test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, will you be sticking to Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.

if the june 20th patch fix the billion issues and concerns i have with the game or at least majorly addresses them, yes. If its just sickeningly tripey hype for Feywild. No.
  • Options
    xelqyplaxelqypla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't logged in for a couple weeks. I poke around on the forums every once in a while.

I'll be around the forums until the first major update. If it doesn't pull me into the game, I'll just uninstall and move on.
  • Options
    volkaervolkaer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know. With the needlessly large amount of nerfing to CW's coming in the next patch, it just seems that this game is starting to head away from the DnD / immersion concept and more towards PvP (again, looking at the so called 'balancing'). Which is fine - as I already said elsewhere, you can either orientate and balance the game for either PvP or PvE - not both, and trying to focus on both equally fails miserably. But the thing is, that would make this game pretty much just like every other game out there, and not the DnD without pen and paper, focused on player built dungeons and in-game immersion, as I thought it would be (in other words, it's not exactly what I was looking for). So yeah, I feel a tad depressed with the changes for the next patch, and really don't know if I would stay with the game now.

On an un-related note, I was meaning to ask whether you are able to get both founder packs. Mainly because the mount, companion and fashion stuff in the hero of neverwinter is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in comparison to the cheaper one, and the cheaper one is... well... slightly less in other aspects.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Uninstalled yesterday , the game is dead .
  • Options
    culannhstoneculannhstone Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.

Nope...not staying. Cash shop being primary reason. I'd rather pay $15/mo. as a subscription fee, and with the way PWE did NW's cash shop, it's pretty clear they're out to gouge people. Things like bag space, bank space, respecs all costing RL funds are not something that compels me to stay. Quite the opposite actually. And after seeing one of the Devs post a flippant comment then receive negative feedback on it on the forums here and come back with a butt-hurt retort, I'm not sure I would even pay a sub fee for NW at this point. The whole little commentary in the thread about GF block being broken and the Dev's response is pretty pathetic, and extraordinarily unprofessional.

My opinion only of course, but hey let's face it, one person less, is still one person less. And bad word of mouth travels pretty **** quick on the 'Net and in RL.
  • Options
    yoichinoyumiyoichinoyumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will be staying..... until FFXIV: ARR launch
  • Options
    majhookmajhook Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Staying for a LONG time. You don't have to buy but can earn and trade, you can play generated content from the community, fantastic combat, easy to get into dungeons, fast skirmishes, lots of options and easy to add to game mechanics that leave a ton of room for growth. Yes there are issues but games that have been out for years still have issues. I am having so much fun in this title I have been able to overlook most of them.
  • Options
    serpentussserpentuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Game is dead...
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Will I be sticking to Neverwinter? Sadly, I don't think so.

I haven't been doing anything in Neverwinter for a few days because the only thing worth doing atm is farming CN which is boring as hell. Every other PvE content has been devalued or does not exist. There is even no end-game PvE area where people tired with other content can relax grinding some wealth a bit, killing some mobs, explore. Even thing so simple as this is no existent.

I don't do PvP, and don't intend to do seeing how unbalanced this is atm. New Gauntgrym content, as the trailer shows, introduces mandatory PvP structure which is in my opinion a big no-no, as I know many people play MMOs ONLY for their PvE content and they are no interested in any form of PvP whatsoever.

This game has so large potential, its combat system is awesome and unmatchable. It's kinda said that there's so few worthwhile endgame content and the upcoming one doesn't seem so appealing, forcing people to PvP...
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rift starts next week (F2P) and yet Final Fantasy afterwards so ill be stickin to RO2 until either both
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    gametildeathgametildeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Elder scrolls online ftw, this is just a time waster for me.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Elder scrolls online ftw, this is just a time waster for me.

u dont know anything about ESO yet...u will see when it comes out and then that game get also trolls like here how good will be...anyway i think ESO will be good,Gw 2 is good,Age of Wulin is good and Black Desert will be best but NW is far from dead as some people says here.Im sticking with NW for now and i think that i wont quit this game permanent atall for years
  • Options
    rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope. I gave it a shot but it didn't feel like anything special. Too similar to other MMOs. And coming from someone who's played D&D since 2nd edition with those things called pencils and paper, this game doesn't feel like D&D to me at all. Yeah they put some lore in it but I'm talking about the actual playing and feel of the game. I may give it a second look when new classes are added and it's no longer "open beta". But I don't predict that It will be able to capture my full attention. There are too many core systems that I can't stand. Particularly the crafting. Add me to the list of those waiting for ESO.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sallee132 wrote: »
    u dont know anything about ESO yet...u will see when it comes out and then that game get also trolls like here how good will be...anyway i think ESO will be good,Gw 2 is good,Age of Wulin is good and Black Desert will be best but NW is far from dead as some people says here.Im sticking with NW for now and i think that i wont quit this game permanent atall for years
    Well of course there will be trolls but if Facebook is any kind of measurement for anticipation at all:
    Neverwinter(which is already playable) - 127,000 likes
    The Elder Scrolls Online - 1,171,000 likes
    A little bit of a difference. Just saying. And I was one of those Neverwinter "likes" because I really did want to like it.
  • Options
    wrannecwrannec Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Well of course there will be trolls but if Facebook is any kind of measurement for anticipation at all:
    Neverwinter(which is already playable) - 127,000 likes
    The Elder Scrolls Online - 1,171,000 likes
    A little bit of a difference. Just saying. And I was one of those Neverwinter "likes" because I really did want to like it.

You can't really compare those two games - at all. Facebook likes is not a fair measurement.

