test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New **Raid** Zone Gauntlgrym sounds terrible

1235»

Comments

• Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I don't like is being forced to pvp to see the content. That also means that we will have to respec, if we didn't set up for pvp. One build incoming.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xcifu wrote: »
    Holy hell. I really don't get a lot of the replies on this post. It's new content, can you at least give it a try before jumping to an incomprehensible rant. Here are some bullet points for y'all.*

Don't compare this to WoW or Daoc or Warhammer, just stop before your brain implodes.*

Waaa Waaa I don't like pvp Waaa. Again while a persons preference is important to THAT person the majority don't give a rats ***

about your personal play style. If you don't like pvp then don't participate in it.*

Why do carebears ruin everything for us pvpers. Honestly you don't see pvpers *****ing about pve content. A good pvper will also be a good pver. The opposite doesn't seem to translate half the time.*

This game has a lot of issues and bugs that they have been working to fix all through beta. So it's sorta understandable that there are a lot of dissatisfied customers, however, a beta is simply just what it sounds like: an unfinished version of a game where the developers intent is to test things out before going live.*

I think people's gripe is that real money has been spent on a beta where somethings are clearly broken or not working as intended. ***** it's beta. The money you are spending should be viewed as a contribution to the work the dev team is doing. Once the game goes live then absolutely I would agree with anyone that received something they did not pay for. Till then stop your crying I bet your tears are sweet nectar to the dev team.*

/rant.*

P.S.*
    If you are on the mindflayer server and you want to be in a guild that is going to take Neverwinter release serious contact us on our website at www.the-darkhand.com or send an in game mail to cifu@xcifu

Because you don't have to do pve content to do pvp content. I don't care for pvp. I never got into it. Having to pvp just to see content is pretty weak. Insult all you want. And stop using the term carebears. It makes you sound like a moron.

I'll be sure to keep any eye out for your guild on Mindflayer. Alienate yourself a bit more.
  • Options
    imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    There is less CC in Neverwinter than in most MMOs. The TTK is arguably way too low at 60, though. (As in: takes too little time to kill someone, so CC's impact is stronger.)

Theres less CC because theres significantly less ability choice to have in combat.
    Having a limit of 3/4 abilities to rotate from compared to the 20-30 in other games.
    Not to forget that even the 3/4 abilities we get here in Neverwinter allow you to keep someone CCed indefinetly.

If there was a DR system, then sure, but there isn't.

And for the Gauntlgrym thing, the biggest mistake is that the team who wins the first phase gets a massive advantage in the second.
    What will prevent the losing team from bailing out once they're put in this disadvantage in the second phase?

Doesn't help that their queueing system is complete garbage and that the leader has the power and is the only one to be able to kick everyone.
    The mass wave of afkers or bots is gonna be insane, and kicking people doesn't do a thing but put your team outnumbered.
  • Options
    xcifuxcifu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    LOL

How about you remove the insulting tone and maybe someone will you know...discuss it with you... which is what this is for...not recruitment xD

I'm sure when all is said and done the players that leave, won't be bothering you much longer, just have a little patience and don't get sucked into the fighting xD Oh and enjoy the lulz.

How about no.... The only people that might feel insulted are those that are insulting themselves. All I am saying is try it out. As for recruitment, I just put out an option for those that are tired of the bs people vomit all all over these forums.

I need to put in a bug report today. Random complainers story line is not working as intended. Complainers on a beta test are not testing, bug seems to be apparant in 70% of the posts.
  • Options
    xcifuxcifu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because you don't have to do pve content to do pvp content. I don't care for pvp. I never got into it. Having to pvp just to see content is pretty weak. Insult all you want. And stop using the term carebears. It makes you sound like a moron.

I'll be sure to keep any eye out for your guild on Mindflayer. Alienate yourself a bit more.

Awesome then don't pvp! See how simple that is. Come on.. You can do it! Don't click that button and all your pve dreams come true.

Enough of the insults apparently reading is not fundamental. How hard is it to understand that pvp is optional. This is a mechanic that is intended to mix a lil bit of both. How many games out there have great pve with no pvp in those zones. So one game game makes one zone that has this and you go crazy about it? Oh grow up :p
  • Options
    idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    Can't wait for this personally. Looks like it will be a blast.
  • Options
    fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heh. AFK Gauntlgrym = tier 1 for everyones!
  • Options
    gromtaraccgromtaracc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    There is less CC in Neverwinter than in most MMOs. The TTK is arguably way too low at 60, though. (As in: takes too little time to kill someone, so CC's impact is stronger.)

