want to go back to town) or spend an unreasonable amount of real money on a mount I want solely for it's ability to go faster than a brisk jog.

Hi, you can purchase profession items via the Neverwinter gateway without having to travel anywhere.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    how sad it must be, i`m waiting for a better game to spend "money/time"on/ in.
    the sad and better doesn`t need an explenation i guess :D

my only option is wildstar after this, snifsnif. hope it `s more professional.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Most MMO friends of mine played and then lost interest.

Personally, it all comes down to Foundry. If they ever manage to get their heads straight and fix some of the _deep_ design problems with search and accessibility, then maybe this game will recover some of us.

I'm just really sad that this is almost the _only_ MMO with any UGC. Maybe EQ Next will steal Cryptic's wee thunder.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • digressiodigressio Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I started this game from day one of open beta, got to lvl 28-ish and stopped playing. My main issue is the lack of classes and customization (not personalized enough for a D&D title), it's D&D ffs why only 4 generic classes? Where is the Druid ? (my absolute favorite class in the D&D universe) or at least the Ranger, wtf is that ball thing "Control Wizards" (what a term..) use?
    It's best feature is the combat and that is also it's undoing cause by implementing that action intense combat system they dumbed down everything else that makes D&D what it is.

If they add a Druid class I might revisit it but even then I don't know if I will stick around.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes it's by no means my main MMO but I do have a lot of fun playing
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • aarrgg554aarrgg554 Member Posts: 51
    edited September 2013
    Its the only MMO Im playing now. Ive gotten kind of annoyed by MMOs because of the time commitment needed to be "successful" at these sort of games. But the pve single player experience is fairly well conceived and the foundry keeps the game fresh. So I enjoy it from that perspective.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Doubtful. 95% of my guild left this game already. The top reasons are the boss "adds" mechanic is terrible and the second reason is Zen pricing is way beyond what any of those that left deem acceptable (note most of them bought the $60 packs when the game started but everyone sure stopped buying stuff after that). I'm waiting for the betas I've signed up for now for wildstar, EQ and elder scrolls. Despite the fact I've invested about $3k into this game I'm ready to walk away now. I log in to pray and do Proffessional tasks once a day but its more out of habit and due to the fact I don't have another MMO to play now until I get into one of the 3 I signed up for. Hopefully module 2 fixes some things and it might be possible to get some of the guild back but at this point I think it's too little and way too late....
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    oops, wrong topic.

while my post is here now anyway, i give up on giving pwe/cryptic ideas, so should anyone else.
    just let it die.
    it gets more user care then owner care, we `re basicly adopting a baby.
    just let it die, because it`s just a game ofcourse :D
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    Despite the fact I've invested about $3k into this game

... Dear gods above and below, WHY???!?!?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Open the gateway (https://gateway.playneverwinter.com) select the character than needs solvent, go to professions and then go to the buy supplies button at the bottom. It's much handier than the old school method of buying 1000 charcoal before setting off to a new zone, etc.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • moogle71moogle71 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Finaly done reading ALL ur comments some made me laugh bcuz they were truly funny
    While some were simply....I mean if u are bored befor getting. L 60.
    And run some t 2 or gg then imo u havnt even played the game yet.

Topic. Yes i will be staying im a loyal gamer and i stay on the games i play
    No my wallet stay closed until im satisfied with the feats and paragon working
    If i dont see any progress this way then u can count me out
    This is the most important part to me. If the core of the game is flawed
    Then ofc some people will leave ,others will wait to see wat happen
    If nothing is done the game die (nooooooo)

Likes - set items,power,feat,paragon intended way,foundry trickjump (looking for more stuff like that
    Love cn and its unique way to fight it even thought
    cryptic dosnt seem to be happy about it , but not
    every1 can do it and it take some skills
    Farming for my zen if i choose to
    Everyclass uniqueness
    Love the work hard to win game
    Patch note when u dont hide some changes

Dislikes - broken feats/paragon. This is a big disappointment since this shuld be in top priority
    (I have all class beside gwf 60 and its the most broken i heard
    For example stealth bug where meter dosnt go up or down
    While using lurker assault u cant gain ap
    big lol since i use more ap While stealthed paragon
    Lack of comunication from devs to player which make us feel abandoned
    Sry for fault typing with crappy iphone
    Lack of information on powers. (Duration cooldown, chill stacks etc). But they did add more info
    Lack of endgame content even thought i like cn after 100 time it get repetitive
    Need button should make stuff bound on pickup so people need when they need
    Not to sell ,im getting offtopic
    This is only my opinion and how i see the game
This discussion has been closed.