test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New **Raid** Zone Gauntlgrym sounds terrible

zarchoszarchos Member Posts: 47
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are you kidding me? So this new raid zone will only give us tier 2 loot? Is this loot different from the existing loot that's available right now?

And to top it off- we can only get to the T2 level if we beat an existing team? What about people that have absolutely NO interest in PVP? This is a forced PVP on people, I don't like the system at all.
Post edited by zarchos on

Comments

• Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same.Rather both teams get a Tier 2,just the winning team gets extra loot or something.
    Or just have a PvE contest.
    PvP contest for people that wish to play PvP.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think Cryptic is making a mistake by forcing PVP into the PVE content. I don't have very good impressions of the PVP in Neverwinter, too much CC and time to kill for certain classes is way too fast for my liking.
  • Options
    gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    read this post, read the replies,... all i read was:

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    japo1japo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Useless at this point most of the hardcore players actually are full T2... is useless run Gauntlgrym for equip.

t1 istance for losers= Mass leave at the end of the pvp phase...
    :mad:
  • Options
    scarvengerrscarvengerr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hahaha 20x20 nice..more rogues on pvp....lol 10 in same group =GG.....why release a new content when the old needs to be fixed?...hahahahahaha funny
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    I think Cryptic is making a mistake by forcing PVP into the PVE content. I don't have very good impressions of the PVP in Neverwinter, too much CC and time to kill for certain classes is way too fast for my liking.

There is less CC in Neverwinter than in most MMOs. The TTK is arguably way too low at 60, though. (As in: takes too little time to kill someone, so CC's impact is stronger.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    kondesitokondesito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    zarchos wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? So this new raid zone will only give us tier 2 loot? Is this loot different from the existing loot that's available right now?

And to top it off- we can only get to the T2 level if we beat an existing team? What about people that have absolutely NO interest in PVP? This is a forced PVP on people, I don't like the system at all.

Competitive PvE is not PvP. It's competing to complete objectives before other PvErs complete them.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    There is less CC in Neverwinter than in most MMOs. The TTK is arguably way too low at 60, though.

1 GF alone can permanently CC a target. So can a CW. 10+ CWs in a 20v20 pvp match is just not going to be fun (for me).
  • Options
    neecko92neecko92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it sounds awesome.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    1 GF alone can permanently CC a target. So can a CW. 10+ CWs in a 20v20 pvp match is just not going to be fun (for me).

It's a team-based game, so that one GF shouldn't be able to just stay on the target. But that's where the TTK issue comes into play, and PvP at 60 isn't something I enjoy, either. It's not because of the CC, though, and I have mixed feelings about combining the PvP in its current state with PvE, which makes it less avoidable.
  • Options
    scarvengerrscarvengerr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Started the Match.....oh man look a CW....He lifted me...Another enemy CW coming...OMG He lifted me To...1 teammate coming...ok lets fight this kids...more 2 Enemy CW appears on the fight..... OH &&$%
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Started the Match.....oh man look a CW....He lifted me...Another enemy CW coming...OMG He lifted me To...1 teammate coming...ok lets fight this kids...more 2 Enemy CW appears on the fight..... OH &&$%

And the 10 CWs on your team do what? Also, why not block the spells? Or become immune? Or just kill the CWs?
  • Options
    daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    10 cw's is nothing without coordination
  • Options
    xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did they say that each phase was forced or even one after the other or is it two separate queue's?

I can't imaging doing some PvE thing (~1hr) plus another PvP (~45 minutes) and a dungeon (~1-1.5hr) all at the same time in a casual game. If you look at the quests it says "Gauntlygrym PvE" and PVP separately. Unless these things are really short.

...So it isn't confirmed anything is forced yet?
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To the naysayers.

Try it first!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zarchos wrote: »

Where did it say anywhere about Gauntlgrym giving Tier 2 loot? The seals we get are purple(very rare)
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm all for more PvP, just believe that gating PvE content behind a PvP match is a dumb plan. Seen the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in DOAC years ago when they gated RvR (PvP content) behind PvE content (ToA anyone? Artifacts?) ... Does not lead to happy players.