You probably haven't played many MMOs then have you? CC is in this game is horrendous (in PvP at least), Control Resistance is useless and there no diminishing returns on chain CC.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    fermi wrote: »
    Heh. AFK Gauntlgrym = tier 1 for everyones!

Yeah they need to make sure that is fixed afkers in that zone will ruin it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Awesome then don't pvp! See how simple that is. Come on.. You can do it! Don't click that button and all your pve dreams come true.

Enough of the insults apparently reading is not fundamental. How hard is it to understand that pvp is optional. This is a mechanic that is intended to mix a lil bit of both. How many games out there have great pve with no pvp in those zones. So one game game makes one zone that has this and you go crazy about it? Oh grow up :p

Really? One zone? THE zone that this game is based around. If they give an option, for those that don't like to pvp, great. But, to be forced to pvp, and forced to win, for non-pvpers, that's horrible.

Many people read books, and hoped this game would bring something like Gauntlgrym. Sure, most, if not all will try it out. But, for some that hate pvp and can't get a break, having to run and win this every day will drive some away.

Oh, I forgot to mention a thing or two. Not everyone is here for the gear. Some people like content. I like seeing how others envision what I've imagined from reading books.

Also, I think it's a little late to add a tier 1 dungeon, when many bought or went easy mode to tier 2 stuff, which is still happening. Gear has flooded the ah already.

It's just a bad idea, without any other options. They need to add more content (no pvp required), faster, if they are going to force pvp to see pve content.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds fun. I like having more incentives to play pvp. That's my favourite part of the game. Well, if some of the changes from the "balance" patch are updated/reverted i may give it a try. No way I group with 20 people, and probably 2-3 clerics in the team while being unable to run efficiently multiple cleric parties. You punish multiple clerics groups and want to release 20 players content, just LOL.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How about no.... The only people that might feel insulted are those that are insulting themselves. All I am saying is try it out. As for recruitment, I just put out an option for those that are tired of the bs people vomit all all over these forums.

I need to put in a bug report today. Random complainers story line is not working as intended. Complainers on a beta test are not testing, bug seems to be apparant in 70% of the posts.

If you can't lose the attitude, then you're clearly unable to participate in the discussion. Your logic is flawed when it comes to dealing with other peoples opinions which you don't agree with. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing while adding nothing to the discussion.
  • Options
    avangerisavangeris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    This sounds so fun !!!!Lets waste like 2 hours for 1 T2 item.While you can go and finish t2 dungeon in 20-30 mins and get your items.
    And inb4 the loosing team leaves the "raid" T1 items LOLOLOL
  • Options
    johnwayne74johnwayne74 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avangeris wrote: »
    This sounds so fun !!!!Lets waste like 2 hours for 1 T2 item.While you can go and finish t2 dungeon in 20-30 mins and get your items.
    And inb4 the loosing team leaves the "raid" T1 items LOLOLOL

This is my biggest issue, wasting time to get second place. With the way PVP is balanced right now, might as well bring a team of 20 rogues.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zarchos wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? So this new raid zone will only give us tier 2 loot? Is this loot different from the existing loot that's available right now?

And to top it off- we can only get to the T2 level if we beat an existing team? What about people that have absolutely NO interest in PVP? This is a forced PVP on people, I don't like the system at all.

Yes all of that is correct which also means if you don't like it you don't have to do it.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Watch out for the P2W aspect of the game.

PvP becoming competitive and "forced" will make it so with OP enchants and mounts.
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you guys stop calling this a raid zone? Seriously, ive been seeing people claiming that the T1 and T2 loot probably is RAID T1 and RAID T2 so above the "dungeon" T1 and T2 sets.

Honestly, If you don't know what you're talking about. Dont post please. It becomes painfully obvious a few posts in some of you are pulling most of your conjecture out of your ***.

The PvE dungeons are going to be 5 man content. Final. Done. No room for debate. Check the email you got when you hit 60, see that? Both dungeons are 5 mans. Ok? Can we now stop with the largely stupid pie in the sky assumptions about how this isnt really going to be T1 and T2, but its going to be T1v2 and T2v2 or whatever else ridiculous <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you all can imagine.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Watch out for the P2W aspect of the game.

PvP becoming competitive and "forced" will make it so with OP enchants and mounts.