Just because Neverwinter "only" got 127k likes compared to ESO, doesn't mean that there isn't more people playing the game.

OT:

I'm having a lot of fun in this game. Allthough 5 of my IRL mates doesn't play atm, (but i'm sure they'll return with the new major update) I'm having fun playing DD's with random people, who 9/10 are very kind, and fun playing with.

In short, i'll stick around for as long i'm having fun playing this game. And atm, it looks like it will be for a long long time.
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great fun until reaching 60 but at that point the game just broke leaving just the Foundry... no skirmishes, only one daily dungeon quest, dungeon groups climbing walls dropping through floors only bothered by the fastest way to get loot. While this game has less actual bugs of any game i've recently played it's the most exploited game ever. I'm bored by pvp and I don't like the idea of being forced into it for a so called "endgame".
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Waiting to see how much depth & playability the new content adds if the current exploits aren't fixed and the Gauntlgrym is only available for a couple of hours a day like the existing events then I think I'm done with it.

I really hope the fix it up properly but I've got no interest in playing a badly broken mmo that's riddled with cheats & cheaters and would prefer to just wait and wait on the elder scrolls than sink anymore time into this.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    It's a nice game when you have a little time to waste. I like the combat for the most part and I am a fan of ad&d.

However, the prices on the zen store are outrageous which will cause me to never take this game seriously. I will never rush home to play that game with the 40$ mounts and 10$ bags.

If I am bored and have nothing to do its nice to play around on for a couple hours though.

Do you need that $40 mount or $10 bag to play? Are you the same guy that's been spewing this **** since the game came out or are there more of you? It's like clockwork, no one can start a ****ing thread on this forums without this exact same bull**** utterance spewing forth from someone's butthurt little mouth. Give it a rest and enjoy what the game has to offer, the prices aren't going to change no matter how far you stick your nose up in the air.
  • Options
    crowthorncrowthorn Member Posts: 96
    edited June 2013
    Yep, I'll be sticking around.
    Actually spend most of my time in the Foundry Building and Writing.

Oddly enough, the only time I really play is when I'm reviewing others quests.
    Probably why my Character is only level 37.. Ha!

I'll be sticking with this for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wildswann wrote: »
    Great fun until reaching 60 but at that point the game just broke leaving just the Foundry... no skirmishes, only one daily dungeon quest, dungeon groups climbing walls dropping through floors only bothered by the fastest way to get loot. While this game has less actual bugs of any game i've recently played it's the most exploited game ever. I'm bored by pvp and I don't like the idea of being forced into it for a so called "endgame".

This, and I agree with the cost of items. Bag space, respecs, bank space. Things like this shouldn't take weeks to farm ad. On top of having to pay crazy prices to remove enchants, that you paid crazy prices for (enchants themselves and the wards), it's a little over the top. I don't care about having the best gear now. But, if I'm required to beat a team that might have seriously high powered players, the costs being as they are, I don't know if I'll stick around. If I can't experience content, which is the most important part for me, because I don't have the insane money and/or time, there is no reason to play anymore.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    Do you need that $40 mount or $10 bag to play? Are you the same guy that's been spewing this **** since the game came out or are there more of you? It's like clockwork, no one can start a ****ing thread on this forums without this exact same bull**** utterance spewing forth from someone's butthurt little mouth. Give it a rest and enjoy what the game has to offer, the prices aren't going to change no matter how far you stick your nose up in the air.
    People who complain about prices? Whoever heard of such a thing? I've never heard anyone complain about gas prices either. Maybe we should just enjoy the gas and shut up about it?
    Yeah compared to many other cash shops, It's too **** expensive. And when you got cool **** on the shop that most can't afford you kind of alienate them and it pisses people off and they quit playing. Is this good for the game? Well it is if all PWE cares about is making money off the people who can afford that ****.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Game is fun until you reach lvl 60.

Then we got exploitable, mostly unrewarding dungeons, full of people jumping through walls. Dungeon Delves event chest hunters running for 4-5 chests during 1 hour. Unbalanced PvP with players one-shoting others. Most of these issues are old and unfixed for weeks.

Combat system is awesome, all the rest, especially technical state of the game, breaks my heart :(
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe I'll be staying. I have high hopes that Neverwinter will improve.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People who complain about prices? Whoever heard of such a thing? I've never heard anyone complain about gas prices either. Maybe we should just enjoy the gas and shut up about it?
    Yeah compared to many other cash shops, It's too **** expensive. And when you got cool **** on the shop that most can't afford you kind of alienate them and it pisses people off and they quit playing. Is this good for the game? Well it is if all PWE cares about is making money off the people who can afford that ****.

If that pisses people off, then they have bigger problems in life than the Zen shop prices. Anyone that gets bent out of shape over this needs to take a step outside and think about their priorities.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now that I've hit 60, I think I'll stay. Foundry content is always interesting. :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's sad and disturbing how long and convoluted some of the "I am not staying" posts are.
    A simple No would suffice.... It's a game, ffs, get along with your life if you have any, there is more to it than games
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    It's a game, ffs, get along with your life if you have any, there is more to it than games
    Lies.........
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The module release will be the big factor, mostly I am waiting for Wildstar anyways.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lies.........

Ok, ok, you got me there.....
    There is no Real Life, there is only AFK
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    It's sad and disturbing how long and convoluted some of the "I am not staying" posts are.
    A simple No would suffice.... It's a game, ffs, get along with your life if you have any, there is more to it than games
    The same could be said of the opposite. A simple Yes would suffice. People want to elaborate on the "why". Nothing wrong with that.
This discussion has been closed.