The PvP crowd does not care about some dungeon, the PvE crowd does not care about the PvP game ... sure there are some that like both and this may appeal to them, they are, I'll wager, in the minority.
  • Options
    leetabixxleetabixx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It sounds fun, and as for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> crying about 20 rogue set ups good luck accomplishing any instance with that set up.... I'm assuming its a 20 man raid afterwards... though it sound pathetically pointless as they haven't even implemented a new tier set> This is gonna make them lose a **** tonne of players i feel, this isn't enough to keep people who are already in full tier 2, it's a shame because I really enjoy the game.... but if they don't give me anything worth grinding for then I guess its time to play dota 2 or coh 2 until ESO or WS.... If they aren't even implementing a new tier set what the **** is the point of the gauntlgrym coins?... this is so disappointing...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    xervai wrote: »
    Did they say that each phase was forced or even one after the other or is it two separate queue's?

I can't imaging doing some PvE thing (~1hr) plus another PvP (~45 minutes) and a dungeon (~1-1.5hr) all at the same time in a casual game. If you look at the quests it says "Gauntlygrym PvE" and PVP separately. Unless these things are really short.

...So it isn't confirmed anything is forced yet?

It is very confirmed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-CV3F-lA7lU
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinneeee qqqqqqq
  • Options
    dreadlegacydreadlegacy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    To all the complainers out there...... Try the f*ing content first before you spout your idiotic statements.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lilura138 wrote: »
    Where did it say anywhere about Gauntlgrym giving Tier 2 loot? The seals we get are purple(very rare)

The promotional video on Youtube, posted by PWE, says that Phase 3 rewards players with "Tier 2 equipment" (1:50 in the YouTube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-CV3F-lA7lU). The side that loses Phase 2, will be able to get only Tier 1 equipment.
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    All that I almost see in that video is loads of adds :D
  • Options
    rinethrineth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What everyone assumes though is that these are going to be lumped in with the T1s and T2s we already have, which I highly doubt is the case. If the dungeon is actually a raid, as most seem to be anticipating, it's entirely possible these will fall into a new category of gear with two separate tiers.

Assuming that just because it says Tier 1 and Tier 2 gear means an equivalency with current T1 and T2 gear is moronic.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    I hope it's actually Tier 3 PvP set.. that would be awesome. Hopefully they use a token system instead of random rolls... imagine the QQ if someone rolled and won stuff that they can't even use.
  • Options
    leetabixxleetabixx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rineth wrote: »
    What everyone assumes though is that these are going to be lumped in with the T1s and T2s we already have, which I highly doubt is the case. If the dungeon is actually a raid, as most seem to be anticipating, it's entirely possible these will fall into a new category of gear with two separate tiers.

Assuming that just because it says Tier 1 and Tier 2 gear means an equivalency with current T1 and T2 gear is moronic.

yea i guess you are right. I hope this is the case because no new shinies will make me sad and stop playing pretty quickly :( Though ofcourse I will try before I decide what I do with the game. I hope you're right, I really do!
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gear wise, I'm guessing when they say "Tier 2 equipment" will be more like Castle Never with its Tier 2.5 weapons/jewelry. If Castle Never already gives T2.5 for non-armor related gear, I'm guessing the new zone will give T2.5 for armor (+500 for 2-set bonus).

Or at least I sure hope so. Having basically the same stats as existing T2s just different 4-set bonus would make no sense.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sounds fun to me.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it sounds really cool and different from things Ive done in other MMOs. Honestly one of the best PvP experiences I remember was actually in WoW with Alterac Valley. This sounds like a blend of PvE and PvP. The look may not be T3 but it could look amazing. Just because my stats didnt go oppduper up doesn't mean Im gonna hate on looking cooler.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]