Enchants aren't op. A 5-15% chance for a proc that can only occur in so much amount of time isn't op. Tenebrous enchants which offer a total of 1,200 extra damage (As opposed to stat enchants) isn't op either when people's hp is in the 20,000-30,000 range. I have taken my premades and crushed other premades who had better enchants/equipment than us. Enchants don't make a "Huge" difference as some would believe.

Now.. a team with epic mounts. That's a different story. However, any enchant and any mount can be gained via astral diamonds. A few days of hardcore pvp can sell enough astral diamonds (even more so if you run dungeons/do your dailies) to grab an epic mount within a week tops.
  • Options
    johnwayne74johnwayne74 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stop QQing noobs. :mad:

For someone quoting Lineage that is already fail
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Enchants aren't op. A 5-15% chance for a proc that can only occur in so much amount of time isn't op. Tenebrous enchants which offer a total of 1,200 extra damage (As opposed to stat enchants) isn't op either when people's hp is in the 20,000-30,000 range. I have taken my premades and crushed other premades who had better enchants/equipment than us. Enchants don't make a "Huge" difference as some would believe.

Now.. a team with epic mounts. That's a different story. However, any enchant and any mount can be gained via astral diamonds. A few days of hardcore pvp can sell enough astral diamonds (even more so if you run dungeons/do your dailies) to grab an epic mount within a week tops.

Tenebrous enchants and Perfect Soulforged are a MASSIVE boost, you're straight up lying if you're denying that lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Tenebrous enchants and Perfect Soulforged are a MASSIVE boost, you're straight up lying if you're denying that lol.

Actually I am denying that. Do the math that you get from enchants that provide stats. The absolute best ones and compare them with tenebrous. The advantage isn't THAT much higher. Perfect soulforge, I believe, is 4 seconds of invulnerability when below 25%. With how fast you can kill someone in pvp some people get dropped before they even hit the 25% mark. If someone has hit the 25% mark using "two rolls" and then moving back in is enough time to finish them off. Not that bad, no. If 60 end game pvp wasn't as fast paced as it was, I'd agree. However, we're talking about fights that end in seconds in most cases.

Regardless if someone has tenebrous enchants or not. Remove those enchants from the equation. Rogue in Tier 2 gear with no enchants versus someone with enchants. Rogue gets the jump on player with enchanted gear. Go. My money is on the rogue. Finally, none of us in my premade have the best enchants. Despite this we can go on a 100% win streak together all day. With a good group enchants mean nothing.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone here ever run a quest/dungeon/raid just for the story?
    it seems not.

I could care less what the gear is, as long as it has a decent story and is fun to do.

I usually hate PvP, but do it here for the Astrals, and I've actually had fun doing it, and even place in the top 3 or 4 now and then on my undergeared DC...however, if there is not a new Queue system, than newer people without friends and guilds, I think will suffer when it comes to actually winning.
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zarchos wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? So this new raid zone will only give us tier 2 loot? Is this loot different from the existing loot that's available right now?

And to top it off- we can only get to the T2 level if we beat an existing team? What about people that have absolutely NO interest in PVP? This is a forced PVP on people, I don't like the system at all.

lol, This is going to be amazing adds alot of challenge for ppl.. new gear will be clearly better... u can call it t1 or t9 its w/e it will be the highest available reguardless of what you call it
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Losing side in phase two gets the measly T1 gear dungeon.

No point in going into the loser dungeon for losers. You can buy T1 for a song on the AH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darthmarkus1971darthmarkus1971 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Haven't read this entire thread, but it seems to me that whichever side fails at phase one will lose all it's players - I sure as hell won't be hanging around for phase two......
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    a look into my glass ball tells me:
    Mass leavers in loosing team incoming after p1!

GJ Cryptic?

BTW:
    - why cant I join with 20 men from guild?
    - why T1/T2 when we allready have T2.5 from CN and BiS cuz we have grinded instances for weeks?

This is no end game content. This is a joke and a spit in the face for every hardcore guild.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shut up.
  • Options
    havok966havok966 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I use to call myself a pvper back in the day. Last few years I've grown more to only wanting to do pve. Could care less about pvp.
    However, after watching the video on Gauntlgrym, it seems very interesting. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.
    What's in your grind?
  • Options
    zarchoszarchos Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    You all fail to see the issue with this, this is detrimental t gameplay. People that don't want to PVP will ****NEVER**** play this, I necessarily don't mind PVP but I dont like it forcefully mixed into the environment.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    " And, players must be in a guild to participate. " - Latest info on Gaunt.

Nope, no thanks, I don't like being forced to join a guild filled with people I'd rather kill in PvP than speak to.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO